Alberto Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Ammonium Chloride, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Thiamine HCI, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 420990), Yellow 5 (CI-19140).

This is another shampoo my brother seems to like but I'm not crazy about.
It's not as drying as their other clarifying shampoo vanilla & mint but it comes close.
Good if you have short hair, oil, build up. Not good for me with long hair and dry ends.
If I only had this stuff around it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's deff. not my first pick from Vo5.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love lemongrass products so had to try this cheap alternative. Thought the jelly consistency was odd but the lather, which is most important, is not bad. More interestingly, noticed it works nice on skin better than other body washes. It seems to refine/erase pores by removing residual dirt and oil. My oily face seems to like it too. Try it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up at Giant because it was on sale for 79 cents and I had just run out of my giant bottle of Redken Cleansing Cream. I had bought the Redken bottle back when I wasn't so broke from paying for school, and when I finally ran out, I needed a cheaper clarifying shampoo. Vo5 Clarifying Shampoo got really good reviews on MUA and since I use this as my basis on whether or not to buy products, I figured, why not? It was only 79 cents.

It smells really good, fresh and fruity without being too sweet. When I lather, it feels like it is stripping my hair. I hate that squeaky clean feeling, I guess I was spoiled by the Redken. But I could definitely tell my hair was free of the waxes and serums I use on it every day. So this did a good job on clarifying.

I don't condition my hair at the roots since my hair gets really oily up there. So my hair felt tangly and raw while it was drying. That kinda irritated me. But after it dried, my hair felt very soft and clean, which was nice.

I would like this more if it didn't leave such a stripping feeling. But for 79 cents, it does a great job, and without ammonium lauryl/laureth sulfate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I picked this up on vacation since the sand and salt water was really building up in my hair and making it feel really gross. I remember my mom using this on me as a child, So the smell really brings back memories :) It really cleanses my hair without over drying. For $.79, I would definitely repurchase. But one bottle has lasted me 8 months so far so I probably won't need to for a while! I also used this on my (very, very) long haired puppy after she got in to the trash and smelled terrible. I tried everything, but the smell was still lingering, so in a fit of desperation, I used this on her and the smell was gone and get coat was so much softer and shinier!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love this shampoo--another MUA recommendation :) I got my husband to use it once a week to deep clean his scalp and he loves it. Doesn't strip my red hair and gets the gunk out.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Smells amazing, but is a horrible clarifying shampoo! I usually use Suave clarifying shampoo and my hair feels so clean and has so much body after I use it. I decided to give this one a try along with the conditioner since it smells so good. My hair after washing is shiny, but is also limp and extremely difficult to style. I should have stuck with my suave clarifying shampoo- I will not repurchase this again.

I thought I'd end up not liking this product but I did. It was on sale for $.69 for the shampoo and conditioner. I was at my local neighbor hood store. I thought this product must be terrible to be this cheap. I decided to smell the product to my surprise it smelt great. I decided to get the set shampoo and conditioner. I washed my hair with the products. I used the shampoo on my scalp and conditioner on my ends and I'm a weekly washer. To my surprise my hair came out clean, smelt great, and it has become my favorite shampoo set.

This product is AMAZING. Until recently, my hair had been super dry and damaged...I loaded as many styling products and conditioners onto it as I could. Unfortunately, it began to develop a gross, product-y texture-Now what? This product not only got rid of ALL the gunkyness in my hair, it also left it soft and shiny...I have naturally wavy hair, and I was left with no frizz.

I never thought that I had an issue with build-up as I always assumed your hair would look greasy if you needed a clarifying product ..... my hair was the opposite in that it started to look, dry, frizzy and I had a few sticky pieces. I tried Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream which made my hair worse, but then decided to try VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner and could not believe the difference ..... Once a month, I use the shampoo, and conditioner followed by Enjoy's Hair Mask plus I do an apple cider vinegar rinse and my hair looks great ..... it has shine and looks healthy. If you hair is starting to look dry and frizzy, it can be that you need a clarifying product and I highly recommend VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner (they are cheap and really work.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have to say, I have tried many shampoos from the most expensive to the cheapest. As far as clarifying shampoos goes this one is the best and it's also the cheapest. I have very thick, long hair. I use lots of oils, deep conditioners, treatments, dry shampoos and hair sprays. All of that results in buildup in my hair but this stuff gets rid of EVERYTHING. So thankful for this!

PROS:
-smells delicious, it's a sweet kiwi smell. so good!
-it has lots of vitamins in it! its' got vitamin E,C,B5 and B3. so if you like to spoil your hair with some nutrients this has it!
-gets every single trace of product buildup out of my hair with ONE wash. my hair feels clean and refreshed.
-even though youre getting a deep clean from this it doesn't suck all the life out of your hair. some clarifying shampoos just take out everything and make your hair feel dehydrated and dry. this doesn't do that. my hair felt soft and healthy and free off any gross residue.
-any drugstore or supermarket will have this. i got mine at walgreens but ive seen it at walmart, target, cvs, publix, rite aid. you're bound to find it somewhere.
-i got mine for 97 cents! I got a little discount with my walgreens card (originally it was like 1.25) best 97 cents i have ever spent.

CONS
-none!