September 16, 2014 | 1775 users online

Palettes - Tarte - Be MATTEnificent

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AH-MAY-ZING!
Finally! An all-matte palette in which each and every color is wearable and complimentary. Nothing sparkly or garish here. It's earthy and natural, but oh-so-pretty. The shadows and liners are amazingly soft and pigmented and the blush delivers just like all the other Amazonian clay blushes. Even the little double-ended brush included is usable.
I love that the colors err on the cool side. Double bonus for me, as I'm a cooler-toned neutral. The packaging is gorgeous and resembles an amethyst geode, and the mirror is large and of good quality.
Too bad this is L.E. - I think I might have to snap up another one or two.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the TARTE Be MATTEnificent Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Eye & Cheek Palette. This is my first purchase from the Tarte line. I was looking for something to give a "romantic nude" eye and this is it. I LOVE matte eye shadow and this is perfect for work when applied lightly.It is easily layered for a night time look. I thought I would never use the black but it blends so nicely into the crease for a little extra oomph. The blush is a nice colour and flattering. This comes with a little card by a beauty blogger with a "paint by numbers" explaining how to apply. I generally wear MAC shadows as they don't bother my sensitive eyes and I like that they are highly pigmented and this palette did not disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful packaging for the Amazonian colored clay matte palette! Comes w/a card w/two 'looks' Your Moment in the Sun & Reach for the Stars. It has the standard Amazonian clay product feel (creamy/smooth). The palette is a great neutral palette that has matte shades not only in eyeshadows (6), but a complimentary blush and two liners as well. I'm happy I picked this up, it's perfect for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jenniferrallynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first experience with the Tarte Cosmetic line. I must say, I'm extremely impressed with it. I have oily/combo skin that makes wearing eye shadows a joke. Within 2 hours of application, I'm already creasing. I did not have an issue with creasing until the 5.5-6 hour mark, which is very minimal at this point. I can get a solid work day without noticeable creasing or fading. The texture is like butter. Applies with ease. The only issue I have is amount of product that kicks up in the pan when I put my brush in the product. Also with the blush, I have to use an easy hand or it can look a tad muddy on my cool fair skin. But all in all, I'm extremely glad I bought this palette. It was a toss up between Naked 3 or this. I'm not a huge fan of shimmer shades, so this seemed like the logical choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by strix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice to see a matte palette for those of us who don't like shimmer. If you thought that the UD Naked Basics palette was too yellow-toned, you might like this, as the colors are all rosy-toned. Very nice colors for winter and spring. The pigmentation of the shadows is excellent. A range of lights and darks make it easy to create a complete look.

The blush is such a nice surprise. I didn't expect to like it, but the color is so flattering and melts into the skin looking natural and pretty. It is actually my favorite part of the palette!

For travel, all you'd need to add to your makeup bag is lipstick and mascara.

Usually I find Tarte packaging to be tacky, but I really like the purple geode-inspired case.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never thought that I would say this about a pallette, but this is HG. You get 6 shadows, two liners, and a very flattering blush. This is what I wanted Naked Basics to be. The shades are much more flattering and not as close as the Urban Decay pallette. I didn't like how two of the shades were nearly identical and one of the shades had shimmer in it. For me, only three out of the five shades were practical for me.
The brush is a nice suprise, since it works. Applicators that come with an acutal product usually doesn't work very well. I dislike that this palette is Limited edition, so I'm contemplating buying a backup before they take it off shelves. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is my first Tarte experience and I am super impressed. The shadows are very buttery and pigmented. Stupid me used too much thinking they probably wouldn't be and I ended up with a smokey eye lol. LOVE the matte shadows and wish this was permanent. The blush in here is gorgeous and very pigmented.

Palette includes:
- eyeshadow in dream in chocolate (black brown)
- eyeshadow in view from the taupe (taupe)
- eyeshadow in peach for the stars (peach)
- eyeshadow in sand out from the crowd (warm beige)
- eyeshadow in pink outside the box (soft pink)
- eyeshadow in rose to the occasion (rosy pink)
- eyeshadow in don't stand black (black)
- eyeshadow in two plums up
and the blush is in elevated (a nude color with pink)

I wish the blush was sold separate because this is a nice shade and very flattering. It's very natural and no shimmer.

The palette packaging is just beautiful and has a abalone look to it. I am very impressed with this company and will be buying more from them.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by cwabby

As a matte lover, this is almost my perfect travel palette in theory. This is the first time i've tried tartes eyeshadows and have to say that the quality is amazing. The shadows aren't as soft as say stila or lorac but that isn't a bad thing. They are incredibly buttery and pigmented and when applied, the colour goes on so smoothly.

The one thing I might change is maybe have slightly darker midtones. They blend nicely with my nc42 skin but are on the fence between being a lid or a crease colour. I love the fact that they have the 2 darker shades to be used as liner. The blush is also such a gorgeous soft pink and the quality lives up to tartes usual amazing amazonian clay blushes. However, it is a little too light for my skin tone and I really have to pack on the pigment. It also has a giant mirror and dual ended eyeshadow brush. I would usually carry my own brushes for travel anyway but it is nice to have one in the palette too. The brush is really good quality and I enjoy using it. Lastly, the outside case is made of a hard metal so it's very sturdy and would feel safe to chuck into my purse for commuting.

All in all I think tarte did a fantastic job with this palette. The colours are gorgeous and the quality is fantastic. I wish they would make a version for darker skinned girls as well though. I feel like the 4 lighter shades look too similar on my eyelids. I was so drawn to the beautiful taupe and lilac but they look the same on my lids. I will continue to use my palette because it is great quality and still beautiful colours, but wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not normally a matte shadow person, at 52 I still love shimmer. I waited to buy this until I could swatch it in a store. LOVE this! I did not want the Naked Basics palette as it had a too brown twist on it, this palette is perfect for my green eyes. I used it with Urban Decay Rockstar (a shimmer), then the rest of my eyeshadow look came from this palette, love the dark purple matte, payoff is great. Highly recommend. Already bought a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am obsessed with this palette. I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it! This is limited edition. You get 8 beautiful powder shadows (2 of them can double as powder eyeliners) and a nice size blush. All of the colors are new and exclusive just to this palette. I would say this is very neutral/cool toned and obviously all colors are matte. The colors blend beautifully and are long wearing. I just can't get over how perfect this is for fair skinned women because I feel we are often overlooked in the cosmetic world. This palette is perfect for traveling, the colors are perfect for every day looks and you could use the brown/black shadows to create smokey eyes for a night out. So much potential!

8 eyeshadows from top left to right:
1. "Sand Out From the Crowd" - warm beige with a hint of yellow tone, I would say this is
the warmest base color in the palette
2. "Peach for the Stars" - pale neutral peach
3. "Two Plums Up" - cool, rich deep purple

Middle from left to right:
4. "Pink Outside the Box" - pale cool baby pink
5. "Rose to the Occasion" - cool pink hued mauve/taupe
6. "View from the taupe" - cool grey/brown taupe

Bottom left to right (eyeliner shadows):
7. "Dream in Chocolate" - dark chocolate brown
8. "Don't Stand Black" - black

Far Left Blusher:
elevated - neutral rosy taupe

The packaging is gorgeous. It is sturdy and heavy (not in a bad way, but as in feels expensive). The cover is pretty, it looks like an amethyst crystal. Inside it has a huge mirror that is high quality and takes up the entire lid. They also give you a decent little brush instead of sponge tip applicators. This palette was $36 and worth every penny, I would not say it is horribly over priced for the quality. If you are fair skinned, older or just love mattes then this is for you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No