December 22, 2014 | 1742 users online

Body Scrubs - Clinique - Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating *Cream*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OH MY, I LOVE THIS STUFF!
I got a free full size bottle when I bought a clinique face powder. At first I didn't really care for it as I haven't had much luck with body exfoliators in the past. This one, however, is gold. I used it in the shower and first thing I noticed was the smell - yum - it smells of methanol. The grains in it are not rough on the skin, but not so soft that you can't feel anything. It really helped exfoliate my skin and get rid of all the lumps and bumps I had. I felt so refreshed after using this, not to mention, it prepped my skin SO nicely for my self-tan application. My boyfriend also commented on how soft my skin felt the next day. I didn't let him know my secret though ;)

I also love the fact that this isn't watery, it's more like a gel, so doesn't slip off your hand when you squeeze it out.

I would definately recommend and repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 8:16:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scrub is great! It is super effective and gentle at the same time. My skin is left super smooth and polished feeling. It was a HUGE difference from the Body Shop (BS) body polish I was using. I followed with my, much loved, BS body butter. It went on so much better and spread so nice. I feel like I went to the spa and had an exfoliation treatment - it is that effective!! Also, this scrub did not irritate my very sensitive skin.

I would suggest using a good amount (you don't need a ton but don't skimp) and not rubbing too hard. Give it a little time to work and rub *lightly* for about 30 sec per area. You can actually feel your dead skin sloughing off. Also I would suggest that you don't use it more than 1-2 times per week.

The only think I don't care for is the smell. It is very medicinal, like Vics Vapo-rub. Because it works so well, and the scent does not linger much on your skin, that I can completely ignore this. I just follow with products that I do like the smell of. The cool feeling it leaves can be very nice in the summer.

I also took off 1 rating point for the packaging. A tube would be better for the shower. I had to work at keeping water out of the tub and kept dropping the lid.

EDIT/UPDATE: I got to the bottom of my jar and had to run out and buy another. I also use this on my face. It does a great job getting rid of all flakyness, but you have to rub gently. Because it has all that menthol and I don't want to leave that on my face, I wash my face again after using.

SECOND EDIT/UPDATE - I have been using this for a while now. I still LOVE it for my face because you get super good exfoiation witout having to rub. This means that your skin does not get irritated or break out. I use once a week, twice at most, and then use cleanser after because I don't like the smell or the tingle. This takes off dead skin in a snap!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sd87

I got this as a sample and loved it!! By far the best body exfoliator I've used, my skin looks and feels like its been renewed! The smell is really nice and the scrub is not too harsh but very effective. My skin looks super soft and luminous with a slight sparkle (not in a tacky way).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had so many free samples of this, and was so impressed that I finally splashed out on a full-size tub. This is one of the best exfoliators I've ever used (and I have tried a few!) - the skin all over my body is left baby-soft afterwards. It seems to magnify the effects of body moisturiser too. I had some acne scars on my back, and they seem to have diminished after using this scrub. I like the tub packaging too (unlike some reviewers), it's so thick that it would be difficult to put in a tube. The pot looks lovely in the bathroom, all blue and silvery. It is pricey, but you really get what you pay for with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by BlairTan

Not bad! I wasn't expecting much from this unassuming 75 ml product as I got it as a GWP (and I never heard of this scrub before this). It gives a minty tingly feeling, the exfoliating beads are finer than Clarins's Smoothing Body Scrub and it makes my body super smooth! The bad thing is it doesn't smell as nice as the aforementioned Clarins body scrub. Other than this minor detail, this scrub is fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by martiral

This product is very expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for. When I used for the first time I did not know it was going to make me tingly so be careful not to get on sensitive parts of the body. I really am not that crazy about the smell but, the exfoliatning cream works very well on my sensitive dry skin. Does not irritate like other scrubs I have used and leaves skin so smooth. I would buy again but wish I could find a cheaper version but still have not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yesx12 to the 10th degree!!! This is my holiest of holy grail products! I absolutely heart Clinique's Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream and would gladly use this as my last scrub if I were on Death Row!
Okay, enough of the accolades and back to the review!
Packaging ~ nice big round tub that doesn't break! No having to squeeze a tube or cut a tube open to get to the dregs.
Consistency ~ nice smooth grainy scrub that is not greasy, slippery, or foul smelling! It gets the skin uber smooth w/out irritation. I cannot emphasize this enough. The grains don't scratch the skin like some other scrubs out there and they don't linger at the bottom of the tub either!
Price~ For $18USD (that was the price that I paid for last time I purchased it).
I use this about once or twice during the week a little more in the summer. Definitely a winner and as far as scrubs for me go, ain't no other!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by GoddessGreenEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! I've tried so many scrubs that it's not even funny. I was at the Clinique counter recently and this product caught my eye. It was a generously-sized jar of the product for a very reasonable price, so I bought it, along with Clinique's Deep Comfort Body Butter (but that's another review). I have extremely rough heels and balls of my feet, along with dry elbows. I thought that this scrub might help a little, and after the first time I used it, I was pleasantly surprised - my rough skin was a lot smoother; about 60 percent so. I used it the next day when I showered, and the day after that, and that day was when I noticed REAL results. My dry, flaky elbows were smooth to the touch, and my once-scratchy, rough heels (the driest parts of my body) were so smooth that they felt as if I'd had a professional pedicure! I've used this scrub every day ever since, and my skin truly sparkles. I love the cool, refreshing feeling of the product, too. I'm on my second jar of it, and a third jar is just around the corner! It'll be GREAT for summer, too - swimsuit time is just around the corner! I can't recommend this scrub enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by tam75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this twice now, at first I was a bit skeptic but now i'm "SOLD"!! This is the perfect exfoliater..."well, I admit this is the first scrub I've tried". I LUV it, I use it only once a week because although the beads are tiny but I can see the damage they might do if you exfoliate everyday...they are little but tough and rough! I LUV how the mint in this cream makes me feel, very nice and cool, feels like you have a ton of cucumber slices all over your body! It exfoliates very nicely, leaving my skin very soft, supple, clean and not over drying (best). My fiance LUVs how my skin feels afterwards too...(hehe). The price is a bit high (because it's brand) but a little goes a long way, this jar would probably last me at least 6 months since I only use it on Fridays. It's great to prepare the weekends with smooth-silky-clean-refreshed-skin!!!
***************************************************
UPDATE: Been over a month and I LUV-LUV this scrub, only thing i wish to change is the price. Overall...Excellent scrub. My skin is much brighter/lighter and sooooo smooth even though I used only once a week. LUV it...!
*****************************************************************************
UPDATE 5/14/09: It's been almost a year now and i still LUV-LUV-LUV this stuff!!! I'm getting married in two weeks (HURRAY!!) and i'm def saving this for the honeymoon...(wink)!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 5:41:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This review is for the tube-version called Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator. I haven't tried the tub-version (exfoliating cream) so I can't make any comparisons. But I'm not a fan of the tube-version. It doesn't actually do anything and I don't notice any difference when using it. The menthol feels really refreshing but it doesn't really provide effective exfoliation. The tub-version has gotten really good reviews in MUA so maybe that one actually gives some results.