October 31, 2014 | 1088 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use several different Avene moisturisers. In the UK this is pretty cheap, especially compared to the ones I've used before.

I sometimes use this morning and night and sometimes just in the evenings when I alternate with the light version or cleanance. I sometimes mix it with diacneal to get some glycolic acid in there.

I like how this does not leave a horrible greasy feeling on my skin. This does not break me out (or any other avene moisturiser) which is fantastic. I did take one lippy off as I really wished that Avene did not use frgrance in any of their creams. I don't see the need for fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm having mixed feelings on this cream.
It's a great moisturizer for normal to dry skin (really dehydrated skins might be better out with richer formulas) and also a good base for make up if you're using this in the morning. I like that it has no SPF so you can actually use it day and night. Not greasy, not a problem with pores, didn't break me out, the price is in the medium range.

The reason I'm giving 4 lippies is that it performs really well as a basic moisturizer, but I don't want to slather my face in paraffinum liquidum twice a day, so I'm sure I won't repurchase. Avene is a good brand but should put more effort in ensuring its products do not contain harmful ingredients, and PL is one of the worst ones.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by MIAdelaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin got very dry & I needed a hydrating moisturizer to get me through until my hg winter moisturizer (Keihl's Ultra Facial Cream) came in the mail. I picked this up from the drugstore because Avene is supposed to be good for sensitive skin & my skin was so dry it felt paper thin. It barely felt hydrating going on & provided no moisture through the day. It left my skin with a bit of an uncomfortable siliconey film. Also, it had quite a heavy scent that I didn't like. The one thing I did like was the tube packaging. It sells for $38 Canadian before tax, so I was VERY relieved I didn't have trouble returning it. On the advice of MUA I got Eurerin 5% Urea Moisturizer (for half the price) to tide me over and its very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only thing that I don't get is; why does Avene use perfume in this cream? Because it's suppose to be for sensitive skin types and perfume can irritate the skin. This is a nice cream, I don't find the texture to thick, I actually thought it was quite thin for a "Rich" cream but I'm used to using thicker moisturizers so that could just be me. It's sinks in the skin quickly and has not irritated my skin so far. I also liked Biotherm Biosensitive Rich creme, but these are all basic cremes and I like to find something cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my hg moisturising cream! I will never go without it as long as avene produces it. Before I had this I used a lot of different moisturisers but they often either didn't sink in very well and left a strange residue or made me look oily or just didn't moisturise at all, and I have used different brands, many much more expensive than this. Avene hydrance optimal riche on the other hand sinks in beautifully, never makes my skin oily, and it feels smooth and well hydrated afterwards. It's also great that it's in a tube, so it's sanitary. It's very cheap in Germany, so whenever I go to Berlin, which is very often I can get a tube of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Kruemmelchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just LOVE this moisturizer! When I used to live in Germany a few years back I always had all the AVENE products available a few steps away at a nearby pharmacy.
ANyways, this moisturizer is amazing!Every moisturizer seems to make me break out (my last experience was with the Cosmedix Phytoclear moisturizer, not worth the price).This Hydrance optimale riche cream moisturizes my skin perfectly and seems to even calm down my breakouts, it is a miracle moisturizer in my book. I strayed in the last few years to try out high end products and natural ones (Jan Marini, IS Clinical,Bioelements,Kate Somerville,MD Forte, Cosmedix with the natural ones being Dr Alkaitis,Intelligent Nutrients,Sircuit skin etc.) but after all those other lines and moisturizers I can honestly say this is the superstar of them all.It gives the skin a very healthy appearance,a shine,yet not an oily shine if that makes sense and hydrates all day.For me it is not too rich to use during the day even in summer. If you get the chance try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kerli310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used it in wintertime for two-three weeks. Loved it - the product is unbelievably moisturizing, leaves the skin smooth and soft + adds a really healthy-looking glow. The best moisturizer I have tried in my entire life. However, I started getting some really weird white dots and pimples from it and had to give it up.

Will definitely repurchase and give it another try in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by aimo5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cream, I have sensitive skin and rosacea and this is one of the few products that soothes my skin. it is expensive but one tube lasts me at least 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. I used this as a follow on from the Skin Recovery cream and Anti-redness light emulsion. Having bought those to ease the cosmetic load on my skin in an attempt to beat adult acne I had found that a significant part of the problem lay in over-cleansing, stripping out my skin's natural moisture and generally aggravating it, and the SRC had helped, but as my skin became accustomed to it I realised more moisture and not less was what it had needed all along.
I love this, it's really thick and gentle, good at any time of day (have just purchased the version with SPF to see how I fare with that, so will put a review in when I've tried it), and is non-greasy, non-comedogenic and very moisturising. Yes, it's a little expensive, and all the Avene products are, but a little does go a long way, and I feel for what these products have done for my skin, they are definitely worth it. Will buy again, and again, I am sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by damiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is very hydrating and can cause the skin to appear shiny, this product works best if it's used at night and followed by the Avene light moisturizer in the morning. This product is great for dry-oily skin because it does not cause additional breakouts. However, the only problem with this product is the price, it's very expensive for such a small container. But overall this product is great, I have used it for about a year and I purchased it twice in just a year, so it is long lasting.