October 26, 2014 | 1229 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Lovepink7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks MUA for introducing me to this wonderful product :D! This mattifies and makes my face look smooth. I wish the compact had a mirror. If you use A LOT and are planning to take pictures with flash on, be wary it will leave a white tinge on your face. This lasts a long time, and this is probably my HG blot powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mwolstencroft

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes my face feels so so soft, and it doesn't make me look shiny after days at school. It's also never broken me out, and it feels really light on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product generally does what it says it will and at a very affordable price. I have to admit, it didn't work the best around my oily nose area. I still prefer the Catrice Prime and Fine Loose Powder to this, but I can't really complain about it either. It was worth purchasing and I feel I got my money's worth out of it. The packaging is a bit flimsy, and after a week in my purse, the powder had cracked into many little pieces. I'm not sure what happened, it could have been user error as much as the packaging being cheap. I haven't repurchased it since, but it is a product I would recommend people trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kroshicake

I have combination skin and hate when my face gets oily later in the day. Luckily, I discovered this on makeupally and picked it up at my local Ulta. It does exactly what it claims, so I won't bore with the details. However, be sure to apply looking into a mirror so you can ensure the white is blended! Other than that, no troubles! Great alternative to toting around (and using) those blue blotting sheets. I always get curious/sem-disgusted looks from other when using those...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by corrette

I'm one of those girls that has used all her life expensive powders: Dior, Guerlain, Chanel, Shiseido... From time to time I've tried cheaper brands but almost always with terrible results... I have a really oily T Zone, the rest of the face is quite ok. Even the expensive brands didn't work really well, after just one and a half hour, the dammed oil came out. So I did simply accept it, I gave up trying to find a powder that keeps my T Zone for, at least 4 hours free from oil, so easy as that.
But I FINALLY found one that keeps my T Zone shine free for even longer than 4 hours. I read so many amazingly good reviews about this powder, that I had to try it.
Essence is a german brand, I'm living in Berlin so imagine how cheap the brand is here... I decided to give it a try, it costs only 3!.
I simply could not believe when, hour after hour, from time to time I checked my face in the mirror, and the shine didn't came out... I was wearing the same foundation, moisturizing cream... so the whole rutine was the same as usual. The powder was the only one new thing on my face, so that miraculous effect could be only because of the powder. I thought: oh God, I found it, I found it!!!!! :-D
But another great effect is that, the days that I don't want to use fluid foundation, but powder foundation 'cause I'm in a hurry, if I apply the All About Matt before the make up, this one lasts way much longer than without it!!!. This is something that I have experienced with my Shiseido Pureness and Guerlain's Parure powder foundations.
It is simply stunning, great, unexpensive and way much better than the most expensive brands!.
100% recommendable!!!!
I was so terrified that it can be discontinued (that happens quite a lot with very cheap brands), that I bought 4 more.
I simply cannot live without this product. Besides the amazing result on my T Zone, is totally undetectable on my skin, 100% invisible. The skin doesn't look cakey, or even powdered. In a whole journey I had to blot and reapply the powder only once more!!!.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Wanderlust84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder on a whim. I have an oily t-zone, and find that powders look cakey on my pale skin. This, however, is amazing. I put it on overtop of my foundation or bb cream and I'm good to go ALL DAY. No touch ups necessarily. I work in a high stress environment, lots of shift work, and it stays on throughout it all. HIGHLY recommend this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product, it does what it says and lasts all through the day. But, I can't seem to find it anymore in shops (Australia) I'm going to flip my lid if this is discontinued!

If you can find it, get your hands on it, it will not disappoint you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cyung79

I bought this powder a few days ago. I came across it by chance, and read some reviews while at the store and decided to give it a try since it was so cheap, $3.99 CDN. I am VERY impressed with this powder!! It is great at mattifying your face without any white cast, and keeps me oil-free longer than Rimmel's Stay Matte. When oil does start to break through it actually makes me look better! Can you imagine?? I notice as the day goes on and my face has a little oil it makes my skin look so smooth and almost flawless. I am planning on buying another for my purse so I don't have to be without this at any time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by r0san

LOVE this powder! I think I like it more than my Maybelline dream matte powder (I'm very oily!) it's half the cost of it as well - $4 CAN. I'll definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

Best powder I have ever used!