July 31, 2014 | 1710 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Wanderlust84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder on a whim. I have an oily t-zone, and find that powders look cakey on my pale skin. This, however, is amazing. I put it on overtop of my foundation or bb cream and I'm good to go ALL DAY. No touch ups necessarily. I work in a high stress environment, lots of shift work, and it stays on throughout it all. HIGHLY recommend this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product, it does what it says and lasts all through the day. But, I can't seem to find it anymore in shops (Australia) I'm going to flip my lid if this is discontinued!

If you can find it, get your hands on it, it will not disappoint you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cyung79

I bought this powder a few days ago. I came across it by chance, and read some reviews while at the store and decided to give it a try since it was so cheap, $3.99 CDN. I am VERY impressed with this powder!! It is great at mattifying your face without any white cast, and keeps me oil-free longer than Rimmel's Stay Matte. When oil does start to break through it actually makes me look better! Can you imagine?? I notice as the day goes on and my face has a little oil it makes my skin look so smooth and almost flawless. I am planning on buying another for my purse so I don't have to be without this at any time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by r0san

LOVE this powder! I think I like it more than my Maybelline dream matte powder (I'm very oily!) it's half the cost of it as well - $4 CAN. I'll definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

Best powder I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have one in my office, one in the car, another in my purse - you get the idea.

for the money, this is a hellaaaaaaaaa powder to repair oilies. Mattifies on contact, leaves no residue and keeps skin soft.

yeah the packaging is simplistic -- but hey, it's not what counts.

will keep buying and yes, it looks fantastic on! .. I am not that cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Gb84

My Holy grail no more oily T-zone worth every penny after trying so many drugstore & high end brands finally found a great matt powder .. this is excellent !!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by maybom

First off, thanks to all of the ladies that gave their opinions of this powder :) After reading mostly stellar reviews on this powder, I eagerly went to purchase it. As others had stated, it's priced cheaply...$3.99 Cdn at Shoppers Drug Mart. For me, it did do a better than average job of keeping my VERY oily T-zone matte for longer than any other powder or powder foundation I've ever used. It didn't bother me either that there was no puff or applicator included as I prefer to use my own powder brush. I thought that the white of the powder would make me look kabuki-ish but it blended with my foundation well and doesn't build up. However, I did notice that there's a very subtle shimmer to the powder once it's on my face..not enough to look cheap and it doesn't bother me much because it's not obvious. Would buy again because...the price! you can't beat the price for a better than average product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by apatheticskittle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

BEST SHINE CONTROL EVER! Granted I haven't tried many primers or powders, but from my personal experience and how MASSIVELY OILY I am, I can vouch that this is a great mattifying/oil control powder. I use this after applying my Missha BB cream with an ELF studio kabuki brush. At first the finish is a little more matte than my personal preference and my face looks a little whitish (for me, idk if it's due to my darker yellow undertones), but give it about an hour for it to fully set and oxidize with your foundation (if you're wearing any underneath)... the look is FLAWLESS! My large pores and hyperpigmentations seem like they're even concealed better. Normally when I wear my BB cream (even with oil control primer), I can last at most 2 hours before my skin becomes oily and cakes up my makeup. With Essence powder, my makeup can last up to 6 hours before I get too oily and have to blot/touch up, but even then my makeup doesn't cake at all!! I can't rave about this product enough... I will definitely be repurchasing this and stocking up!

I bought this for $3.99USD at Ulta, though not every Ulta store carries this product (unfortunately!).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

WOW. WOW. WOW.

This beats any of the drugstore setting powders by a LOT. I've tried the Rimmel Stay Matte, and that didn't work for me. I just recently hit pan on my Maybelline dream matte, and that stuff was way too expensive for me. I was panicking to find something to keep my oily skin in check.

Thank goodness I found the all about matt powder! It goes at about 4 dollars at SDM, and I think this product is more worth than that.

The packaging is simple, and so easy to operate and use. A little bit of this, goes a looongg way. I didn't need to cake on the powder, and it's doing a great job of keeping me matte. It's a great, natural finish, and it looks totally natural.

This stuff. is... too awesome for words.!