October 21, 2014 | 865 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I have these in the shades vivacious and flirtatious which are two very pretty and wearable shades of red. These are very nicely pigmented with a pretty glossy sheen. The smell is a pleasant minty scent. They do not dry out my lips and have a decent wear time. I do plan on trying more shades in lighter tones.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Coquette. The color is pretty, but that's the only good thing about it. There are chunks of silvery glitter that get everywhere, it has no staying power, and after an hour or so, my lips felt like they were coated in glue that wiped off in chunks. Ugh, worst lipstick I've used in a while. I rarely return cosmetics, but this one is going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by klw1982

I have the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Tease (#130), a reddish orange shade that isn't too bright. I wear this color to work. My skin tone is fair with pinkish undertones, and I have blue eyes and blonde hair.

The chubby stick makes it so easy to apply without a mirror.

My lips feel sort of tingly afterward, which I like. (This may bug those that don't like mint, though.)

I was surprised by the staying power of this one. Most glossies wear off my mouth rather quick, but these last pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really love my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Lovesick," so I decided to try one of the Colorburst Lacquer Bombs. I purchased "Vivacious", which is a bright, punchy pink. I find that the color is a little too intense for daily wear. It doesn't look natural. It will probably be good for those nights out when I want to bring my look up a notch.

For every day, I prefer the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by happyisbeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GOD INGENUE IS BEAUTIFUL. The most flattering, wearable, moisturizing nude color I have ever used. I lost it and I'm going out tomorrow to buy another, I love it that much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have this in whimsical and the rest are mattes and whimsical is a cute colordark fuschia color with blue undertones. Has a litle shimmer but not bad at all or have you looking like a disco ball. This os cute for a teenager or someone starting out with makeup other than that, I would not repurchase because the color did not last on my lips, Iit starts to wear off an hr or so after applying even if I dont eat or drank anything. I will be going back to my MAC and Sephora lipsticks, no more drug store lippies for me,

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by LoveHeatherette2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to give this 3.5 lippies because I like the ones I have but I wouldn't purchase any more shades or repurchase if I ran out (which is very unlikely)
Shades- 10 total, I have the shades Coquette (a light bright blue toned pink) and Flirtatious (fuchsia). Coquette is my favorite of the two.
Claims- Revlon claims, "A lacquer finish that's beyond brilliant. Balm that's beyond comforting. Our triple butter complex of Shea, Coconut, and Mango butter nourishes lips."
Scent/Flavor- Peppermint but I don't think it's strong and it doesn't linger on the lips.
Pigmentation- light to medium depending on the pigmentation of your natural lip color
Texture/finish- Smooth shimmer (some shades have glitter). These tend to stick to dry patches and accentuate lines.
Lasting Power- 2 to 3 hours with out eating or drinking. Will disappear when eating. Not kiss proof. These may leave behind some shimmer on the lips.
Packaging- Twist up jumbo lip pencil. Metallic packaging that isn't the most accurate representation of the actual color of the product (It was a turn off at first)
Price/ Availability- $6.50 at Target $10 at CVS (may vary depending on store and location)

I do personally think this is a dupe for the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster because they both have sheer/buildable coverage, contain shimmer, do not stain. I am not sure if any colors are dupes but the formula is super duper similar. (I own both and compared them on my lips)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by cnaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product. I got the shade Enticing and it's a deeper red with blue undertones. The pigmentation is decent. The colour looked darker than how it applied but it was still a nice buildable colour. I didn't expect it to be super pigmented anyway because it's a "balm". I especially love how moisturising and comfortable to wear it is, I also love the glossy finish. The packaging is great and there's a nice minty scent to it. It's not that durable, however. I would definitely try this out if you want a glossy lippie that's moisturizing and easy to apply and don't mind reapplying it during the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought one of these in Enticing after lusting over them online.

Compared to Revlon's original balm stains, this is much more slick. They are somewhere in between the original balm stains and the lip butters. They have the same, minty scent of the original lip balms stains, and no minty feel.

Enticing is medium red. It almost looks like it has a very slight, cool tone to it. This does have a slight shimmer to it as well (maybe even glitter, but not overpowering or cheap looking), and leaves a somewhat glossy look on the lips, which is exactly what it's going for. This feels really great on, and lasts a long while. Once the glossy look wears away, I find myself left with a hint of color left on my lips.

These are great on the go. I can usually apply one of these without a mirror. The packaging is identical to the original balm stains, and the matte balms, but it's shiny on the outside.

As much as I think these are great, they are very similar to the lip butters in feel and appearance. Since I have products this is similar to, I probably wouldn't repurchase these. All of the colors I would lean towards are very similar to the Revlon Lip Butters I already own. If they came out with brighter colors, I could be on these in a heart beat!

Edit 01:16:14
I hate the shimmer they put in these, so I took a lippy off. Once the color fades, there's always shimmer left behind.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got the color "Enticing". I am not impressed at all. I thought it would have more pigmentation than it did. Turns out I got the color mixed up with another I had seen a review on. It's a sheer red that reminds me of ketchup. Not something I want on my lips as a color. The "lacquer" wasn't impressive either. It didn't look any different to me than the normal balm stain but without the pigmentation and staying power. I would not be willing to try any more of these lacquers but I will be trying the "matte" version.