October 25, 2014 | 1663 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by katiedIrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Nizoral about two weeks ago because I'd been getting dandruff and an irritated, itchy scalp. I've only been using it for the two weeks but even after the first shampoo I noticed a dramatic difference in my hair fallout. There was MUCH less hair fallout! That in itself was a brilliant thing for me, I wasn't expecting it help with hair loss, but it has. I have since learned that the ingredient in it: ketoconazole has been proven to help hair loss. I'm so impressed, I've bought ridiculously expensive products over the past few months and they were absolutely useless and a waste of money, but this is the best haircare product I've used in a long, long time! I still had some dandruff after the first one or two uses, but it's much better now.

They suggest only using for a month and then once or twice a week after but I don't know if I want to part with it that easily! I have tiny bald patches on various parts of my head. My hair is also thin and limp, so I'm intrigued as to what difference Nizoral is going to make to my hair with long term use. I knew that I had a lot of hair fallout but I didn't realize how bad it had been until I noticed the big reduction in shedding after using Nizoral.

My dad used to use it and it was the only shampoo that completely cleared his dandruff.

I would recommend this product to anyone with an irritated scalp and people with excess hair loss, the fact that it worked after just ONE wash is seriously impressive.

My scalp still does itch sometimes when my hair is greasy, but that doesn't bother me simply because I'm so impressed with the reduction in hair loss because of Nizoral.

I love it and I'll continue to buy it, it's definitely worth the money after spending a fortune on 'professional' haircare systems only for them to be a complete and utter waste of time and money!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I found Nizoral to be more drying to my hair and scalp than Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Shampoo, even though I used a moisturizing conditioner after shampooing. It also eliminated my hair's body, leaving it limp.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ShellyRMC

This Nizoral shampoo literally changed my life.

For the past 15 years I've suffered from terrible SD and more than anything, it made me ashamed and depressed. My SD was so bad, I stopped visiting hairdressers to avoid the mortifying look of disgust I received when they looked at my scalp. I wore hats and beanies constantly to avoid anyone seeing any flakes in my hair. Needless to say, it was so devastating I'd often not leave the house to avoid being looked at with disgust. I couldn't even stay over at people's houses because I was so ashamed when they would see those tell-tale flakes on the pillow case and duvet.

I've seen dermatologists and GPs and have tried everything they prescribed to me. I'd tried every steroid cream, every brand of anti-dandruff shampoos on the shelf, even some home remedies of apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil. Nothing worked.

I had all but given up on trying to find a cure. Then I stumbled across Nizoral.

I was hesitant to try it, it being so expensive for such a tiny amount, but I decided to give it a shot. Worst outcome, I'm down about 10 and some wasted time.

The first time I tried it, nothing happened. In fact, my hair felt dry and my scalp was still flaking. But I decided to give it another try 3 days later. And that's when it started to work. I noticed there were less scaley skin on my hairline and forehead. By the 4th wash, my flakes and scales had disappeared. Miracle product.

I have NEVER been more impressed by a product in my whole life. I mean after years of suffering, FINALLY I found my cure. I have never felt more confident in all my life. No more hats, I can now run my fingers through my hair without worrying if anyone will see flakes.

This product literally gave such fast almost instant results. You use a tiny amount each time and it's not frequently that you use it, so in this case a little definitely goes a long way. Plus it's odour-less so no strange scents after (unlike T-gel coal tar).

It's only down side is that, yes, it is a little drying so I do recommend a good conditioner after. And though it's pricey, it's definitely worth EVERY penny because it really works. In fact, I swear by it so much I've ordered 3 more bottles of the stuff so I won't be running out of it anytime soon.

As long as this product is still around, I'll be dandruff free for life. :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am probably on my fifth bottle of this- and I have tried many (head and shoulders, garnier, selsun, neutrogena t gel, loreal, etc) that have either not worked at all or worked minimally.
Nizoral does dry my hair out so I would recommend a good conditioner and dont overdo it. When I have bad issues (they crop up every now and then, Im not sure why) I use it every other time I wash my hair but when Im not having issues I use it maybe once a month. It takes about three times of washing my hair with it to get rid of all problems but they are alleviated after the first use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by starlys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This stuff works!! In fact it is the ONLY thing that has worked for my dry flakes and itchy scalp. For some reason at the end of last summer I started noticing flakes in my hair and that my scalp was dry and itchy. It gradually got to the point where I had these scabby spots of dead skin on my scalp and when I scratched them more flakes would come off. It was horrible.

So I tried Head and Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo for Dry Scalp and it made my thin, fine hair SO greasy and disgusting it was as if I had washed my hair with butter. I even tried to use a clarifying shampoo before each use and it still made my hair feel beyond gross. I also tried Garnier Fructis Dandruff Shampoo and it also made my hair greasy and weighed it down and yet did absolutely nothing for the flakes. Then I tried Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo and although it smelled great and was sulfate free, it dried out my hair and, again, did not help the flakes.

So after reading all the great reviews about Nizoral on MU I decided to give it a go despite it being a bit pricey. I followed the directions and used it every 4 days. Within two weeks the flakes were GONE, the itchiness was gone and two months later neither have returned! It also didn't make my hair greasy at all. It was drying, but not that much more than the tea tree oil shampoo and since you are not supposed to use it every day it wasn't a big deal. I am sooo happy to finally be flake free after all this time and this shampoo has definitely reached HG status with me. Absolutely worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by jillpole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible dandruff, but not itchy scalp. Just very flaky. I tried a similar-priced zinc based product and got no results. Bought the Nizaral 1% based on the MUA reviews. Got it for $11.99 on sale at Ralph's of all places. The first few days - NOTHING. I was sure I would have to go back to the dermatologist. But then, around the 3rd/4th day, the dandruff was GONE! It's been two weeks and still nothing. Yes, it's a small bottle, but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get the occasional case of dandruff and this is the best thing that I have found. I let the shampoo sit for two minutes or two after lathering up really well, then condition. If I do this twice I am dandruff free for many months. I highly recommend a good conditioner because it can be a bit drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Jerrym

I luv luv it. Expensive but works, n 1 week hair loss is like 3%, itch n flakes almost gone. I feel normal again! YES

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Myoung19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me this is truly a miracle product! I have had SD for years and nothing helped until I bought this. *Immediatly* my scalp was normal. No itching, scaling, flaking! My hair is also not falling out from the clogged scalp pores anymore. Thank god. I can't live without this product.
I had tried Head and Shoulders, Selson Blue, etc and those just seemed to make my scalp dry and itch/flake even more. Nizoral calms my scalp internally.
Yes its expensive, smells strongly medicin-y, drys ur hair out some (condition well after use) but it WORKS.
Everyone has a different condition that causes itchy/flaky/scaly scalp but if you have tried everything else with no results or just so so results this is definatly worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by juliallen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had problems with dandruff for many years and have tried every kind of dandruff shampoo available. I'd avoided Nizoral because of the price but finally I just broke down and bought some and I'm so glad I did. I used the product like it said too, washing my hair twice a week for 8 weeks with it and then once a week after that. My dandruff disappeared. I actually stopped using it completely for almost three months before my dandruff came back. The anti fungal in the shampoo stays in your hair for days after you use it, this is why you don't want to over do it. I did have problems with my hair drying out so what I started to do is 1st wash my hair with a moisturizing shampoo and then use the Nizoral just on my scalp. That seemed to help a lot.