October 21, 2014 | 1298 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Graceanator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im really sorry to seem like a downer but i think it is just too thick,it was very matte and that is good considering i have very oily skin,but its so thick that you cant even apply it with a powder brush,sorrry but im just not lovin it,also btw i am a teen so it happens but it made me break out

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by EmmaS123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I really like the product. I have fair skin with pinky undertones, so sometimes I struggle with foundations that make me look too dark or orange-y (even the paler ones sometimes). The 100 ivory works good for my skintone (whilst adding a hint of healthy colour) and blends well.
The product is a little thicker than I would normally opt for (coverage is pretty 'full'), althought as I tend to use tinted moisturers for day use, this is heavier than what I'm used to for day-to-day (the 'mousse' in the name is a little misleading for this reason). As a result, I tend to use this as a 'going out' foundation when I can go a little heavier than normal. This also works well tapped on lightly to cover any pimples or minor flaws.
My only faults with the product is that it does tend to sink into my fine lines (probably as a result of a heavier coverage) and it does try out my ezcema around my eye areas if used more than 1 day running. I think my next foundation will be the max factor age elixir to avoid sinkage into fine lines.
That being said, women under 30 - and those with blemishes or spot prone skin who want to avoid cakey concealer; this would be a better suited foundation.
I'd be happy to go back to this again, as the colour, blendability and price make this an overall good value foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by zoeylea

This product is just amazing. Before i found this i used Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in Light, which i liked but did make me quite oily by the end of the day. I visited a friend and she insisted that i try her foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte) in True Ivory. At first, i was doubtful because i had never had much luck with foundations, they either would melt off after a few hours, break me out or just feel 'icky'. The best foundation i had tried before this was Rimmel Wake Me Up, but that broke me out after a few weeks of using. This foundation goes on wonderfully with my Napoleon foundation brush, and as it's so thick, you only need the tiniest bit and just buff it into your skin as much as you can before putting more on, its very easy to overdo and turn out cakey. True Ivory fits me perfectly, though my neck is paler than my face so i have to blend it pretty well, though what i find works well is using my BB Cream on my neck. The first time i used it, we hung around the house for a few hours, went to the shops, walked around a while and went home, then went out to dinner later that night, no touch up needed after 10 hours, and it gets fairly warm where i am in Australia (and humid!) I wore it every day for the last week of holidays, then the first few weeks of school and it always lasted perfectly, not even shiny at the end of a long day. I dont use moisturser, primer, setting powder or anything like that, just wash my face, then foundation, eye makeup etc. This foundation has only broken me out once, when i wore it to school and forgot to bring makeup wipes for our game. I'm in the Girls Rugby Union team at school and we catch a bus directly from school to the venue. So after an hour of rugby, which is a pretty full on game, running around sweating, and having my face mashed into the ground, understandably, i broke out a bit the next morning, but i can't really complain about that. Apart from that, no issues. It hardly even feels like im wearing foundation, it doesn't get heavy or sticky at all and it doesnt even have that gross makeup smell that you get sometimes after a few hours. Just a really great foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by stars22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product and it really gave me a photoshop, matte finish that looked and felt smooth with medium to heavy coverage. There were just some problems that bothered me. The biggest was that it broke my acne out 100%. I am acne prone, but lately my skin has been glowing for some reason and I've been almost acne free with a clear complexion. When I used this product, by the end of the day I already had pimples coming in and the more I used it (four times to make sure), the more aggressive my pimples became. It took two weeks without using this to return to how I was before, and still now I'm working to get rid of a pimple or two. Thing is, I understand that it just wasn't compatible to my skin. It could be a great product, but it just wasn't compatible to the pores on my face and it clogged it all up, which is a real shame because this product was GREAT for oily skin (like mines). This isn't a product for dry skin. If you have dry skin, avoid this because it will sit on your skin and cake up and dry up. I know this because whenever I use cleansing pads to help my acne my skin dries up, and when I used this product the day after it was horrible and it just made my acne worse. So avoid this if you have dry skin, but give it a chance if you have oily skin. Your skin might be compatible with it and you might not break out. Every foundation is different and every skin type is different, so just goes with what works for you.
This is a thick foundation, so use it lightly. Don't pack this one on or build it up. Less is more here, or else it will cake up and it'll be obvious you're wearing a lot of makeup. Other than that, it's a real shame this product wasn't for me because I love Rimmel London products. Though their match perfection liquid foundation worked fine with me and I love it (I'm using it daily with no breakouts).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by eirelandogrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would like to note I am extremely pale and excessively oily. I ran out of foundation and without any time to go to Ulta I quickly picked this up at CVS. At first I was so impressed with the color and the finish. However it wasn't long before I was chronically breaking out in large whiteheads especially on the sides of my nose, not to mention how blocked my pores were getting. Since I had family in town I was indulging more than normal so I thought this was the reason. Until no amount of sleep, diet, taking care of my skin etc. would make a difference. When I finally realized and stopped using the product my skin began to clear up again. I advise using with caution if you are acneic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Rhiannonblackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This would be an okay option if it didn't slide around so much. Initially I enjoyed the smooth texture and slightly more thick consistency and it was fine for the first hour. Then it just started to slide off my skin and if i even touched my nose my makeup would just completely come off onto my fingers. It didn't help that it made my breakouts worse and my nose was super oily after using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ZURXZUS

I like it. But the only thing I don't like is that it makes you feel like you have too much make up on. And the product is very thick. And when it says shine control it basically is saying thick foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by LDean244

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS:
good coverage
easy application
doesn't break me out

CONS:
Doesn't stay matte (I only really get oily on my forehead, but it gets greasy on the apples of my cheeks even though this place never usually gets oily!)
'Shifts' on my skin (but every product seems to shift on my skin)
Leaves me looking like an oil slick after a couple hours, even in the middle of winter!
Clings to dry skin patches
Transfers

I've been using this product for about four months now.

I have acne-prone skin which can turn into cystic acne along my jawline.

I've put up with this product for a while now since I'm lazy, and only now after writing the pro's and cons have i realised how bad it actually is!
AVOID IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN. It cakes up around dry skin and makes it more prominent. However the overall coverage it good, and I guess you could use it as a spot concealer.

But tbh it's a quick and easy foundation for everyday use and if youre not that fussy or too lazy to go looking for a better foundation like me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by OneEvening

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never been a big fan of Rimmel and it's the only brand I make an attempt to avoid so far.
This product however is okay, depending on your skin and how you use it. It's either going to be great (if you are trying to conceal anything), or awful (probably for anyone else.)
This is definitely a lot heavier than liquid foundations and is easier to cake on. I bought it for thst exact reason, my face goes red at the drop of a hat ever since someone pointed it out to me, so I do tend to pile on a tonne of makeup in a hopeless attempt to hide it.
I definitely think it works as a concealer, but it is also a bit dry, and I have open pores and a few wrinkles so it did appear cakey.
I now just use it on occasion to hide acne marks and under eye shadows rather than over my whole face.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Lauratron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Avoid like the plague!
I'm on a search for my HG foundation. I have very pale Irish skin, with an oily t zone. So far the best foundation I've tried is Kat von D Lock IT foundation, but as I'm in the UK it's extremely hard to get and costs about £35. I'm after something a bit more budget friendly, and this is high street and costs under £6 so I thought I'd chance it. What a mistake!
I got the lightest shade, light porcelain 010. First impressions were 1) it's not porcelain (quite pinkish!) and 2) in no way liquid. this is 100% a mousse.
After putting it on let me tell you, not only would I not go out with this on, I wouldn't even wear it round the house. I have never used a foundation that looks so bad in all my 28 years. This cakes like no other and clings to lines and dry spots I didn't even know I had. Around my nose and upper lip.... I can't even describe how caked on this looked.
I'm afraid I can't tell you what the wear time is like, or even if it does in fact stay matte, as every time I tried it it looked so awful I immediately took it off again. Awful.