October 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

My favorite drugstore foundation! I often mix this with Healthy Mix Gel (because I have shade 53 and 54). So this definitely isn't the most accurate review. That being said, it looks natural on skin while giving nice light to medium coverage (depending on my ration of Gel to Radiance Reveal). It might not be the best choice for oily skin. When it's warm out I definitely need to powder midday. Lasts a solid 8-10 hours on my face, which is excellent to me!

I have sensitive skin and this has never broken me out and covers areas of my skin where I have acne scarring or hyperpigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by aliceburgessxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale skin, and find it difficult finding shades to match my skin tone at low prices. I usually wear mac NC15 concealer as a foundation, as I find that it's the only product that matches my skin tone! But it is quite expensive so I went into boots, yet again searching for a pale foundation (which is so hard). I have never owned any Bourjois products, and never really looked at the section in boots, as I am usually led by the crowd to L'oreal, or Maybelline and again, the lightest shade made my skin like orange and patchy. I picked up this product in a hurry. I got home and was surprised, it is the best foundation I have every used. It matches my skin perfectly, it lasts all day. Perfect for a dewy look, although I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin as it will slide off, but for dry skin it is a life saver. Caused no break outs, has lasted a month so far with lots more to go. I will be repurchasing as I find that it is better than most high end brand foundations, such as Urban Decay, Mac or Bare Minerals. It is cheap, fruity smelling, great coverage, great match, and my holy grail foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by AgelessCookie

Until recently, I've only been using mineral foundation because my skin is very sensitive and I hated that heavy, clogging feeling of liquid foundation. Then, by some miracle, I discovered this particular Bourjois foundation. I decided to buy it after extensive research and reviews and, lo and behold, I fell in love with it. I wear the shade #53 in Light Beige. For reference, my shade for Nars Sheer Glow would be Punjab. I've applied it using my hands and a stippling brush, preferring the latter only because I don't like getting my fingers dirty. Both methods work well because the foundation is so easy to apply and blend, melts right into the skin.

I use less than a full pump and it gives the loveliest glow (almost dewy) and feels like I'm not really wearing anything on my face, but it still gives a good amount of coverage - light to medium depending on how much you use. However, it's not very kind to flakey skin. It will excentuate dry patches, but if you moisturize well, it shouldn't be a problem. It lasts me all day right up until I workout in the evening. It still holds well, but, honestly, I don't expect any foundation to last through a super sweaty workout.

As I mentioned earlier, my face is quite sensitive and it did get a little itchy the first few days of wearing the foundtation, but my face got used to it and is now very happy with it. My face feels soft and smooth after I take it off at night. I expect it's got something to do with all those fruit extracts in it. I've been eyeing the serum gel version lately after reading reviews that it feels even lighter than this one. I shall be getting my hands on that one very soon!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this foundation after the rave reviews on here. It sounded like everything I would love in a foundation, long lasting but radiance boosting and shades with a slight yellow undertone. However, I wasn't impressed.

I tried the product applying at 8 am and removing it at 8 pm. Therefore I couldn't test it's claims that it lasts 16 hours, but I would say it looked good for about 8 hours, after which I needed to reapply and powder. However, I would say this is pretty good as I don't expect any foundation to stay put all day apart from Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is too heavy for my liking. My skin is quite sensitive and didn't react to any of the ingredients, however there is a slight fragrance so people with very sensitive skin may want to avoid this one.

The foundation is thicker than the very liquid type foundations I prefer. I would say it's a mix between a cream and a liquid. I found it a bit more difficult to blend than my favorite foundation of the moment, Rimmel Match Perfection, but this is probably due to the difference in texture. I've played about with different methods of application and my favorites are using fingers or using a damp sponge. It felt heavier than other foundations on my skin but after 5 minutes or so I didn't notice the feel of it on my skin anymore. It also dried much quicker than other foundations and I could probably wear this without powder to give it a more glory look. Although I'm sure it wouldn't last as long if I did. The pigmentation in this is great, it offers great coverage without feeling too heavy or cakey. However I don't like how this makes my skin look, it doesn't add any radiance and if anything my skin looked quite flat, which is not a look I like, which is why I never use this anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to see how it compares to the original Healthy Mix, and I haven't actually noticed any difference other than the new name and packaging of Radiance Reveal.

Coverage:
Easily built up from sheer to a good medium, if you push it more it will look somewhat cakey, but not powdery, as this is a dewy foundation. I have very reddish acne marks which stand out a lot on my pale skin, and I find that I can still get good coverage with this even without concealer. I apply a layer over my whole face to even out my skin tone, and then spot-treat the marks that are still showing with dabs of this foundation, so it can double up as concealer.

Finish:
I have dry skin pretty much everywhere except my forehead, which gets oily throughout the day, and I get a dewy or satin-matte finish with this depending on how I apply it. If you apply this with a damp sponge, you'll get a very dewy finish. Some days I leave it like that, some days I powder a little bit. If I apply this with a dry sponge or my fingers, it's an almost matte finish on my dry skin, which I don't like as much, but will do it if I don't have time to blend with a sponge. I find this foundation difficult to apply with my fingers as it is very fluid and seems like it needs to be pushed into the skin a bit.

Lasting power:
Definitely not the 16 hours it claims, but it will look good for about 8 hours, after which (on me at least) it fades. It does transfer unfortunately. Powdering or touching it up doesn't seem to increase the staying power for me, but it does tone down the dewy-ness. I couldn't ask for more from an everyday dewy drugstore foundation, I like this.

Colour:
The shades are on the yellow side, which I like because I have yellow undertones, but very pink undertoned people out there may not like this. My skin is also very light, and I find that drugstore foundations almost never have colours that work with my skin. Maybelline's colour ranges don't go light enough and are too pink, same with Rimmel, Revlon, Collection 2000, Manhattan and pretty much all the drugstore ranges. But Bourjois definitely get props for having light enough shades that work with very light skin. I use shade 51 (light vanilla), and maybe 52 in the summer, but 51 still works. I'm also 51 in their 1,2,3 Perfect foundation and 71 (the lightest) in their 10-Hour Sleep Effect foundation. Those shades all look the same, which is a plus. If you layer this a lot, it does get quite yellow and it may need to be brought down the neck, but it isn't drastic.

Price:
This sells between 10 and 11 pounds (UK), but you can find it cheaper on eBay. Go and shade-match yourself in the drugstore, and order the shade you are on eBay. You can find Radiance Reveal for 7-9 pounds there, and the original Healthy Mix can still be found, for between 6-9 pounds as well. I've ordered both this way, and have not once had any problems.

Packaging:
I preferred the plastic container of the original Healthy Mix, but unfortunately they've switched it to glass with the new Radiance Reveal. It's much heavier now, and god forbid you drop it. It's still a pump, but I don't think it has the mechanism on the bottom that pushes all the contents up that original Healthy Mix has, and that was very handy.

Smell:
A very pleasant fruity smell, pretty much the same as the original one. It doesn't irritate me, never has. Never had breakouts with this foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice light foundation good for everyday use! I did buy a colour too dark so only use it when I tan. It also has a fruity scent so lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I like this foundation but I don't love it. It is extremely light weight and the overall effect it creates and the longevity throughout the day reminds me very much or Josie Maran's matchmaking liquid foundation which I love. The difference is of course if that Josie Maran foundation has argan oil in it and it is slightly mattifying. This Bourjois foundation is very light coverage (at least for me) and I had no problem smoothing it out on my skin over Hourglass minearl veil primer. It stayed semi-matte for an hour or so and became dewy quite quickly (I have combo skin). The one thing I do not care for in this foundation is that for some reason when I set it with powder, after awhile my skin looks rather chalky and greesy at the same time. So I have to smooth out my skin with a velure puff and use a blotting powder to set it again by mid-day.
I am in a process of ordering Mally's poreless skin perfector so hopefully that will make the foundation stay more even and and appear less greesy.
I do like it overall and will continue to use it but since I have an oily t-zone I just have to work with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Rahila520d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation as it is one of the very few that has worked well on my dry skin. Unfortunately, I am between shades, between 53 and 55 but I mix the 53 with a bit of l'oreals lumi magique and it helps to warm the tone up a little as 55 is a tad too dark. However, dueing the winter now that my skin is a little drier than usual, this foundation has started to feel a little heavier and slightly cakey, not sure why. But I would definately buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by 26cyj58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really good foundation, especially considering the price. The packaging is fine, although the lid seems to come off a lot. It smells good, goes on easily and looks lovely on. The coverage is actually really good but still looks natural. It's the one foundation which, when I'm wearing it, I feel confident that it's looking ok and not highlighting every wrinkle and crevice inflicting on my skin!
Only thing is I wish the staying power was slightly better. I also feel that the shade selection could be improved slightly. They are always either too pink or too yellow.
Other than that I've no other complaints. I've purchased foundations a lot more expensive than this one which look awful on the skin. That's why I've repurchased this so many times because I just know it's reliable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by libbier

I have normal/oily skin but it tends to be more oily and shiny at the moment as it is summer here in NZ. The foundation is around medium (less or more and buildable) and blends well. It is yellow toned which made the shade match really well. (I have light-medium skin and i use the shade 53 beige clair). Some reviews say that this foundation would not last or be ideal for oily skin however, the finish on my skin looks semi-matte not so dewy nor satin. I wore the foundation alone from midday to 10pm through sun exposure, wind and work, and it still stayed on and looked fine (shine did come through a little but no big deal). I bought it for $23NZD off ASOS which is so so cheap and actually cheaper than Maybelline and loreal over here. No breakout problem also smells nice.