Avene Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

4.1

Water - Mineral Oil - Glycerin - PPG-15 Stearyl Ether - Cyclomethicone - Cetearyl Alcohol - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Glyceryl Stearate - PEG-100 Stearate - Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - Cetearyl Glucoside -Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol- BHT - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Laureth-7 - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Polyacrylamide - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide - Xanthan Gum

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have horribly dehydrated skin, extremely rough and dry, to the point of being very uncomfortable. Most days my face feels so dry not just to the touch, but so dry it's uncomfortable and has this persistent 'taught' and completely dehydrated sensation, like when you have cracked or horribly dry skin elsewhere and it's so dry and irritated, you're constantly aware of it on a mental, conscience level (versus just when you see or touch an area of dry skin). This moisturizer felt like dried out play-doh on the outside and then when rubbed in my fingers before applying, gave way to a creamier texture inside. That outer grainy feel, as if it dispenses with some dried out silicone coating, reminds me of products in the Paula's Choice line and is definitely not something someone with extremely dry skin wants to encounter.

Its only good point? It's in a squeeze tube that is made of thicker, colored plastic so it's rather well protected from sunlight and bacteria when dispensing the product.

on 3/17/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Really nice hydrating moisturiser for daytime. Doesn't break me out, moisturises thoroughly, doesn't clog pores and does not irritate (even though it has fragrance).

I was told by my pharmacist that Avène guarantees that their product will not cause an allergic reactions (I don't know how they could, but that's what she said) and that they offer a full refund if you return the product to where you got it. I don't know it that's how it works everywhere, but thought I'd add it to those of you, who had a reaction to their products.

on 2/9/2012 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product has been a life saver for my very dry sensitive skin. Just to give you an idea of how dry my skin is, the skin all over my face peels off constantly. My face is usually one dry patch of peeling skin regardless of how much i moisturize or care for my skin. This product is so amazing that on my second day using it, my dry patches were decreased by a whole 50%, it blew my mind! After 3 months of having used this product I think its safe for me to say that this is the best facial moisturizer for dry skin. It keeps my skin extremely hydrated and dry spot/ peeled skin free and does not make me oily at all. I do have acne prone skin as well as I do tend to get breakouts and with this product I have noticed neither an increase or decrease in the amount of acne I have. I have used this product at night and during the day, under makeup and it seems to perform perfectly at all times. If you have dry, peeling, and sensitive skin I highly recommend giving this a try!

on 1/24/2012 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have acne-prone skin so I am constantly using harsh creams to keep the acne at bay and obviously this is extremely drying to my skin even though it is quite oily all the time. I am usually VERY hesitant to using these types of intensive creams because the grease usually makes me break out. Surprisingly I have not experienced a single break out from using this, which has been about two years now. It provides instant relief for my skin and might sometimes burn depending on how dry my skin is (but it is tolerable). I use it as a night cream, every other night. I wouldn't use it as a daily or day wear moisturizer because it is very greasy and does make your face look greasy, but who cares since I am using it at night.

on 4/11/2011 7:08:00 PM

Love love love this moisturizer. I was having problems with moisturizer 'quitting' on me during the day and leaving behind painful dry skin patches. This one lasts all day, leaving skin smooth and no residue. I don't like SS creams, prefer to get SPF protection in MMU so this cream is perfect for me. I use this every morning and Eluage products at night. Avene is such a great brand.

on 3/11/2011 4:34:00 AM

I have extremely fair, sensitive combi skin and live in tropical climate so its hot and humid outside, and dry and cold inside due to the constant airconditioning. Adult acne breakouts, redness and dry skin which causes my frown lines to stick out more than necessary are my main problems! I have tried a whole lot of products; Clinique - broke me out, Olay regerist - I wanted to love this but my skin had a disastruous reaction to this and I had to see a derm, Origins - am too sensitive and many of the plant extracts irritated my skin etc.. I have used Avene in the past, but somehow got bored with the range and felt that I had to use too many different products (Eluage, serum, Ystheal) essentially I felt confused and conned and decided to stop using the range. Am currently using Vichy Aqualia Thermal SPF15 for daytime use, Vichy CxP serum underneath both day and night, and have started using this Avene cream again. All I can say is that this cream calms my skin, gives it a fantastic glow and healthy appearance and is alltogether a very priceworty and awesome cream! Wouldnt go for the whole Avene range again, but will stick with this cream.

on 12/22/2010 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use several different Avene moisturisers. In the UK this is pretty cheap, especially compared to the ones I've used before.

I sometimes use this morning and night and sometimes just in the evenings when I alternate with the light version or cleanance. I sometimes mix it with diacneal to get some glycolic acid in there.

I like how this does not leave a horrible greasy feeling on my skin. This does not break me out (or any other avene moisturiser) which is fantastic. I did take one lippy off as I really wished that Avene did not use frgrance in any of their creams. I don't see the need for fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm having mixed feelings on this cream.
It's a great moisturizer for normal to dry skin (really dehydrated skins might be better out with richer formulas) and also a good base for make up if you're using this in the morning. I like that it has no SPF so you can actually use it day and night. Not greasy, not a problem with pores, didn't break me out, the price is in the medium range.

The reason I'm giving 4 lippies is that it performs really well as a basic moisturizer, but I don't want to slather my face in paraffinum liquidum twice a day, so I'm sure I won't repurchase. Avene is a good brand but should put more effort in ensuring its products do not contain harmful ingredients, and PL is one of the worst ones.

on 11/18/2010 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My skin got very dry & I needed a hydrating moisturizer to get me through until my hg winter moisturizer (Keihl's Ultra Facial Cream) came in the mail. I picked this up from the drugstore because Avene is supposed to be good for sensitive skin & my skin was so dry it felt paper thin. It barely felt hydrating going on & provided no moisture through the day. It left my skin with a bit of an uncomfortable siliconey film. Also, it had quite a heavy scent that I didn't like. The one thing I did like was the tube packaging. It sells for $38 Canadian before tax, so I was VERY relieved I didn't have trouble returning it. On the advice of MUA I got Eurerin 5% Urea Moisturizer (for half the price) to tide me over and its very nice.

on 10/13/2010 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The only thing that I don't get is; why does Avene use perfume in this cream? Because it's suppose to be for sensitive skin types and perfume can irritate the skin. This is a nice cream, I don't find the texture to thick, I actually thought it was quite thin for a "Rich" cream but I'm used to using thicker moisturizers so that could just be me. It's sinks in the skin quickly and has not irritated my skin so far. I also liked Biotherm Biosensitive Rich creme, but these are all basic cremes and I like to find something cheaper!