NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 4/25/2015 7:23:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this one. It's a nice lipgloss, not too sticky, but I can still feel it on my lips. The colour range is very good, great to match with all of your lipsticks. I have apple strudel, but it doesn't show much on my lips... also, if my lips get dry, you can see the patches. It's like the colour "gets stuck" in them, making them even more visible, not a pretty look. After all the amazing reviews I was expecting something a lot better, but for a normal lipgloss these are good. Would buy again in a different colour, just to see if it shows up more on my lips.

on 4/24/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally bought tiramisu which I had difficulty finding. The perfect shade-makes my rather pale lips look like they should. Especially being older having the appropriate amount of color in your face really helps you look more youthful if your motto is "older but better"...I bought more colors because the are so inexpensive and I like certain colors with certain blushes I have. For me they look best when blush and lip color complement each other.

on 4/23/2015 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I just went on a butter gloss binge recently & picked up 5 more so my collection has incrementally increased @ I have 3 butter glosses on order from NYX dot so I've become obsessed w these cute lil glosses u could say. I'm kinda obsessed w NYX atm. I have about 7 or 8 now w 3 on the way en route. I am loving the scent of these. The smell/taste so good! And all named after desserts there's nothing I love better than a gimmick! These glosses are so moisturizing. All of the colors I got are pale pinks or pale peaches none of them are bold colors. I hate bold dark vampy colors. Maybe I am too old to wear lipgloss lol I don't really care if I am I'm still gonna wear it proudly. I also think NYX is a bit overpriced not so much the lippies but other merchandise. I wish NYX was available at more places I know that they would be super popular & increase revenue. That's my biggest gripe w NYX is that buying it is inconvenient having to seek out specific stores that carry it unlike Loreal which is everywhere.

on 4/22/2015 2:28:00 PM

I have this in Tiramisu and I love it. Substantial formula for the gloss without sloppiness or stickiness, and it has some staying power, which is nice. Good color payoff - this shade is a mauve-neutral MLBB shade (not brown like it is described on the website, lol). Love the vanilla scent, too. Will purchase more of these. I am extremely impressed with NYX's line.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm not a big lipgloss fan. This isn't VERY sticky but it's still too sticky for me as it dries. The colours in this range are nice. I have cupcake and it's not really pigmented enough for me to wear alone. I do need a lot of colour though, I have seen it look quite bright on others. It works well over the nyx butter lipstick but with some other brand lipsticks it goes patchy and doesn't mix. It doesn't dry or burn my lips like some brand products do. The packaging and applicator are fine. I love that the entire tube is the colour of the product. I'd buy more if only they had more colour payoff and were more balmy feeling. I like the butter lipsticks better for colour payoff but they show up any dry patches and still need balm added.

on 4/20/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love the shade Ginger Snap. If your looking for a 90's brown lip with gloss, this delivers!!!! A lovely lipgloss for the cooler months. Very long-wearing and soft on the lips.

on 4/18/2015 10:32:00 PM

I love these lip glosses! They're so creamy and silky. My favorite color is creme brle. It's the perfect light nude color.

on 4/13/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

For the price these are very nice. Definitely one of the best lip gloss I have tried. My fav color is BLG09 Vanilla Cream Pie (pinkish/mauve/nude) and they smell like candy.

They aren't overly sticky and they have a nice color payoff. I dont recommend applying too much lip balm/vasaline on before applying this product, because the lip gloss wont stick on your lips very well, the lasting power wont last as long and it will look a little funky on your lips (like its sitting on top of your lip instead of blending in with your lips).

The only reason why I wouldnt repurchase this again is because I tend to use lipstick/jumbo lip crayons more often then lip gloss.

But overall, i do recommend this if you love lip gloss :)

I love these lip glosses! They smell fantastic, the colours are great, and they are reasonably priced. I have some higher end glosses, and I still reach for one of my Butter Glosses. They are very creamy in texture, I haven't found them to feel sticky. Some of the best gloss out there!

on 4/5/2015 8:54:00 PM

I never wear lip gloss because I hate that sticky feeling, but with this line you don't get that but a pretty colour on your lips. I basically have all the colours after buying creme brulee which is pretty much my everyday colour.

Video Reviews & Tutorials