Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

on 7/4/2015 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

One word: AMAZING. I was struggling with what base to wear during summer. The last thing I want during summer is wearing full on foundation. I had the following requests: very lightweight, mattifying, perfect color match AND have a brightening/radiant skin effect. I stupidly bought 2 bb creams before this one (one was oxidizing and turning orange and the other one was too heavy coverage) . I wear the medium one (I am quite tan now). This one fits the bill, believe me I really struggle with oily skin during summer and today I wore this WITHOUT powder, went shopping at 12 pm in heavy heat weather and when I got home my face was still not oily. WOW. Absolutely recommend.

on 6/23/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this stuff at first, but after a little bit it made me break out the worst I've ever broken out! I had pretty smooth, clear skin when I started using it but now I have full blown acne with bumps everywhere!! It feels a little bit heavier, but I like full coverage so I didn't mind. To me it felt very watery and it always felt tacky, even with a powder! I'll never use this stuff again, but be careful if you do!

on 6/22/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not bad for a drugstore BB cream. The shade Light/Medium is a good match for me in the winter and too light during the summer but medium is too dark for me. As expected, it only provides light coverage but with a good concealer it's enough for me on most days. The consistency of this is a thick cream like most BB creams and can feel heavy sometimes.

Pros:
- smooth, "whipped" texture, blends easily
- light/medium coverage
- natural looking
- lasts all day

Cons:
- non-mattifying (shiny in 2-3 hours, which is normal for me)
- heavy-feeling (feels cakey, but doesn't look cakey)
- limited shade range
- doesn't "set", feels tacky if not topped with powder

Overall, I would recommend this to those with normal/not oily skin. It works okay for my oily complexion if I set it with Rimmel Stay Matte and blot periodically.

on 6/20/2015 11:48:00 AM

I love this stuff! I have pretty clear skin but when I wear some foundation it makes me break out and I don't like the cakey feel. This feels like a moisturizer. This stuff says it clears skin and I believe it. It is not super heavy coverage, but definitely noticeably healthier brighter looking complexion. My husband actually told me that my skin looked really good one day, and all I was wearing was this. And my husband doesn't notice things like that often. It does not control shine, but gives a very nice glowing look to skin. I love how light this feels, and it stays on until you wipe it off! I have been sweating for hours before and my skin looked great and I came home and washed my face and couldn't believe how much was still on. I am a repeat customer. Try only covering one side of your face when applying to see the difference. It's natural looking so at first I felt disappointed until I did the half face and immediately realized it did more than I realized. I do usually cover with a powder to set, and mattify and give extra coverage, but it is great stuff.

on 6/13/2015 1:12:00 PM

Kinda orange (light to medium shade)

on 6/12/2015 12:29:00 AM

Love this product i wear it almost every single day.
Looks natural, blends in with your skin really nice to apply.
Only negative thing is that it does make your face either a bit oily at times or it comes off fast. Still love it

on 6/11/2015 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Initially when I first purchased this product I was in love with it. Cute packaging. Love that it's got SPF. Very creamy, easily blended and can be easily built up for a little more coverage. The shade medium is a perfect colour match for me. It's great for days when I don't feel like a full face of makeup or I'm just popping out to the shops for a bit. The only thing I am not loving is how quickly my T-zone gets oily with this in winter, I think due to the fact I moisturise my face morning/night more religiously than summer. I find I'm an oily mess after only 2-3 hours of application, even when I set my face with powder. Second time I've purchased this BB cream. I'll keep it for summer months but might look around for a more matte BB cream to use in winter.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Best BB Cream Ever!!! I had recently discontinued birth control & my skin went through the worst change ever. Breakouts, dark marks and uneven skin tone. Since using this product my face has dramatically cleared up! At first when i didnt see any changes right away from using product I was discouraged but still continued to use. I still havent made it through entire bottle and my skin looks amazing! I apply bb cream after moisturizer and under foundation. Sometimes i just wear it on my 'natural' days and set it with a powder. My skin is brighter, radiant and clear. I suggest every female purchase!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. It works well as a primer under other foundations. It's a really nice light foundtion/bb cream/whatever. I use this on natural days where I want something light and natural. Looks like skin. I set with powder and it holds up pretty well on a normal day. I'm out right now, but it's on my list to repurchase when I need something like this again.

I have VERY dry, sensitive (occasionally acne prone) and yellow toned skin. "Medium Sheer" is the probably the best color match I have EVER found at the drugstore. It isn't too pink toned, and the yellow shade doesn't oxidize into orange. The color is actually *perfect* for my NC27 skin. That's definitely a HUGE plus for me.

I mentioned that my skin is DRY. I have dry skin but I can get clogged pores. My larger pores can be super congested but my skin will still be dry and flakey- never shiny or "greasy/oily" in appearance. When I apply product to my skin, it almost never blends out smoothly without setting on my dryer areas. This BB cream blends easily over my entire face. It is buildable on my super hard to work with skin. Normally building up product on my face leaves me CAKEY. This is honestly the smoothest application and gives me MEDIUM coverage with the first layer.

The consistency of this BB is like a liquid mousse. It is a lot more lightweight than the liquid mousse foundation that Maybelline also carries. It is not only lighter, but the finish is a lot "softer." I would say the Dream Liquid Mousse foundation has a more satin sheen, while this Pure BB Cream had a soft matte cream finish. It is very blurring and angelic looking!

I will forever repurchase! Love this product more every time I use it :)