April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating *Cream*

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sd87

I got this as a sample and loved it!! By far the best body exfoliator I've used, my skin looks and feels like its been renewed! The smell is really nice and the scrub is not too harsh but very effective. My skin looks super soft and luminous with a slight sparkle (not in a tacky way).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had so many free samples of this, and was so impressed that I finally splashed out on a full-size tub. This is one of the best exfoliators I've ever used (and I have tried a few!) - the skin all over my body is left baby-soft afterwards. It seems to magnify the effects of body moisturiser too. I had some acne scars on my back, and they seem to have diminished after using this scrub. I like the tub packaging too (unlike some reviewers), it's so thick that it would be difficult to put in a tube. The pot looks lovely in the bathroom, all blue and silvery. It is pricey, but you really get what you pay for with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by BlairTan

Not bad! I wasn't expecting much from this unassuming 75 ml product as I got it as a GWP (and I never heard of this scrub before this). It gives a minty tingly feeling, the exfoliating beads are finer than Clarins's Smoothing Body Scrub and it makes my body super smooth! The bad thing is it doesn't smell as nice as the aforementioned Clarins body scrub. Other than this minor detail, this scrub is fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by martiral

This product is very expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for. When I used for the first time I did not know it was going to make me tingly so be careful not to get on sensitive parts of the body. I really am not that crazy about the smell but, the exfoliatning cream works very well on my sensitive dry skin. Does not irritate like other scrubs I have used and leaves skin so smooth. I would buy again but wish I could find a cheaper version but still have not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yesx12 to the 10th degree!!! This is my holiest of holy grail products! I absolutely heart Clinique's Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream and would gladly use this as my last scrub if I were on Death Row!
Okay, enough of the accolades and back to the review!
Packaging ~ nice big round tub that doesn't break! No having to squeeze a tube or cut a tube open to get to the dregs.
Consistency ~ nice smooth grainy scrub that is not greasy, slippery, or foul smelling! It gets the skin uber smooth w/out irritation. I cannot emphasize this enough. The grains don't scratch the skin like some other scrubs out there and they don't linger at the bottom of the tub either!
Price~ For $18USD (that was the price that I paid for last time I purchased it).
I use this about once or twice during the week a little more in the summer. Definitely a winner and as far as scrubs for me go, ain't no other!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by GoddessGreenEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! I've tried so many scrubs that it's not even funny. I was at the Clinique counter recently and this product caught my eye. It was a generously-sized jar of the product for a very reasonable price, so I bought it, along with Clinique's Deep Comfort Body Butter (but that's another review). I have extremely rough heels and balls of my feet, along with dry elbows. I thought that this scrub might help a little, and after the first time I used it, I was pleasantly surprised - my rough skin was a lot smoother; about 60 percent so. I used it the next day when I showered, and the day after that, and that day was when I noticed REAL results. My dry, flaky elbows were smooth to the touch, and my once-scratchy, rough heels (the driest parts of my body) were so smooth that they felt as if I'd had a professional pedicure! I've used this scrub every day ever since, and my skin truly sparkles. I love the cool, refreshing feeling of the product, too. I'm on my second jar of it, and a third jar is just around the corner! It'll be GREAT for summer, too - swimsuit time is just around the corner! I can't recommend this scrub enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by tam75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this twice now, at first I was a bit skeptic but now i'm "SOLD"!! This is the perfect exfoliater..."well, I admit this is the first scrub I've tried". I LUV it, I use it only once a week because although the beads are tiny but I can see the damage they might do if you exfoliate everyday...they are little but tough and rough! I LUV how the mint in this cream makes me feel, very nice and cool, feels like you have a ton of cucumber slices all over your body! It exfoliates very nicely, leaving my skin very soft, supple, clean and not over drying (best). My fiance LUVs how my skin feels afterwards too...(hehe). The price is a bit high (because it's brand) but a little goes a long way, this jar would probably last me at least 6 months since I only use it on Fridays. It's great to prepare the weekends with smooth-silky-clean-refreshed-skin!!!
***************************************************
UPDATE: Been over a month and I LUV-LUV this scrub, only thing i wish to change is the price. Overall...Excellent scrub. My skin is much brighter/lighter and sooooo smooth even though I used only once a week. LUV it...!
*****************************************************************************
UPDATE 5/14/09: It's been almost a year now and i still LUV-LUV-LUV this stuff!!! I'm getting married in two weeks (HURRAY!!) and i'm def saving this for the honeymoon...(wink)!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 5:41:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This review is for the tube-version called Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator. I haven't tried the tub-version (exfoliating cream) so I can't make any comparisons. But I'm not a fan of the tube-version. It doesn't actually do anything and I don't notice any difference when using it. The menthol feels really refreshing but it doesn't really provide effective exfoliation. The tub-version has gotten really good reviews in MUA so maybe that one actually gives some results.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by politicalpundit

So I haven't been feeling well for a couple of days and I decided to treat myself today and just pamper myself. I'm a big bath and body product fanatic and I had this lying around in the washroom, I have actually only previously used this as a scrub for my feet and have enjoyed it. So first I used a body wash in the shower and then I used this. First off, holy moly the smell is so strong in the shower, it smelt really minty and medicinal. I had to open the shower curtains at one point to let the smell out. While I was using it I wasn't really wowed, it was really creamy and did not feel as though anything was happening. I kept thinking this felt like drugstore body polishes, ex the healing garden ones. Anyways I used the scrub all over my body and then used a bit more on my elbows, feet and knees. When I got out of the shower I noticed that my skin was smoother but was still thinking I can probably get similar results from a cheaper scrub or a homemade one! I then proceeded to rub body butter (tbs papaya) on my body, thats when I noticed the wonders of this scub. I noticed my arms was all luminous and glowy when I was about to put the cream on, I actually thought I was seeing things. Then I looked all over my body and I actually saw "sparkle skin". It really did give the glow, that you see on magazines. Using the body butter actually enhanced the luminosity of my skin. This would be perfect for using it before a special day when you are going to be showing some skin. I would give this 5 stars except for the fact that it smells pretty strong, I'm definitely going to be using this 2-3x a week now regardless. If I start to adjust to the smell I will update and push it up to 5.
NOTE THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE PRODUCT IN THE TUBE NOT THE TUB!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by katalin

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Particles are small. Leaves skin smooth. Love the smell.