September 19, 2014 | 1835 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kroshicake

I have combination skin and hate when my face gets oily later in the day. Luckily, I discovered this on makeupally and picked it up at my local Ulta. It does exactly what it claims, so I won't bore with the details. However, be sure to apply looking into a mirror so you can ensure the white is blended! Other than that, no troubles! Great alternative to toting around (and using) those blue blotting sheets. I always get curious/sem-disgusted looks from other when using those...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by corrette

I'm one of those girls that has used all her life expensive powders: Dior, Guerlain, Chanel, Shiseido... From time to time I've tried cheaper brands but almost always with terrible results... I have a really oily T Zone, the rest of the face is quite ok. Even the expensive brands didn't work really well, after just one and a half hour, the dammed oil came out. So I did simply accept it, I gave up trying to find a powder that keeps my T Zone for, at least 4 hours free from oil, so easy as that.
But I FINALLY found one that keeps my T Zone shine free for even longer than 4 hours. I read so many amazingly good reviews about this powder, that I had to try it.
Essence is a german brand, I'm living in Berlin so imagine how cheap the brand is here... I decided to give it a try, it costs only 3!.
I simply could not believe when, hour after hour, from time to time I checked my face in the mirror, and the shine didn't came out... I was wearing the same foundation, moisturizing cream... so the whole rutine was the same as usual. The powder was the only one new thing on my face, so that miraculous effect could be only because of the powder. I thought: oh God, I found it, I found it!!!!! :-D
But another great effect is that, the days that I don't want to use fluid foundation, but powder foundation 'cause I'm in a hurry, if I apply the All About Matt before the make up, this one lasts way much longer than without it!!!. This is something that I have experienced with my Shiseido Pureness and Guerlain's Parure powder foundations.
It is simply stunning, great, unexpensive and way much better than the most expensive brands!.
100% recommendable!!!!
I was so terrified that it can be discontinued (that happens quite a lot with very cheap brands), that I bought 4 more.
I simply cannot live without this product. Besides the amazing result on my T Zone, is totally undetectable on my skin, 100% invisible. The skin doesn't look cakey, or even powdered. In a whole journey I had to blot and reapply the powder only once more!!!.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Wanderlust84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder on a whim. I have an oily t-zone, and find that powders look cakey on my pale skin. This, however, is amazing. I put it on overtop of my foundation or bb cream and I'm good to go ALL DAY. No touch ups necessarily. I work in a high stress environment, lots of shift work, and it stays on throughout it all. HIGHLY recommend this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product, it does what it says and lasts all through the day. But, I can't seem to find it anymore in shops (Australia) I'm going to flip my lid if this is discontinued!

If you can find it, get your hands on it, it will not disappoint you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cyung79

I bought this powder a few days ago. I came across it by chance, and read some reviews while at the store and decided to give it a try since it was so cheap, $3.99 CDN. I am VERY impressed with this powder!! It is great at mattifying your face without any white cast, and keeps me oil-free longer than Rimmel's Stay Matte. When oil does start to break through it actually makes me look better! Can you imagine?? I notice as the day goes on and my face has a little oil it makes my skin look so smooth and almost flawless. I am planning on buying another for my purse so I don't have to be without this at any time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by r0san

LOVE this powder! I think I like it more than my Maybelline dream matte powder (I'm very oily!) it's half the cost of it as well - $4 CAN. I'll definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

Best powder I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have one in my office, one in the car, another in my purse - you get the idea.

for the money, this is a hellaaaaaaaaa powder to repair oilies. Mattifies on contact, leaves no residue and keeps skin soft.

yeah the packaging is simplistic -- but hey, it's not what counts.

will keep buying and yes, it looks fantastic on! .. I am not that cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Gb84

My Holy grail no more oily T-zone worth every penny after trying so many drugstore & high end brands finally found a great matt powder .. this is excellent !!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by maybom

First off, thanks to all of the ladies that gave their opinions of this powder :) After reading mostly stellar reviews on this powder, I eagerly went to purchase it. As others had stated, it's priced cheaply...$3.99 Cdn at Shoppers Drug Mart. For me, it did do a better than average job of keeping my VERY oily T-zone matte for longer than any other powder or powder foundation I've ever used. It didn't bother me either that there was no puff or applicator included as I prefer to use my own powder brush. I thought that the white of the powder would make me look kabuki-ish but it blended with my foundation well and doesn't build up. However, I did notice that there's a very subtle shimmer to the powder once it's on my face..not enough to look cheap and it doesn't bother me much because it's not obvious. Would buy again because...the price! you can't beat the price for a better than average product.