Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 4/4/2015 3:23:00 PM

I have been on a manhunt for the perfect foundation, and so far I have found it!!! This comes in beautiful shades for each skin tone. The perfect shades for the palest girls, like me! It leaves your skin flawless (not even kidding) I use the bareminerals brush that came out with the complexion rescue. To me that brush is better to use than the one they recommend to use with this! It is also very good for your skin! The coverage is also AMAZING, it covers my little breakouts and the redness of them! The packaging is okay u have to squeeze it out in drips but thats whatever. If you are looking for a natural look, medium coverage, something healthy on your skin, and its actually not that expensive. Get this. I love it and will be continuing to use it!! It leaves my skin looking smooth and like that poreless looking effect every girl is dying to have. To enhance the smoothness appear top it off with bareminerals READY touch up veil. Its an awesome powder to leave a matte finish giving you that airbrush look. Buy them both youll love it!!! and also the smoothing face brush which you can use with your liquid foundation and the powder!!!

on 4/3/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

With every foundation, there's pros and cons. You have to sacrifice one thing for another, this is the case with this foundation.

This morning I applied my Estée Lauder DW foundation after a long time, as I was put off it because it made me 'too matte' and gave my skin no glow or dimension. I'd look like I'd had all of the life sucked out of me. I remembered why I had hated it so much and simply could not understand how it was a HG for anybody. That day I decided enough was enough and went on the prowl for my HG high end foundation. I debated between Bobbi Brown's new intensive serum foundation, NARS sheer glow, GA Luminous Silk and this foundation, obviously.

When I applied this foundation I found it was VERY blendable and it felt like a moisturiser, almost. It wasn't thick and was very airy. Due to this, it is only light coverage but it most definitely is blendable and once I reached my desired coverage it gave me a very gorgeous airbrushed effect. The colour match wasn't dead on so I mixed it with my Bourjois healthy mix serum for a better color match and extra boost.

This foundation is for you if you desire the dewy look, like myself. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS IF YOU WANT A MATTE FINISH! You will not get it with this, this contains coconut oil extracts which will most definitely give you shine and make you look slightly oily and even more if you have oily skin. That's why it's imperative to set with powder or blot. For me it wasn't so much of a problem, as I do like a glowy finish, but I could see it becoming a problem later on during the day as it would make even a normal skin girl quite oily.

Furthermore to the aforementioned, the staying power (not lasting power) is quite appalling which is such a shame. This foundation came off instantly when I accidentally swiped it with my fingers and much to my dismay it had left streaks in my skin and simply couldn't believe that it was this flimsy! A slight touch will give you a patch in that area, however I'm guessing that if you set with powder, you may not have this problem.

All in all, if you're looking for a slightly cheaper, high-end foundation, that gives you a 'no make-up on' feel whilst at the same time maintaining coverage, go for this. If you're a Double Wear kind of girl, you like full coverage with minimal product and a matte finish, or you do not desire to make your oily skin any oilier, don't get this.

on 3/27/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I REALLY love my Bare Minerals bases usually, but this one I just "Like."

What I liked about it:
*Good for evening out under eye circles
*A really silky, lightweight concealer
*Brightens my overall face, especially when I use just a little to highlight and conceal, then build coverage with my Matte Mineral Powder.
*A little goes a long way!
*It doesn't seem aggravate my sensitive, acne prone skin. (This is a plus....I can use Bare Minerals Matte, but not the original formula, due to the silicones.)

What I wasn't crazy about:
*It didn't provide good, even coverage without looking unnatural
*The texture may not be ideal for oily skin. I have noticed on my oiliest days, it tends to exacerbate the problem. A makeup setting spray, (ELF or NYX both work), DOES seem to help keep it on place, however.
*The product seems to separate easily....always give it a good shake before using.

Overall, this is a good, but not great product.

on 3/27/2015 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Needed something that wouldn't cause breakouts (I'm too old for that !). Anyway, after a few disappointing applications I went back to see the cosmetics "doctor" at Sephora, who told me that the proper way to apply was first to MAKE SURE THAT THE TOP IS SCREWED ON UNTIL IT CLICKS. I guess neatness does count--no more mess. I was also instructed when using the BareMinerals brush specifically designed for this product to start with ONE drop and apply all over and then add more (to the sponge center of the brush) a drop at a time. Made a great difference; used it over a primer. I notice that this product looks better if you give it about 15 minutes "setting" time--not powdery, just brighter, smoother. Will purchase another shade for summer weather (in Florida).

on 3/26/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation took a while to work for me. when I first put It on it looked awful, my pores were accentuated and it highlighted dry patches all over my face! But now I can say I love this foundation. I have very oily skin with dry patches low on my cheeks and red patches all over and marks from quite severe teenage acne ! (Lovely, I know!) I have changed the moisturiser to a more moisturising one, applying sparingly on my t zone and concentrating on my dry patches and let in sink in. I then apply 1 drop of the foundation over my face at a time until I'm happy with the coverage leaving it to dry and then setit with face powder. This will last for about 5hrs and then needs touched up. Which is the only negitive for me.

on 3/25/2015 5:54:00 PM

This foundation feels heavy on the skin, gets really shiny looking after a while, and, while it does have decent coverage, it separates after a while, showing off pores and fine lines. Not the best option.

This thing is awful it's one of the grossest things I've ever put on my skin! At first I was excited to try it out and went and bought because I heard it only had few ingredients and it oil free and silicone free and I had to have it. When I first applied it I put it over to porefessional by benefit and used a nice brush along with it and thought ok it's really slippery and spreads ok but it was so streaky which isn't a big deal because when I set it my powder takes care of it! The finish is too shiny yuck! As the day wore I really felt this on my skin I could feel how oily I was and I swear I felt it separate on my face when I looked into the mirror a few hrs later this thing had settled into my pores I could see my dark spots coming through and it was just separating badly I did everything the right way and this was happening I was so disappointed in this foundation and it's staying power I will never repurchase and back to the store this goes!

on 3/24/2015 10:25:00 AM

For a liquid foundation, this tends to do fairly well at it's claims AND working well with dry, dull skin (as some liquid foundations do not do well with).

Starting off fairly oily and slightly slippery, blending is key to this product. The brush that it's geared to being sold with (the flat top with the well in the middle) does a decent job but really, any decent and well made brush made to buff out and blend a liquid foundation will do the job.

I don't buy the claims that this has anything remotely related to being a serum inside of it; the amount of lilac extract is minimal and has no peer reviewed evidence to actually helping skin. I do appreciate that it has a high amount of titanium dioxide in it to offer broad spectrum SPF protection all while not looking or finishing ashy even on dark tones.

I tend to use this on clients that want a more "glowy/natural/ finish all while having a medium amount of coverage. I think it's difficult to get a high amount of coverage without looking totally cakey and thick. For oily skin, setting this is a must as the amount of coconut extract and glycol tends to rise and slide around after a few hours.

I will give praise to BE for the huge shade range that really do work well with most skin tones as it ranges from very fair to very dark with red or yellow undertones.

Playing with this in a store is a must as it really depends on your skin tone and type to see if it'll work for you.

on 3/22/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nope. Noooope. This had promise and I thought it would be different because it's a "gel" foundation. It's very sheer. Sheerer than I thought. I don't like the packaging. It's kind of hard to get out of the bottle, because you can't really squeeze the bottle at all. It made my forehead into a shiny, oily, mess. My forehead was SLICK at the end of the day. I was hoping that because it was a gel, that that wouldn't happen. Thank goodness for Sephora's return policy!

on 3/15/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is whatever. You have to wear primer underneath this foundation or else it will be flaky and streaky. Because I have oily skin after about 5 hours (of running around and sweating a little) the foundation looks disgusting especially around my nose and t-zone. However! when i blot with oil absorbing sheets my face doesn't look so bad! The foundation also feels heavy and really makes my pores look huge :/ I don't think this foundation is worth 35$

Video Reviews & Tutorials