April 24, 2014 | 1897 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by rachelmariew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush has done a great job over the 2 years I have had it. I wash it everyday and the brush hasn't lost its shape or lost any hairs. I don't find that it is streaky at all, it's all about blending in the foundation to avoid streaks. I have not tried more high end brushes, but this has worked great for me so I am going to stick with what works. And I love that the Body Shop is Cruelty Free.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by edamameb

I don't have anything else to compare this brush to, I used to use mineral make up, then switched back to fluids because they feel more sheer and go well with liquid highlighters. I own and have used the various other bodyshop brushes, and I can say they really are excellent quality and good value. However, you can definitely find cheaper (ecotools for example), but I still feel that for the most part these brushes are still better quality.
I use this brush to apply cream foundation, liquid foundation and tinted moisturizers. I have found that it does particularly well for sheerer applications. If you are using heavier make up and would like a thicker coverage you might want to skip this brush and go for a sponge instead.
That is probably the reason why I haven't found any streaking issues with this brush. I use less product and don't get my hands messy anymore. It's definitely a much more sheer application compared to using a sponge, which I love! It allows my foundation to even out my complexion without looking like I am wearing any. Previously I was using my fingers or sponges and found that the application was heavier.
The price is not cheap, but not as expensive as the other high end brands like MAC etc. Still, considering they are cruelty free and about half the price of professional brushes, they perform really well. A pleasure to use on the skin. I recommend getting this brush as well as the bodyshop's kabuki brush, I use that one one to buff out and blend bronzers or blushes after put on my foundation. It works a treat for mineral make up too, which was what I purchased it for anyway. Would buy again if I lost it, but would wait for one of their sales.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think the reason why I hate using a brush with my liquid foundation is because of this brush. I hate how it makes my foundation look so streaky. It is also terribly HARD and pokes in my skin... After I washed it completely with shampoo it still looked dirty. ARGH. I regret buying this brush so much because it wasn't really a CHEAP brush. Sure not as expensive as bobbi brown or MAC but still a bit much for something THIS bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I initially loved this brush - it gave an amazingly great finish to the foundation I was using at the time. However, when I changed to a different foundation, it just didn't work - it just made streaky marks all over my face and didn't blend it in at all, I had to use my fingers, which gave a much better finish. Really weird. Also, I agree with other reviewers - it never feels completely clean, even after a thorough washing. Not good, especially for the price - it isn't cheap. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush really does not do a good job applying liquid foundation. The problem with this brush is that it's too thin. It made my foundation go on all streaky.
If you want a good traditional foundation brush and you don't want to spend the money on the 190 from MAC, look into the Essence of Beauty set with 3 double ended brushes. The foundation brush in this set is better than the 190 in my opinion, because it's thicker and also very very soft! I bought this set off Ebay, since I live in Europe and haven't seen this brand in regular stores. Personally, I find that using a flat top brush for applying liquid foundation works way better. I'm so happy I found the ELF powder brush, it's amazing and dirt cheap!
EDIT: I agree with another reviewer below that this brush never feels completely clean after washing it. Very weird...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by glanda

I like this product. It help me apply my foundation really well.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by olgaisme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I hated this brush! It left streaks everywhere, even when I tried correcting them the brush just doesn't blend the foundation properly! And it takes me twice the length of time to put on my foundation because of its bad quality. Plus, it's hard to wash. No matter how many times I clean it, it still feels dirty. What a waste of money and time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say I HATE this brush. Its the main reason why I don't use brushes to put on foundation, but I'm glad I gave foundation brushes another try because I actually really like using them rather than sponges or fingers. But because of this brush I didn't do that until recently ;;

Originally I decided to get this because I liked the face/body brush by the Body Shop and their brushes in generally were quite decent. But this was one brush I did not like from them, one of the main things is that no matter how much I wash it it never seemed to be clean, it always felt oily, I wasn't sure if it was the foundation. But I switched a few different types and that was still the case. I use baby shampoo and even tried just dish-washing liquid (without olive oil) and it was still oily and dirty. It just grossed me out completely ;;

The other thing was because it was so flat it made my foundation very streaky, I thought it was the way I used it, but the fact that I have 2 other foundation brushes and didn't have that problem probably meant something ...

Price wise it was ok, around 15USD, but I was just really disappointed since I liked the other brushes from the Body Shop.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 8:07:00 AM More reviews by PetiteFleur93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my first foundation brush and i'm in loved with it!!
the brush hair is made with synthetic hair so it not from animal and the hair is very soft
but still, this is not the best foundation brush i think..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by dilistic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mainly just use this brush to pat on powder to set the concealer under my eyes and to apply Glow Enhancer from The Body Shop. It works really well for that purpose. The bristles are really soft so it doesn't irritate my skin.

I wouldn't need two of these brushes so i guess i'd buy it again if it breaks. I've had this for 2 years now and it still looks pretty much the same.