Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 2/14/2015 11:19:00 AM

My very scarred skin looks flawless with this foundation (and the stay matte powder to finish) I have been searching for a fix and I'm so glad I finally found it! Especially for such a low price!!!

on 2/13/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product did not help me stay matte even with powder. Also the color range is not good. The color was pretty pinky.

on 2/13/2015 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm sorry but this product sucks. It smells funny, it's sooooo thick, settles in fine lines, and has no colors pale enough for me. I could not blend this out at all and I looked cakey. It also clings to any dry patches you may have. This product may work for super oily people but definitely not anyone with even the slightest bit of dry skin.

on 2/13/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and have tried everything from Laura Mercier, Shiseido, Bare Escentuals, to NYX and NYC. I was in the market for a new winter foundation and tried this product after I saw a decent review on Paula's Choice. I was not about to spend a lot of money on yet another foundation that didn't perform well. I've got a small case of atopic dermatitis on the sides of my nose thanks to MUFE Mat Velvet (big surprise!!). Anyway, this foundation does not irritate my skin, dermatitis, or cause any nasty cysts, even when I wear it the whole day. It has a very matte finish, but it isn't drying for my skin type. If you have dry/combination skin, this foundation isn't for you!!! The only downsides to this product are 1. it comes in a very limited number of shades (the second lightest color is a perfect match for me) and 2. you have to use quite a bit to achieve a medium-full coverage (which is fine by me because it's so darn cheap). I know others have talked about how you have to blend it quickly because it dries so fast, but I don't have that problem, and I don't need to use a primer with it.

Definitely worth a try if you have oily skin and have not found your personal Holy Grail. At less than $6 for 1 oz., what have you got to lose!!

on 2/12/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I apply it with my beautyblender and blend it out really well otherwise it'll look too heavy but I love the finish on the skin.I have a lot of acne scars and this covers them perfectly. I'm oily and this does keep me matte for quite a while. Its very well priced and easy to get out of the tube. I took this and my estee lauder foundation when I went to Hawaii and ended up using this one most of the time. Highly recommend!
I'm NC20 and I use color 103 True Ivory

on 2/12/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used to swear by this product, but now I feel like it's too heavy on my skin and ends up making my skin look pasty and fake. The one good thing about this though is that a little lasts a long way and it took me AGES to finish it.

on 2/1/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

It's very thick. So apply this thinly. A nice medium coverage. No more because it will cake up. Overall it's decent for the price. Not spectacular but a total dud.

on 1/31/2015 10:25:00 AM

I heard so many good reviews about this product so I had to go out and buy it. I already had the stay matte pressed powder so I bought the primer and foundation to go with it. It looks nice if you don't focus too much on someone's face, however, if you take a picture with flash on it shows everything. Coverage is awful, it makes my red spots less red, yeah. But it makes my skin look flakey although it isn't and I'm extremely pale but most colours are too light for me. It's really cakey as well. I personally don't like it and wouldn't buy it again.

on 1/27/2015 11:15:00 PM

Coverage is nice, and I like the light mousse formula, but I have combination oily skin and I'm a nurse so I sweat a lot at work. I found that this foundation doesn't really keep the oil or shininess at bay. By mid morning my t-zone is a greasy mess, even after setting with powder. I've yet to find a foundation to meet my needs!

on 1/27/2015 4:24:00 PM

This foundation is beyond cakey. I wanted to gag the first time I put it fully on. That being said, it's decent when mixed with my facial lotion and a makes really good concealer. It does stay matte for a very long time and matched my skin color fine. I could only image using it for its intended purpose as theater makeup though.

Video Reviews & Tutorials