October 25, 2014 | 902 users online

Concealers - Mary Kay - concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Dannie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for for the old formula (5 stars) and the new formula (2 stars), so I'll split the difference and give it 3 stars. A few years back - when I was a Mary Kay consultant - the old concealer was BEYOND fabulous. Seriously, a tube of it lasted about 2-3 years: it was ultra concentrated, full coverage, waterproof, natural looking and lasted from dawn until bedtime. The stuff was a virtual miracle on my acne scars and rosacea veins.
Flip forward to last year, when I finally had to replace my beloved tube. I ordered one from my co-worker, a new MK consultant, and got their "new, improved" version. Argh! What the heck!!! When on earth are these stupid companies going to learn not to mess with a good thing? The new version has a muddy color (I use medium), fades within a few hours and covers less than half the intensity of the old formula. It takes about three layers before my scars don't show through - and then it's gone by noon.
My thought? The old stuff lasted too long and they weren't selling enough. Well guess what? They won't be selling ANY more of the new stuff to me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Kaykay77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer! It covers up under eye dark circles instantly!! This little tube lasts foreverrr!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by torirendon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this concealer for almost a year now. I bought it after winning a $25 Mary Kay gift card plus a free consultant. I'm the palest color and it matches pretty well. The coverage is excellent and one tube lasts me about 8 months. I'd repurchase in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Full coverage concealer for only $10.... Can't beat that!!_ I did like the grey tube better I was in bronze. Now with the black packaging I'm a bronze 2. I really just use this around my eyes as I don't want dab on hyperpigmented spots bc I feel it just sits there. I use mk medium coverage foundation anyway so it evens me out. Most reasonably priced concealed put there.. I always buy 2 at a time. Last for months!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the old signature concealer in the grey tube. I wear the color bronze. I have been using for several years. It provides full coverage for me. I have been able to get on ebay. Now that I am older, I use for undereye. It works great for that too. I can just buff it in, add powder and go. This is why I don't invest in too many Mary Kay products. As soon as I find something I like, they discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good stuff. I'm an NC25 and Beige 1 is a good match. Its very concentrated a little goes a looong way. This tube is going to last years, even with daily use. It's almost too concentrated. The best application method for me for under the eyes, is I use Olay Rengenerist facial serum first and then dab on the concealer while the serum is still moist. This helps thin it out a little.Drys to a matte finish...no need for powder.Ddoesnt settle into lines. I thought the Garnier roll on tinted eye serum was great (and it is-love it!) but....it contains alcohol which is horrible to put on your face because it breaks down collagen. The Mary Kay concealer when you thin it out works just a great and lasts all day. Also works great on acne marks. Best I have found yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by fluffydiva

This has been one of the better concealers that I have purchased! It gives great coverage but also lends a brightening effect without seeming too light or obvious on my brown skin. I have had a tough time with concealers that didn't combine well with my chosen liquid foundation but whether I use this as a complement to my NARS Sheer Matte foundation or on the days when I choose to use my less expensive perfectly matched Mary Kay foundation I am always happy with the outcome!
This is definitely a staple in my makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the concealer I used when I was starting out with makeup. Since then, I have tried a lot of other concealers and none of them compare to this one. I love it!!!! a tube lasts me 3-4 months with everyday use and at least 3 touch ups throughout the day. It has amazing coverage!!! I love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by SnowMonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product after i read loads of reviews. i didnt want to waste money again because of impulsive shopping lol. anyway, i love this concealer because of it's packaging. very hygienic and i can control the amount i want to use. i wish it was transparent though. if you want to apply concealer under your eyes, it should be a shade lighter than your skintone (well at least for me). i bought ivory 1 which i thought is a shade lighter then my skintone. it was lighter than i expected so i got bummed out. (ill get beige next time urgh).

despite the slight tone error, it did cover my pimple scars. the trick is to PAT the product on the blemish and just soften the edges so it'll look blended.

i tried this and asked my bf if he could see my pimple scar under my nose, he said "what scar?". LOL. so for me that proves that this concealer works really well. staying power is ok. it's very humid here in the Philippines so it's not exactly good weather for make up. hehe.

one more thing, if you have a BULGING POINTY humongous zit, i suggest you dont put concealer on it. it'll emphasize the zit and it will look crusty. you can put green primer to counter the redness and put a sheer liq foundation on it. it will still be visible but at least it'll look better than nothing on.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by jezebellini

It says great things about this product that I've been buying it for several years now, even though you can't buy Mary Kay here in the UK. I get mine online from US websites and pay that little extra for shipping.

I use the shade light ivory. What i love most about this concealer is that it provides full/heavy coverage. If you have pretty clear skin then you won't need this product! But if you have acne scars, redness and blotchy-ness like me, then this is great. The shade isn't a perfect match for my skin tone - light ivory is really quite yellow. However, I mix the concealer in with my foundation so this isn't too much of a problem.

Overall, excellent concealer.