August 1, 2014 | 1831 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I personally had a problem with it but I often get severe problems with waterproof mascara..unfortunately.

It builds up really nicely and makes my lashes very pretty....long, full, thick, and curled.

The formula is slightly dry and flaky compared to the washable.

The staying power is great.

It gives length AND volume and overall this is just a great mascara.

My eyes had problems with it but my eyes are stubborn with WP mascara so I think it's just me. Think I need to stick to washable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This mascara was the staple in my mom's makeup bag and growing up I always saw her apply this. I started using it in middle school and high school then wandered away from it and tried countless others both high end and drug store. This is the mascara I come back to. Old reliable. The water proof is the better choice to hold the curl

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Jules4272

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is my basic go-to product. It's the mascara that I don't have to think about buying when I am need. That being said, it's not a perfect product.
As someone with bone-straight eyelashes that are decently long, my mascara has to be waterproof and have holding power, or else, sorry but what ever other benefits it may have had, I just won't notice. In my experience, waterproof mascaras tend to have the best holding power. L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof does a great job of getting my lashes up (with the help of a curler of course, this isn't a miracle product) and keeping them up. Since so few other mascaras do this for me, Voluminous already gets points from me, but like I said earlier, this product isn't perfect.
It does tend to smudge a little part way through the day, though this may be partially because I have very oily skin. And though it smudges, I never notice that it detracts from the look of my mascara, nor is it difficult to quickly wipe away.
Back to the good things; Despite being waterproof, it's easily washable with just water and a bit of face wash. It's buildable without clumping (within reason of course, all mascaras are going to look clumpy after a certain amount of coats!), which is great because it means I don't have to use a different mascara for school as I do for going out. Regularly priced at about $10 (here in Canada), but it often goes on sale for $5 to $7, which is pretty good.
Overall, this is a great standard mascara if you don't wind wiping under your eyes maybe once (and really only maybe) during the day!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by girlnextdoor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My main problem with this mascara is that it smudges. It gives lovely drama and is gently waterproof, but my skin and eyelids are oily, and I get smudges all under my eyes within a few hours. I usually only use this mascara on my top lashes for "night out" makeup, and I still get raccoon eyes. I'll probably use it up, but I won't rebuy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I thought this was fantastic mascara for the first two weeks of use. Gradually and progressively, I developed what I thought was an unrelated problem: Pinkeye. After a visit to an eye doctor, I stopped using this mascara and switched brands. That's when the eye irritation disappeared (it wasn't Pinkeye). I can no longer wear any L'Oreal mascaras due to some as-of-yet-unidentified ingredient that I'm apparently allergic to. Sad but true....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- volume
- no clumping
- no smudging/flaking
- holds curl
- waterproof

Cons

- very dry formula

Comments: Not sure if I picked up a bad tube, but this stuff is SO dry. However, after applying a few drops of visine in the tube...it worked great. I achieved amazing volume with no clumps at all.

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jeanniewalker

Another product I have using off and on for about 13 yrs. I will wonder off and try something new but always come back to this. I buy it in black. It goes on smooth and is buildable. It is comparable to more expensive brands. I really like this product and will continue to buy in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by tiffanynnnunes

I've been using L'Oreal Voluminous mascara for a very long time. I personally have very short eye lashes and this product gives my lashes some serious length and volume. When it comes to drugstore brands I definitely think this mascara is the best. Every time I try a new mascara I always find myself going right back to L'Oreal. And the price isn't bad for the quality.... If you haven't tried it yet you have to get a tube of this stuff, it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieABS

Bought this product on a whim at bed bath and beyond. I've used it before at my friends house and did like the way it made my lashes look. However the water proof version does take a lot of makeup remover to remove and when I wake up in the morning I still have to use a little bit more remover to get the rest off. Overall i love this mascara and one pump for each eye is all you need! Makes your eyes pop!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is the BEST mascara ever! I've used the Waterproof Voluminous mascara for years and there is nothing else (including dept store brands) that compares to how full/thick it makes my very skimpy lashes look. No clumps. No flakes. NO watery eyes from an allergic reaction. Just perfect FULL lush looking lashes that will stand up to showers, swimming, and hot humid summer days.

As for removing the mascara? I can't believe some members are complaining it's hard to get off. If you use the right remover, there are no issues. The only remover I use is Almay Moisturizing Remover Pads (they are the oily ones). The mascara comes off easily. No issues.

Btw, I just tried the L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous "Million Lashes" by mistake, and it is HORRIBLE! OMG. :( Worst product ever! It barely put any mascara onto my very fine, thin, pathetic lashes. What a waste of money!! L'Oreal better NOT be replacing my HG mascara with this mess of a product!! Leave my beloved original L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Mascara alone!