March 2, 2015 | 1045 users online

Lips - Jordana - Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by WorthlessWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have Candied Coral and Honey Love. I had to order them from Ebay because they're only available in stores in North America.

Honey Love is a beautiful natural/dark nude colour. I love it. It evens out my lip tone yet the changes are not drastic at all. I wear this as an everyday product, the colour is work appropiate and inoffensive. People might not even notice you're wearing make up.

Candied Coral is a very pigmented pink/ slightly orange colour. It's a big contrast with the rest of my face. This is definitely noticeable and suited more for evening or club wear. I personally find it a bit too much for everyday wear.

Overall, I really like the Jordana balm stains. They do what they promise. These moisturise very well compared to other balm stains. The Revlon Just Bitten stains for example really left my lips dry and chapped. This is not a problem with the Jordana stains. The pgimentation of the Jordana stains is really good. The texture is nice, and I find that the product last quite long, also because you don't constantly have to reapply. The colour will easily last me 8+ hours.

I do have one minor problem with the stains though. They tend to fade easier in the middle part of the lips. After a few hours of wearing, and especially if you've been eating or drinking, there will only be a coloured outline on your lips. Like you used a lip pencil and forgot to colour your lips in with actual lipstick. I don't mind this that much because reapplying solves it easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always been curious about these chubby lip pencil/stains. I was considering getting one from Clinique based on a recommendation from a work colleague. I saw Jordana launched this recently as saw it on a shopping trip.

I bought the shade "Honey Love" because I usually use or gravitate towards rosy/mauve tones on a daily basis. Let me say, I love this.

The colour is saturated but the consistency of the balm is light. Given the coverage, you may expect the formula to be heavy, but this is not the case. It applies smoothly and evenly like a balm but with the coverage of a lipstick. The formula reminds me of the Revlon lip buttters but the Jordana is much lighter.

I also appreciate Jordana's ability to create a stain in the form of a balm with some gloss too. When you think stain, you automatically think of dry lips. This is not the case. It's moisturising upon application and my lips remain hydrated for about 3-4 hours or until I eat /drink something. But the colour does adhere to the lips after eating/drinking or when the balm/gloss wears off. And even then, my lips are not very dry. The stain does not feather, dry out the lips or reveal cracks or dry skin (if you didn't ex foliate your lips).

I love how it twists up too. The point remains for quite some time so there is great precision during application.

I think this a remarkable product from Jordana which is my new HG and I have set aside my former HG, UD saturated lip pencil in Naked.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Art4Cara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the one in Terra Crave a few days ago, my very first venture into the newer chubby crayon formats for lipsticks out there. While I loved the color going on, for some reason my lips really turn a strange brighter pink after it's been on for more than a few minutes when using this, which does NOT go with my warmer complexion. But I've had other things do the same thing on my lips so it must be my body chemistry, and the fact that my lips are pretty pigmented anyway. It's also a bit too drying on my lips, and I had a hard time getting past the somewhat plasticky, sweet smell, which lingers IMO. However, I'm really sensitive to fragrances of certain types anyway. I really wanted to like this as it looked like the right color and the price couldn't be beat either at less than $4. Alas, I had to toss it after giving it a few tries:(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by habana

I have this in Honey Love, which is a really nice MLBB color on me. It glides on smooth, is pigmented and gives a nice shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Melk98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these I have all the colors and love them all then are my hg

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product in the shades Candied Coral and Cranberry Crush ($2.99 each) at my local Walgreens when they were first released, and I LOVE them! These balm stains are highly pigmented, long-wearing, and are of great quality!! I wouldn’t say they are very moisturizing, but they are not drying on the lips either. They last a few hours (longer than a regular lipstick) and do have a “staining” effect that lasts throughout the day. They fade evenly- no patchiness!!
The two shades I own are pretty true to the color of the packaging. The shades are opaque and you can easily build them up to be darker/bolder; they have a subtle shine on the lips, but no shimmer. They do have a noticeable fruity scent, but I don’t find it offensive. I like these more than the Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains, and these are only about 1/3 of the price! I highly recommend picking up some of these- great shade selection!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by asianpandaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I needed long-wearing lip products for my school days, I tried this on a whim and got Terra Crave. The color is very pigmented and it goes on moisturizing. The color does not match the packaging at all--instead, it is brighter. I find that throughout the day, this made my lips peel and the color came off in flakes. I truly do recommend putting a balm under and over this. Also, the color seems to get more vibrant and brighter as the wear time increases. Other than that, it truly is a stain--I find it extremely hard to get ALL the product off. I took off a lippie because it made my lips peel.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a few different colors, but I wear Rock N Rouge the most. They are really affordable for a balm stain, and some colors last even longer on my lips than the more expensive ones from Revlon. They go on smoothly, and the color is really pigmented. They are a little drying, but they go on nicely over a light lip balm. My only major issue with these is that the color of the packaging is not the same as the color once it is one your lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Sunegulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good highly pigmented product, a little drying but that can be corrected with chapstick or lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by TheresasThoughts

I got terra crave, honey love, and cranberry crush. And let me tell you. This is all I ever reach for anymore. They're pigmented. They last. They add shine and then fade to a beautiful stain. My everyday work color is terra crave and if I want to amp it up just a tad I go for cranberry crush. I am a lip junkie and these are by far the best. They're cheap too! So it won't hurt to misplace them. 1 mac lipstick or 5 of these glorious things? 5 please!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No