September 1, 2014 | 1984 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by troodos

I bought and wore this when it first came out and although I can't bear to part with it, it's a Chanel for heaven's sake, it must be good ;) I never wear it. It feels a little dated somehow. Beautifully crafted with high quality ingredients but somehow it sits for me between exciting vintage and fruity modern. Lovely nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's allure and well yes it's alluring
classy as every chanel fragrance...
floral and very white floral but fresh and not soft...but not too strong
this is not what i'm looking for but it's nice.

Chanel coco mademoiselle is better...more citrusy and younger.this allure is more mature but not too mature as chanel coco.
I just hate the vanilla composition, smell like mosquito repellent cream but allure blends well...so it smells classy.but it is not too strong as what YSL cinema is(YSL Cinema contains more vanilla note)
i love the drydown and let it dripping lightly and diffuses...very soft and classy...make me want to sniff it again and again...
it smells more citrusy in outer but soft on wrist...
trust me it will send you to heaven...

three words for this allure :

Bold
Feminine
Classy

It's suitable for evening occasion ....

one more, it's long last

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I like allure EDP a lot, the EDT is OK as well, but the EDP develops more, is more complex, and lasts longer. I am a fan of most of Chanel's legacy perfumes, and I know Allure is a modern one that ticks a lot of people off, but I still like it very much. It's definitely strong, but I love seriously strong EDPs, my skin eats perfume like no other so the stronger the better IMO. It's definitely a largely floral scent, but it's grounded with a decent muskiness and warmth, which is how I prefer my florals. The EDT smells mostly the same at first spray, but it doesn't really go through the stages that the EDP does, I know some people prefer it because it's a tad weaker (thought it still has incredible staying power). Allure Sensuelle is basically super musky Allure, I like that as well, again, it lasts FOREVER, definitely a powerhouse perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Csarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this fragrance, especially for some reason in the winter. I got a lovely surprise the other day. We have a recession here in Ireland, well theres one everywhere now I think, and I was in Marks and Spencer having a mosey around for presents. My eye and my nose caught sight of their perfume counter, and there was one there called Sensuale, so I sprayed the tester. Lo and Behold, it is an exact dupe of Allure. Seriously guys, this is hot. I got a 30 ml bottle for 8 euro and if you buy one you get a second for 4 euro. I gave the second bottle to my friend, who is in love with it. Nothing beats the real deal, which I will of course continue to buy when I can afford it, but in the meantime if any of you have a Marks and Spencer near you, try their perfumes, you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Sorry meant to just edit the review. I just laughed out loud there at BrigitteBardot "I can't stop smelling myself when I wear it" hee hee

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Oh, I LOVE this fragrance! My housemate wore it once and I was like 'what are you WEARING, IT'S AMAZING!' and she let me know. I ordered it online because I couldn't find it anywhere in retail, so I got it slightly discounted, but it's a very expensive, lush perfume. Unfortunately, I am a little allergic to it so I can't wear much or often, otherwise I would. It's truly divine and luxe!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by katemechin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this perfume, so chic and fresh!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells a lot like plastic to me. Leaves and plastic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an overpoweringly sweet scent. Too average, no depth. Very ordinary.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I'm reviewing the EDT version. I have to agree with the warm/sensual descriptions. Very lovely fragrance! I'm not sure if it's my #1 fave, but it is a gorgeous scent. I can't stop smelling myself when I'm wearing it! Hands down one of the best Chanel perfumes!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MUAdays

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunatly, Allure doesn't do it for me. I love the packaging, I love the attitude, I also love the base nots and became good friend with the floral part, but the fresh-fruity lemon start is just. not. for. me. On my skin this part comes out quite squeezy, sporty and simple, and after a few tries I realize that there is no hope for a soon change.
The scent is too expensive for waiting an hour before even getting along with what you wear, so I decided to give it away.