April 18, 2014 | 1761 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by UHDPA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Great shampoo for those who skip a day or two between washes. It really clarifies your hair and keeps oil at bay even on the second day. I have used it for about a week now...So far it has been great, it even got rid of my dandruff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I haven't used V05 in years because it used to dry my hair out. I needed a cheap-o clarifying shampoo to use before applying color to my hair so I got this because it's super-cheap (I paid a buck for it at Family Dollar, but I have seen it at HEB for like 79 cents) and it's cruelty-free. I only used the shampoo and wowee, my hair is SOFT! My hair has NEVER felt this soft before, EVER! My hair is normally very dry, frizzy and horribly damaged from years of bleaching and harsh chemical hair dyes so the thought of shampooing without conditioner sounded simply horrid. This stuff shocked and amazed me. My hair is smooth, soft, shiny, and oh-so bouncy! I can run my fingers through it from rot to tip and it's just so soft and healthy-feeling! I will certainly include this into my weekly rotation! I love the smell too, it smells kind of like green tea to me. I will certainly buy this again!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a pixie cut, and fine, colored hair. I use this daily to wash out the products that I use in my hair, and it's just wonderful for that. My hair is naturally dark blonde, dyed very dark brown. This does fade my hair color a little bit, and would definitely fade a red dye very quickly. I don't mind the fading. This also comes in a family size pump bottle which is nice. It's dirt cheap. I do not like the other Vo5 shampoos and conditioners, but something is different about the clarifying ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by joanieisverynice

This shampoo makes my hair SO SHINY. I always thought my hair was decently shiny. not perfect, but decent. after using this shampoo, I woke up to find my hair had dried to a super glossy smoothness the likes of which I have never experienced naturally. I usually have to run a flatiron over some sections of my hair to get them this way, but I was able to go out in public without even touching my bangs with a hot tool (unheard of for me!). I can't stop running my fingers through my hair, it just feels so incredibly clean and silky. I really like the smell, since it is clean and fresh, and not chemically or perfumey. best of all it is cheap! I don't think I will use this every time I wash, since some reviewers said it can dry out your hair, but it will definitely enter into my rotation when I feel like my hair is getting lackluster. V05 gets a gold star for this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by qcardsforclass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at the good reviews regarding this product because it dried out my hair like no other. Even when I used it once a week it still didn't do much but cause my hair to feel straw like. I usually liked the Alberto v05 products but this one just didn't do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by alicexie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at a CVS for barely over a dollar when I found out that the reason my deep conditioner seemed to have "stopped working" was likely due to excess buildup and use over time. I looked up clarifying shampoos on makeupalley and went with Vo5 since it was slightly cheaper than Suave's shampoo. I figured both had gotten rave reviews and if I was getting a dollar-store variety shampoo anyway I might as well buy the cheaper one since they were probably about the same in quality. (Suave's was about $2.30.)

Before, about two inches from the tip of my hair had been straw-like in consistency and incredibly dry despite my having used previously effective deep conditioner three times a week, and having stopped using heat styling and even then using heat protectant each time. I had no idea what to do. But after literally just ONE use of this Vo5 stuff in the shower last night--and I am not exaggerating here--ALL of the dryness went away. My hair felt soft and healthy consistently from root to tip. And I did not use deep conditioning afterwards, either.

It's amazing how all this time such a cheap and simple product could make a difference that weeks of expensive deep conditioning couldn't. From now on, I will be using this probably on a once-weekly basis in rotation with my regular shampoo.

In short, if your hair products seem to have stopped working, try this stuff. It's an unbelievable bargain at this price and makes a huge difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesn't exactly work for my hair, but it does perform quite well as a cleanser for my makeup brushes. And that is why I will continue to purchase this very inexpensive (89 cents on sale at CVS) clarifying shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by elph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you want a clarifying shampoo that is creamier and more gentle than most of what's out there, give V05 a try. On my dirt magnet hair it takes using it a couple to a few days in a row for full clarification, but it does do it gently. The kiwi lime scent is definitely different from what else is out there, but it will grow on you. Best of all, it's really inexpensive. This is a low risk proposition folks.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm getting away from parabens but I've been looking for a great clarifying shampoo. Some of the more expensive shampoos have great reviews but they also have parabens. I'm using WEN now so it's must that I clarify every couple of weeks and sulfate and paraben free shampoos the rest of the time.
I've looked at Redken and AG. They cost 20 times the VO5, but they have parabens. The VO5 is paraben free and it works great. My relaxed hair is soft but not stripped after I use it. The key is to use when your hair needs it, not every shampoo. I'm going to keep using this and stop trying to find something better and more expenisve when this works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by pigz4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this clarifying shampoo. After I dried my hair, my hair was literally so light and bouncy! I never felt my hair feel so weightless and it added a good amount volume to my hair. The scent is refreshing and its extremely affordable. I suggest to only clarify when you feel like your hair is getting weighed down from product build-up I to use it once every two weeks. I am happy with this poduct!