July 25, 2014 | 1898 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Darah168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love / hate relationship with this lipstick. The color comes of pale in my lips. It is indeed nude. It looks good when I top it off maybelline lip plumper in 605. But I do know a perfect dupe for this one its by L'oreal - fairest nude. They both have the same finish. But I find the L'oreal last longer than Mac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has got to be my favorite lipstick of all time. It's my "go to shade" and I think it just looks so flattering with any look, dramatic or subtle/everyday look. I wore this to a wedding the other day and was asked several times what I was wearing on my lips! It also smells great, of course, the MAC traditional vanilla scent. I will be repurchasing this when I run out of it. Again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

at first i hated this, but then i layered it over stripdown by mac and it looks good! its nothing special but atleast now i can get some use out of it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This lipstick was such a disappointment to me. I swatched it on my hand and that was my biggest mistake as it looked rosey, natural and very nice. However, when I tried it on my own lips it was so unflattering! It gives me an unhealthy look, kind of sickness complexion. Anyway, Im using it as a cream blush and it looks ok on my cheeks, but of course, that was not how I meant it to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only bought this from mac because each purchase of the viva glam lipstick goes 2 charity the HIV aids fund!! Its a nice lipstick and colour but i just h8 satin finishes. I love amplified creme and cremesheen finishes from mac because they are so creamy and lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

I love this lipstick! It reminds me of loreal fairest nude for sure! The texture is nice, since it is a satin, and color payoff is great as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by tankiisk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got this lipstick through the post today and I had no idea what to expect from it due to so mixed reviews, especially from fair skinned girls like myself. I suppose fair skin can also vary in shades and the lipstick may look different on each type. For reference, I'm fair skinned with strong yellow undertone.
I was looking for a nude lipstick with pink undertone somewhat pink beige colour that isn't too light and will not wash me out. Considering that MAC offers a huge selection of nude lipsticks it was extremely difficult to choose the perfect shade and the formula. This is a satin formula, which is my favourite. It offers semi-matte finish, which is great for more formal looks in my opinion like for work/job interview and for a casual look you can top it with a lip gloss. I don't find any of MAC's lipstick moisturising but not drying either. I found the colour quite unique actually, like it has different undertones that change under different light. Some mentioned that this colour is grayish brown which I cannot see on me what so ever. On me this lipstick looks exactly like in the description - a pink beige colour. It is darker than my lips and looks like neutral nude, my lips better shade. I'm keen to know how this is going to look when I have some tan on :)
To summarise, I really like this lipstick, it's definitely my style and is just great for every day and almost any look. And I don't think it's as bad as some people describe it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

I own all the viva glam's this is my least fave it adds little colour and does nothing for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupisthebest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice nude for maybe a darker skin tone. Not very flattering on me at all I got this as a B2M lippie I asked the MA for the Viva Glam Gaga 2 lippie but he mistakingly gave me this one, but I didn't notice til I was already home.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Julsbowm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nude lipsticks are so personal. The right shade tones into your skin and makes your eyes strong and beautiful, the wrong ones look too peachy/pink/brown/grey/whatever. This is one product you don't want to order online unseen based on what other people like.

I have no fewer than four nude lipsticks in my bag at the moment, ranging from high end to high street. The hands down most beautiful and perfect nude lipstick for me is Viva Glam II. I love the formula - it's just dry enough to stay put, but not so dry it actually dries me out. Right now I'm wearing it with a browns/plums smokey eye and a tiny drop of MAC lipglass in Prr to the centre of my lower lip - it all just works. This is my HG Angelina Jolie lip!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No