October 25, 2014 | 903 users online

Eye Primer - Milani - Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! I picked this up on a whim after I had finished up a tube of my usual primer ( TFSI). I wasn't expecting much and was only planning to use this until my next trip to Sephora, but after using this a few times I think this might be my new primer of choice! It keeps my makeup looking fresh for just as long (13+ hours for powder eye shadow, about 10-11 for eye liner) as UDPP and TFSI, but at a third of the price. I wouldn't call it a dupe for either product as the consistency is different (Milani's is thinner/less creamy than the other two and is less tinted), but it does the same job and does it just as well. I haven't tried it yet with a sheer or powdery shadow to see if it's as good at enhancing sub-par quality shadows as a high end primer, but just in terms of meeting my every day eye makeup needs this primer is a steal for the price. I'd highly recommend it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I haven't bought udpp since it came with a wand. Once my last tube ran out I decided to try drugstore a primer. There isn't a big selection tbh! When milani came out with this I of course picked it up immediately. It works well. It does exactly what an eyeprimer should do while being affordable and from a cruelty free company. I'm very happy with how my eye makeup holds up throughout the day and the packaging is simple & I think, cute. Will repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Jerena

Finally a drugstore dupe for UDPP!!! I had to go the the store that i hate just to get this primer and i'm glad i did. Consistency wasn't as creamy as udpp but it lasts the same on my eyelids. Now i don't need to buy anymore UD for 20$ when this one cost only 6$ and its basically the same product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Loving it! A little goes a long way, great for keeping my eyeshadows on, and my FAVORITE PART is that it even helps my cat-eye liquid liner stay on all day. Very happy with this impulse buy!! ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by supeya

This primer definately makes my eyeshadow a lot vibrant and last longer. Many people are comparing this primer to UDPP, which I strongly disagree because it prevents any creasing and increases the longevity of the shadows. The consistency and color of the product is similar. However, I didn't like the finish this primer gave me. For some reason every time I used my eyeshadows with this primer, I had wrinkles/folds on my eyelids, which I don't have naturally. It made my eyes look old. It is kind of weird for me because I don't have this problem even without any primer or with any other primers I ever used. If anyone is looking for a cheap eyeshadow primer, I will highly recommend the ELF eye primer which is about $3 and it gives a excellent finish.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Raemarieeexo

Best eyeshadow primer I've ever used! I love how it makes any eyeshadow show up extra vibrant and it doesn't feel tacky or anything. The price is amazing as well! Under $6 at CVS or your local drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Jujulaboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that this is my favorite eye primer of all time. It is better than UDPP In my opinion. It barely creases on me after a long day and it's very velvety smooth. It's also a dupe for Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It's texture is very creamy and when on lids it creates a smooth satin canvas. It helps eyeshadow blend, intensifies shadow, and makes it very long lasting. It has a skin tone color but it's very sheer, so it doesn't really provide an coverage, (which I prefer.) The packaging is perfect. It's a functional squeeze tube and it's never given me any problems. Overall I highly recommend this product, it's the best eye primer at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great, inexpensive product! Keeps my eyeshadow fresh and in place without creases all day. It looks tinted, but barely shows any colour on skin. I spread it all over the lid, up to my brows, as well as a little line of it under my eye just at the lash line. Keeps any pencil liner in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST. My lids are so oily, even BP get jealous. I also have a hooded eye, so creases and smudging are par for the course whenever I wear shadow, which means I don't leave the house with anything but nekkid eyes on. This primer keeps the colors on ALL DAY and mitigates oily lid syndrome. Of course the color creases just a wee bit along my hood, but I mean, come on, it aint no miracle product. But very close. The creasing is only visible if you're close enough to make out with me, in which case, it's the least of my concerns :D

GO GET IT. It's cheap. It works. Done and done.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by April316

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy that I picked up with product. The Urban Decay primer potion costs $20.00, whereas the Milani Primer costs $5.99 at Walmart. The Milani primer works just as good as the Urban Decay primer, but at a fraction of the cost. My eyelids are fairly oily, so I was happy to see that this drugstore product was able to stand up to my oily lids.
It is a little bit drier than the Urban Decay primer, but it's nothing unbearable - by the end of the day, I can't tell the difference between the two primers. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, I would definitely give this product a try. Rather than repurchase the Urban Decay Primer, I will just stick with this. You definitely can't beat the price, and the best part is that you are not sacrificing the quality of the product.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No