Mary Kay concealer

4.1

Water , Isononyl Isononanoate , Cyclopentasiloxane , Sorbitan Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Lauroyl Lysine , PTFE , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Propylene Glycol , Cetyl Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Sodium Chloride , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil , Beeswax , Nylon-12 , Tocopheryl Acetate , Diazolidinyl Urea , Retinyl Palmitate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract , Lecithin , Cyclohexasiloxane , Titanium Dioxide , Talc , Iron Oxides , Zinc Oxide May Contain Ingredients Ultramarines

on 8/20/2012 4:01:00 AM

This is an ok concealer. It wasn't expensive so I could bypass for the unimpressive quality. It does covers, but is very drying and doesn't blends in very well. If you are not careful and doesn't moisturize your under eye area, it will make you fine line show up because the formular isn't creamy. It pretty hard to blend as well and dries on your skin. But it does conceal some what and it doesn't seems to worsen the state of my ski, therefore I give this a 3/5. But i wouldn't recommend this nor will I purchase it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First one lippie review...sad that it has to be Mary Kay because I love them, but I did not like this at all. Essentially, I'm not easy to please when it comes to my concealer. And typically, I've found with Mary Kay, that I either love (and I mean L-O-V-E) their products, or despise them and want to chuck it away at first use. Unfortunately, in this case, it's the latter. I...hated this. It went on cakey, rough, and flakey. Good coverage, but horrifically unnatural and heavy. It made me look like a cross between a motorcycle-riding 50 year old that wears thick concealer as foundation and a half melted plastic Barbie doll with yellow splotches all over her face. I normally love Mary Kay, but this? Crap. Will not repurchase.

on 5/11/2012 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review for for the old formula (5 stars) and the new formula (2 stars), so I'll split the difference and give it 3 stars. A few years back - when I was a Mary Kay consultant - the old concealer was BEYOND fabulous. Seriously, a tube of it lasted about 2-3 years: it was ultra concentrated, full coverage, waterproof, natural looking and lasted from dawn until bedtime. The stuff was a virtual miracle on my acne scars and rosacea veins.
Flip forward to last year, when I finally had to replace my beloved tube. I ordered one from my co-worker, a new MK consultant, and got their "new, improved" version. Argh! What the heck!!! When on earth are these stupid companies going to learn not to mess with a good thing? The new version has a muddy color (I use medium), fades within a few hours and covers less than half the intensity of the old formula. It takes about three layers before my scars don't show through - and then it's gone by noon.
My thought? The old stuff lasted too long and they weren't selling enough. Well guess what? They won't be selling ANY more of the new stuff to me!

on 5/9/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Love this concealer! It covers up under eye dark circles instantly!! This little tube lasts foreverrr!

on 5/2/2012 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this concealer for almost a year now. I bought it after winning a $25 Mary Kay gift card plus a free consultant. I'm the palest color and it matches pretty well. The coverage is excellent and one tube lasts me about 8 months. I'd repurchase in a heartbeat.

on 5/2/2012 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Full coverage concealer for only $10.... Can't beat that!!_ I did like the grey tube better I was in bronze. Now with the black packaging I'm a bronze 2. I really just use this around my eyes as I don't want dab on hyperpigmented spots bc I feel it just sits there. I use mk medium coverage foundation anyway so it evens me out. Most reasonably priced concealed put there.. I always buy 2 at a time. Last for months!

on 4/20/2012 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This review is for the old signature concealer in the grey tube. I wear the color bronze. I have been using for several years. It provides full coverage for me. I have been able to get on ebay. Now that I am older, I use for undereye. It works great for that too. I can just buff it in, add powder and go. This is why I don't invest in too many Mary Kay products. As soon as I find something I like, they discontinue it.

Good stuff. I'm an NC25 and Beige 1 is a good match. Its very concentrated a little goes a looong way. This tube is going to last years, even with daily use. It's almost too concentrated. The best application method for me for under the eyes, is I use Olay Rengenerist facial serum first and then dab on the concealer while the serum is still moist. This helps thin it out a little.Drys to a matte finish...no need for powder.Ddoesnt settle into lines. I thought the Garnier roll on tinted eye serum was great (and it is-love it!) but....it contains alcohol which is horrible to put on your face because it breaks down collagen. The Mary Kay concealer when you thin it out works just a great and lasts all day. Also works great on acne marks. Best I have found yet!

on 3/2/2012 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This has been one of the better concealers that I have purchased! It gives great coverage but also lends a brightening effect without seeming too light or obvious on my brown skin. I have had a tough time with concealers that didn't combine well with my chosen liquid foundation but whether I use this as a complement to my NARS Sheer Matte foundation or on the days when I choose to use my less expensive perfectly matched Mary Kay foundation I am always happy with the outcome!
This is definitely a staple in my makeup kit.

This is the concealer I used when I was starting out with makeup. Since then, I have tried a lot of other concealers and none of them compare to this one. I love it!!!! a tube lasts me 3-4 months with everyday use and at least 3 touch ups throughout the day. It has amazing coverage!!! I love it :)