August 22, 2014 | 1051 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Vice 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by beccaFTW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Seriously fantastic palette, I would definitely recommend this to anyone, if you're a beginner with cosmetics or a seasoned makeup veteran, this palette covers all bases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UD always suckers me in with the amazing colours they come out with in their LE palettes, and just generally. I really had no intention of buying this palette as it is large and awkward to store and use in the small space I have available. But there were 4 or 5 colours that I REALLY, REEEEALLLY liked and then Sephora had their 20% off event and they were out of the other thing I wanted to buy and this palette is such an amazing value, even without the discount, so I caved and bought it.

What a good purchase this is turning out to be (well, as good a purchase as any frivolous accessory/non-necessary type item can be). I got this especially for the colours Stash, Derailed, Radar and Ambush (can you tell I love neutrals?) but I've been so pleasantly surprised by all the other colours in the palette. Obviously (for anyone who knows UD), many of the colours have sheen but I like a bit of glow in my shadows. What's surprising is the number of matte and also great blending/transition colours in Vice2. And to my surprise, I really like Strike, a yellow gold, which I find to be very different from Half Baked. It looks amazing on the inner third of my lids with Stash on the outer 2/3 and Derailed in the crease. A great look for fall. The 2 purple shades are so beautiful and Prank (a unique dark blue) is stunning. There seem to be 3 variations of the "black" theme and so far, I've only used Poison, which looks like a dark, blackened green but applies more like a really rich, deep browned black and makes a great smokey liner look.

While the case is large, it pretty much has to be to hold the TWENTY eye shadows inside. It's nice and solid and NOT cardboard (like BOS) and NOT hard to open (like the 15th Anniversary palette) and has a nice, big mirror. If I had a larger makeup area, the size wouldn't be an issue but even with it being a bit big, this is a great palette for travel since it has all the shadows you could possibly need for any kind of look from natural to classic to dramatic. Texture is terrific on almost all the shadows - pigmented, smooth and minimal fallout (though it IS UD and so there IS glitter fallout with one or 2 of the shades). All in all, a really good value.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this and the first but this one did not disappoint for me one bit. I really love the case and how no one is the same with the lacquered finish and the jewel UD on top. The brush is fine I'm not complaining but I never really use them. The eyeshadows are another story of course so here's my opinion on them now that I have played with this bad boy a bit.

-Smokeout~ Really nice dark taupe thats good for the outer V when doing a smokey eye. The shade is highly pigmented and blends really well.
-LoveSick~ I love this shade applied really tight on the lash line. To me it's black but better because the micro glitter looks really nice on.
-Shellshock~ Is one of the best silvers made period. It's buttery and has crazy colour payoff I use it for lining the part of my eye I want to standout more or in the tear duct it looks great.
-Coax~ Love this pink with the gold undertone for some reason I though it wouldn't work because I lean cool but no this is awesome to pair with X-Rated. Amazing lid colour, super soft and great payoff as well for me.
-X-Rated~ I love this baby pink I actually do not own a baby pink so I'm very happy with this. it's a great shade to mix with a dark eye. The hint of colour or just on its own is super pretty. Has good payoff for such a light pink too.
-Prank~ Another fav of mine I love the floating turquoise this shade alone is amazing and will be excellent for the summer or I like it as a liner. I love doing a purple eye and lining with this. Super payoff and excellent texture.
-Madness~ This is my favorite of the 2 blues this one is just amazing in terms of payoff and looks amazing on. It has a beautiful micro glitter and it just is an awesome lid colour or liner.
-Strike~ One of the first golds that looks good on my skin tone.I put this on half my lid and Madness on the other looks amazing together. Great liner and corner eye highlighter as well. Great payoff with this colour too.
-Stash~ I adore this eyeshadow! Like the liner it's awesome and it looks amazing on. I can see myself hitting pan with this shade it's so versatile and looks great with any colour eye. It really makes whatever shade you are stand out.
-Poison~ Truly is a charcoal and the micro glitter I like in it. I like how the darker colours have some life to them in this palette. You only need a little bit the payoff is very good.
-Radar~ I like this brown with the micro glitter in this and has a beautiful gold undertone. This brown is super pretty and not very typical which I like if that makes sense.
-Damaged~ This is a very dark emerald with like a light green that shines through very pretty green with good payoff. This is another good shade pared with Stash or Radar.
-Voodoo~ Love this purple it's like a taupe-y purple with all these colours mixed in from the micro glitter. It's an amazing eyeshade that I pair often with Betrayal.One of my fav's in this palette.
-Betrayal~ My fav of the bunch it reminds me of Morphine eye pencil in that it gives a super ethereal look. With a purple smokey eye this colour is a must have for me that I use on the lid as well as a liner. I would get this in a single without a doubt. I'm a purple lover and the blue shift is just gorgeous to me.
-Derailed~ Great smokey eye shade. It's a nice brown taupe that is really nice as a crease colour when done light or for the outer V it looks great.
-Dope~ Love this as a highlighter it is great on the brow bone. or to tone down other shimmery colours and for blending i like it as well. Very pretty champagne reminds me of Sin and BootyCall but on the warm side.
-Toxic~ I love all the pinks in this and this shade is no exception for me. It has great payoff but doesn't apply as dark as I would like. Still beautiful as a wash on the lid or would compliment any look really.
-Habit~ Standard matte basic nude that I love for blending and highlighting the beginning of the brow bone then using Dope on the other half. Great colour to have with good payoff and feels soft and buttery.
-Ambush~ It's a coppery brown that is very pretty for cool toned ladies as the undertone isn't so warm. I like that I can wear this on my fair skin. makes a great liner and lid shade with Radar over it, it looks awesome too.
-Rewind~ Brown matte that is very soft but a little chalky when blended out it looks awesome. I like it for my crease.

So if you have the first one should you get this? Yes, because I find I use both together actually. That may sound crazy or other MU junky's I'm sure can understand. I love it though and the colours are awesome to me and this is something that I as a palette collector had to get. This was a must buy for me and if you do not own a lot of UD this would be good to get. If you have a ton of palettes like me well welcome to the collection my little friend I have been waiting for you;) Buttery,pigmented, and beautiful! So Recommended!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't picked up a UD palette in a long time, this one seemed
different yet the same as their usual releases. It's quite colorful
across the board and you should not get tired of this quickly.
A lot of shimmer in this palette, shimmery jewel tones seem to
dominate. I am not a fan of the pink shadows, or the several iterations of black shadows and this has a few of those.
Other than that this palette has some really standout shades,
and all 20 are touted as being "brand new".
I can't pinpoint any specific dupes but if you have a handful
of their palettes all ready you probably can come close
to many in here. I have the Alice,Naked 1,&the Naked Matte
palettes.So it seemed unique enough for me to get it. If you have a ton of UD palettes I would perhaps
skip it because the shades are unique but it is ground
they have all ready covered before or come pretty close to any way.
A major selling point for me is the packaging it's the nicest
palette packaging I have now. You press the side bar button
and the top slowly pops open, it is a quality sturdy case
that will really protect the precious contents. Not to mention
highly attractive! I marked I would not re-purchase because
I simply become bored at some point and move on. Hello,
Naked 3! :)
Update: If you LOVE Stash 24/7 you need to try the Stash
shadow in here, it is amazing! My favorite shade in the palette
hands down. It was worth it just for this shade. I hope
they make it a regular permanent color. A gorgeous shimmery
antique green with gold nuances. A+++ UD!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Urban decay has really been obsessed with pink eyeshadow lately! I'm completely fine with this since I love pink eyeshadow and wear it out on the regular, but I can see it turning off a lot of people. Thankfully, there are a lot of other great colors in this palette. Once again, Urban Decay doesn't disappoint with the quality of the shadows - creamy, buttery, smooth, and pigmented, as usual. There isn't a single color that isn't as pigmented/opaque as any of the other colors. Some of my personal favorites are Derailed, a shimmery taupe color, Stash, a very pretty mossy, yellow-green, and Coax, a shimmery baby pink. The price is expensive but definitely more than reasonable for the number and quality of eyeshadows that you get.

The packaging is also great - I love the purple design on the front, the full length mirror, and the fact that it feels sturdy. The only thing that I would say is that if you have the vice 1 I don't think the vice 2 is worth it since the colors are pretty much the same just moved around.

Other than that, get this while it lasts in stores ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. I needed a nice colorful palette in my collection, sok I went with this one once I saw it came out! There are 20 shadows: mattes, satins, shimmers, duochromes, and hardcore glittery shades. the palette costs $59 USD, so you're paying $2.95 USD before taxes for each shadow. Which I think is totally worth it! The packaging is a beautiful purple-pink pattern with the UD logo as a gem on top. It opens slowly with a button and has a mirror under the entire lid, which is very nice. The included brush is okay... I like my MAC brushes better, though. My favorite color in the palette is betrayal. It is a beautiful plummy purple with a blue duochrome and the effect once on the lids is mezmerizing! I'm obsessed with this shade and go out of my way to work it into different looks. The only shade I don't like so far is rewind. It looks like a nice transition shade in the pan, but I've found that it looks muddy and dirty on my skin. But I have plenty of other transition eye shadows, and 19 other shadows in this palette to enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by londonlady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well its Urban Decay! What is there not to like. I missed out on the first vice palette and sure hell weren't gonna miss this one. If you like your colours then this one's for you. Great colours, great pigmentation the usual that you'd expect from UD. Great to see a couple of matt shades added to this collection too.My favourites are: Smokeout a shade if you want to add darkness and a little drama to the outer v. Voodoo, beautiful bluetone purple. Love my purples. Toxic, peach based shimmer great for natural look.Just be careful of Shellshock. Very very little needed to apply to brush. They are all beautiful colours. Just enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by bizzarra

This pallett.. it takes my breath away every time I open it. I have to admit that I am a very impulsive buyer. I tend to fall in love with possibilities, thinking to myself 'I know I can get that look if I really try!' So I try, and fail, try.. and fail. So much make up has been tossed to the side because I felt I simply could not learn. I has discovered Naked2 during one of my hauls and I fell in LOVE with UD. They blended so easily and beautifully.. i could not believe that I had made my eyes look so beautiful. But.. alas.. Naked2 is a nuetral pallett and I live my life in vivid colors. I found myself using the pallett once a week and sticking to single shade bright shadow the rest of the week. Every time I had ever attempted to blend and create with bright colors, it turns in to a giant, foggy mess with TONS of fallout. I had given up. At least I knew I could be a nice nuetral if I wanted to.
Then.. all my dreams and prayers were answered. I found Vice2... It was love at first sight. I bought it purely because it looked sooo beautiful and i would not have minded just looking at it every day. I first tried shellshock and madness and I still cannot believe that it the look I had aimed for just fell together perfectly. Absolutely. Perfect. I was in tears and am still in awe. I have tried several looks since then and they have turned out perfect. Every. Single. Time. I am so happy and thankful to have found this pallett. I am 23 years old and I feel like I have finally caught up to those perfect girls in high school who seemed to have born knowing how to use a makeup brush.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

If you are a person that loves color shadows, than I suggest you get this palette before it's gone! Urban Decay states that these are "one of a kind" shades but NOPE DUPE ALERTS IN THIS!! Yes, I found a few dupes and similar shades to what I already own but not a lot. I only own three other UD palettes (Naked 1, Dangerous and Feminine). Also, if you like mattes, you won't be too happy here. Vice 2 only has two true matte shades which are Rewind (medium warm brown) & Habit (peach nude). All other shades have either low shimmer, medium shimmer or large sparkles.
DUPE 1: Vice 2 shade - Vodoo & Dangerous palette shade - Gravity. Both look the same in pan and swatched.
DUPE 2: Vice 2 shade - Derailed & Feminine palette shade - Lost. Both look the same in pan and swatched.
DUPE 3: Vice 2 shade - Strike & Naked 1 palette shade - 1/2 Baked. Both look exactly the same swatched.
SIMILAR 1: Vice 2 shade - Ambush & Dangerous palette shade - Deeper. Both are very similar in color. Not worth having both if sold separately.
But, still a very good palette. All shades are highly pigmented and truly amazing. The cost is $59 but you are getting 20 fabulous shades so I find it worth it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really happy with this palette. I knew I would be happy with it, but I've found myself using it most days for the last few weeks since I got it. It's very versatile and a variety of looks can be created with this palette. The neutral tones and even some of the less wild colors are great for work. In addition to using the taupes, creams, and browns, I've also used the pinks and the olive green color for work. There are some beautiful jewel tones like the green, teal, and purple shades. The black / almost black colors are complex with sparkles of other colors in them. The dark colors are great for shadows or as liners.

Some people are complaining that it's $60 but there are 20 shadows and the quality is excellent! I love how blendable and pigmented UD shadows are.

I also like that this has a large mirror that I can use as needed. The brush is pretty good but I do have favorite eye brushes that I use more often.

I missed out on Vice 1 because I was on a no buy last fall and I'm really happy that I was able to get Vice 2!