November 23, 2014 | 987 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - HD Studio Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful finishing powder! Makes me look practically poreless when used on top of my foundation/BB cream. I use it everyday, even if it's just on top of my acne medicine or moisturizer or sunscreen. Keeps me much less oily than I'd normally get (also depends on what I have on underneath it). It does not break me out YAY! The packaging, however, isn't great. The holes that the powder sifts through are too big so a lot of product comes out, and there is not a twist-and-lock mechanism like BareMinerals powder foundation, so it's definitely not travel friendly unless you can keep it upright the entire time. Other than that, it's wonderful! Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$9.99 USD. Thanks to Beautyforless for inspiring me to get this! The packaging is horrible, much like BB loose powder. I transferred mine to old NARS powder case with mesh sifter that I save for this kind of use. The product is Very matte and on me, I had absolutely no need to blot through a normal working day. Usually, I have to blot couple of times. On me this works better to finish liquid foundation than on bare skin, as I found it a tad drying on tzone skin. Personally, I see slight white cast right after putting it on, but it blends and disappears after absorbing oils on the skin. A normal powder brush works better than kabuki, and I think synthetic worked better than natural bristle but that could just be personal preference. Also, The texture could be finer, but for the price point it's worth every dollar and more. The silica didn't break out my skin yet but I'll still keep watching as I never know how my skin reacts to new products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried every type of loose powder, high end and low end. Decided that I needed to try this and I am glad I did. This works as well as my NARS powder!!! I love the feel of it!! Will buy it again!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by MES

I have been curious about HD/silica powder for a while but couldn't justify shelling out of MUFE. Saw this at Walgreens on a makeup run and decided to give it a try as the loose powder I have been using for 15 years was discontinued. I paid like $10 for the jar which is certainly cheaper than MUFE, but more per an ounce than my old powder.

Having dry skin I generally stay away from anything with a matte finish but I have to say I am really liking this. It wears a lot better than my old powder (L'oreal Translucide), and is very, very finely milled. I've always been a loose powder kind of girl, but I have only used two others my entire life so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Yes this has a bit of a matte finish, but its not harsh or chalky looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Don't let the white color turn you off, this product is AMAZING. It mattifies just the right amount and gives your face a very airbrushed look. Very finely milled and looks and feels like a product that should've cost $30+. My only complaint is that the packaging, while very chic, can be annoying. The holes in the sifter are way too large for such a finely milled product, so you either end up with way too much or way too little, and when you try to tap it back down it creates a cloud of powder. The product itself however, is fantastic and a staple for anyone's makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by slhill45

This is a fabulous finishing powder that is less than a third of the price of a high end HD powder I formerly used. It appears to be exactly the same product as my former fave I purchased at Sephora. $10 vs. $30+? I will take it! Finishes and sets makeup beautifully. I use the white one (translucent) but have no issues with a white cast; it actually give a matte, lovely glow . Ladies give it a whirl - I don't think you will be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Light
-Leaves a soft finish
-Matte but not "cakey"
-Stays matte for hours
-Affordable

Cons:
-Can accentuate dryness
-Leaves a white cast in photos

Overall:
I bought this at Target for $5 which is very reasonable in my opinion. In the past I had tried Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish Powder, but I just think that $30 for silica powder is way too much. I mean the ingredients in this powder are exactly the same. Both powders have the same feel, they also give the same look. When I use this to set my foundation, my foundation doesn't feel sticky or greasy for most of the day. This powder leaves a matte finish, on my skin it looks glowy, beautiful and never "cakey". This powder lasts most of the day on my skin, I do have to blot my T-zone after a few hours though. I have to be careful when using this, because I have dry skin. I have to use a very light hand and sometimes I have to completely avoid my dry areas or the results are not good. I don't use this powder everyday though, because I don't like a matte finish all of the time. My skin has never had a reaction to this powder, which is another pro. Silica powders do leave a white cast in pictures, but that's fine because I can simply not wear this when I know I'll be photographed. I will definitely repurchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by nikkchikk

LOVE it. Love it alone, over BB cream, or over a full face of makeup. Next to mascara, I can't live without this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I just recently got this product and I've only used it a couple times but I am in love. This powder is amazing. I have been on the hunt for my HG setting powder and I think I've found it! It is so finely milled, it makes the skin appear flawless. It does leave a white cast in photos though, which is why I took off a star. I have a pretty oily t-zone and this powder keeps the oil at bay a lot longer and better than any other product I've used. I touched up once through the day which wasn't a big deal. This powder also doesn't make my face appear cakey which is a huge bonus. I definitely recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by rainberry32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. It makes my face look matte and polished. It really helps your face to look non-cakey and that's what I need. It's a very good price for it's value.