Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It went well at the beginning. However, as time past, I did not like. It wasn't fitting for who I am. Understand? like a woman to a child make up, for the best example.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I selected the shade Light Ivory #091 and it is a good match for my NC15 skin tone. No pink. This foundation would be excellent for young, oily skin but it does show every dry flake. I like the tube container.

Pros: Light Ivory shade has no pink and barely oxidizes
Good coverage
Very matte, if you wish that effect
Appears heavy in tube but does not feel heavy on skin

Cons: A rather flat finish on normal or dry skin
Shows every flaky on dry skin
No sunscreen
EDIT: Alas, I have had to just use this as a concealer for blemishes because of the cakey-factor.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation gives a nice a porcelain matte finish, but I knew there might be trouble when it was hard to apply without accidentally moving it around. It just sort of sits on my skin and never sticks, with or without primer and setting powder. Oil creeps through and makeup slides around and gets patchy within an hour or two, but the mattifying agents in it cause my skin to start drying and flaking.

i bought this tube since i saw many many people on youtube reviewed it, including KathleenLight ( idk if i spell her name correctly :)
i bought the shade ivory and for an asian with olive skin tone like me, it's hard to find the right shade. anw at first when i put it on, i feel like it was too pink-ish for me, but after a while, it oxidized very fast and almost complete match my skin tone, also it covered pretty well all the spot i have.
THE PROBLEM IS, IT WILL MELT AWAY
i thought this product is stay matte and like its name, it's supposed to stay matte on your face the whole day, which it is not. no matter how i try to set it with my powder, even 2 COATS, under the sun, it stills melts away.
so i don't really recommend this for who lives in Asia, esp for those who live in half of the year under the sun :(((((( it's a good product tho

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually really like this foundation! I am an NC20, though fairly neutral, use this in the shade Soft Beige (200) and find that it is an excellent match. I apply the foundation with my fingers, which is easy to do as it comes in a squeezy tube, and it gives me a medium-full coverage and can be built up easily without looking cakey. It covers my freckles and any redness or imperfections very well. It is very comfortable to wear, it does not dry out my skin, feel heavy or clog me pores. The liquid mousse texture is very light and feels very natural on the skin. A little goes a long way with this product, so the tube will last you a long time! It is also very reasonably priced which is a plus. I have sensitive skin, and this did not irritate at all. I really enjoy this foundation and would 100% repurchase! It surpassed my expectations, and I find myself reaching for this more often than I reach for my Benefit foundation - which says a lot considering the massive price difference! This foundation stays matte throughout the day, but does not look cakey, fake or too 'done'. I would definitely recommend this product for girls looking for quality on a budget.

I bought this product hoping for a light, matte foundation. While it did keep me somewhat matte, for a whipped foundation, it is very, very heavy and cakey. The price is great and it's a pretty tube, I was just not happy. It did match my skin tone perfectly, and the color looked natural compared to my neck. I have oily, acne prone skin, and this foundation brought out my pores pretty badly. I think this would be a great product for those with small pores and skin that is less oily.

This is just one foundation that is okay. Looks pretty nice but nothing special or impressive. Not cakey though. At all. You can build this up and it will not get cakey. Overall just nice but something I wouldn't never be heart broken if I ran out!! Nice price!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was a really heavy product for my skin. When I say heavy, I mean really heavy. Like hard to breath, mask-like, full coverage heavy. If this is what you need, you might want to try it, but it's really too heavy for me. For a full face makeup for the night, I prefer Kat Von D lock it foundation.

The packaging I am not a big fan of. It looks cheap in a squeeze tube. I prefer foundations in glass bottles with pumps because I find it easier to dispense the right amount of product plus glass bottles are prettier to look at when displayed on the dresser.

The consistency is thick so you have to be careful to use only the smallest amount unless you intend to build up the product. It can become very cakey when you layer on too much. I say this gives a full coverage and if you are lucky enough to select the perfect shade, this could do well to conceal all your dark spots without needing a separate concealing product. The finish is unbelievable matte and silky smooth.

I got mine in shade True Beige and unfortunately it has the opposite undertone with my skin. Even if the product is cheap, I will probably not purchase this again. I think none of the shades fit me.

I initially bought this product because I saw my sister was using it and she has quite break out prone skin and she was liking it. Also because it was on sale.

However, the first day of wearing it, I noticed that you really only need the SMALLEST amount to cover your whole face. Its also quite hard to spread without tugging at your skin! The product really dried out my face and it cakes up really easily so be careful.

Cover wise, it had good coverage but it really made my dry spots stand out.

I did actually lose this product and I never repurchased it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review | Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation ? by SerafinBeauty

Rimmel Stay Matte Collection Review by LivingDeadGirl

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation~First Impression/Review by AlexaMarieMakeup

NEW Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Drugstore acne coverage foundation | Review of Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation by Natasha Ohara