October 20, 2014 | 1613 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

After reading that this product is an exact dupe for my HG Purpose facial cleanser, I decided to give it a try! It works just as well, only it's $2 cheaper and contains more product. It smells faintly of chamomile flowers and bar soap, which may be irritating for those with very sensitive skin to fragrances. What I love about this product is it removes ALL my makeup without causing breakouts or redness. The reason why I took off one lippy is that it can be drying and leave skin flaky during these cold winter months. I counteract this by only using it once-a-day. Recommended for acne-prone gals like me who are on a budget!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by skwass

This is my regular cleanser; I switched over from Purpose when I discovered that they have the same ingredients and are both made by J&J. This and Purpose are the exact same product save for the smell and the price. I generally like Purpose's packaging better, though. The pump is easier to use and the shape of the bottle fits in my bathroom better. Both this and the Purpose have bottles that leak somewhat, so if you leave it in your shower it can get diluted by the end, so just keep it out of the line of fire of the shower spray. I have very dry skin in the winter, otherwise it's generally combo. In the winter I find I can only use this at the very most once per day, but it's perfect in the summer. Cleans everything (except waterproof mascara; you'll need a makeup remover for that) and doesn't irritate. Bottom line: near-perfect basic cleanser, but could be drying for some people.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Today is the first time I've used it so I don't know whether or not I will buy again (put "no" for now, may change later if I like it). The pump was kind of annoying, took me a minute to try to push it down to get anything out, maybe it was stuck or locked.

I do like that it foamed up well in my hand with some water, and it got all the oil off my face, however my face was dry and tight after, so I put a bit of lotion on, and now my face stings. Maybe I will try using less of the product next time and hopefully get a better result. My face wasn't red after using it though so that's a plus. Can't say if it helps my acne any right now but later will edit my review when I've used it for a month or more maybe, when I'm due for more new pimples lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

I love this cleanser. I removes my makeup and leaves my face feeling very clean without being left tight or dry. I follow up with toner then my moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried so many face washes over the years, and I think I've finally found my "holy grail"! I have combination skin with occasional blemishes. I've used this for two weeks now, and my skin just looks so much better! This cleanser foams well, removes makeup (including eye makeup, without irritating my eyes at all!), and rinses cleanly. After use, my face feels soft and comfortable. I don't need moisturizer after this, which is a change from other foaming cleansers I've used before. I love that the pump locks closed, too. I'll continue buying this great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't use cleanser to remove my eye make up. Before I wash my face I use a make up wipe to remove my eyeshadow and mascara. I have never found a cleanser that removes waterproof mascara. So if that's what you're looking for then you won't find it here. What you will find however is a gentle foaming face cleanser. It does remove my foundation and all face make up. After using it my face feels clean and fresh. I do however feel a bit of tightness if I don't moisturize afterwards which isn't a big deal. I've been using this on and off for a few years. I was using Fresh Soy Face Cleanser which I really liked but it costs an arm and a leg. I don't feel that spending that much is justified when this cleanser does just as much for my skin. So if you're looking for a simple cleanser then this is for you. It doesn't perform miracles but it works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by sexygirl999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very good gentle but thorough cleanser. I find it removes even Revlon CS foundation and (almost all) waterproof mascara. I also use it to clean my makeup brushes since it's so inexpensive. I'm worried it's been discontinued, though - I can't find it except in stores with very low turnover :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This does not remove makeup. Not even foundation. I bought this for sensitive skin in hopes to be able to use this to remove eye makeup along with other makeup. I now use this after ponds cold cream has removed my makeup. It does fine to make my skin feel clean after the ponds. Don't think I will buy again. I prefer a foaming cleanser that does it all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good facial wash. It doesn't have a bad smell, and it doesn't make me break out or make my skin red. It comes in a clear plastic bottle with a pump, so it's sanitary. It's pretty cheap at about $4. I haven't tried using it day and night, but it would probably be good for that. :)
EDIT: After using this for a few weeks, I don't think it's done any good for my skin. It has sodium laureth sulfate, so that's probably why. I think it aggravated my acne even more, so I stopped using it. I won't be using Clean & Clear anymore. It keeps my face clean, but certainly not clear.
EDIT: Since I don't like using this for my face, I use it to wash my makeup brushes. I use this to remove the makeup, then I use Lacura Hydrating Face Wash to make them feel soft. It really works! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by rko2020

This is a decent cleanser but it wasn't right for me. At first it was working very well but after a while i occasionally developed these red, patchy, irritated,itchy bumps which flared up randomly throughout the day. I would have to use an anti-itch cream to calm them down. Then they would turn into a pimple. I recently switched to the cerave foaming wash and i haven't experienced those itchy, irritated patches yet. I think it was due to the all chemicals that irritated my skin. I have combo skin(sensitive,oily,dry in certain areas)