MAC Prep and Prime Fix Plus

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I spray it on after I do my makeup and it takes away powderiness and makes my cakeface look like normal skin. I always use it in conjunction with UD's all nighter spray, which I spray after I've let this dry down, and my makeup could probably last for two days, honestly. (not that I suggest leaving it on that long...) I think fix+ is definitely great on its own, however, and I definitely recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I always use this product after I have applied my makeup. It takes away the heavy makeup matte look, and keeps it in place all day

I'm not a 100% in love with this stuff, it's quite different from what I expected, but yet I find it has become part of my everyday routine.
It took some getting used to. The smell is nice imo, but this stuff was way more sticky than I expected. But once I got used to that I did find it very refreshing and like I said it's now part of my every day routine.

First off I want to say that this is not a setting spray, so it does not make your makeup last noticeably longer. If that is what you are looking for, go a head and skip this one because it will disappoint you.

This is however a very versatile prep, prime, finishing and refreshing spray, and can also be used as a mixing medium, or for rehydrating products like your gel liners etc.

This stuff is great for creating a natural finish and taking away any powderyness. I personally use it underneath my foundation (it's moisturizing and makes foundation go on more smoothly). I also use it on my brush/sponge to help blend foundation as well, if the foundation is very stubborn or fast-drying (which a lot of foundations for acne-prone skin are!). I also use this religiously on my brush that I use for blending in cream blush, it just makes blending so easy and gives a natural result. And last but not least I ALWAYS spray this over any powders (except eyeshadow!!) to get away that powdery look and give a dewy, natural finish.
This is a truly great product if you feel like you are not able to get that natural look with foundation or hate that powdery finish some setting powders or powder foundations give.

I recommend this for people with dry skin as well as people with dehydrated combination skin. I am the latter, my skin is acne-prone but very dehydrated with occasional dry patches. I need to use products for oily skin so I don't break out, but they are always too mattifying and powdery and dries to a terrible finish on my skin. Fix+ takes care of that problem and has not broken me out at all.

I want to point out that you should avoid spraying this on your eyelids if they are oily and/or hooded, because this is not a setting spray so there will be creasing. You can use this on eyeshadow brushes to intensify the colors but make sure that you eyelid is powdered down and dry.

My main problem with this product is the packaging, or more specifically the spray pump. Even though I read many reviews addressing this problem, I had high hopes. I specifically waited until I could afford this stuff instead of buying a cheap dupe, because I thought the high end spray pump was worth the money. The truth is that the spray cap dispenses product in a way that means you either get huge droplets on you face on a quite concentrated area, or you get no product at all on you face, like 95% just disappears into the air. I'm halfway through my first bottle and I still have not figured out how to not waste a ton of product putting this on.

Pros
- Very versatile
- Refreshing and hydrating
- Smells nice
- Gives makeup the most natural finish
- Does not break me out

Cons
- Feels kind of sticky
- Spray pump is terrible (considering price and brand) and it makes you waste a lot of product

Bottom line: This stuff makes (face) make up look like skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this purely for the spray pump bottle so that I could refill it with my own version of "fix +". I intend to mix my Thayer's Rose Toner with glycerin and water to get the same great "dewy" finish as fix +. I don't really see what the hype is about this product - it's just highly overpriced water with glycerin and some added tea/fruit extracts.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know what I was doing with my life before using this. It's so versatile and it feels amazing once applied to the skin. It smells wonderful as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is OK. I don't get the hype. It's nice and refreshing, and does leave a nice dewy look to the skin to help makeup look more natural, however, I don't notice a huge difference in staying power. It's not something I'd repurchase.

Fix Plus is a great product, in my opinion, if you want to accentuate your highlighter or shimmery eyeshadow even more.

I don't think that it necessarily prolonges the wear of your make-up like some of the setting sprays out there, but it is a good product to saturare the shine. I like to just spritz it twice on top of my cheekbones and there you go - J Lo kind of glow achieved.

So if you're looking for a product to quickly refresh your face if you happened to over powder or perhaps want to make your highlight appear more vibrant - highly recommend it.

Fix Plus is also great for strobing, there is a whole tutorial on it in this blog post below. Hope it helps.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think this takes the award for the best product I have tried this year. It costs $27 Australian dollars and I bought it from Myer.

Firstly I must point out that this is not a setting spray so it will not seal make up and make it last all day. I use this after I finished with foundation, powder, blush and highlighter. I spray it all over my face and it leaves me with a beautiful glow, it gets rid of the powder look and combines all of the makeup. Once dried, I apply my eyeshadow and lipstick. If I want my make up to last I will spray over my face Urban Decay All Nighter.

It is lightly scented which is a big bonus because I am not a fan of over fragranced products. I know I love this as I already want to purchase a back up one when my first bottle is only half way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really adore Fix Plus for a multitude of reasons but after learning MAC STILL tests on animals I don't think I'll be picking up another bottle once I go through this one. It frankly upsets me they do this; it's just not necessary and as an animal lover pisses me off! 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
But on to the review...
Fix Plus is a hydrating spray that can be used before makeup to moisturize the skin, after makeup to slightly set the face or take away any cake face, foil eye shadows for a super intense look, and more. I use it on my beauty blender, brushes. All the above! It's fantastic but for heavens sake MAC, QUIT TESTING YOUR PRODUCTS ON ANIMALS!!!! 👎🏻😑

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

As an everyday person, I honestly didn't think I'd ever get that much use out of this product . However, Iv never multi used a product more. I use it under my foundation and primer to hydrate my skin. I use it as a setting spray to give my foundation a natural finish and help it last. I spray my eyeshadow brushes with it to improve eyeshadow pigment and even apply glitter or pigment. Very versatile.

Popular Face Skincare Products