NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 6/9/2015 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Coverage/Color Payoff:
To me these glosses have nice color payoff, and all are very buildable so you can control how sheer or opaque you want it to be. My favorite shades are "Madeleine", a light brownish nude, and "Tiramisu", a slightly more pink nude.

Staying Power:
Not great, but pretty typical for a gloss. I usually have to reapply several times throughout the day.

Scent/Flavor:
I like the sweet scent. It smells like a cookie. I can only smell it while I'm applying it. The smell goes away after a while. No flavor.

Packaging:
Very petite tube with a doe-foot applicator. I like the packaging because it's very easy to fit into a makeup bag, purse, or pocket.

Finish:
Pretty shine. It's minimally sticky; very comfortable to wear over lipstick or by itself. It feels very creamy. I was happily surprised that they don't settle into the lines and creases of my lips. I'm not sure if they have colors with any shimmer. None of the ones I've tried had any glitter or shimmer, but there are a lot of shades available.

Price:
$5 for 0.27 oz. To me this is a lot of product for only $5. I've paid double (or more) for comparable quality gloss with less product. One of these tubes lasts me about a month.

Overall:
I love these glosses! The shade range is beautiful, the formula is so comfortable, and they have great color payoff for a gloss. For only $5 each I don't think you can beat these.

on 6/4/2015 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love these so very much. Nice smell, nice consistency, good pigmentation, decent packaging, no complaints. They don't dry out my lips when used over lip balm. I noticed that because of the nature of lip glosses, the colors appeared lighter on my lips than in the tube. On one hand, it makes some of the colors invisible on my lips, but on the other hand, it makes the vampy glosses less high maintenance.

I own the following:
Cherry Pie - nice red, pulls fuchsia on me, bleh.
Strawberry Parfait - looks clear on me. Very natural look
Cupcake - warm pink, melds with my lip color to make something terrible and unflattering.
Peach Cobbler - red-orange, but my mauvy lips turn this into a lovely coral.
Angel Food Cake - lighter mauve-nude. Very pretty. I lost, repurchased, and found this one. The extra one lives in my bag
Praline - my absolute perfect nude gloss. Beautiful.
Gingersnap - chocolate brown on me, but would be a beautiful nude on deep dark skintones.
Sugar Cookie - lovely pink with a hint of purple. My kinda color
Red Velvet - pretty much the exact color of the cake it's named after. Deep purpley-red.
Raspberry Tart - deep purple. Probably my favorite out of all of them.
Devil's Food Cake - deep, dark plum. Great low-maintenance vamp.

I'd repurchase all except for Cherry Pie, Strawberry Parfait, Cupcake, and Gingersnap. Worth every penny at retail and a steal with sales and coupons at Ulta.

on 6/4/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like nyx products so I decided to try this out.The first thing I must say about these is,they smell great like a coconut cookie.They're pigmented and have good shine and add moisture to lips.I find myself wanting to reapply cause the moisture factor. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lips is that Rimmel stay glossy is a favorite of mine but I really like these too,and would recommend if anyone hadn't tried.

on 6/3/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love the formula of these lip glosses. Not at all sticky and they taste/smell great! Great price as well. Wish they had a safety seal on them, however.

on 6/1/2015 10:45:00 AM

I have 4 of this and I absolutely love all of them! It's a very nice formulation!

I have about 5-7 of these, bc they are amazing! They are a silky soft gloss that glides on the lips so smoothly. The pigmentation is also very impressive (some are better than others) , and it also smells SO GOOD, just like a sweet sugar cookie (?). It is quite moisturizing, but it doesn't dry out my lips. The only problem or con i have about this product, is that it isn't that long wearing, it only lasts about 30 mins - 1 hour. But either than that i really love this product. xo

on 5/19/2015 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Good on you, NYX! This is a total hit! I decided against buying Cherry Pie because I have so many red lippies, and reached for Tiramisu, a gorgeous pinky nude. I am in LOVE with this gloss! When I don't want to wear my normal dark lipstick or lipgloss, I use this. It's the perfect shade for my ghost white complexion, and it has such a silky texture on my lips. The smell is divine, and not overpowering at all! I hope to buy this whole collection, and that NYX continues to add more shades. I would highly recommend this for anyone, lipgloss junky or not!

on 5/13/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Between the color range, pleasant smell, and excellent price, this is my favorite lip gloss out there that isn't Bare Minerals Buxom.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I probably own 4 of these, because I liked the first one I bought. Ulta had these buy 1, get 1 50% off...should have known better! Lol. I think I honestly like these better swatched, than on my lips. I have a strange preference when it comes to lipgloss. The stickier, the better, because in my opinion stickier glosses last way longer. I hate re applying makeup, and these I had to re apply every 30 minutes it felt like. They are very pigmented, very smooth and hydrating, but they sink right into my lips, and leave a residue. These are exactly what they are called butter gloss!

on 5/6/2015 8:06:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have the color Cherry Pie I believe and I was worried it was going to be too vibrant of a red but since it's a gloss and was sheerer than expected the color is just perfect! The formula is very moisturizing, I don't even need to moisturize before hand. It isn't very long lasting but reapplication is simple.

Popular Lip Glosses