December 22, 2014 | 1412 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Batmanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love this stuff! I had horrible acne for many years and after finally getting it under control I'm very hesitant with every new product I try. I use this mask about once or twice a week so I don't over exfoliate. I have very oily skin, large pores and a nose that is plagued with blackheads and it does a great job of getting rid of my blackheads which in turn makes my pores appear smaller. My face always feels fantastic after using it. I don't think this would be good for anyone with sensitive skin because the black sugar can be a bit of a harsh exfoliant. The price is great and CVS often has a two for $7 deal so I have a tendency to stock up. The packaging stinks because it's impossible to close the cap after using it since it's all grainy. I also usually cut the top off when it starts to become difficult to squeeze the remainder of the tube out and there is usually a surprising amount left inside. If you have oily skin and want to get all the "gunk" out of your face I can't recommend this highly enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Omurphy92782

I absolutely love this product. This made my skin so smooth and polished and got rid of all my stubborn black heads. It was only like $4 which is amazing because it's the best exfoliate I've ever used, and I've used a lot. It has also helped clear up some stubborn breakouts as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by BGutwein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only reason I would not purchase this again is because it is so freaking abrasive... between the micro-scrubbing charcoal and then the sugar granuals, it just ripped my skin apart. Way to rough. I did not have any adverse reactions to it, but I only used it once and returned it. I felt like I could make this at home with a bag of cheap sugar.

I am loving charcoal products, but this one is just to rough for me... those looking for a good micro-scrub, this is for you. cheap, available in most drugstores and typical tube packaging for easy dispense.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by xokatana

EFFING LOVE THIS PRODUCT! excuse my french. this facial mask is truly amazing and I don't just use it as a mask...I use it as an exfoliant obviously that's intended because it has coarse grainy sugar like particles that removes all traces of dirt, clogged pores and leftover scum leaving my face moisturized and smooth to touch. $4.99 or whatever it goes for here in Canada, you cannot go wrong. BEST CHEAP STEAL LOVE THIS SH*T!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love, Love, Love Freemans products! For a drugstore skin treatment these facials are magical. The mask never really gets hard on your face and its more of a scrub but that's to be expected since it has black sugar in it. Because of the charcoal it will heat up a bit and that feels wonderful. For me, scrubs are a pain to rinse off and so is this one lol My skin feels smooth and fresh afterwards, that is the objective. So for 4 bucks give it a try.

FYI, I've spotted the masks at Krogers in the single packets for 1.99.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

I saw 2 rave reviews of this product on youtube from emilyhoel83 (+ her husband tyler) and glamlifeguru (tati). i have very sensitive fair Asian skin that is oily and acne-prone, with large, sometimes clogged pores (a few on my nose). I try to stay away from masks and scrubs because they are usually too harsh. But I couldn't resist. So I bought it and it made my skin soft, smooth and moisturized. It exfoliated all the dead skins cells off because I had super bright, soft skin afterwards. i think the few clogged pores on my nose were still there. And it does feel really rough when you gently massage for a min or 2 before rinsing. I have tried it twice in the past week as per instructions (2x per week), and each time, I would have 2-3 new painful cystic acne in a few places by the end of the next day or 2. I don't get cystic acne anymore since doing my last round of Accutane, which was 15-20 years ago. I don't know for sure if this causes the cystic acne but I can't take the risk. Also, the top "broke" so it doesn't close any more -- that's after 2 uses. I returned it today. If it doesn't make your skin break out, it is an awesome exfoliator that smooths and softens your skin. But if it gives you cystic acne, nothing is worth that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a definite fail for anyone like me with sensitive, non-oily skin and a nose sensitive to fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by meowdison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Though this is a 'mask' advised for weekly/bi-weekly use, I now use it as my daily cleanser.

It's amazing. It might be too harsh a scrub for some, but if you have skin that needs a lot of exfoliation like mine, it's perfect. It warms your face a bit when you start to rub it in. My mother tried it and said this was alarming - but I hardly notice it.

It smells nice, and if you should happen to get any in your mouth (hey, it happens, I swear!) it actually tastes...really good. You probably shouldn't eat it, but you might want to.

Like others said, it isn't much of a mask, and I haven't noticed a difference between when I just use it as a scrub, or leave it on for a while.

Ultimately, it's an amazing buy for the price. I just wish you could actually get ALL of the product out of the tube - but when does that ever happen with any product?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by XFactorGlory

Love this mask! It can be harsh because of the sugar so I just really gently rub it on and it doesn't irritate or hurt my skin. It warms as you spread it around and never really "dries" because its not a clay mask, so keep that in mind when using it. The first time I used it, it completely cleared up my problem skin, it was amazing! I always moisturize my face with oils, so that might have helped with clearing the pimples and keeping my skin moisturized after because the charcoal can be a bit harsh for people with really sensitive or dry skin. I have one of their clay masks (that I love) and I can't wait to try some of their other formulas.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

I bought this the other day for a little over $2 at Walmart. I have combination skin and have had a couple of annoying dry patches on my cheeks lately, so I've been kicking my exfoliating and moisturizing routine into overdrive. The product itself is more of a facial scrub than a mask. I honestly think it smells amazing. Like sugar and fruit, haha. It's not too harsh, and it's thick so you don't have to use a ton of it to get the job done. After I use it my skin looks glowy and healthy. Considering how cheap it is and the fact that it doesn't seem to be breaking me out, I'll definitely repurchase when I run out. Recommended.