October 24, 2014 | 1710 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin which sometimes can get flaky in areas. I had a feeling this wouldn't work for my skin type, because I have heard that most stick foundations tend to be thick and cakey. This foundation was very hard for me to blend, and emphasized my dry patches more than anything I have ever put on my face. I got this in the colour ivory and it had a very strange pink tone to it, which looked ridiculous against my olive skin. Price was fairly cheap ($13au on sale). In my opinion, this foundation could work well for combo/oily skin, but for dry skin girls... avoid this foundation at all costs, save your money for something worth buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kxcxa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation stick for quite awhile, i still do. My first impression of this foundation stick were very doubtful but as soon as i started to use and then ran out, i immediately had to go buy it again! It's amazing since i have medium to mild oily skin, it doesn't look cakey and keeps my face looking matte all day. It was very warm here in New York City I would say about 85 degrees and it didn't seem to be melting or fading away. Although, one con of this foundation stick would be sometimes my face appears shiny but its not the bad kind, unless you like the dewy look. Lastly, I would definitely recommend this stick foundation to those with oily skin, it has a very great matte finish and a variety of color selections!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by AshhhAnn

This foundation fit my skin tone perfectly! I love how easy it is to apply, thanks to the stick. In my case this stick had medium coverage, and sadly only stayed on for 1-4 hours. This foundation clings to dry spots, and can give you a scaly look in well moisturized places. I would suggest this foundation if you have trouble finding your tone in others, or if you want a cheap price and a satisfying product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by kateg432

Personally I really don't like this product. I bought it thinking it would be good because of their advertising. When I used it it was very very cakey on my skin and had a horrible feel to it when on my skin. It felt very thick and heavy on my face and it shows off every little mark on your face in full detail. I will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for a few months now, but I've been so on the fence about it that I've been putting off writing a review.

I've really been using it as more of a concealer than a foundation except on days when I get really oily, then I use it on my entire T-zone. It doesn't last through a school day though. Maybe 3-4 hours at best, even after setting with Neutrogena's translucent powder. Either that or the shade (#220 for me) is just so perfect I don't even know whether it's there anymore. I'm not a huge fan of the way the cream dries either, but it might be because I'm lazy and I blend with my fingers and not a brush or something.

It's not the worst thing out there (it's actually very convenient in terms of the twist up stick design and it's portability, especially being a high school student who doesn't always have time to do her makeup in the morning...) but I'm not sure I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by willow1992

Firstly, I want to give this product three and a half stars, which you cannot do, so just be aware. It is better than a three, but not quite a four.

This product has a lovely creamy consistency to it, without being oily. My skin is oily and this product did not react badly to my skin. For those who have tried the liquid foundation they will know it is runny and even slightly oily, but this product is very different in that sense, and has a lovely creamy finish.

The colour range is also great. I have very fair skin and bought this in 115 Ivory because I also like to give my skin some colour - and the product was not orange and suited my skin great. I like the liquid foundation but I've noticed the colours do not match as well as this product.

I do have acne prone skin, and I do have pimples and scars which need covering and sadly this product does not cover acne and scarring alone. It is a very nice light to medium coverage foundation, and you will need a decent concealer if you want to cover your imperfections.

This product has not caused further break outs as of yet, but if it does I will provide an update. Also, this product is very cheap in AUS, about $16. I would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 120 Classic Ivory. I like how this stuff feels when it goes on, but it starts to feel oily after a while. I also had an issue with it oxidizing and turning orange on my forehead and simultaneously getting cakey.

The packaging is very convenient.

Currently I don't think I would buy it again but I'm going to keep playing with it, to see if there's a better way to use it on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The foundation itself does not wow me. It has medium coverage and a nice texture, but it needs to be reapplied every 3 or 4 hours, even with a good primer underneath. I am lucky, though, because it happens that the Fit Me line includes my most perfect color match ever--I got this in #220 "Natural Beige" for reference--which makes this foundation stick THE most practical, convenient product ever. I can swipe it on during my morning commute and blend with my fingers and know I won't have any obvious lines. However, because I know color match isn't something to rate the quality of a product on, I'm taking off 2 lippies.
Bottom line: the stick makes this a great product to keep in your purse for touch ups, but this will never be my go-to foundation since its staying power is horrendous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ013

I just bought my 2nd tube, I like this a lot. the packaging is cute and simple and is so easy to apply. The only downside I see is that it fades pretty quickly. This foundation is so light and perfect for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is good for the following reasons:
1. Sheer to medium coverage unlike many foundation sticks which provide full coverage.
2. Matte but still very natural looking.
3. Wide variety of shades so you could own some to contour and highlight.
4. Very easy to blend with fingers or a brush.
5. Reasonably priced
6. Portable and convenient for touch ups.

I use the shade 220 for my NC30 skin and it looks great.