Tarte Be MATTEnificent

4.9

on 2/28/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I mainly wrote this review because there are not enough reviews from cooler skin toned women who might be on the fence about purchasing this palette so please read on if your interested in this Gem!! I have1 word about this palette! AMAZING..I was shopping at Ulta last week and came across this palette, I had JUST purchased the Lorac Unzipped palette, and the Lorac Pro palette which are both great palettes so I didn't think I'd need this. So I honestly just bought it on a whim, I don't own many matte shadows anyway so I figured I could use this as another everyday palette for work.

I didn't read up on reviews or anything, which I usually do, and after I purchased it I felt so stupid for not reading up on it sooner because there are ALOT of bad reviews on this for it not working for people other than fair skin tones. Stop right there sister! For reference I am NC37-NC40, tan skin and oily, I really was convinced this palette wasn't even going to show up on my skintone, disappointment set in real quick.. I was ready to return it the next day without even trying it. Then I said to myself I already purchased it let's just give a go what the heck and see how it looks. OMG, beautiful on the lids! It brings a card for reference for makeup beginners and it features Hollyann from youtube? I think I have her name right, sorry if I don't! This palette comes with 6 good sized eye shadows, 1 blush, and 2 powder eyeliners, 1 brown, 1 black, and a dual ended brush.

I first tried a combo of Pink outside the box on the lid, view from taupe in the crease for dimension, and two plums in the crease outer v. Then I used the powder liner in Don't stand black, ahhhhh fell in immediate love because I'm glad that this palette does work for more than fair skin toned ladies, and it looked great. I have done 2 other looks as well and love this palette so far.

We already know it's packaged beautifully, and feels very sturdy. The blush Elevated that also comes in this palette is GORGEOUS, it gave me such a great glowing look. The liners work very well as well, easier to smudge for me rather than other liners in my opinion.

Bottom line: this is limited edition and if you can get your hands on this GET IT, it's fairly priced for the amount of products you get, all in 1, plus a brush, I can't comment on it because I have not tried it, but overall a great investment and I'm glad I went with my gut on this one, you can purchase it at Ulta or Sephora, I will re-purchase it if I use it up quickly, or if it becomes permanent. Great job Tarte!

on 2/28/2014 3:20:00 PM

I fell in love with the packaging. This is my first actual eyeshadow palette because I don't normally wear eyeshadow or even like it much. I has been wanting urban Decay to see what the fuss was about but it was not in my price range and I second guessed the shimmer shadows. I've got to say, this CC Matte is heaven sent. Its every day, it's natural, it's pigmented, and most of all, inexpensive. I just wish it wasn't limited edition.

on 2/26/2014 11:18:00 PM

When I saw the packaging, I knew it needed it before even knowing what was inside. I am not into shimmery shadows so I was pleasantly surprised that it was all matte. Gorgeous shades & a great value. I use this palette almost everyday & the shadows have good pigmentation. The blush is a nice shade that would work on many skin tones. I am looking to pick up another before it's gone.

on 2/24/2014 9:50:00 PM

AH-MAY-ZING!
Finally! An all-matte palette in which each and every color is wearable and complimentary. Nothing sparkly or garish here. It's earthy and natural, but oh-so-pretty. The shadows and liners are amazingly soft and pigmented and the blush delivers just like all the other Amazonian clay blushes. Even the little double-ended brush included is usable.
I love that the colors err on the cool side. Double bonus for me, as I'm a cooler-toned neutral. The packaging is gorgeous and resembles an amethyst geode, and the mirror is large and of good quality.
Too bad this is L.E. - I think I might have to snap up another one or two.

on 2/22/2014 3:35:00 PM

This review is for the TARTE Be MATTEnificent Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Eye & Cheek Palette. This is my first purchase from the Tarte line. I was looking for something to give a "romantic nude" eye and this is it. I LOVE matte eye shadow and this is perfect for work when applied lightly.It is easily layered for a night time look. I thought I would never use the black but it blends so nicely into the crease for a little extra oomph. The blush is a nice colour and flattering. This comes with a little card by a beauty blogger with a "paint by numbers" explaining how to apply. I generally wear MAC shadows as they don't bother my sensitive eyes and I like that they are highly pigmented and this palette did not disappoint.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful packaging for the Amazonian colored clay matte palette! Comes w/a card w/two 'looks' Your Moment in the Sun & Reach for the Stars. It has the standard Amazonian clay product feel (creamy/smooth). The palette is a great neutral palette that has matte shades not only in eyeshadows (6), but a complimentary blush and two liners as well. I'm happy I picked this up, it's perfect for travel.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first experience with the Tarte Cosmetic line. I must say, I'm extremely impressed with it. I have oily/combo skin that makes wearing eye shadows a joke. Within 2 hours of application, I'm already creasing. I did not have an issue with creasing until the 5.5-6 hour mark, which is very minimal at this point. I can get a solid work day without noticeable creasing or fading. The texture is like butter. Applies with ease. The only issue I have is amount of product that kicks up in the pan when I put my brush in the product. Also with the blush, I have to use an easy hand or it can look a tad muddy on my cool fair skin. But all in all, I'm extremely glad I bought this palette. It was a toss up between Naked 3 or this. I'm not a huge fan of shimmer shades, so this seemed like the logical choice.

on 2/14/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nice to see a matte palette for those of us who don't like shimmer. If you thought that the UD Naked Basics palette was too yellow-toned, you might like this, as the colors are all rosy-toned. Very nice colors for winter and spring. The pigmentation of the shadows is excellent. A range of lights and darks make it easy to create a complete look.

The blush is such a nice surprise. I didn't expect to like it, but the color is so flattering and melts into the skin looking natural and pretty. It is actually my favorite part of the palette!

For travel, all you'd need to add to your makeup bag is lipstick and mascara.

Usually I find Tarte packaging to be tacky, but I really like the purple geode-inspired case.

on 2/14/2014 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I never thought that I would say this about a pallette, but this is HG. You get 6 shadows, two liners, and a very flattering blush. This is what I wanted Naked Basics to be. The shades are much more flattering and not as close as the Urban Decay pallette. I didn't like how two of the shades were nearly identical and one of the shades had shimmer in it. For me, only three out of the five shades were practical for me.
The brush is a nice suprise, since it works. Applicators that come with an acutal product usually doesn't work very well. I dislike that this palette is Limited edition, so I'm contemplating buying a backup before they take it off shelves. I would repurchase.

on 2/13/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first Tarte experience and I am super impressed. The shadows are very buttery and pigmented. Stupid me used too much thinking they probably wouldn't be and I ended up with a smokey eye lol. LOVE the matte shadows and wish this was permanent. The blush in here is gorgeous and very pigmented.

Palette includes:
- eyeshadow in dream in chocolate (black brown)
- eyeshadow in view from the taupe (taupe)
- eyeshadow in peach for the stars (peach)
- eyeshadow in sand out from the crowd (warm beige)
- eyeshadow in pink outside the box (soft pink)
- eyeshadow in rose to the occasion (rosy pink)
- eyeshadow in don't stand black (black)
- eyeshadow in two plums up
and the blush is in elevated (a nude color with pink)

I wish the blush was sold separate because this is a nice shade and very flattering. It's very natural and no shimmer.

The palette packaging is just beautiful and has a abalone look to it. I am very impressed with this company and will be buying more from them.

Popular Palettes