December 20, 2014 | 1607 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this, and discovered it accidently. I forgot my eyeliner one day, and went to the drug store to find something cheap. I found these, and even though they're for brows I guess, I used them as liner. I really like them because they apply well and are not too harsh on my super fair skin (however some may not like this because they're definitely not pigmented). they're layer-able if you want more color, and pretty nice on my eyebrows so I get a lot of use out of them. I also appreciate the petite size of these pencils. They're pretty smooth, they don't tug at my eyelid or anything like that

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these eyebrow pencils! I currently have the blonde shade, and it suits my platinum blonde hair perfectly. I was previously using a Taupe Eyebrow Pencil in another brand, and it was way too dark for my platinum hair. it made me look so unnatural. Thank GOODNESS I stumbled upon this pencil. I bought it not really knowing what to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised. It comes out a perfectly natural blonde shade, but not TOO light like I have experienced with some other pencils. This was pigmented enough to shape my thin brows, and it looks very natural, It truly looks like my eyebrow. It lasts all day long and it really goes the extra mile, and I have found that most eyebrow pencils don't deliver as good as this one. I love that it comes with two pencils because I can always bring one with me in case I need to touch up my brow if it gets wiped off or something, but these are very long lasting. I do have to keep mine very sharp and sharpened or I find that I can't get as precise with it, but that's not a big deal, I just suggest keeping a sharpener with you. I definitely recommend this for all my blonde bombshells out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I believe I tried these years ago and found them to be hard as a rock. I picked them up the other day after reading through some rave reviews and... WOW...I really love these pencils.

First of all, they last forever! I fill in my brows and then set them with Anastasia brow get and they last all day on my oily skin. I have used expensive pencils that did not last as long as these little gems do.

I'm really fair but sometimes "Blonde" brow pencils are way too light for me, I like my brows to stand out to avoid a ghost like appearance. I bought both the "Blonde" and the "light brown" colors. I love the blonde; it's a perfect color for me even though it's kind of a taupe color... The "light brown" is really sort of a reddish color. It seems that it would really suit redheads more than brunettes.

My one gripe with these is the packaging. Why or why are these pencils so dang short? I like to put my pencils in a cup holder and that is impossible with these little shorties.

Well, I'll take the good with the bad. These are cheap, easy to find, last forever and I found a color that suits me. I'm a happy eyebrow lady!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

I've had these off and on for the last 30 years or so and every time I buy them, they mostly sit unused. In high school in the 80's everyone had these with a book of matches. You would melt the tip to soften and use as eyeliner. This gave you the ability to put in on thick and gave you a chance to smudge and blend while it was still warm and workable. Once its on, it stays on.

Now I use it as an eyebrow pencil. I have dark brown hair but I use the Blonde shade (which is really a taupe color). It's still dark enough to fill in without overdoing it. The Brunette shade is too red to match well and the black is just too dark. It's still a rock hard pencil so you'll have to put quite a bit of pressure for the color to show up. (Hence why we had to melt it first for the eyeliner)

This is great for travel though, because its a relatively short pencil by today's standards, and you only need the one for both liner and brows. Plus it doesn't melt in a hot car.

Made in the USA
Tests on animals
Owned by big corp-L'oreal (Nestle owns 30% of L'oreal)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

I've been using these pencils for more than 20 years. These pencils are practically bullet-proof when it comes to wear. They go on and stay on through anything, even swimming. I don't use them as brow pencils--I use them as eyeliners instead. I like that they have a nice selection of browns/taupes to chose from. I wish they'd take this formula to develop colored eyeliners, since almost none of their other eyeliners comes close.

My only complaints are that the pencil can be a bit tough to apply, but if I warm the tip a bit it's easier. The second is that pencils are often hard to sharpen so you can make really fine lines...but for its staying power, that's something I can overlook! They do have a mechanical version, but it only comes in black and dark brown.

UPDATE (7/2014): why haven't I discovered these for tightlining sooner? They are a little stiff to apply to the lash line and it may take a couple of passes to build up the color, but once the liner is in place it WILL NOT move! No more eyeliner migrating across my contacts. Definitely one of my HG liners!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

Finally I found a PERFECT match for my ash blonde eyebrows. This is amazing after a long hard search for a "real blonde" pencil because most say blonde, but are actually too dark to be for a blonde. Definitely will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Sgoosie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They have been around a long time for a reason there great as a brow pencil and a eye liner but I mostly use them as a eye liners if you just light the tip with a cigarette lighter let it cool off a little bit works looks like gel liners and like liquid ; )

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by jasmine915

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I accidentally took a chunk of eyebrow hair out. I was desperate for something cheap and I could get at the nearest Walgreens. I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyebrows. I read the reviews first and decided to try Velvet Black. This shade is perfect, looks natural, and stays all day. Definitely a drug store gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are classic brow pencils, and I've used them since I was a teen. The colors are very natural, and the formula stays put and is long wearing. Not to mention they are inexpensive! I generally only use a brow pencil for my brows when I am doing makeup for going out and using a smokey eye. Classic standby!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using these for YEARS. I use the dark blonde shade. Recently I tried the Revlon eyebrow thing (one end is a pencil and the other is a tinted gel) and found that dark blonde to be too red on me. So I have gone back to using these then topping it with the Revlon tinted gel. I like that you get two pencils in one package...usually I have one in my "on the go" makeup bag and the other at home in my normal stash. The only downside is that you have to keep them sharpened (more so than other pencils I've used) or they become really difficult to transfer color. But I use mine daily and have lots to fill in and they still last probably 6 months.