August 21, 2014 | 2161 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by chop_stiks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love my FIJI Essie. It's the only polish I wear the full week and not get sick of. The application, as with all Essie, is heavenly. Don't cut corners and not use a top coat, it does make the difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to use Essie Fiji just now for probably the second time. I found it to be a challenge to apply for 3 reasons: less than effective brush, streaky, and gummy. The formula just does not disperse well during the application process and pools on the nail bed and then streaks on each digit. I realize that there are glowing reviews here about this particular product, however, I am simply stating my honest and humble evaluation after using the product. If you have Fiji, perhaps you'd best take it with you to your professional manicurist for application.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

I picked this color up on a whim, because I loved the color in the bottle and I love Essie polishes, but I was not impressed. Though the color is gorgeous, it is difficult to apply without making a streaky mess or having a very thick coat that takes forever to dry. I even added quite a bit of polish thinner to my bottle, hoping it would help in the application process, but it wasn't helpful. I desperately wish the formula of this polish was better, because I really do love the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

This is one expensive nail polish! But I love it because I always know I get what I pay for; amazing color and quality. I am absolutely in love with this color! I am wearing it on my nails right now and love it. Perfect shade for every season, especially summer :) it is not streaky in my opinion and goes on smoothly. It is so perfect and I am considering re-purchasing it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by pixietrixie

This would get 5 stars if it weren't a pain to apply. The color is unlike any on the market, but it's too streaky and difficult to put on. It's not a far stretch to say it's almost like a streaky white out.

However, if you purchase it from a store like Wal-Mart that goes through stock quickly, chances are good that you'll pick up a bottle that hasn't been sitting there forever.The trick is to use it fairly often so it doesn't get sticky and thick. It's a fair trade off for having such a feminine, flattering polish.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by SHEMP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do love the shade/color but this is entirely too hard to apply myself. It's messy and thick. I would advise going to a nail salon if you want to wear this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by ohboyitskayla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite nail polish in the entire world! It's the perfect shade, goes on beautifully, and lasts. I love the opaqueness of it. Can't say enough good things about this polish!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kaalo13

I am convinced that I must have purchased a defective bottle, as the formula was a horrible, streaky mess that wouldn't become opaque after 7 coats. I have heard such good things about this polish, and the colour is beautiful, so I was really surprised when it just wouldn't go on nicely on my nails. I might purchase this colour again to see if the formula is better, but if it is anything like the bottle I have I will not be repurchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Sydera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh Fiji. What to do with you? This is my favorite nail polish color ever, but I just can't apply it right. I have negligible manicure skill. The first time I put it on, it reminded me of when I was a kid and used to chew bubble gum, ball it up into dots, and put it on my fingernails to pretend I had a manicure. Gummy is the exact right word. So I practiced, and I got some angled q tips to clean up my cuticles, and things got better. Still, I tend to put Fiji on my toes now, so at least my gummy-looking paint-smeared cuticles are farther from my face. The color continues to be magic on my skin tone (pale with yellow undertone) and very work appropriate. If I ever got manicures I would take Fiji with me to have it applied by a competent person!

I need three coats to get rid of streaks. Fiji does not chip easily, but it does show imperfections in the application. It's sort of the consistency of white out, and streaks can happen. I've never kept it on my hands long enough to get much tip wear, but I've left it on my toes for as much as three weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Ashliebella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate pinks cause I can never find the right shade, but this is the only one I'll use. It's my perfect pink. Very soft. Not at all obnoxious