Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

I tried this product due to the many good reviews and of course the cheap price. I am now sorry I had. It barely lengthended my lashes and had tons of clumps. Although I enjoy the brush style, it is a little too big for coating bottom and inner eye lashes. I will never buy again. One of the worst mascara's I've tried.

on 11/4/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this mascara. I have small, sparse and very stubby little lashes and this makes them look amazing. Its like I had no idea how much potential was hiding within my lashes.... ;) the curl last all day and they stay beautiful.

While there are a couple cons with this product I didn't take off any lippies because the performance out weighs the cons.

Cons

A little bit flakey. Its not crazy....a little flick and they are gone. Some people despise this though so its worth mentioning.

Very goopy and strange wand. The wand actually works great but you absolutely have to run the wand a few times across the top to take off the excess mascara because WAY too much comes out. This is another something that would drive a few people mad. Personally though, because of the effect I get after scraping some off the wand I don't mind. I replace mascara so often anyway that its not an issue. My lashes are just incredible after.

Lastly, the packaging isn't sealed. This is an essence thing though and not really product related. Lots of people open products in the drugstore and so its kind of scary to buy something that may have been opened. I actually opened mine half way to make sure the wand was clean and the product wasn't near the top of the wand. It was the very back one too so I thought its safe. I didn't have any issues. This is the biggest pitfall with essence mascara. At least the others you can give a spray with alcohol.

Anyway, I'm happy and this is a great mascara.

on 11/1/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara, and I rarely say that about any mascara. I am really pick and love a lot of length and volume. i only have 2 favourites the covergirl clump crusher and the benefit they're real. but this is right on top with them. it gives the most amazing lift to my lashes and is so black (which i love). people says this flakes a lot but to avoid it apply one coat and let it dry completely then add the next one, that usually helps me. for the price I think i will never find another mascara that i love more than this

on 11/1/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I do love the intense volume you get with this, its super jet black and gives very full looking lashes. Had to take off one lippie because it does get a bit clumpy, the formula is a bit wet, but for the price I would definitely recommend.

on 10/31/2014 10:08:00 AM

LOVE this! I've tried (and have) so many different mascaras and ever since I bought this one, I've been using it every single day. It gives crazy volume AND length without any clumping - gives SUCH nice lashes! And great price!! No need to go high-end for mascaras. Only con - packaging is too big!

on 10/23/2014 5:08:00 PM

This mascara looked fab when i applied it, other members saying it makes it look like u are wearing false lashes are right,it really does. Sadly..after a few hours this completly flakes out on me and literally crumbles so my eyes are a black itchy mess....not a good look..

on 10/23/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this mascara and I will be purchasing this until they stop makin it. I found Essence "I love extreme crazy volume" masara through reviews, I wanted a highly reviewed mascara. I am a mascara junkie and I have yet to find one that I can't live without. Seeing how so many people were saying "wow" I thought for $4.99 I could try it. While I was at Ulta I was looking at Urban Decay mascara and if anybody knows their mascara the brush is a lot like the brush for "Big Fatty".

So... It is a wet formula but I can deal, what I do to keep my lashes from sticking together is put one light coat of maybelline colossal, let that dry and then with a gentle hand I put 1 heavy coat of "I love extreme crazy volume" it gives me volume and crazy length. The color is black as can be and once it dries my lashes are soft. If I put one more coat on it looks like I have falsies on! Someone asked if putting falsies on was hard. Ha! Love love love this mascara. I would say that the first few times is trial and error because it is wet and the brush is huge. I think it's definitely best to let your first coat dry before the next... And the next.
A lot of people said they loved it but it flaked on them or the staying power wasn't good yet had a hard time washing it off. I found that the staying power is awesome. It outlasts the rest of my makeup on my face and it washes off just fine, whatever is left over I use a tiny bit of lotion to rub on my eyes and remove with a cloth.

I have to say again how awesomely HUGE my lashes look with this on, the tips go past the crease in my eyelid and they fan out like falsies. For $4.99 you cannot go wrong and it's a huge tube! I can't find anything negative to say and I have had it for almost 2 weeks. You want this mascara

on 10/21/2014 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I do not have a good relationship with my eyelashes. They are poker straight (difficulty achieving any kind of a curl) and they are very short in size too. So logically, I should go for a lengthening mascara.. not a volumizing one. This is what brings me to this specific product. I bought it by mistake, I didn't read the label carefully and didn't see that it is a volumizing product. You see, I've had so much success with Essence's 'I love' range (the glossy kajal pencil is too die for) that I neglected to check the specifics.

But boy, am I happy that I accidentally purchased this.

Unlike other volumizing mascaras I have tried, this stuff was a dream to put on and the applicator was ideal for my short eyelashes. The formula itself is decent and the colour pay off is a true black.

If I could make a recommendation it would be to WAIT for one coat to dry before applying a second coat as this will cause clumping.

Other then that, I am in love. A customer even asked me was I wearing false eyelashes while I was wearing this mascara.

on 10/16/2014 7:07:00 AM

So, one layer of this mascara leads to a pretty basic mascara. As soon as you apply the second layer it goes so clumpy, my lashes all stick together and it's just a hot mess. I've tried it a few times now and always get the same results. I'd pass on this one and get the essence "get big lashes" mascara instead. The wand bristles are also super short and it's easy to poke yourself in the eye with this!

on 10/12/2014 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an over hyped cheap drugstore mascara. After I saw so many positive reviews online and even in a magazine I really wanted to make it work for me.I wiped off the excess and applied the mascara only on my top lashes(I usually do this). It looked ok at first nothing extreme or impressive just a very basic mascara, didn't do much in terms of curling or volumizing even though I have pretty long lashes anyways.And then a few hours later most of the mascara had transferred from my eyelashes to my bottom eyelid.I had panda eyes for the rest of the evening and I find that this is the case with really cheap mascaras from essence or NYC.You are better off buying a more expensive one that does the job cause this is literally a waste of money.I know it's only a few euros but you might as well throw it out the window.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Essence I heart EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective