Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this bb-cream because I was hoping to find an every-day base since I don't want to put foundation every single day ( twice a day ). I honestly do not like the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream 8-1; in the first place it doesn't keep its promises: it doesn't hide what should be hidden, it doesn't minimize pores or purify the skin, it definitely doesn't cover redness and last but not least it doesn't adapts to my complexion. Also, whenever I put this on I can FEEL it all day long. It's wet and kind of stiff. I won't buy this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a pretty good one if you're looking for quite a light~medium coverage.
For reference, I have quite pale skin at the moment with yellow/olive undertones.
I use the shade for this BB cream in light/light medium tint. I had no problem with getting this BB cream to match my skintone, as it's quite sheer. It also has a good undertone that looks too pink when its initially dotted around the face, but once I blend it out it matches perfectly.
I use this BB cream just down the center of my face (focusing on my chin where I have darker, more pigmented skin) and it brightens and color corrects perfectly.
Overall, I give this product a 4-4.5/5 lippies. Here are my reasons for not giving it a perfect 5/5.

Pros:
1. It's SO easy to use. I slap it on with my fingers and it looks great/
2. It color corrects my skin, and evens out redness.
3. It doesn't make me TOO oily. I still get shine, but that happens with everything I use.
4. I don't have to use a brush with it.
5. It was easy to find my perfect shade.
6. I love the squeezy tube packaging.

Now here are the cons. (They're pretty minor but still good to keep in mind)
1. It's sheer, so I don't use this to cover up serious hyper pigmentation spots from my acne)
2. It doesn't have the best oil control. So judge this product by your skin-type.
3. There aren't that many shades, so I don't know how this will work for people with very deep skin.

The cons are pretty minor, but if you're on the fence about purchasing this or not, keep them in mind.
Overall, I like this for everday use!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this for summertime because for me having a medium to full coverage in the summer is too much.
I am not certain I will be buying this again.
But then again I was and still am uncertain about BB/CC... creams.

I started out loving this, but after a while I didn't really like it anymore, I would find the durability not so amazing, and face was shining bad after a day.

HG face product for me. I have been using this since late summer, and at first I felt kind of "meh" about it, but now I love it and use it almost every time I leave the house. I wanted to try this for a long time, but it took ages to find it in a light enough shade.

I have very fair, sensitive, combination, acne prone skin, and my face is usually red. It's almost impossible to find a drugstore product that's light enough for me, but this is sheer enough and fair enough to work. It's a little lighter than the other BB cream from Maybelline (I have both in the lightest shade), and a thicker consistency.

I usually wear this over moisturizing sunscreen, then top it with ELF's correcting powder (my favorite setting powder). It evens out my complexion a lot and even minimizes the redness of any acne I have.

I've found that using this alone doesn't help with shine, but when I top it with the powder it really does. I usually like using a setting spray instead of powder, but for something this lightweight, the powder works fine. I was surprised that it didn't irritate my skin because it has salicylic acid. It does make my cheeks a little dry, but not to the point of flaking or anything. I'm not sure if I could use this in the winter, though, because it might be too drying then.

Pros:
Fair enough shade for my skin
Doesn't irritate my skin
Doesn't make me break out
Evens my complexion
Isn't cakey
I like the squeeze tube
Not very expensive
Better coverage than I expected

Cons:
Limited shade selection
Looks oily after a while if it isn't topped with powder
I wish it had sunscreen
Sticks in my eyebrows more than my foundations for some reason

Overall, I like this product and I will probably purchase it again (if I can find it).

I brought this thinking that it would be good because of the reviews on here I will never buy this again it makes me look so shiny even with powder you can see all my pores it's not worth the $15 I paid it makes me look extremely orange too and I have the lightest shade

I can only assume from the 5/5 reviews here that I was using a different version of this BB cream because the one I had was horrible! It smelt like hot plastic; was a really unpleasant shade of beige (despite the fact it's meant to be for fair skin); left my face looking orange; did nothing to conceal imperfections or minimise the pores; and once it dried, it settled into all the places you don't want a cream to settle into!

As for it being aimed at oily skin, I would heavily debate that claim. Yes it's got Salicylic Acid in it, but at 2% it's never going to give amazing results. The claims on the back of the packaging are pretty innocuous too, but I guess these are the reasons Maybelline are able to claim it's an 8-in-1 product.

For me this wasn't a good BB cream; it did nothing for my skin other than make me look orange. Disappointing product and would not repurchase.

I am absolutely heartbroken! I ran out and went to buy another tube only to find out that it has been discontinued! Why Maybelline? Why????

I discovered it last year, during my summer vacation, while it was so hot and humid that anything I put on my face just melted off. I hate BB creams that smell like sunscreen, so the only one I could find not smelling like that was Dream Pure BB cream and I fell in love with it, so much so that I kept wearing it instead of foundation. It's light, it evens out any redness, its scent is not unpleasant (which is a big deal to me), gives a nice matte but natural look. All in all, a great product. I bought 3 tubes and now that they're finished I don;t know what to do! I bought the pink one (for normal skin types) and its horrible. Its super oily on my skin, smells differently, it's just not good!

plz hear my cries Maybelline! bring it back!!!!!

I just joined the BB party. I've been having problems with my acne recently and was looking for a tinted moisturizer with salicylic acid. I picked this up on a whim last month since it sounded similar to the Neutrogena Skin tint that I used for years until it was unfortunately discontinued a few years ago. I love this product. But I believe it may have been discontinued. Maybe only in germany where I live. A few enthusiastic Amazon sellers have it listed at 50€ a tube?!? I can't find it anywhere local.

Love this product absolutely my holy grail BB cream! Use this alone as a foundation sometimes and it is sooooo lightweight and blend able. I have oily/combo skin and it keeps me looks ugh fresh and awake without making me oily :) love love

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to hate this bb cream. After using it however I realised it was perfect if you wanted something to just even out the skin with just a light coverage. I wear it to school and work now whenever I want people to think I just have naturally even and smooth skin, just do not expect it to cover up an acne marks. On my oily skins this lasts all day. What annoys me the most is that I can only seem to find two shades; light and medium, which is unfortunate as my skin can get quite dark. Maybelline should up its shade game but other than that good bb cream.