Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 12/24/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30-35, warm & yellow

I use darkest shade "355 coconut" as a creme contour to contour my face. Product glides on smooth and the fact that it's in stick form mAkes it easier to draw out lines on your face.

I also own sonia kashuk's creme bronzer and ben nye creme contour. The Maybelline is my fave.

I use the sephora airbrush pro 56 brush to blend this product out. (Real techniques expert face brush is similar). I only apply this product in the hollow of my cheekbones. I don't use this along my forehead because this product makes me break out if I apply it on my forehead.

Only thing I dislike is the packaging. The cap doesn't snap on so its always coming off.

on 12/18/2014 6:21:00 PM

This is another foundation I tried solely because I'm pale as hell (N5-ish), and I'm desperate for any foundation that MIGHT match.

As far as color, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's still a bit to dark for me, but the undertones work nicely with mine (very pink), and it is very pale. I'd say it's probably around NW10 in MAC?

The packaging is a little cheap, but I do like that it comes in stick form, which is very convenient for travel or just being on the go in general.

I'm not sure why, but the couple of times I've tried this foundation, it hasn't been remotely full coverage for me. I honestly get more coverage out of my bb cream than this (Skin79 green label), which is super weird for a cream foundation. This wouldn't be an issue for anyone who didn't really have anything to hide, but for people like me (with hyperpigmentation from acne and some active blemishes), it just isn't good.

On the other hand, the formula does blend nicely with my skin, and wears pretty well (I haven't tested it in crazy heat/humidity yet), and it hasn't broken me out. Also, it hasn't oxidized! this is a big deal for me, since in my experience, most drugstore foundations oxidize terribly on me, and I end up with orange face later in the day.

Overall, this is a decent foundation option for pink undertoned pale people who don't have a lot to hide, and want something you can throw in your bag and go. It's certainly not HG for me, but it's not a bad option in a pinch.

on 12/14/2014 7:05:00 PM

I really, really wanted to like this but there were multiple problems. First of all the actual stick is too fat, making it hard to get precise lines for foundation application or contouring. Second of all it was too opaque. It didn't look natural. It looked as if it was just sitting on top of the skin. It also dried (after it felt like forever!) to a chalky, inconsistent color. I really disliked this product but clearly it works for some people I guess.

on 11/28/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the idea of this product but it falls short on the coverage and quality. It is VERY sheer and not too buildable, has a semi-matte finish turning into a slightly powdery texture when dry. It does cover redness but not pigmentation or scarring. I find its easy to blend, but you need to work fast because it dries quickly. You don't get a lot of product and I finished this tube very quickly. It's marketed for combo/oily skin types, but it wears off around the nose and T-Zone. I would only recommend it if you have good skin or prefer a light coverage look, and avoid this completely if you have extremely oily skin because I guarantee you'll be disappointed!

on 11/26/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the way I like to put foundation on. I love stick foundations and this is a great formula. I'm in the shade 240 Golden Beige and I apply it with real Techniques expert face brush.

At first it looks like it's going to be too orange, but when it blends it turns into a more natural beige tone with warm undertones. I recommend this to people who don't like a full liquid foundation, but need more coverage than just a tinted moisturizer.

on 11/22/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I hesitated sooo much before getting this because of the mediocre reviews and being unsure of what color I wanted. But I finally went for it since my old brand was disc/t (and kind of the wrong color anyway). I wanted to try 125 but it was impossible to find so I went with the 115.

I'm glad but I'm actually pleasantly surprised! I find it goes on well and stays pretty decently. I didn't have patchyness problems, which is amazing since I use stick foundation but not quite all over, and then powder foundation over it. So basically, I don't even apply it evenly but it still doesn't get blotchy on me. Yes, it's not the thickest of coverage, it is a little sheer, but I find it works. If I need a bit more coverage in some areas I just add extra concealer underneath. Maybe if people over do the layers it could end up patchy. It has a nice consistency and just enough weight where it smooths out the little issues but doesn't run or just rinse off at the end of the night without cleanser. It kind of stays where you put it. I'm not oily so I can't speak for the shine reduction, but the finish is pretty nice, almost powdery. I don't feel too dry or clogged at all from it so far.

I got mine with two CVS coupons so I paid like $2 but I always look for sales. Overall, Maybelline isn't my *favorite* brand in general, but I am liking this well enough so far. I also bought the Nyx foundation stick at the same time and I might like this more as that one seems to be pulling yellow on me and a bit harder to blend, but I have to use them more to be sure.

on 11/21/2014 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love love love this product. I use almost everyday and it last me all day. It's super bendable and easy to apply, whether it's with a blender sponge (my preference) or with brush. The coverage is so great I don't have to use much concealer to cover my problem areas.

on 11/18/2014 10:05:00 PM

This is a great concealer, especially under the eyes! However, it definitely clogs your pores. But the colors are nice and it's easy to apply.

on 11/13/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Use this on my days with almost clear skin due to fact that it doesn't have good coverage on those types of month .. I like how it does what it says and doesn't leave shine residue and I can use it as it matches my skin , I got mines in the color sand and amazingly I don't have to mix with other foundation . When it goes on sale is when I get them just in case they run out . I like how it stays matte and doesn't cause me to blot the skin . it has lasted me 13 hrs of wear without reapplying .

on 11/4/2014 7:15:00 PM

This product is like a sucky concealer stick. Not very blendable or buildable... very sheer, light coverage. Too much work to build up to medium and full .. very blochy at that point. I got this in natural beige (nc25-30) and TOFEE (for the Kim K. contour) i use this before power on the sides of my nose. Just so that I dont feel guilty wasting money. I WILL NOT BUY THIS AGAIN. NOT IMPRESSED.