MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

on 11/7/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my holy grail..eyebrown pencil...and yes..it last me only 2 n half mths..so i buy 4 at a time or so...but i started using lighter strokes...so it lasts longer...but the best ever...ive tried drugstore eyebrow pencils , other brands...but nothing can stray me from this stuff! ...I think MAC SHOULD..make it come in a pack set of 2....COME ON MAC ..STEP THE GAME UP!! LOL...gives u beat faced brows!!

This is one of the better brow pencils I've tried at first I was upset with it because mine ran out in a month so that sucked and then ran out to get another one and guess what this time I learned I didn't need much just light strokes and it's just perfect for my brows even though my brows are darker than this pencil it just looks so natural I love spiked so much!

on 10/29/2013 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Agreed, this is an awesome brow pencil! I was hesitant to repurchase to first time I ran out because I'm cheap lol, so I found a "dupe" on youtube. Let's just say in this case you get what you pay for. It goes on smooth,stays put, and blends very well in the brow. Try it was a brow groomer or finisher on top!

on 10/25/2013 7:54:00 PM

This is the best eyebrow pencil I have ever used, hands down. It is incredibly easy to sculpt with, to shape, and to fill. It also lasts FOREVER. The one I am currently using has been in my make up bag for 9 months and is still going, despite being used daily. For a product with this amount of longevity, £13 is an extremely reasonable price.

And even though I have light blonde hair, the colour looks excellent. I tint my brows to mid brown, and then use a small amount of Spiked to fill the ends and to create some definition at their fullest part.

All in all, amazing!

Normally with pencils, I try to buy on the lower end, but this is one product that I have yet to find a cheaper alternative for. I have blonde hair, but I dye my brows brown because I like a strong brow. When the dye starts to fade, I fill in with pencil for a few weeks before dying them again. I used to use powder and a brush, but bought this once at the mall on a whim. A month or two ago, I lost it, and have been making do with whatever I have around, but I got used to the convenience of the pencil. I tried using regular eyeliner, and even bought the maybelline define a brow thinking it would be a dupe. The regular eyeliner was annoying because it needed to be sharpened, and the maybelline was both too light and too warm for me. Back to MAC I go.

Bottom line, this pencil is great. The colors they have, including this one, are ash based just like brows should be. The slim auto pencil is convenient, and doesn't need sharpening. The only thing that would make this even better is if they included either the little comb like maybelline or the little brush like NYX and the other MAC brow pencil. As it is, I use wither a spoolie or my brow comb/brush combo thingie to blend the pencil.

Thank you so much to the person who posted the price breakdown for the MAC vs Maybelline. It makes me feel a whole lot better!

on 9/6/2013 5:03:00 AM

I have very thin eyebrows so I don't like leaving the house without filling them in a little, and this worked really well for me! I have really dark brown - almost black hair and picked "Spiked" because I didn't want my eyebrows looking noticeably light brown with Lingering. The only complaint I have about the packaging is that it's not retractable! So I had no idea how much was left and when I finally ran out (after about.. 8 months) I was really annoyed and unprepared.. but other than that I love that it's a small kind of mechanical pencil that doesn't need to be sharpened. You can also control how heavy it is applied quite easily, so by twisting up more of the crayon it's easier to get darker brows whereas I just twisted a little bit out so that I wouldn't have crazy drawn on brows. It's also quite blendable if you use a spoolie, and very natural looking. Didn't give this 5 stars because it doesn't stay on terribly well and also the whole un-retractable thing, but I'd still buy it again unless I find something better!

on 8/5/2013 7:48:00 PM

I really like this. Its creamy but not too soft so its perfect for the brows. The color has no other tint to it. Its just brown which I like. It looks natural like real brows. Its also stay put all day. The tip is very thin and precise and i like that you dont have to sharpen it. I got this for $21 which I find that its a bit overprice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I overplucked my eyebrows and some area didn't grow back so I was on hunt for good eyebrow pencil that wouldn't make my eyebrow look fake and color didn't look natural. Until I tried this and it's very slim and so easy to control line and doesnt require to press down hard to get color! Love it, and it is my 3rd repurchase so far. I will keep repurchase because people compliment how perfect natural my eyebrows look!

on 6/19/2013 2:43:00 PM

I just bought this not too long ago and I am obsessed with it. I can't use this on it's own because it doesn't give me as much coverage so I use the black eye shadow underneath then use this pencil to define and fill in some of the more scarce areas. I love that I don't need a sharpener for this. It really helps give my eyebrows a nicer shape. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOOOOOVE THIS. This is a HG product for me. The pencil is very slim so it's easy to make small strokes and not mess up. It's very pigmented and I don't have to press down hard to get color payoff. I love the consistency. It's slightly waxy, making it longer lasting. I'm VERY oily and my brows and although some of the color wore off, my brows still look pretty good by the end of the day. What I love most of all is that it has NO red undertones which is hard to come by.

For people considering buying the Maybelline brow pencil due the the "cheaper" price:
MAC: .003 oz for $16 = $5.33 for .001 oz
Maybelline: .001 oz for $6 (Walmart)

Popular Brows Products