October 21, 2014 | 2037 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by montereydiver

I was introduced to this mascara through a FB online party. I have very short and puny lashes so I wanted to see what kind of results I could get. First few tries I didn't see the results others seemed to be getting, but then I slowed down a tad, paid attention to what I was doing and BAM! Lash attack! Haven't looked back.

I haven't experienced any lash loss, in fact my lashes have lengthened and gotten a bit thicker since I've started using it, going on two months of almost daily wear.

With such long lashes, I could see people inadvertent snagging their newly lengthened lashes on glasses or playing with them more than usual.

In any case, neither myself or any of my friends have had any problems or lash loss. I used to use Diorshow and other high end mascaras and none can beat this mascara. They have a customer for life.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 More reviews by ckourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing! The 3D lashes dramatically extended my real lashes and also added volume. They seriously look like beautiful false lashes. The application does take some practice, I struggled at first. But once you get the hang out it you'll lashes will look incredible! The amount I apply depends on the time. Obviously for day-time wear I apply one light coat and for night-time I layer it on for a dramatic effect.

Even my mom, with very sparse lashes that do not curl enjoyed this product. It was the only mascara she has ever been satisfied with!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Ubas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara ever! It did take a little practice at first but I will never use another mascara! It DOES wash off easy with warm water and facial cleanser. I have NEVER experienced lashes falling out like people are claiming. On the skin deep cosmetics database, it is rated as a toxicity 2 which is low hazard. So the ingredients are at a safe and appropriate level. Plus, it comes with a money back guarantee! Here is a company going above and beyond to take care of its customers. I LOVE mine and I can't stop raving about it! Also, I thought it was pricey at first, but for what it does and how the company is there to help u if it doesn't work for you...it's worth it! Mine lasted 3 months (I'm on my 2nd purchase now). That amounts to 33 cents a day. Who can't afford that? It's a great splurge and I can wear it every day! Love Love Love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by nelehhx

I'm still not sure whether I like this or not, but so far, it's not bad. It improves length quite a bit, but not to the extent that I would have hoped (I have quite large eyes but my eyelashes are so short and stumpy they would have gotten bullied in high school). It does NOT give a false lash effect, and I don't think that is achievable with this product. To do so you'd have to use a lot of product, and if like me you have teeny lashes, you'll just end up with a spidery mess - yuck. Could work for people who already have fairly long lashes tho. Honestly, I think I'd be able to get a similar effect from a really GOOD mascara, but all of the effective mascaras I have tried use ingredients that I'm not happy to put near my eyes.

I haven't experienced any lash loss but I haven't used it much yet. I find it very necessary to brush my lashes after I apply the fibres, or else it doesn't look nice at all. Also, I have had no problems whatsoever when removing - I use coconut oil (and highly recommend it) to remove makeup and it easily comes off with this.

All in all, it definitely isn't a HG product for me. It does look nice, but if you have super short lashes like me, don't expect any miracles. Maybe I'm expecting too much, maybe I just need some more practice, but I'll keep using this for now.

EDIT: This stuff is a disaster on me. Fibres got in my eyes during the day, lashes felt uncomfortable, and it flaked/fibres fell out. Perhaps I'm not using it right, I'm not sure. But I really can't be bothered spending so much time and effort on my eyelashes when other products are good to go in a swipe.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

Does take practise. I do like it. Have to make sure to add a good amount of gel after the fibres to hold the fibres in place and not fall. If either tubes starts to dry out, put a couple of inches of warm water in a cup and let the tubes sit in water for 5 mins. I read that helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this stuff. I have sad eyelashes and I wear strip lashes all the time. I use benefit they're real then younique. The price is the only reason I would hesitate a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Dany37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've read alot of the reviews for this product and I guess people are assuming they are coming from Younique sellers, I don't know. Well, I am here to tell you...I AM NOT! I heard or rather read about the product on Instagram, from that point I googled and researched it which is what I do with any product before I purchase. From that point, I went on eBay and purchased. Let me just say,"WOW"!!! I LOVE IT!!! After wearing lash extensions for about 9 months (VERY EXPENSIVE I MIGHT ADD), once I had them removed, my lashes were all but gone! Only a few tiny, sparse lashes remained. I was devastated, will never do lash extensions again,though they were beautiful. I immediately researched Latisse, invested in it at my local spa and started to use it. I'd been using it for about 4 weeks then heard about Younique. The Younique results are utterly amazing!! I could not be happier. I first apply my Lancome Grandiose mascara and then the Younique. My lashes are so long, luscious and full. I am a full convert with Younique. I have not had any lash loss but that may be due to the Latisse so I can't really say for sure but I can say that I am hooked. I use it everyday with no issues and the application is fairly easy and takes me maybe about 5-10 minutes tops in the morning. I make it last in my morning makeup regime. Once applied, I use my lash brush to remove any excess so I won't have spider lashes. Again, I am not a seller or paid spokesperson. I am a true customer and lover of the product. I have been using it now for about 2 weeks. I like dramatic eyes everyday so this just works out perfect for me. I don't have any excess fibers falling during the day and no smudging or eye irritation. It didn't take a lot of practice for me to get the hang of it from first usage because I'd already researched how to use it before purchasing but the instructions that come with it are clear and concise. I really hate it for those that had a bad experience with it because I get sooooo many compliments and people asking me am I wearing falsies. I just hope the company doesn't ever discontinue the product. That would be TRAGIC...IMO anyway! :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by samanthaCA77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this mascara while at my hairdresser. At first I loved it and immediately went home and bought it. After about 2 weeks of using it I noticed my lashes disappearing. So I called my girlfriend who also just started using it and she told me hers were falling out too! So now I just use it on special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by penelopet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best stuff I have ever used, makes it look like I am wearing fake lashes, amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by COLLZ09

I really wanted to like this mascara and I don't think I am necessarily giving up on it yet. but I am taking a break from it. I tried it at my friend's house who was selling it and it seemed okay but I was putting it over mascara I had been wearing all day so I couldn't get much of a feel for it. I purchased it anyway.

Pros:
1. The packaging is great! I wish all mascara came in nice little cases like this. An the case can totally be re-used as an eyeglass case if you wanted to.
2. It is a lot of product. They say it will last 3 months but there is so much that i am sure it would last way longer.
3. When you get it on right it does look great. But getting it to look great is hit or miss.

Cons
1. It is a pain. At first i couldn't get it to come out right. I tried multiple techniques but I will estimate that it only came out good 2 out of 5 times I put it on. It takes a ton of effort and time and if it comes out bad and you want to re-do it, it is not as easy to remove and start over again as regular mascara is. And it never looks natural. You either see the fibers or it is too dark or just, well, not natural looking. Even the pictures I see people post don't look right. I am sorry but I don't want my lashes to look fake.
2. It is a mess to take off. Those fiber things get everywhere. I find them in the shower and in the sink so I need to make sure I clean up really well every time I remove this mascara.
3. It does NOT come off easily. They say it comes of easily with warm water, but it takes a lot of effort. And it is very easy to get the fibers into your eyes while taking it off. I don't want my makeup to need as much effort to take off as it does to put on.
4. As other reviewers have said, I did experience lash loss wit this.I always would lose lashes while taking the mascara off. I don't know if this is from how well it adheres or the effort it takes to remove it but every time I have worn it I lost lashes. I even have a section on my right eye where my lashes are shorter than the res because I lost several in that area. And what a pain it is to make that area look normal while they grow back in!

What it comes down to it this mascara is too much trouble and effort for the end result. And the loss of lashes, not thanks! The best mascara I have ever used is bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara. It goes on beautifully with just one coat and if anything it helped improve my lashes instead of damage them. It is also $11 cheaper! :-) I plan on going to Sephora on my lunch break today and buying that mascara to replace the 3D Fiber Lash.