Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 4/17/2015 3:36:00 AM

I have such mixed feelings about this foundation. I am very pale (for reference, I wear BR10 in Touche Eclat foundation, 110 in MUFE HD) and got the palest color in this. The color match was great, which is rare for me. Usually stuff is too grayish and pale (Nars Siberia) or yellowish, or more often, just not pale enough. What I also really love about this foundation is how light it is- it almost feels like it shouldn't have any coverage, it's so thin and easy to apply. Even more light and liquidy than Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. But it does a great job of evening out my skin tone and covering up most of the redness on my face- which is saying a lot, since I have borderline rosacea on my cheeks. It last a long time, and provides this bright, pretty finish. I almost want to call it "glowing," which is weird because it's matte. I used to work at a makeup store, and when I first tried this, everyone was like "what did you do to your skin? it looks amazing." I love the way it looks on me, from far away, at least.

Because here's what I don't like about it: I have dryish skin, not flakey but a bit dehydrated, and this really, really clings to the patches of dry skin around my nose, above my lip, and even sometimes on my cheeks. It's not grotesque looking, but it is annoying. If I use a good moisturizer and primer, I can avoid a lot of this, but it's annoying that it takes so much prep work. Still, though. I keep coming back to this one. And in the end, I would probably repurchase.

I like how it has SPF in it. It's good for sheer coverage. You could kind of see the pores on my nose though when I used it :-/ it's a decent foundation but it isn't amazing. I used the shade Bare Cream.

I read and saw so many great reviews about this foundation and decided to try it out. I went to the Bare Escentuals store at my local mall and had one of the MUAs color match me. I purchased it, and was repeatedly asked why I didn't want the brush that was meant for it (the one with the well). That kind of turned me off, not being asked i mean, I get it's their job to sell, I just think the brush is gimmicky.

This foundation is reasonably priced in my opinion for B.E. and it matches my skin very well. My problems with it were that it is such a sheer coverage, and this is actually my personal problem, not the foundation's. Even after building the coverage, it's still not enough for my problem areas on my face. Also, it is not forgiving to any dry patches on your skin, even after moisturizing and priming. The bottle is a pain in the neck at times, just trying to get the drops out. I also don't think there are enough shades offered in the collection, especially for women with deeper skin tones.

This foundation does last all day and leaves a beautiful finish once it's set. I really admire how the areas of my skin that aren't problematic look with this foundation on. I WOULD buy this again when and if my skin improves

on 4/10/2015 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I shook it used it exactly as it should be, expecting no coverage and a bit of colour, and it is complete nonsense. I have used enough foundations of this kind in the past to know that it's not my skin, it's the foundation that's crap. Coverage is worse than without because it dulls the natural glow that well hydrated skin normally has. Emphasizes every spot, every hint of a dry match magnified, every less than pristine surface looks rougher and bumpier. The pigment in this is either not too finely milled or it is in a base which doesnt settle well on the skin, only settles into pores. Or the two don't mix well together and it separates on your face once applied. My skin is not oily, btw. Have tried to make this work for months. Waste.

on 4/10/2015 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Horrible on my oily skin with large pores. Already not a fan of the powder foundation of this brand, I have decided to give the liquid one a try. I have used over a primer, but the product sank right into my pores. Big disappointment.

on 4/5/2015 3:18:00 PM

This is a very good product IF you use it correctly. First, you need to shake it well. This is critical. Then you squeeze 4-5 drops in your hand, on a sponge, or on a brush. Use as much as you think you need, and add a drop more if you need coverage. If you need coverage, use your fingers and stir the product in your palm. This is thin and smoothes on easily. Be sure to blend well. It feels like it is going to be oily, but once set, it is more velvet matte. There is no shimmer. Once set on your face it feels like absolutely nothing while you are getting good coverage. It is as light as can be. You may want to go a bit darker than you think you should. Once it dries, it looks lighter on your face than it does in liquid form. Flaws can be covered well. The squeeze tip is hard to use, and they need to put this in a pump bottle or a more flexible squeeze bottle.

on 4/4/2015 3:23:00 PM

I have been on a manhunt for the perfect foundation, and so far I have found it!!! This comes in beautiful shades for each skin tone. The perfect shades for the palest girls, like me! It leaves your skin flawless (not even kidding) I use the bareminerals brush that came out with the complexion rescue. To me that brush is better to use than the one they recommend to use with this! It is also very good for your skin! The coverage is also AMAZING, it covers my little breakouts and the redness of them! The packaging is okay u have to squeeze it out in drips but thats whatever. If you are looking for a natural look, medium coverage, something healthy on your skin, and its actually not that expensive. Get this. I love it and will be continuing to use it!! It leaves my skin looking smooth and like that poreless looking effect every girl is dying to have. To enhance the smoothness appear top it off with bareminerals READY touch up veil. Its an awesome powder to leave a matte finish giving you that airbrush look. Buy them both youll love it!!! and also the smoothing face brush which you can use with your liquid foundation and the powder!!!

on 4/3/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

With every foundation, there's pros and cons. You have to sacrifice one thing for another, this is the case with this foundation.

This morning I applied my Estée Lauder DW foundation after a long time, as I was put off it because it made me 'too matte' and gave my skin no glow or dimension. I'd look like I'd had all of the life sucked out of me. I remembered why I had hated it so much and simply could not understand how it was a HG for anybody. That day I decided enough was enough and went on the prowl for my HG high end foundation. I debated between Bobbi Brown's new intensive serum foundation, NARS sheer glow, GA Luminous Silk and this foundation, obviously.

When I applied this foundation I found it was VERY blendable and it felt like a moisturiser, almost. It wasn't thick and was very airy. Due to this, it is only light coverage but it most definitely is blendable and once I reached my desired coverage it gave me a very gorgeous airbrushed effect. The colour match wasn't dead on so I mixed it with my Bourjois healthy mix serum for a better color match and extra boost.

This foundation is for you if you desire the dewy look, like myself. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS IF YOU WANT A MATTE FINISH! You will not get it with this, this contains coconut oil extracts which will most definitely give you shine and make you look slightly oily and even more if you have oily skin. That's why it's imperative to set with powder or blot. For me it wasn't so much of a problem, as I do like a glowy finish, but I could see it becoming a problem later on during the day as it would make even a normal skin girl quite oily.

Furthermore to the aforementioned, the staying power (not lasting power) is quite appalling which is such a shame. This foundation came off instantly when I accidentally swiped it with my fingers and much to my dismay it had left streaks in my skin and simply couldn't believe that it was this flimsy! A slight touch will give you a patch in that area, however I'm guessing that if you set with powder, you may not have this problem.

All in all, if you're looking for a slightly cheaper, high-end foundation, that gives you a 'no make-up on' feel whilst at the same time maintaining coverage, go for this. If you're a Double Wear kind of girl, you like full coverage with minimal product and a matte finish, or you do not desire to make your oily skin any oilier, don't get this.

on 3/27/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I REALLY love my Bare Minerals bases usually, but this one I just "Like."

What I liked about it:
*Good for evening out under eye circles
*A really silky, lightweight concealer
*Brightens my overall face, especially when I use just a little to highlight and conceal, then build coverage with my Matte Mineral Powder.
*A little goes a long way!
*It doesn't seem aggravate my sensitive, acne prone skin. (This is a plus....I can use Bare Minerals Matte, but not the original formula, due to the silicones.)

What I wasn't crazy about:
*It didn't provide good, even coverage without looking unnatural
*The texture may not be ideal for oily skin. I have noticed on my oiliest days, it tends to exacerbate the problem. A makeup setting spray, (ELF or NYX both work), DOES seem to help keep it on place, however.
*The product seems to separate easily....always give it a good shake before using.

Overall, this is a good, but not great product.

on 3/27/2015 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Needed something that wouldn't cause breakouts (I'm too old for that !). Anyway, after a few disappointing applications I went back to see the cosmetics "doctor" at Sephora, who told me that the proper way to apply was first to MAKE SURE THAT THE TOP IS SCREWED ON UNTIL IT CLICKS. I guess neatness does count--no more mess. I was also instructed when using the BareMinerals brush specifically designed for this product to start with ONE drop and apply all over and then add more (to the sponge center of the brush) a drop at a time. Made a great difference; used it over a primer. I notice that this product looks better if you give it about 15 minutes "setting" time--not powdery, just brighter, smoother. Will purchase another shade for summer weather (in Florida).

Video Reviews & Tutorials