December 21, 2014 | 1669 users online

Lips - Jordana - Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product in the shades Candied Coral and Cranberry Crush ($2.99 each) at my local Walgreens when they were first released, and I LOVE them! These balm stains are highly pigmented, long-wearing, and are of great quality!! I wouldn’t say they are very moisturizing, but they are not drying on the lips either. They last a few hours (longer than a regular lipstick) and do have a “staining” effect that lasts throughout the day. They fade evenly- no patchiness!!
The two shades I own are pretty true to the color of the packaging. The shades are opaque and you can easily build them up to be darker/bolder; they have a subtle shine on the lips, but no shimmer. They do have a noticeable fruity scent, but I don’t find it offensive. I like these more than the Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains, and these are only about 1/3 of the price! I highly recommend picking up some of these- great shade selection!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by asianpandaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I needed long-wearing lip products for my school days, I tried this on a whim and got Terra Crave. The color is very pigmented and it goes on moisturizing. The color does not match the packaging at all--instead, it is brighter. I find that throughout the day, this made my lips peel and the color came off in flakes. I truly do recommend putting a balm under and over this. Also, the color seems to get more vibrant and brighter as the wear time increases. Other than that, it truly is a stain--I find it extremely hard to get ALL the product off. I took off a lippie because it made my lips peel.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a few different colors, but I wear Rock N Rouge the most. They are really affordable for a balm stain, and some colors last even longer on my lips than the more expensive ones from Revlon. They go on smoothly, and the color is really pigmented. They are a little drying, but they go on nicely over a light lip balm. My only major issue with these is that the color of the packaging is not the same as the color once it is one your lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Sunegulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good highly pigmented product, a little drying but that can be corrected with chapstick or lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by TheresasThoughts

I got terra crave, honey love, and cranberry crush. And let me tell you. This is all I ever reach for anymore. They're pigmented. They last. They add shine and then fade to a beautiful stain. My everyday work color is terra crave and if I want to amp it up just a tad I go for cranberry crush. I am a lip junkie and these are by far the best. They're cheap too! So it won't hurt to misplace them. 1 mac lipstick or 5 of these glorious things? 5 please!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by ladyflickermua

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I own this but in the color Tropical Frenzy its nice creamy and pigmented! and has a nice smell to it! xoxoxoxoid buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh, I was so excited to find these. I wanted to love them, because I love my Revlon Balm Stains so much but they're 9 bucks apiece. I ventured out to Walgreen's and got lucky.

I bought Honey Love and Rock N Rouge. These are decently pigmented and glide on smoothly. Rock N Rouge in particular is a pretty color; Honey Love is fine but nothing special like MLBB on me.

I can't tell you how long they last because the SCENT definitely lasts. It's a sickly sweet fruity smell and it's persistent and I couldn't stand it. If this were the only alternative to the (in my opinion) overpriced Revlon Balm Stains, that would be one thing. But now Wet N Wild and NYC make versions of the same thing.

Sorry I can't give more information but I had to get the smell off my face. It's nothing I'll hold against Jordana, because the price was so awesome and because I got a terrific Jordana red lip liner during the same trip.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by SStar777

I did not like all the colors, but I loved it's coral shade and honey shade. I just loveeeeeeeeeee its honey. Also it is very difficult to find right coral shade and I think jordana balm stain - candied coral is just the right coral shade. I love its quality and pigmentation and yeah also the price!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have purchased 4 of them: sweet pink, candied coral, terra crave and honey love. i will give you a general review and then to the colors. i am so glad that my nearest HEB (tx based grocery store) revamped their make-up area and has given jordana, e.l.f and nyc more room and extended costics that was only available in certain stores. down to the review.... i have both revlon, moodlipstick (one from sallys, they do stain) and nyc. i love the staying power of revlon and the mood ones but at the 2.99 pricepoint i was easily seduced. after using them for the past 2 weeks. love love love their staing power, how theyir feel on my lips and the price. the only downside is that the color you buy does not necessarily translate of your lips. i understand if you buy something the looks pink, you want it to be pink.....not hot pink or purple. but also the color will depend on your lipcolor, to a degree. here's therundown of the colors and my result. terra crave= when you look at and apply it is a beautiful pink brown lippie. something you would wear to the office. but 2-3 hrs later pinkish purpleish. beautiful color....but not the color i wanted to purchase candied coral= beautiful pinky peach lippie...and it stay that way the entire time. sweet pink= beautiful neutral pink...stays that way entire time honey love- a mauvy pink lippie. i will say for the first time ever in my life HOLYGRAIL LIPPIE! i have finally found a lippstain that is my lipcolor, but better! makes my lips supper pouty with out trying so damn hard. will purchase this color forever! i know some ppl love to throw the mlbp lippie...becareful what may be perfect for me wont be for you. however....do give these stains a try. the stay put for a good 4 hours, may feather a bit but who cares! they are 3$ not 30$! highly reccomend!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by loveover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have the red color, Rock n' Rouge. It's nice, light, smooth, and fairly glossy. It is decently moisturizing. I like the smell a lot. It's a very subtle nondescript fruity sweet smell. At first swipe it's sheer, but could be built up to a slightly pink based red. It lasts only for a few hours after application, but tends to transfer really bad to anything it touches. I would rate it higher if it didn't bleed and feather like a mofo on my lips. Overall, if you don't have problems with lipstick feathering on you, this is a really nice light balm stain for a good price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No