Essie Fiji

3.5

on 3/2/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Essie Fiji is one of my FAVORITE nail polishes so far. This white based pink color is opaque and not even tricky to apply as it can be with other polishes of similar shades. It's streaky on the first coat but the second coat fix that all! This shade is perfect for spring/summer season, especially when you're a bit tanned. Must have product!

on 2/28/2014 10:29:00 PM

I love the colour and experienced streaking/slight sheerness with 1 coat which was completely evened out with the second coat.

on 2/23/2014 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite nailpolish for my toes! I have a tanned skin and this one made my feet looks classy and clean.

on 2/5/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

ADORE this colour so much. Its the perfect combination of feminine & casual all bundled in one. Since I bought this colour I havent stopped wearing it. I had to force myself to take a break so I might well have to get a back up soon - just incase its discontinued.

Opaque in 2 generous coats, lovely glossy finish. Perfect for all year round. I love it more than your average french manicure too.

Highly recommend!!

on 1/30/2014 5:22:00 PM

I love the colour of this polish. They are quite expensive, but I really wanted to try Essie nail polishes, so I chose this colour.
I took off one lippie because it makes tiny bubbles (they aren't that noticable, but they are definitely there), whether I use it with a base and/or top coat, or with none-just the polish on its own. I think for that much money, it definitely shouldn't do that.
But I still like the colour, the wide brush and the glossy finish, so I would buy again :)

on 1/26/2014 3:49:00 PM

Not sure if I just got a dud or what but the formula for this polish is horrible! Very streaky and thick and sticky.. I tried multiple times to use it but it's just really un-userfriendly.. Im not sure how a polish is thick AND streaky but.. I wouldn't recommend this polish which is unfortunate because it's a really pretty color.. I recommend a similar color like Muchi Muchi.. Its a little tiny bit darker but has a way better formula.

on 1/1/2014 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this color! I bought several back ups because I just could NOT stop wearing it! Its so delicate & feminine that it can be worn 24/7 365 days a year! It was streaky on the first coat but the second coat fixed that right up! I can never get my polish to last more then 3 days no matter what combo of base/top coat I use, so I can't judge for wear time. I love wearing this on my hands & pairing it with another Essie polish favorite Jamaica Me Crazy on my toes!

on 12/26/2013 9:06:00 PM

The color is really nice, but the brush on essie nps are so tiny and almost impossible to apply. The color is gorgeous when you take your time and really work with it.

on 11/16/2013 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Essie Fiji is one of my favorite pastel pinks. I am NC55 and even I can pull it off. This is the color that looks good on everyone. The only downside to this polish is that you have to practice applying it or better yet know how to apply it. It's a streaky mess if you don't apply it correctly. Here's how: 1. Apply your base coat. 2. Apply one light coat of Fiji (don't press too hard down on the brush, do very light long strokes); Let that layer dry. 3. Apply a matte top coat...let that dry (NYC, Sinful etc) 4. Then apply another layer of Essie Fiji (let that dry for a couple of minutes). 5. Apply your favorite fast dry top coat and you've got it. A beautiful application for a beautiful color...or any pastel color at that.

on 11/14/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I am a longtime Essie fan, and this polish is one of my favourites. It looks fantastic with any skin tone, and even better with a tan! The formula of this polish is absolutely horrible. I apply nail polish all of the time, and I cannot quite figure this one out. Fiji is a white based pink, so it becomes streaky and chalky. I love the colour, but I only use it when I go to the salon.

Popular Polishes