Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 3/2/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Dropper nozzle makes it hard to control how much product comes out. Weird dirty smell once applied. Will clump easily if you touch your face too much or don't apply perfectly the first time: makes it hard for touch ups. Product looks like it's separated from the oil or water once out of the bottle. Will return.

on 2/28/2015 7:02:00 PM

This product is something I really wish I could love.
It's not full coverage (a must have for me, I have acne and dark spots) and I had already known that before I bought it. However, I decided to buy it and try to build it up to a full coverage, which sadly wasn't the case. It's a medium coverage at the most with a few layers of product.

I think the texture of the foundation is amazing. It's so silky and the finish is so fresh and dewy, it's absolutely wonderful. Although for people who have acne, a dewy finish can sometimes make the acne look worse, and more noticeable.
So, with that said. This product is very nice. It leaves an amazing finish, and is mostly sheer with slightly build-able to medium coverage.

If you have clear skin, I would highly recommend this because it looks so beautiful and natural, but for my skin type it just wasn't right for me.

on 2/22/2015 9:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a love/hate relationship with this. First off, the packaging is terrible! It is so liquidy and leaks like crazy inside the cap. Even just keeping it on my countertop, I find that I'm cleaning up messes regularly around the nozzle. And absolutely don't even think about throwing it in your purse or something.

The coverage is too light for me. It evens out my skin a bit for sure, but it doesn't do a whole lot to cover my redness, and doesn't do much at all for my age spots. The texture is a little streaky, so it can be tricky, but I'm getting better at application. Th staying power is not very good. By the end of the day when I remove my makeup, there's almost none of this left.

However! I have recently been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis, and this is the only product I have found that will allow me to wear SOME foundaton without turning me into a scaley mess or causing pain and irritation. For that I am so happy. The finish is pretty nice too, it's not drying, but it doesn't look greasy.

Now I've just got to find some way to put it in a smaller container or something so I can bring it with me, because it definitely requires touch ups, and the packaging being such a bummer, you'd lose half the product to spillage if you keep it in your purse.

on 2/21/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was so highly raved about by the YT community but this wasn't what I had expected.

Packaging comes in a dropper form, which I don't really appreciate because it is very hard to control how much you need. I wish it came in a pump which would make everyone's lives so much more easier.

I only bought this because of its claims and the fact that it is a serum foundation. It was expensive, costed around 55 dollars in my country. I did not buy the brush because it was too heck expensive!!

I applied this with a beauty blender and I find that it looks more flawless as compared to applying it with a brush. It offers light-medium coverage. If your skin has a lot of bad acne scars and redness (like mine), you will find that you need to keep applying another layer to get more coverage. One thing to note: please DON'T apply too many layers as it will look extremely cakey once it sets!!!

I wouldn't say this foundation is bad, but I can only say this is definitely not for oily skin types (i have oily skin esp at t zone area). Within 4 hrs you can expect yourself looking shiny and this is the kind of foundation you know you need a pressed powder with you in order to touch up.

I haven't used this long enough to see whether their claims of having better skin overtime, but I didn't have any bad major breakouts either. I would see this to be something that can be used on dry skin types instead. They would definitely benefit a lot more better than oily skin types.

on 2/17/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this so much, you cannot tell whatsoever that you're wearing a foundation yet the coverage is great and super buildable. I can't bring myself to give this 5 stars because I have very oily skin so my this tends to get really oily. however, it goes on so well and looks so great that I'm willing to give it a shot. this would be amazing for women with dry skin. I've been using revlon colorstay for about 10 years because in couldn't find something as good imo and I think I've finally found it with this. Amazing foundation.

UPDATE: I would like to take back every positive thing I said about this foundation. I wanted to love this so bad but I just can't. It looks great for about 5 minutes after you apply it; however, once you start your day and the oil comes, WATCH OUT. My face literally looked as though it was splashed with cooking oil. It just feels so...gross. I couldn't wait to get home and wash my face. I couldn't even use my oil blotting sheets because it picked up so much product and left me looking like a splotchy, cakey mess. No makeup would be a better look than wearing this. The only thing I liked was the brush that you're "supposed" to use with this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Let me start by saying I LOVE bare minerals. Completely changed my makeup game. I typically use their original powder foundation and love it but wanted a liquid for my skin during the winter.

I purchased the brush with the foundation, but only bought the brush bc I had a $10 off coupon on my FAB card. I had one of the artists show me how to properly apply it.

The consistency is pretty runny which translates into lots of buffing for me to not have weird smears. Sometimes the foundation completely wipes off if I keep buffing to even it out. I usually just go back over with my fingers to smooth it out...though I hate touching my face.

Another caveat to the texture is that it slides around on my face if I happen to touch my face. :(

Coverage: looks beautiful until I realize it's showing every crease, dry patch and imperfection. I make sure to exfoliate regularly, use my Clarisonic when I'm not exfoliating, and I even use L'Occitane's 25% shea butter moisturizer to combat dry spots...which are non-existent until I put on this foundation.

I want to love this foundation. I spent enough money on it (can't return bc I moved to a city that doesn't have a bare minerals boutique, which is where I purchased it.)

Any tips, recommendations would be GREAT!! xoxo

on 2/14/2015 3:22:00 AM

I was excited to try this so I bought myself shade "Bare Ivory". The color matched me absolutely perfect. It was great. The coverage is there but the staying power isn't there at all even when I moisturize and prime. I'm bummed bc it's super lightweight, gives great coverage, I liked the packaging and it didn't have a bad scent to it. I just really wish it didn't cause my skin to look flakey and awful. Seriously whaa :( I really wanted to like this foundation.

on 2/10/2015 4:34:00 PM

I really like this foundation because it is also a serum and my skin feels good when I wear it; the coverage is good if you wear a few more drops than is recommended on the box it comes in. I have very normal skin in terms of breakouts and blemishes so I don't have a lot to cover up. I mostly wear foundation to cover my uneven skin tone and this foundation works for that. The foundation is a little bit oily on my skin, but I wear translucent powder that diminishes the shine. I highly recommend this product for people who want light to medium coverage and for those who want foundation without all the harsh chemicals that most foundations carry. I did not buy the brush, as it seems like a waste of money, I use my fingers. The price was pretty high but I used an ULTA coupon and only paid $19 plus tax, which was a good deal because the regular price was $29.

on 2/10/2015 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have always been a heavy coverage girl, I don't know exactly why, but I just like it. I don't have bad skin, just a few blemishes here and there, I wanted to try something more natural, sheer and lightweight.

Packaging- People either love or hate the packing, personally I think the packing is great, its a fresh way having your liquid foundation stored as appose to the normal glass bottle. With this foundation you won't see me screaming 'nooo' in slow moo when I accidentally drop the bottle on my carpet or indeed any floor. I simply just think 'oops' and pick up, no mess, no problem. I also like how the bottle's colour reflects and what shade you get. Its not see through either. So you don't have to stare at a half empty bottle when you've been using it for a while, however I little clear slit on the side would be great, so you can see when you about run out. I like how the bottle is a sturdy plastic but you still squeeze it easily enough. The non drip cap is great.Though sometimes the pressure in the bottle would make some product come out, which made a little mess.

Formula- The formula is thin, and rather runny, but I don't have anything against that. This means a little goes a long way, making your money go further. As far as the shaking goes I think its great!! I would rather shake the shit out of this little thing than have any clogging chemicals that would usually do the job of mixing the foundation for me, on my skin. The whole concept of the product is fab, but does it actually work?

Wear/Feel-The thing that drew me to this foundation was that its healthy for your skin. I had never used BM before this. The foundation is light, easy to apply, whether your prefer to uses brushes or your fingers, or even a beauty blender, though I think a flat brush is best. It goes on smoothly and covers my blemishes well enough but for people with a lot of spots this may not do the trick. 1-2 drops is light coverage 3-4 drops is medium coverage and 5-6 is full coverage. I do agree that this foundation is more of a sheer-medium coverage which I wasn not keen on. But this foundation has completely changed that, I now love the look of sheer coverage, but if I feel a bit off I can put more on, fab!

When you apply this make sure you build it up if you want more coverage, don't slap 5-6 drops on at once, start with 2 or 3 then add more once you have applied the first layer. Then make sure you buff it very well, that's the key with this foundation, buffing!!

Price- Ł26.00 in the UK which I happy to pay for, I don't mind spending more money on foundation as its going to be on my face pretty much all the time.

Brush or no brush?- I actually went ahead and purchased the brush with the foundation. Again everyone either likes it or hates it.I like and hate the brush... I call it the bucket brush. It goes well with how the foundation is dispensed. Blends very well and the bristles are soft. The only couple of things I would say are...
It tends to get clogged easily when you have been apply a few layers
Its a little small
The Bareskin foundation seems to cling to the bristles.. which I have noticed with other foundations I have used with the brush, its bristles they are a different material seems like, to other brushes... hrm
When you buy the foundation and brush together there is no deal? Like come on?!

The price for the brush is Ł24 which is normal for a mid range- high end range brand so I was happy paying it, I would like the brush more if it was more practical.. Bigger, better material and easier to clean please BM? So for those reasons, I would say that the brush is necessary.

I did find this foundation extremely hard to set. Even when using a heavy duty powder that I brought especially for it. I noticed that it stuck to my dry areas, and that it would absorb into the middle of the face. I cannot figure out why, also I don't have oily skin, I have dry skin but it made me feel very oily and wet.I also noticed that it transfers a lot. Onto my phone from ear area, onto my clothes from chin and onto my hands/fingers if I scratched my face.

I wouldn't purchase this again purely because I have spent enough money on it already, setting powders, new primer etc, and nothing worked. I am annoyed that this foundation didn't work, I really tried my best to make it work for all the effort and money including buying the brush. This product is just a flop to me, I don't think BM really thought about what is practical for a foundation. The concept of this product is so good, its shame that the product didn't live up to it.

I do love BM, so far this and the lose concealer are the only products I have been disappointed at.

on 2/9/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I'm matched to number 12. I've experimented with using just fingers, sponge and brush. I tried using with or without primer.

I've noticed that when it's a warm/hot day this foundation will crease and show each line and dry patch on your face. Even when I've powdered, used a primer or blotted. Since I do have oily skin I believe it also plays a major factor. It would move around the product.

But there have been times where my skin looked so flawless and matte. I think it all comes down too how oily my skin is that day and the weather.

This foundation is suited for oily skin on a winters day. And you don't want to be wearing it more than 3-4 hours.

Video Reviews & Tutorials