July 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation. It's what I've been reaching for since I've added it to my stash. I love that it's matte and stays matte throughout the day and holds up in the heat. I don't get melt down face. It is a drier formula so I always moisturize with Cerave before use. It's buildable so you can get full coverage from this... and it's lightweight. It works wonderful on my skin. I have a touch of rosacea on my nose and deal with the oils breaking down my foundations and concealers throughout the day. With this foundation as a base I can use most any concealer on my trouble area and not have break down till late afternoon or early evening depending on the weather. It is easily touched up with a dab of concealer and a tap of Coty Airspun powder.

I plan on using this to make it through the hot and sweaty days of summer. Super affordable and works well for my skin type. I don't think it would work well for dry skin however.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Carliithaa

I've heard soooo many good things about this foundation that I decided to give it a try. I liked the package, very practical. Can't beat the price, of course. The color range is very bad. All of the shades have a pink undertone. When I first put it on it looks flawless (even though it doesn't match my natural color) Texas heat is horrible and having a job where i'm always running around I need something that will hold through the whole day. i only get 2hrs of wear. After that, I get VERY oily!! By the end of the day I end up being a grease ball!! It feels so disgusting on my face that as soon as I get home I wash my face. Defently not a fav for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by marbels1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Initially I really did enjoy this foundation, but as I later came to learn I was blinded by the price and the promises of a matte finish. As someone with extremely oily skin and large pores I am always in the lookout for a matte foundation that doesn't sound like it will clog up my pores or break out my skin. While this did offer a matte finish at first and it didn't break me out, there will still some very large downsides. This sinks into my pores almost immediately, making them look even bigger. Also, it oxidizes and turns a light shade of orange on my skin. And no matter what it looks cakey within two hours as the oil form my skin begins to become noticeable. As I sit here wearing it, I'm also beginning to realize it feels very heavy on my skin and almost itchy a bit, but if I dare try to touch my face it'll transfer it'll transfer like crazy. Mind you, I always set with a light bit of powder and a mattifying spray which usually keeps everything from transferring and sliding around but this ridiculous. Overall, it was good at first but then the flaws began to outweigh everything I used to love.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Vonne092

Bought this for the price, it was so cheap and I was in desperate need of a new foundation. I bought the lights shade possible as I am very fair. The application was wonderful, and initially it looked flawless, however a few hours later it had shifted and discoloured in areas. I primed and set with my usual products.

I tried again and had similar results. Ended up giving to my sister who has darker colouring than me and it looks stunning on her, although she also doesn't get a super long wear out of it.

Overall I think this product is touch and go.

Pros:
- It is very full coverage and a little goes a long way.
- Fantastic price.
- Has an initial matte and flawless finish.

Cons:
- Prone to moving around the face, even with setting.
- In my experience it did not last anywhere near long enough to be an all day wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahhanzz

For the price this is a good product but I have found that it crease on my forehead, under my eyes, and my smile lines and does tend to bring out dry patches. My main worry was that it would be orange and it's not so that's a big plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Holagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product and for its price its even better.i got mine in the color true beige and its perfect color for me,The 2 things that i don't like about this product it that at the end of the day i look kinda orange n i look kind if oily.every thing else is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by amethyst02m

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in LIGHT PORCELAIN and it's a GREAT match for my skin. In MAC I use NC15, even that is a touch dark because the liquid oxidizes, the powder stays fairly true, though not a perfect match. Nars' Siberia matches well, but turns orange on me like pretty much every liquid foundation does! EXCEPT this one. I've been using this for weeks now and I'm shocked at how true to color it stays without turning into an orange mask! I like the feel of it, it's light on my skin, but gives good coverage, which I need. If you're pale leaning towards neutral undertones, give this one a shot, it really doesn't lean too pink or yellow, at least not on my skin. Recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddict86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hey everyone,

So I picked this product up on the weekend at my local Shopper's Drug Mart ( Canadian store ). It was on sale for $ 5 and is like around $ 8 normally. So I picked it up after playing with the testers in Walmart to see what matched. I'm 100 Ivory in this product and I have combination skin and a huge love to test different Foundations. So having been excited to try it I decided i'd test it out today. I applied this around 3 PM and used my Beauty Blender and it blends fairly well. It DOES accentuate dry patches big time. I seen small dry patches I never knew existed !. I do allow this product to set before applying a very light setting powder over top. I'd say as of right now it lasted about a good 5-6 hour roughly without looking too crazy. I touched it up, went for a walk returned. I'm noticing it's very shiny and is starting to crease around the sides of my nose. For a product that is supposed to be more matte it makes me question why it's making my combination skin much more oily looking. I'm clearly not going to repurchase, but will keep using it to see if any improvement is possible. I always give products a few shots to impress me. I will check back IF there is any magical changes in how this wears. Oh and another point I wanted to make is that it doesn't look natural by any means. However if you blend like a mad woman with a beauty blender it can look much better then just a masky look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

this foundation is absolutely amazing... better than many foundations i've used and for the price it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bribri1531

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I loved this for a long time, but The times when I wore it sometimes people said it looked cakey and not natural. However I had a color that didn't match my skin very well and I may have put on too much. I found it so matte that it was a little tricky to blend concealer into the skin also. I wanna try it again however, since it was very good coverage. I just wouldn't say it looks natural at all.