April 21, 2014 | 1484 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by StephAByrd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a good BB cream for a while and stumbled upon reviews about Ponds BB cream. After reading really good reviews, I decided to try it (the $5 off coupon at Target helped too!). My skin type is pretty normal and I do not get pimples other than the ones that appear during that time of the month. I applied this with no moisturizer beforehand. I was extremely pleased with the coverage and the finish. It did appear to even out my skin tone well and reduce redness. Like other reviewers have stated, there is a scent, but I didn't find it to be overwhelming. After a day's wear, I was extremely pleased with the product. The next morning I noticed a few tiny pimples forming so I did not use the BB cream for a few days. I decided to try the BB cream again. Unfortunately the next day after trying the product for only the second time, pimples appeared. Sadly, this product just isn't for me so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by aaaq8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you can use this product without it breaking you out, it's great! I used this for a few days and my skin looked absolutely beautiful, natural and dewy without being oily (and I have very oily skin). The coverage is somewhat light, but if you just have mild redness and a few blemishes it is enough. The price is good too.

Unfortunately, this product gave me the worst reaction I've ever had to anything I've put on my face. I don't normally have very sensitive skin, so I was surprised. But this gave me a rash with tiny bumps everywhere. I think it might be due to the fragrance added to this product. It is REALLY strong, way too strong for something you put on your face. If Ponds were to make a fragrance-free version I might try it again. I passed it on to my mom, and it seems to be working for her without breaking her out, which is nice. If you have at all sensitive skin I would warn you not to try this, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because there there was a $5 off coupon attached to it and the rating is fairly high for an American BB cream. I have oily skin, but I apply finishing powder over any luminous-finishing products to control my oil. This glided on very smoothly but provided absolutely very little coverage. It felt like a greasy tinted moisturizer. I was debating on weather or not keeping it because it has SPF and I can use it under my makeup, but I could purchase better sunscreens that absorb easily into my skin for the price (even with the coupon). I tested this product for 2 days and ended up with 2 pimples. Great--Back to Target it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Finally an awesome american BB cream. It is comparable to true korean bb creams. I love the luminosity and sheen it has, the light shade works very well for my super pale skin. I mix this or layer with my Mishha M Perfect cover in 13. The only downside is the baby powder scent, usually my skin is VERY sensitive to fragrance but Ponds never seems to bother my skin. I use this in combination with the new Maybelline Pore Eraser. I love how I can re apply with out pilling later in the day, like most BB creams it has a short wear time, and I'm not a huge fan of powders.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, but the coverage is VERY sheer...after trying several Korean bb creams I get really irritated with the US Brands jumping on the bandwagon when really all they are selling is a light TM. This *is* fairly affordable, but somewhat hard to find as it's not with the cosmetics, but rather in the skincare. (Which is also misleading, because again, I noticed NO skincare benefits with it). If I recall correctly, there are only 2 shades...I went with the palest one and that was thankfully a nice match for my NC20 skin.

I loved the packaging on this, the fragrance was nice & inoffensive, yet there was just hardly any coverage at all, and it went on VERY sheer, wasn't really very buildable. I ended up returning mine to Walmart (where it was about $10). I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only ever tried 1 other BB cream and I didn't like it. I am a devoted Ponds Cold Cream girl, so I thought I'd try this. This is really nice, it's moisturizing and provides some light coverage for an even look, also has SPF in it. It does exactly what is says, and dries to a nice luminous finish. I still have to to use concealer for dark spots and I set spots with powder, but it's not irritating and I have very sensitive skin. Would definitely recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Ccwhateva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty loyal to the Ponds brand. So far in my experience, the Ponds "Luminous" line hasn't caused me any problems or acne flare ups. I'm very satisfied with the Luminous cleanser so i thought i'd try out the BB cream, (which would be the first BB cream i've ever tried).
It has good coverage but maybe not a stand-alone product if you're hoping to mask acne or dark spots. I use this as a primer, in a way, and set it with powder and bronzer. The scent isn't too bad but i don't think it's necessary.. Ponds is notorious for making perfume-y products and I just don't see the purpose.
I've been using the BB cream for about a week now and haven't noticed any irritation in my skin at all. I'm trying very hard to wear less and less makeup products as my skin is not in an ideal condition. I have a moderate amount of red acne marks and random tiny flare-ups all along my jaw(my forehead stays mostly clear though?)I've heard that BB cream is good for healing and protecting so I like to wear it by itself on days where i would be running errands or spending time outside (it's spf15). If i'm going somewhere or any instance where I feel that I "need" more coverage, I would just use this as a base. (i use the "light" color option)
So far no complaints though! I'll update my review if i notice any irritation, as it has only been a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by norehan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The color is off, it doesn't cover at all and it smells so bad, I couldn't stand it on my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an ok product, but definitely not for me. It is the first BB cream I have tried that I didn't mind. (Not that I have tried a lot, but a few, and they all have felt too heavy and/or greasy.) This one feels pretty good going on, and is not greasy. My face got pretty oily with it after a few hours, though.

I was very impressed with how it made my skin look. Fresh and even, just a bit of coverage. Not shiny, not flat. But after about 6 hours, I had to take it off. I just felt like my skin was suffocating. Now, this could all be because I only use powder foundation on my face. I just have gradually gotten to the point that liquid or cream foundations feel gross to me. I thought a BB cream might be ok, feel more like just a moisturizer. Maybe someday I may find one that feels light enough for me.

I do think this is a good product. I just think it is not right for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by colorcollapse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this product for a couple months and absolutely loved it at first. It has great pigment and coverage and looks great under foundation. Unfortunately this cream has a scent that is very strong and does not go away. I can smell it while I am wearing it. After a few weeks of use I noticed some breakouts and dry spots. I assumed it was just hormonal acne or because of the winter weather but after I stopped using this product it started to go away.
This might be a great BB Cream for someone without sensitive skin because it definitely has potential.