July 28, 2014 | 2053 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I like allure EDP a lot, the EDT is OK as well, but the EDP develops more, is more complex, and lasts longer. I am a fan of most of Chanel's legacy perfumes, and I know Allure is a modern one that ticks a lot of people off, but I still like it very much. It's definitely strong, but I love seriously strong EDPs, my skin eats perfume like no other so the stronger the better IMO. It's definitely a largely floral scent, but it's grounded with a decent muskiness and warmth, which is how I prefer my florals. The EDT smells mostly the same at first spray, but it doesn't really go through the stages that the EDP does, I know some people prefer it because it's a tad weaker (thought it still has incredible staying power). Allure Sensuelle is basically super musky Allure, I like that as well, again, it lasts FOREVER, definitely a powerhouse perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Csarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this fragrance, especially for some reason in the winter. I got a lovely surprise the other day. We have a recession here in Ireland, well theres one everywhere now I think, and I was in Marks and Spencer having a mosey around for presents. My eye and my nose caught sight of their perfume counter, and there was one there called Sensuale, so I sprayed the tester. Lo and Behold, it is an exact dupe of Allure. Seriously guys, this is hot. I got a 30 ml bottle for 8 euro and if you buy one you get a second for 4 euro. I gave the second bottle to my friend, who is in love with it. Nothing beats the real deal, which I will of course continue to buy when I can afford it, but in the meantime if any of you have a Marks and Spencer near you, try their perfumes, you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Sorry meant to just edit the review. I just laughed out loud there at BrigitteBardot "I can't stop smelling myself when I wear it" hee hee

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Oh, I LOVE this fragrance! My housemate wore it once and I was like 'what are you WEARING, IT'S AMAZING!' and she let me know. I ordered it online because I couldn't find it anywhere in retail, so I got it slightly discounted, but it's a very expensive, lush perfume. Unfortunately, I am a little allergic to it so I can't wear much or often, otherwise I would. It's truly divine and luxe!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by katemechin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this perfume, so chic and fresh!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells a lot like plastic to me. Leaves and plastic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an overpoweringly sweet scent. Too average, no depth. Very ordinary.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I'm reviewing the EDT version. I have to agree with the warm/sensual descriptions. Very lovely fragrance! I'm not sure if it's my #1 fave, but it is a gorgeous scent. I can't stop smelling myself when I'm wearing it! Hands down one of the best Chanel perfumes!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MUAdays

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunatly, Allure doesn't do it for me. I love the packaging, I love the attitude, I also love the base nots and became good friend with the floral part, but the fresh-fruity lemon start is just. not. for. me. On my skin this part comes out quite squeezy, sporty and simple, and after a few tries I realize that there is no hope for a soon change.
The scent is too expensive for waiting an hour before even getting along with what you wear, so I decided to give it away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by crysna

I got the EDT, more lighter and wearable than the EDP! Both are fabulous but i love the EDT, smells like heaven, sophisticated, feminine and sexy! U never go wrong with chanel!!! Opens a bit sharp, the comes with a very flowery smell well balanced! Perfect for a cocktail, day party or a date with my amore! Will buy it again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by desertr0se21

I'm not a fan of the older 'classic' Chanel fragrances but I adore Allure! I love the soft floral and Amber notes and the scent just continues to evolve throughout the day. A very sexy and nicely understated perfume!