September 21, 2014 | 1166 users online

Eye Primer - Milani - Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Raemarieeexo

Best eyeshadow primer I've ever used! I love how it makes any eyeshadow show up extra vibrant and it doesn't feel tacky or anything. The price is amazing as well! Under $6 at CVS or your local drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Jujulaboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that this is my favorite eye primer of all time. It is better than UDPP In my opinion. It barely creases on me after a long day and it's very velvety smooth. It's also a dupe for Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It's texture is very creamy and when on lids it creates a smooth satin canvas. It helps eyeshadow blend, intensifies shadow, and makes it very long lasting. It has a skin tone color but it's very sheer, so it doesn't really provide an coverage, (which I prefer.) The packaging is perfect. It's a functional squeeze tube and it's never given me any problems. Overall I highly recommend this product, it's the best eye primer at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great, inexpensive product! Keeps my eyeshadow fresh and in place without creases all day. It looks tinted, but barely shows any colour on skin. I spread it all over the lid, up to my brows, as well as a little line of it under my eye just at the lash line. Keeps any pencil liner in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST. My lids are so oily, even BP get jealous. I also have a hooded eye, so creases and smudging are par for the course whenever I wear shadow, which means I don't leave the house with anything but nekkid eyes on. This primer keeps the colors on ALL DAY and mitigates oily lid syndrome. Of course the color creases just a wee bit along my hood, but I mean, come on, it aint no miracle product. But very close. The creasing is only visible if you're close enough to make out with me, in which case, it's the least of my concerns :D

GO GET IT. It's cheap. It works. Done and done.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by April316

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy that I picked up with product. The Urban Decay primer potion costs $20.00, whereas the Milani Primer costs $5.99 at Walmart. The Milani primer works just as good as the Urban Decay primer, but at a fraction of the cost. My eyelids are fairly oily, so I was happy to see that this drugstore product was able to stand up to my oily lids.
It is a little bit drier than the Urban Decay primer, but it's nothing unbearable - by the end of the day, I can't tell the difference between the two primers. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, I would definitely give this product a try. Rather than repurchase the Urban Decay Primer, I will just stick with this. You definitely can't beat the price, and the best part is that you are not sacrificing the quality of the product.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer works just as well as my oh-so-loved Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's half the price and more easily available. It has a thicker formula, but it spreads just as easily as UDPP. Eyeshadow primer is a must have for me, and this one definitely has taken over UDPP in my makeup stash!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by DeniseR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very surprised at how good this worked! I had Urban Decay and didn't care for the particular one I bought. I decided to try Milani and loved it!!! Works good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST EYESHADOW PRIMER I HAVE EVER USED.
Granted, I haven't tried TFSI or UDPP becuase they are impossible to get in New Zealand (and would probably cost a million billion dollars even if they were) but I have tried a range from NYX (the pot and the HD wand) and Jordana to MAC paint pots and Benefit Creaseless Creams and this is better than all of them.
I am in love.
Comes in a nifty wee tube, small enough to tuck away anywhere you need to stash it and even though I have only been using this for two weeks, I have barely made a dent in it, there's about 9g there, which is very generous for the measly price. Won't dry out and it should be easy enough to get every little last bit out of the squeeze tube. The packaging itself is simple and classy looking, nothing extravagant or fancy but solid and reliable, which I always appreciate.
The primer is a slightly thick, nude coloured cream that applies very smoothly and is easy to spread - it blends out pretty much clear and dries within 30 seconds. You don't need too much, about half the size of a rice grain for each eye is plenty but it really depends on how big your eye area is (mine is huge) and how much space you have to cover, most people would probably only need a tiny amount.
I find all my shadows, even some of the marginally pigmented and powdery ones really look more intense and blend better when applied over this primer. Lasting power is great, it keeps shadows looking impeccable for hours - I get through an entire workday (and then some) without fading, muddiness or creasing, which is completely fabulous.
I don't have oily lids but they aren't dry either so your mileage may vary and as I've mentioned, I have not tried any of the "gold standard" eye primers already available but if you're looking for an affordable and effective option, I really recommend checking this out.
I love it, it is definitely HG for me!
EDIT: Just coming to the last of my first tube (yes, I have backups already!) end of December 2013, it'll probably last another couple of weeks. For use pretty much non stop, 5-6 days a week, this lasting 6 months is fantastic.
Love this stuff!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by palakshah609

This eyeshadow primer is awesome! I don't always wear eyeshadow, but I wear this primer even by itself. I suffer from oily eyelids, and this solved all my problems. It's amazing, it keeps shadows lasting all day. I definitely recommend this primer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by horserider11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

excellent stuff! went to a friends wedding/ reception and we spent the whole day either outside in the blazing sun. never had time for a touchup and at the end of the day after about 16 hours my lids still looked the same as when i left. this stuff is AMAZING! ive used it quite a few times over the last month and it hasnt let me down yet :)