December 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by missyazuli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a sample of this in the darkest shade, Bare Mocha. The coverage is pretty good, a little does go a long way. For me, 3-4 drops was able to cover up some darker spots on my face. Feels great, like you have nothing on your skin....which can be problematic if you're like me and touch your face a lot. Or if you sweat on your face. This stuff is VERY moveable, even if you powdered it after letting it "set." And don't buy the gimmicky brush you're supposed to use with it; a flat top brush works just as well.

There's also another problem with this that I have. The color. Oh sure, it looks pretty red in the actual bottle. But I put it on my face, and before, during and after blending, I looked like I had jaundice. Not cool.

Sidebar; the sample bottles you get are a squeezable plastic, whereas the full size is a hard container....that you're supposed to wait on.....for the drops..... to come out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Savannahpretzel

I think all of the reviewers that are having trouble with this foundation are applying it wrong. I have to tell you that application is the key. I use 2 drops initially on the specified brush made for Bare Skin. I dab a dot of it on my forehead, following with a dab on each cheek and under each eyebrow, my nose and chin. I gently buff into my skin. I have very red cheeks with acne prone complexion so I buff on another drop onto my cheeks to combat the redness. I got my color matched and a beauty advisor actually showed me the proper process. This helped SO MUCH. This cannot be applied by hand or you'll have a terrible streaky heavy mess. I don't have to use any bronzer what so ever due to the Dewey glowy look the foundation gives me. I use the Becca Mattifying primer along with it and I'm set all day and night. The best foundation I've ever used. Another great product from Bare Minerals !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Loritheglory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this foundation! I have oily skin and never have problems with it "sliding off" my face. I do use powder to set it though. It blends extremely well and the small bottle goes a long way. I think people might have bad experiences if they don't use the brush that is recommended with the product. I tried to avoid buying it too, but it makes a huge difference in application! I also love that you can build up the coverage-will definitely buy this foundation again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by terjavec

Great product! I have super finicky skin that typically tends to break out when I use foundation, but this stuff does quite the opposite. I use only a few drops in combination with the BE applicator for this product and my complexion looks more uniform without being heavily made up. Love this stuff

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by haleyn1101

I was wanting to try this product for awhile and my friend got her eye brows waxed and she received two samples of it. One of them happened to be in my shade. For me, it made my skin look even oiler than it already is. I was pretty disappointed:(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I was looking high and low for a good foundation that wont emphasize lines and pores! I tried Giorgio Armani, Yves saint laurent ink fusion wear, Lancome serum foundtion. The list goes on. I saw sephora was giving out Bare minerals brightening serum foundation samples with $25.00 purchase but didn't bother picking it up thinking it was going to be of poor quality. However when i tried it out in ULTA it was a different story. I like the mineral-like smell it gives off. The coverage is surprisingly great, really great. I had to purchase a bottle. Ingredients are setting this foundation apart from other foundations! I like how it is coconut and Jojoba based. Overall I personally like this foundation 1,000 times better than the Yves Saint Laurent ink fusion wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ktamp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me at all. It might be the worst foundation I've ever tried. I am normal to dry with occasional blemishes. I am NW15-20 and I bought the color bare shell. The color match was good. When you put it on, it really does feel weightless. I used 3 drops for my whole face. I used one drop for each side of my face and a third to go over areas that I needed more coverage. I did not buy the brush. I would place a drop on the back of my hand and then dab on my face and use a buffing brush to buff into the skin. On me it was a medium coverage. It looked gorgeous when it went on. However after only a couple of hours, my face would get really shiny and greasy feeling. It clings to dry patches. If I wore it any longer than 4 hours, it would start to disappear. My face looked patchy and shiny. I tried using it with a primer and setting with different powders with no better luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by RecycledTeenager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this too shiny even though I do not have greasy skin, in fact it is on the dry side on my forehead, cheeks and chin. I used it with the Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer. It took a lot more than a couple of drops! When I saw a review of it on YouTube the reviewer had to use 12 drops! Yet another reviewer on YouTube said she only used 3 drops but she is used to using a tinted moisturiser. So it is nonsense to say you only need a few drops unless you have perfect flawless skin or if you are used to using tinted moisturiser. It might be ok for someone young with no skin blemishes at all. I also bought the expensive brush that goes with it and the first few drops just disappear into it.

I found it takes me longer to put my make up on with this than with my previous foundation as it does not cover as well. I'm going to stick with it now I've paid for it as I know it is supposed to improve the condition and uneven skin tone. It does feel nice on your skin I must say, but it is too shiny for me and I do not have oily skin. I am now wondering if I should be buying a make up fixer to spray on to stop it getting shinier during the day, so this is getting more and more expensive, what with the cost of the primer, foundation and brush it has been a costly experience so I'm not too happy. I did not want to use loose powder with it to stop the shine as I used to over foundation years ago, as when you get older you are supposed to keep well away from powder as it accentuates wrinkles and especially as when you get older your skin gets dry so you shouldn't be using powder.

UPDATE - 4th December 2014

I have now given up on this. Total waste of money! Fed up with the stickiness and it never dries and would come off if you accidentally rub against someone. I have now bought Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation which at £8.99 is only 1/3 of the cost of the Bare Minerals Foundation which cost me £26. In fact the Maybelline was on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots so cost even less than that! I bought two foundations and a Dream Mousse Blush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I got a sample of this in Bare Linen 05. This is not close to light enough for me, but I took the lightest sample. I applied it with the Sephora collection pro flawless airbrush #56. It just sat on the surface of my skin and didn't blend or cover anything. Even the tip of my nose stayed red and shiny (I am not sure why my nose was red, but it may have been from the foundation). It somehow made me look like I have bad skin, even though I don't, at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this foundation. I thought I would like it as I have dry skin and love serums in general and prefer a lighter coverage because I have some freckles that I like to poke through my foundation. I was unsure about buying this as the reviews weren't all positive but I reckon if you have dry skin you will love this. I only need 1, maximum 2 drops to provide enough coverage. You don't need to buy the brush, I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it works perfectly. Unfortunately I am the lightest shade Bare Porcelain which is slightly too dark for me but once blended it looks perfect. Love, love, love!