Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

3.8

on 4/22/2014 5:22:00 PM

I have a perfect horror of the loud, impossibly vulgar shades of l/s which are, regrettably, so much in vogue these days. I mean, never mind that orange-hued l/s are common in themselves (always have been; that's why they were never very popular, until today) now they have to make them neon, too! Oh, well. As with everything fashion, this too will pass.

Anyway, as you can imagine this puts me at a painful disadvantge when it comes to trying out novelty l/s. I love the idea of lip stains so I was browsing the Revlon Lip Lawyers the other day. I recoiled from most of the colors, until I saw Coy. I bought it, more to check out the consistency than anything else. Well, I love it. On me, this is a very wearable brown. It is warm enough to avoid the flat, greyish, dull look that you risk with most browns. It is also surprisingly adaptable. I can wear this with any color of clothes and it goes well with all of them.

I like the texture, too. Shiny, but not gooey. Not drying. Sheer, but with enough color. I do recommend it.

on 4/19/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought "Whimsical" on a whim - after seeing ads for it and Emma Stone wearing it.
Keep in mind that my coloring is nothing like hers - but the is cool-toned bright fushia had the gloss and ease of application.

Unfortunately there is also a mint/menthol component that makes my (already dry) lips sting.

Not fun.

Oh the things we do for beauty. Good this it was only $8.99.
Love the color though - and nicely pigmented - unlike the CoverGirl Gloss Balm which is way too sheer. (But not minty).

I chose the Lacquer Balm in Ingenue, a sheer brown-pink nude. The silver glitter is subtle but catches light, which makes my lips look fuller, and the finish is shiny without being too glossy or metallic. I wouldn't call the color "bursting" and it mostly disappears on me within an hour.

I am always looking for the perfect "Bardot" nude and, though the name helps, I think Ingenue qualifies as a solid drugstore option on me. It's versatile, polished, and a little sexy. I just wish it lasted longer.

on 4/7/2014 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
I have 6 all in total.
2 matte balms
2 just bitten kissable balms
2 laquer balms

honestly I am planning to buy more!!

My favorite lip product by far! Its perfect for a girl who loves vibrant color pay off as well as amazing lip hydration. Its literally the perfect thing to carry around and apply for day to night.
REVLON, KEEP MAKING MORE!!! I am obsessed.

on 4/4/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wonderful product ! For those who are fans of Just Bitten Kissable, you will love these lacquer balm. I have Vivacious, it is a bright pink in a shade you don't see that often, very flattering, definitely draws attention to your lips. Go ahead and dare to wear it, you won't regret it !

on 3/28/2014 3:12:00 PM

I liked many of features of this: nice feel on the lips, medium-translucence, low-gloss. Unfortunately, I couldn't quite like the color I picked, which was 150 - Enticing. On the back of my hand, it looked like a reasonable brick-red, but somehow on my lips it morphed into a bright coral-rose sort of color. I tried it a lot around the house, thinking I maybe just wasn't used to the brightness, but I finally nixed it as being too... I don't know what, just too something.

Will return this color, but probably try to find another shade that suits, because I did like it overall.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Bought this in Coy and it has become an everyday fave. Coy is a sheer rust shade with micro flecks of sparkle. The texture is perfect - feels like a good balm and not too shiny and sparkly. The color lasts and goes on perfectly smooth and even. It does leave the sparkles behind as it wears off. It's fairly sheer but close to my complexion, so it works as a MLBB + sparkle shade. Usually I would hate the glitter, but in this shade it's not too obnoxious. Starts off slightly minty just like the just bitten balms. Wears well and reapplies without getting clumpy or crusty looking. The pencil shape is nice for quick, mirrorless application. Big recommend!

on 3/17/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The balms that do not have much (if any) glitter are Provocateur, Tease, Ingenue, Coy, Vivacious, Flirtatious, and Enticing. I have worn Enticing all winter and it is one of the most flattering reds I've ever found. Provocateur is it's sensual red sister. I've tried a lot of chubby stick balms and the Lacquer Balms are one of the most shiny that doesn't bleed or stray from your lip line.

on 3/16/2014 11:57:00 PM

I have these in the shades vivacious and flirtatious which are two very pretty and wearable shades of red. These are very nicely pigmented with a pretty glossy sheen. The smell is a pleasant minty scent. They do not dry out my lips and have a decent wear time. I do plan on trying more shades in lighter tones.

on 2/18/2014 9:14:00 PM

I got this in Coquette. The color is pretty, but that's the only good thing about it. There are chunks of silvery glitter that get everywhere, it has no staying power, and after an hour or so, my lips felt like they were coated in glue that wiped off in chunks. Ugh, worst lipstick I've used in a while. I rarely return cosmetics, but this one is going back.