October 20, 2014 | 2075 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Left my face feeling sticky and greasy. Reeks of sunscreen and perfume. Easily wipes off and looks streaky after a few hours.

The "light" shade has a slight grey tinge and made my face look dirty/sickly.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by MeggieStrange

I LOVE this! Definitely my go to BB Cream. It's actually the only BB cream that I've tried that matches my skin tone. Others are always too pink toned. I have combo skin and this was great for my dryness but it did make me a little shiney throughout the day. (But it does clearly say Luminous Finish)
Overall, I think it's a great product. Especially if you have very pale skin. The packaging is good. It's a thick consistency so it doesn't just spew out of the squeezy tube that it comes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ivanamandias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up a small tube of this at the grocer's in the hopes that I one day would find a solid BB cream that's cheap, but most importantly- good! This BB cream is just that!
I needed a BB cream in a shade that would temporarily substitute for my foundation (Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fab in 857 Golden Tan) because my skin tone got a little lighter through the months. I am in the shade 'Beige', and it is a good match, yellow tinge and everything, which was wonderful as most BB creams are available in a couple of fair shades that would leave someone like me with ashy looking skin.
The texture of the cream itself is quite thick, and truly creamy rather than fluid, like most BB creams are. However, don't let it's creaminess fool you! It's dandy to blend into your skin with, and doesn't cling onto the dry patches of skin! It moisturises adequately, so I am able to wear this alone, without a separate moisturiser underneath it. The cream takes a while to dry, but once it does it looks completely natural.
The coverage of the BB cream is moderate. My skin has hyper-pigmentation, so there are plenty acne scars and marks to cover up. The cream doesn't completely mask these flaws, but it does fade them; so if you don't look too closely, you won't be able to see them!
The packaging of this product is a generic plastic tube, and the cream itself has a mild scent to it. The only issue I have with the product is that it stays put on your fingers after application, but I find that it happens with other BB creams too.

Overall, I think this Pond's BB cream is a bang for your buck. It's a good BB cream if you're looking for one that's natural looking and fresh- rather than flawless and matte. Plus points for not clinging onto dry patches of skin and a good difference between one shade to the other.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A-MAZING! Perfect for my skin tone and I am one pale girl! No problems with streaking or rubbing off throughout the day. I apply this with a brush and then put powder on top of it.
The color is super light so if you are looking for more of a foundation, this is not for you.
If you just want to add a even glow/tone to your face, this is for you.
I believe this cost around $9-$15 but it is well worth every penny.

As far as smell, there really is not one and as for oil, that is not a problem either. Hope I helped!! :-D

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm glad this is a thicker consistency bb cream, like the ones in Asia, but for me that just proves it's really hard to blend and to spread across your face and you just end up wasting a lot of product.
Pros:
Nice smell (just like my burts bees cleanser lol)
Beautiful packaging
SPF
And that's about it
Cons:
Was too BROWN for my skin tone so I had to mix it with my L'oreal bb cream which is lighter
Thick texture made it hard for me to spread across my face so I had to reapply
Doesn't moisturize like the package claims, nor does it correct skin tone
So even though I had high hopes for this bb, I'm just going to end up wasting it all and then switching back to L'oreal.
So yeah.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

After seeing all of the rave reviews on this, I picked up the Light shade. For reference I am NC20ish in MAC with combination sensitive skin. PROS: (1) Nice texture - decently thick but lightweight; (2) Seemed to blend in ok with my skin. CONS: (1) Low SPF for a BB cream; although I usually use a separate sunscreen, when I am in a hurry, I prefer a true one-step product; (2) Very strong floral fragrance; (3) Coverage was not great and seemed to "melt" off my face by afternoon, and I had heavy oil breakthrough; (4) No shade for darker skintones. I paid $12.99 for this, and while not a complete waste of money, I think I will stick with the Korean BB Cushion products (currently offered by Laneige, IOPE, Amorepacific, Etude House), as they offer high sun protection, good coverage, a lightweight texture, and skin benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I had initially bought this in Light Medium for myself back when it first came out. I remember really liking it, but then the Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 came out and although the Covergirl one is a lot heavier than this BB cream, my skin was not t it's best and I needed more coverage, so I stuck with the Covergirl foundation an give this to my mom who doesn't really wear makeup. She loved it, and now that my skin is a lot better (eating healthy, working out and Pond's Clarant B3 moisturizer!) I am kicking myself for not having kept it. I'm definitely going to buy myself one! I love it!!! It was a super hot day, in the 90s, I only wore this, mascara and eyebrow pencil and my skin looked and felt amazing. I have oily skin, with dark spots and redness, as well a a couple breakouts and this made my face look nearly perfect. It has a natural matte finish, lasts at least half a day on me, doesn't make me look oily, if anything it ends up looking dewy-which is different from oily. I love it SO much. I like Ponds products in general, especially for oily skin people on my opinion. I dare say this is one if not THE best BB cream in the US market. It just sucks I can only get it at Walgreens cause its the only store around and it's $13 but for what you get it's still ok I guess, but if you can get it for ten bucks definitely try it out!
***I uploaded a full face picture, I am only wearing this (as far as face) no concealer or anything and I got light coverage but it still evened out my skin and diminished the appearance of dark spots and redness***

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This bb cream surprised me. I was afraid that it would feel heavy when I first squeezed some out of the tube, but it feels soooo light and dreamy!!! It keeps the oilies at bay on its own without powder, but needs to be set with powder if you want it to last for more than 4 hours. No biggie. I have very sensitive skin and this bb cream doesn't break me out one bit. I haven't noticed any tone correcting, but I also don't use this on a consistent basis, as I like to rotate products. My one gripe is that there are only two shades available. Medium is a decent enough match but a little on the pink side. Overall, a very nice bb cream with medium coverage that can be sheered out if you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After reading the mostly glowing reviews about this product, I just had to try it! Medium looked like it might be too deep for my Southeast Asian skin, so I took a chance and bought the Light version since this BB cream only comes in three colors.

When I applied a swipe of it at my jawline, the Light color seemed to disappear right into my skin, which was encouraging! Maybe I'm used to my face looking a little tanner, though; I thought I looked a little pale after applying a full pea-sized amount all over my face, but I guess that could have been due to the fluorescent lighting at the gym locker room. Later in the afternoon, I thought I looked a little too pink in the mirror compared to my neck. But when I asked a friend and my husband a couple of hours later, neither of them could tell I had anything on. Unfortunately, that IS a comment on the coverage: The light-medium coverage wasn't quite enough to cover my acne marks, even after dabbing some extra on them.

The consistency is fluffy and a dream to blend with my fingers. After application, my skin looks matte but not dull or lifeless like with my previous foundation/BB cream; it looks creamy... maybe even glowy?! Unfortunately, the matte velvet appearance doesn't last, though I might blame that just on my oilslick of a forehead. Like other reviewers have mentioned, there is a slight fragrance, but I found it to be pleasant, and besides which, it disappeared within an hour of application.

Overall, this is a great drugstore BB cream, though as always, I'm not sure I'd call it my HG product just yet. I'm a little disappointed with the SPF coverage of 15 (ideally, it'd be SPF 30), plus I hear the higher-rated drugstore BB cream Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream just started popping up in the US, so you can bet I'll be on the lookout for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Kathy101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product has such great coverage and I don't even have to use a concealer after it which is always a plus! I usually have a problem with finding products to cover acne that Is really obvious and I feel like this partly does the job