December 18, 2014 | 1614 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by periwinklebow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a longtime Essie fan, and this polish is one of my favourites. It looks fantastic with any skin tone, and even better with a tan! The formula of this polish is absolutely horrible. I apply nail polish all of the time, and I cannot quite figure this one out. Fiji is a white based pink, so it becomes streaky and chalky. I love the colour, but I only use it when I go to the salon.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite natural opaque pink shades EVER! However...this color is extremely difficult to work with. It is streaky, clumpy, thick and takes a long time to dry. I honestly only wear this color when i take it to the salon for a mani/pedi.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by icollen8nr7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The colour is amazing. It's almost a white pink but it definitely dries very thin to the point where it chips quite easily, the only way to avoid this I've found is to add a thick top coat which dries fast and seals it all in or to literally apply a LOT of coats, the formula could be improved but the dry time has not been an issue for me.
As I said, the colour is amazing, the only other similar colour I have found is the shade Nebline by Maybeline Color Show, but that gets tremendously gummy and difficult to apply quickly, both Fiji and Nebline get sticky on the nail and brush I feel, but the colour just looks amazing, not sure whether I would class it as a nude but it is definitely beautiful.
Once you've applied it well it makes the nails stand out opposed to many other pale pinks out there and I've received a lot of compliments when wearing it from people as it's such an unusual, neutral and flattering colour.
I would buy it again if I lost it because of the effect it has and how pretty it looks under almost every glitter I have tried, I recommend pairing it with China Glaze 'Nova' on the ring finger as I feel they compliment each other beautifully, but over all the colour is stunning and application can be an issue but easily overcome with 2-3 coats in my case.
Love it and it's all worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by HeatherRV

I have a love/hate relationship with Essie
I liked the colour, so I decided to buy it
The mixture is so gloopy and I have to add 3 thick layers to it otherwise, it is very streaky.
Also, it chips easily!
So this is the last essie product i'll ever buy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a light pink that looks white, really pretty and versatile. I'm like an olive, warm colored person an this maks me look tanner, in my opinion, which is nice.
and as all essie products, dries quickly(:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by chop_stiks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love my FIJI Essie. It's the only polish I wear the full week and not get sick of. The application, as with all Essie, is heavenly. Don't cut corners and not use a top coat, it does make the difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to use Essie Fiji just now for probably the second time. I found it to be a challenge to apply for 3 reasons: less than effective brush, streaky, and gummy. The formula just does not disperse well during the application process and pools on the nail bed and then streaks on each digit. I realize that there are glowing reviews here about this particular product, however, I am simply stating my honest and humble evaluation after using the product. If you have Fiji, perhaps you'd best take it with you to your professional manicurist for application.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

I picked this color up on a whim, because I loved the color in the bottle and I love Essie polishes, but I was not impressed. Though the color is gorgeous, it is difficult to apply without making a streaky mess or having a very thick coat that takes forever to dry. I even added quite a bit of polish thinner to my bottle, hoping it would help in the application process, but it wasn't helpful. I desperately wish the formula of this polish was better, because I really do love the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

This is one expensive nail polish! But I love it because I always know I get what I pay for; amazing color and quality. I am absolutely in love with this color! I am wearing it on my nails right now and love it. Perfect shade for every season, especially summer :) it is not streaky in my opinion and goes on smoothly. It is so perfect and I am considering re-purchasing it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by pixietrixie

This would get 5 stars if it weren't a pain to apply. The color is unlike any on the market, but it's too streaky and difficult to put on. It's not a far stretch to say it's almost like a streaky white out.

However, if you purchase it from a store like Wal-Mart that goes through stock quickly, chances are good that you'll pick up a bottle that hasn't been sitting there forever.The trick is to use it fairly often so it doesn't get sticky and thick. It's a fair trade off for having such a feminine, flattering polish.