Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

(I wrote a review about my shade, Porcelain 110, as a separate product, so this is just for the formula itself).

I'm 43, and have dark circles, fine lines, deep wrinkles and some hyperpigmentation. I love, love love this formula on my early-40s skin!

Some reviewers state that it sits on top of the skin. This is actually what I like about it!! When you’re my age, with some patchy dryness and fine lines popping up around every corner, foundation and concealer settling into those lines is a Big Problem. This product won’t settle. It never settles (silicone??). It does stay on the surface, but if you are lucky enough to have a perfect color match in this line, then it doesn’t *look* like it’s on the surface! Fwiiw, I use this with and without DHC’s Velvet Skin Coat (primer), which is silicone.

Caveat: this is HG for me only 3/4 of the year. It does not work well in summer, even with primer underneath and UD All Nighter on top (I'm combination in the summer, dry in winter). :/ I still give it 5 lippies - for 9 months a year this is HG status for me.

Coverage-wise I agree it can be sheer, but I find the coverage very build-able. I use my fingers with this one. I agree that the sponge would make only the sheerest coverage possible, and a brush…since it isn’t supposed to buff into the skin, I think this, too, would not be optimal. Fingers and patting make it super-buildable and it never cakes. Amazing, really. It is build-able enough to cover redness around my nose, capillaries, discoloration around my mouth, and fading blemish redness on my chin. Smooths out sun damage on my cheeks with only sheer application. I use this under my eyes without it caking as a ‘base’ for other concealer, because my circles are very dark, but I believe it keeps other concealer products - that give me the opacity I need - from settling as well. An active red blemish would need additional concealer. (Maybelline’s 24H concealer layers very well over this foundation).

Reviewers have also said that it doesn’t dry. This I don’t agree with. Even without powder, I look finished all day wearing this (not in summer) - it doesn’t disappear on me at all. I find it dries-down quite quickly - before I’ve finished the rest of my face, certainly. It’s not that it’s wet when it goes on, it’s more…”slickery." Not in an oily way, but in a silicone-y way. I can immediately layer concealer over it, for instance. And a cream blush. Powder makes me feel more secure on days when I need to spackle it on, but I don’t *need* the powder. As to shininess, I disagree too (not shiny on me), but I speculate that my experience may be because of my paleness - colors and formulas just look and react differently in what is, essentially, the absence of much pigment.

CONCLUSION: Would I buy this in a vacuum, if I could find my shade in virtually any foundation? Unsure, because I have lots of formulaic wants, such as light reflection (this has none), and am always on the look for ‘better’ because my choices are so limited (I'm über fair). Historically I don't default to drugstore makeup, however times have changed, and at $6-8, this is not only my drugstore HG foundation, but also my HG, period. So yes, I repurchase again…and again…and...

This is just about a HG for me in the summer. I hadn't used many (any? I can't remember) stick foundations before this one, but I really wanted to try one. I finally broke down and got this because of its claim of shine control, which is a big issue for me, especially in the hot and humid summer months.

Pros:
-A shade light enough for me! (I have it in the lightest shade, Porcelain)
-Compact size is great for tossing in a purse or carrying in your pocket
-Really does seem to help control oil
-Ok coverage (I'd say light/medium)
-Goes on smooth and blends easily
-Feels very light on my skin
-Hasn't caused breakouts (a rarity for me and foundations)
-Holds up well in the heat and humidity, unlike most of my other foundations
-It's great for touchups throughout the day, or when you're in a hurry

Cons:
-It's a bit pricey for drugstore makeup (I think I paid close to $10 for it)
-Could have better coverage (it minimizes the redness I have all over, as well as my acne scars, but doesn't totally hide them)
-I'm not really a fan of the stick, but I wipe it down with an alcohol swab after using it
-I don't think it will last long because there's not a lot of product
-I haven't been able to build the coverage without it looking cakey
-Clings to dry patches
-Has a weird finish on my skin, almost like there's shimmer in it. It doesn't look oily or greasy, though.

Overall, I like this foundation and I will probably continue using it when it's hot and humid. I like that it helps keep shine down (I still use blotting sheets because my T-zone gets very oily sometimes) without using a powder to set it, and it doesn't make me dry like a lot of other foundations with oil control have in the past.

If you have a lot of redness, like me, this probably won't totally cover it. But, it does really tone down my redness. I have a lot of acne scars, and I'm prone to breakouts still, and this doesn't cover that completely either. It does make them less noticeable, though. I think if you want something blemishes totally covered, you'll need to use concealer.

It's more expensive than I would like, but for something I'll probably only purchase once or twice a year, I'm ok with it. I think the pros outweigh the cons, so unless they change the formula or something, I'll probably continue to purchase this when I need something to help with oil.

ETA: I've had some dry patches from my acne control toner, and this stuff clings to those really bad. So if you have any dry patches or dry skin all over, I would suggest skipping this one. I knocked it down a lippy after using it a bit more because I don't like it as much as I did at first.

I use this product to contour I noticed it lasts ALL day for me so I deffinetly love this.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Purchased this at Target about a week ago for around $6-7 for cream contouring purposes. I have tan skin (NW 42-45ish?) and selected the darkest shade "Coconut"/#355. This is my first time using a twist up, stick foundation . . . the packaging is pretty basic, but does the job. The formula is creamy, pigmented, and blends well. I swipe the foundation stick with a concealer brush and apply it where I want to contour. I then apply my tinted moisturizer and blend away any harsh lines between the two. Overall, I like it. I do find that it helps my bronzer sit a bit better and helps it to look more defined. It's a good, and cheap option for cream contouring. I can't say how it is as an all over foundation though!!

I hate this foundation. For the price, which is around $20 in Australia, you get next to no product. I did not use much each day, but it was finished in two weeks. I have normal, non-sensitive skin, but this foundation really irritated my skin. For the first few hours of wear, my skin was so itchy. The foundation has also really dried out my skin. It looks nice and wears well throughout the day, but for the price, the little product, and the itchiness, it's really not worth it in my opinion.

Hope this helps someone! x

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ladies this makeup is DA BOMB DOT COM!!! I applied this makeup at 7:30 am, straight from the stick onto my skin and smoothed with a sponge. (I had already applied serums, moisturizer, sunscreen and primer.) Very smooth application and buildable to a medium finish. I have dry skin and this did not seem drying, nor overly moist. It set to a semi-matte finish, as promised. It's now 6:00 pm and this Maybelline foundation has worn as good, if not better than my Urban Decay Naked Skin. I am a tad shiney, but face it, your t-zone's going to shine after 6 hours. Now, I know I won't have difficulty taking it off because of my cold cream and shower, but it doesn't seem to be more difficult to remove than any other foundation. What I like, specifically, is your fingers don't get goopy!! Sounds whiney, but I dislike getting foundation all over my fingers, to have to wipe them off and pick up mu brush/sponge. I guess I'm easy to please. Unless this breaks me out, and I rarely break out, this is going to be my 1st choice everyday foundation.

UPDATE: One week later and there is NOTHING I don't like about this product!! I'd say Holy Grail, but when you do that, they change it or discontinue it. I reach for this over UD, MUFE and IT CC cream. Going to buy some in darker colors for contour, like others have mentioned. Yep, still 5 lippies! Would give this product more, if I could.

ADDITIONAL UPDATE!

During the Sephora sale, I bought a Bobbie Brown Skin foundation. This morning I did 1/2 Bobbie Brown and 1/2 Maybelline. DH looked at both sides carefully, pointed to the Maybelline side and said, "This side looks smoother and more natural." Guess I'm taking that $44 foundation back.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I bought it because i wanted something cheap that i could apply with minimal tools. i draw lines over my face and either blend with my fingers or my elf flat top powder brush. i set it with my elf hd powder, and it keeps my severely oily skin relatively matte all day. not much coverage, but it'll do for everyday use.

So I have to say, I am reviewing this as a contour stick. I have not tried it as a foundation at all.

I have had problems finding the right contour color for my skin for so long now. I have pretty light.. about light medium skin tone. But very red/pink undertones.. So to me.. any bronzer I used was either to orangy/reddish on me. Or came out to muddy. I heard about using the Maybelline foundation stick to contour with and decided to give it a try.. I do have to say the price is awesome! I am from California and it cost me $5.99+tax. So very affordable. It is also very blendable. I got the color 330 in toffee caramel ( I believe 2nd to darkest shade) and the color works so well for me. it doesn't look muddy or too orange/red. It doesn't take much to blend it out either. It looks very natural and beautiful. I get compliments all the time on it. There is also a HUGE selection of colors to choose from. I gave the product 5 lippies on everything. Its a affordable price.. packaging is easy and nice to work with. Very blendable. and looks very natural on the skin. The color is actually ( to me anyways) a mix of grey & warmer undertones. Definitely will repurchase and most likely pick up other colors as well to play around with.

( AGAIN! THIS IS AS A CONTOUR STICK>> NOT AS FOUNDATION)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought these sticks for contouring and they work pretty good. Easy to blend and good colors!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Originally purchased this because Thataylaa on YouTube raved about it, and she has a similar skin type (she's oily and fair skinned) so I went out to try it. Even though this is a stick foundation, it blends out really nicely, and has medium-buildable coverage. Here's where I have a problem with the fit me stick...After about 2 hours I went to look at how this was holding up on my face, and it looked like a greasy nightmare! I could not believe how greasy I was! Not only was I super greasy around my T-zone, but also all over my cheeks, and it was practically dripping off my face. Another thing i'd like to note, I applied this with my sigma F80, and set this with my PP CC+ powder. I noticed this really separated on my face, and looked scaly, and this was only 2 hours of wear! Needless to say, I had nothing left on my face by the end of work that day, I was so embarassed! Lastly, this made me break out sooooooo terribly! I had tiny itchy red acne all over my cheeks, and a terrible breakout of whiteheads. This is definitely one of the worst foundations I have ever tried!