Tarte Be MATTEnificent

4.9

on 3/10/2014 11:48:00 AM

I bought this palette this past weekend while shopping at Ulta with my teenage daughter. She has the UD Naked 3 palette, but it has a little too much sparkle for me. Plus, I was looking for a more cool/plum-ish purple toned eyeshadow combo. I'm a blue-eyed blonde with neutral skin tone, leaning toward the cool side (I wear Nars foundation & powder in SantaFe, for reference). Eye shadows that are too warm in the pinky/rosy family just make me look SICK. Not good at all. But I I love taupes/browns/purples and a hint of pink is OK.

This palette is perfect! The pigmentation is fantastic. The colors are much more rich & saturated than you might think. I was very pleasantly surprised! Very versatile colors for many different looks. and the black & brown eyeshadow "liners" work very well too. They don't flake all over your face when trying to line like some do (like Two Faced).

This is my first Tarte purchase, and I am very impressed with it. Also, as a coincidence, I made a purchase at Sephora this weekend and one of the "point" bonus items to choose from was the Tarte "lights camera lashes" mascara, so I got it. I"m wearing it for the first time today, so we'll see how it wears, but I LOVE the way it went on! NO clumps, and very easy to build multiple coats. I'll review it after a couple more uses after I see how it wears.

on 3/2/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite eye palette I own now! It is so awesome! These colors are gorgeous and very versatile. You can create many looks...easy, daytime, evening out, dramatic, etc. This has became the palette I am reaching for most in my collection. I love the purple color, it is so gorgeous! Colors in this palette are very pigmented and high quality. I absolutely love that it has both matte brown and black in the palette, for some reason that appeals to me most about it! I can go soft and shuttle with brown, or dramatic with black. The packaging is gorgeous! And this will be my palette I grab when I travel, the size is perfect! Hope this becomes permanent in Tartes line! I will definitely be buying another to have for back up! So worth it and the cost is reasonable for a palette like this!

on 2/28/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I mainly wrote this review because there are not enough reviews from cooler skin toned women who might be on the fence about purchasing this palette so please read on if your interested in this Gem!! I have1 word about this palette! AMAZING..I was shopping at Ulta last week and came across this palette, I had JUST purchased the Lorac Unzipped palette, and the Lorac Pro palette which are both great palettes so I didn't think I'd need this. So I honestly just bought it on a whim, I don't own many matte shadows anyway so I figured I could use this as another everyday palette for work.

I didn't read up on reviews or anything, which I usually do, and after I purchased it I felt so stupid for not reading up on it sooner because there are ALOT of bad reviews on this for it not working for people other than fair skin tones. Stop right there sister! For reference I am NC37-NC40, tan skin and oily, I really was convinced this palette wasn't even going to show up on my skintone, disappointment set in real quick.. I was ready to return it the next day without even trying it. Then I said to myself I already purchased it let's just give a go what the heck and see how it looks. OMG, beautiful on the lids! It brings a card for reference for makeup beginners and it features Hollyann from youtube? I think I have her name right, sorry if I don't! This palette comes with 6 good sized eye shadows, 1 blush, and 2 powder eyeliners, 1 brown, 1 black, and a dual ended brush.

I first tried a combo of Pink outside the box on the lid, view from taupe in the crease for dimension, and two plums in the crease outer v. Then I used the powder liner in Don't stand black, ahhhhh fell in immediate love because I'm glad that this palette does work for more than fair skin toned ladies, and it looked great. I have done 2 other looks as well and love this palette so far.

We already know it's packaged beautifully, and feels very sturdy. The blush Elevated that also comes in this palette is GORGEOUS, it gave me such a great glowing look. The liners work very well as well, easier to smudge for me rather than other liners in my opinion.

Bottom line: this is limited edition and if you can get your hands on this GET IT, it's fairly priced for the amount of products you get, all in 1, plus a brush, I can't comment on it because I have not tried it, but overall a great investment and I'm glad I went with my gut on this one, you can purchase it at Ulta or Sephora, I will re-purchase it if I use it up quickly, or if it becomes permanent. Great job Tarte!

on 2/28/2014 3:20:00 PM

I fell in love with the packaging. This is my first actual eyeshadow palette because I don't normally wear eyeshadow or even like it much. I has been wanting urban Decay to see what the fuss was about but it was not in my price range and I second guessed the shimmer shadows. I've got to say, this CC Matte is heaven sent. Its every day, it's natural, it's pigmented, and most of all, inexpensive. I just wish it wasn't limited edition.

on 2/26/2014 11:18:00 PM

When I saw the packaging, I knew it needed it before even knowing what was inside. I am not into shimmery shadows so I was pleasantly surprised that it was all matte. Gorgeous shades & a great value. I use this palette almost everyday & the shadows have good pigmentation. The blush is a nice shade that would work on many skin tones. I am looking to pick up another before it's gone.

on 2/24/2014 9:50:00 PM

AH-MAY-ZING!
Finally! An all-matte palette in which each and every color is wearable and complimentary. Nothing sparkly or garish here. It's earthy and natural, but oh-so-pretty. The shadows and liners are amazingly soft and pigmented and the blush delivers just like all the other Amazonian clay blushes. Even the little double-ended brush included is usable.
I love that the colors err on the cool side. Double bonus for me, as I'm a cooler-toned neutral. The packaging is gorgeous and resembles an amethyst geode, and the mirror is large and of good quality.
Too bad this is L.E. - I think I might have to snap up another one or two.

on 2/22/2014 3:35:00 PM

This review is for the TARTE Be MATTEnificent Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Eye & Cheek Palette. This is my first purchase from the Tarte line. I was looking for something to give a "romantic nude" eye and this is it. I LOVE matte eye shadow and this is perfect for work when applied lightly.It is easily layered for a night time look. I thought I would never use the black but it blends so nicely into the crease for a little extra oomph. The blush is a nice colour and flattering. This comes with a little card by a beauty blogger with a "paint by numbers" explaining how to apply. I generally wear MAC shadows as they don't bother my sensitive eyes and I like that they are highly pigmented and this palette did not disappoint.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful packaging for the Amazonian colored clay matte palette! Comes w/a card w/two 'looks' Your Moment in the Sun & Reach for the Stars. It has the standard Amazonian clay product feel (creamy/smooth). The palette is a great neutral palette that has matte shades not only in eyeshadows (6), but a complimentary blush and two liners as well. I'm happy I picked this up, it's perfect for travel.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first experience with the Tarte Cosmetic line. I must say, I'm extremely impressed with it. I have oily/combo skin that makes wearing eye shadows a joke. Within 2 hours of application, I'm already creasing. I did not have an issue with creasing until the 5.5-6 hour mark, which is very minimal at this point. I can get a solid work day without noticeable creasing or fading. The texture is like butter. Applies with ease. The only issue I have is amount of product that kicks up in the pan when I put my brush in the product. Also with the blush, I have to use an easy hand or it can look a tad muddy on my cool fair skin. But all in all, I'm extremely glad I bought this palette. It was a toss up between Naked 3 or this. I'm not a huge fan of shimmer shades, so this seemed like the logical choice.

on 2/14/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nice to see a matte palette for those of us who don't like shimmer. If you thought that the UD Naked Basics palette was too yellow-toned, you might like this, as the colors are all rosy-toned. Very nice colors for winter and spring. The pigmentation of the shadows is excellent. A range of lights and darks make it easy to create a complete look.

The blush is such a nice surprise. I didn't expect to like it, but the color is so flattering and melts into the skin looking natural and pretty. It is actually my favorite part of the palette!

For travel, all you'd need to add to your makeup bag is lipstick and mascara.

Usually I find Tarte packaging to be tacky, but I really like the purple geode-inspired case.

Popular Palettes