Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 4/9/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I would never use this as a foundation as it is soo creamy and feels quite thick on the face. Thats why I gave it 2 lippys.

I use this stick 355 (Coconut) (about 4 or 5 shades darker than me) for contouring and what makes this product useless as a foundation is what makes it great for a natural looking contour - the creaminess makes it super blendable!
I really like the packaging! Its like a big fat lip balm which makes it super easy to just draw on contour lines on the cheeks.

Overall I really would not recommend this product as a foundation but I would recommend as a contour stick (hence I would repurchase)

on 4/5/2015 4:01:00 AM

At first, I really liked this makeup. I am very fair complected and this matches my skin oerfectly in shade 110. That is about all the good things about this product. The texture is odd and hard to blend. Also, my face massively broke out everywhere I put this product, and only where I put it. I tried it a few times to make sure that was the cause. The makeup will not stay on my face which is not really a problem since I was rushing to wash it off once I figured out what was causing me to break out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hate this. Don't even bother if you're dry. Even the finish of this foundation itself is flaky and gross. Yuck.

At the very least, the packaging is kinda neat I guess.

on 3/29/2015 2:10:00 PM

This was an extremely disappointing product for me. Normally, I swear by Maybelline face products. Their Fit Me! foundations, Dream Fresh BB Cream, and Dream Matte Mousse foundations are amazing. But this one was seriously not up to par.

For starters, and on a lighter note, the packaging and the texture of the product is great. It's very convenient and small enough to fit into a pocket, and it just glides right on to my face.

But, the actual way the product wears is just awful. I've tried applying it so many different ways; over a primer, no primer, over a BB cream, no BB cream, over a moisturizer, etc. I've tried blending it a million different ways, too; a buffing brush, stippling brush, BeautyBlender sponge, my fingers, and more. It just DOES NOT blend. It really makes your pores and the peach fuzz on your face very noticeable. You know a foundation is good when it sinks in and blends wonderfully into your skin, but this just sits on top of your face.

It's also not shine free. I'm pretty oily, which is why I bought this, but even when you put it on and set it with powder, it's shiny. I even gave it 10 minutes to set. The shine did not go away. And what's more, it's flaky! I usually put on two layers of foundation, and when I applied the second layer of this stuff, the bottom layer flaked right off. Weird. And forget about putting blush or bronzer on over your foundation; no matter how lightly you brush or dab on the product, it flakes and comes right off the skin.

It also does not stay on your face. I've been trying to get this stuff right for like a week, and when I finally was able to blend it properly, it only stayed put for a few hours. I came home to find my cheeks and nose nearly foundation free, even after I'd set it with powder like I always do.

So, in short, do NOT buy this product. It might work better for you if you've got dry skin, but STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN.

on 3/28/2015 8:00:00 AM

The convenience of this stick foundation is the best part of my review. It's good for when you're running late and need something super quick. Other than that, it's disappointing. It sits on your skin, wipes off easily, and highlights dry spots. It evens out skin tone but not to the point of getting rid of all redness. I can't find an exact color match either. Both the 115 and 120 are a little too yellow for me and the 110 is too light. Won't be repurchasing.

on 2/21/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I kept this around thinking I could use it on days when I needed to do my makeup quick and get out the door for some quick errands. But every time I try to use this, I take more time, not less. It's a bit difficult to blend, even over a moisturized face. No matter how I try to smooth it over my face, the coverage looks uneven. It catches on dry, flaky areas of my face that I didn't even know were there. Aside from taking the extra time to wash my makeup off, exfoliate, moisturize and pick a different foundation, I don't know how to fix that problem when I have it. It does seem to cake up in my pores, which is more noticeable since I picked the color I wish I was, rather than the color I actually am. 110 is decently light, so I would give one lippie for that. The final issue is with the primer and "shine free" claim. Sure, this foundation stick applies kinda smoothly to your face. But in three hours, all the coverage on your nose and other oily areas is gone. Poof. Coverage is ok, but that isn't enough to save this for me. I hate being wasteful, but this is going into the trash.

on 2/21/2015 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was so excited when I first bought this. As someone with very fair skin, it is a constant battle to find something light enough and when I bought this I thought my search was over. Their lightest shade, 110 was nearly light enough and the undertone was very neutral, a rare thing in pale colors. It has a wonderful, silky texture on the skin and feels very light. Unfortunately if you are looking for a foundation that lasts long this is definitely not the one for you especially if you have oily skin. After about 3 hours this foundation was slipping off my face even with a primer. It became very oily on my nose and didn't look good at all. I don’t like the packaging either, I find the stick concept very unhygienic.
At least it was pretty cheap.

on 2/20/2015 1:54:00 PM

I grabbed the darkest and the lightest colors of this product to use for highlighting and contouring. The lightest color does a perfect highlight - I love that it's a perfect matte vanilla color with no shimmer or sparkle. It goes on smoothly and blends out really nicely. It doesn't crease under the eyes and holds up really well. I use the darkest color as a contour (cheekbones, jawline, hairline, temples), and it blends out really nicely. It's a tad orangey; I'm looking for something with a bit more grey in it so I'm not sure how much more frequently I'll use the darkest color to contour, but the lightest color is staying in my makeup bag for sure.

I use a primer and a makeup sealer (Too Faced Primed and Poreless and Ben Nye Final Seal) with this and am very happy with the results - makeup lasts well over 12 hours with no creasing, no shine, etc, and I have oily skin.

on 2/16/2015 7:32:00 AM

I love using this foundation when I am running late or feeling lazy to do make up. I apply the stick directly to my face and blend out with real techniques expert face brush. It gives me a nice, light coverage. It is very creamy and blendable. It initially applies as matte but ends up a bit oily by the end of the day. Does not last either without a powder.

on 2/6/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

If you have oily skin, don't buy this product. Does it go on matte? Yes? Does it stay matte? Nope. I bought shade 355 and it was still a little light but I am a blending master :-)
The packaging is ok. I so wanted to like this because it is a stick, This will go in my travel makeup kit. If I leave it at a hotel by accident, I won't be mad at all.

For reference I am NW45 in MAC.

Popular Stick Foundations