NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I probably own 4 of these, because I liked the first one I bought. Ulta had these buy 1, get 1 50% off...should have known better! Lol. I think I honestly like these better swatched, than on my lips. I have a strange preference when it comes to lipgloss. The stickier, the better, because in my opinion stickier glosses last way longer. I hate re applying makeup, and these I had to re apply every 30 minutes it felt like. They are very pigmented, very smooth and hydrating, but they sink right into my lips, and leave a residue. These are exactly what they are called butter gloss!

on 5/6/2015 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the color Cherry Pie I believe and I was worried it was going to be too vibrant of a red but since it's a gloss and was sheerer than expected the color is just perfect! The formula is very moisturizing, I don't even need to moisturize before hand. It isn't very long lasting but reapplication is simple.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Count me among the many, many fans of these wonderful lip glosses. They really are a treat!

Pros:
Truly buttery texture.
Smooth, creamy application with doe foot applicator.
Moisturizing.
Semi-sheer but with moderate pigment (for a gloss).
Not sticky/tacky.
Pleasant vanilla scent (smells like dessert!)
Beautiful range of colors, from perfect pinks and nudes for every skin tone to brights and deeper shades.
Beautiful on their own or layered over other lip products.
Cute packaging that matches the gloss color.
Very affordable ($5 USD each!)

Cons: None! Honestly, if you're a lip gloss gal at all, you won't be disappointed. I have Creme Brulee (light neutral pink-nude), Tiramisu (sheer beige-nude), and Vanilla Cream Pie (pretty, medium pink that is neither too warm nor cool). They are all flattering, and from what I gathered looking up swatches on Instagram (yes, I'm that nerdy), they appear to flatter everyone! Don't hesitate - treat yourself to at least a couple shades!

on 4/28/2015 9:15:00 AM

NYX butter gloss is a silky smooth, pigmented gloss with a sweet scent. I do not find this lip gloss to be overly tacky. It lasts about as long as any other lip gloss I own. I have this in the color Eclair, which is a light bubblegum pink.. Does not dry out my lips. Contains preservative phenoxyethanol which really should not be used in lip products.

on 4/27/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am an absolute lipgloss junkie, and I have to say, this product is amazing! It provides pigmented colors, smooth texture, and comfort! This product also has a very pleasant, sugary smell to it. However, the staying power isn't amazing. Though it's not terrible either. It stays for about an hour or two and then you have to reapply again, which is something I don't mind! Overall, this is a wonderful product! Definitely comparable in quality to great high end lipglosses like NARS. I have four of the colors so far and plan to buy many, many more.

on 4/26/2015 2:26:00 AM

I am not a lip gloss enthusiast at all but I really like these. They're creamy (so touch ups are necessary) and the pigment is good too. This gloss is not tacky and I like the packaging!

on 4/25/2015 7:23:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this one. It's a nice lipgloss, not too sticky, but I can still feel it on my lips. The colour range is very good, great to match with all of your lipsticks. I have apple strudel, but it doesn't show much on my lips... also, if my lips get dry, you can see the patches. It's like the colour "gets stuck" in them, making them even more visible, not a pretty look. After all the amazing reviews I was expecting something a lot better, but for a normal lipgloss these are good. Would buy again in a different colour, just to see if it shows up more on my lips.

on 4/24/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally bought tiramisu which I had difficulty finding. The perfect shade-makes my rather pale lips look like they should. Especially being older having the appropriate amount of color in your face really helps you look more youthful if your motto is "older but better"...I bought more colors because the are so inexpensive and I like certain colors with certain blushes I have. For me they look best when blush and lip color complement each other.

on 4/23/2015 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I just went on a butter gloss binge recently & picked up 5 more so my collection has incrementally increased @ I have 3 butter glosses on order from NYX dot so I've become obsessed w these cute lil glosses u could say. I'm kinda obsessed w NYX atm. I have about 7 or 8 now w 3 on the way en route. I am loving the scent of these. The smell/taste so good! And all named after desserts there's nothing I love better than a gimmick! These glosses are so moisturizing. All of the colors I got are pale pinks or pale peaches none of them are bold colors. I hate bold dark vampy colors. Maybe I am too old to wear lipgloss lol I don't really care if I am I'm still gonna wear it proudly. I also think NYX is a bit overpriced not so much the lippies but other merchandise. I wish NYX was available at more places I know that they would be super popular & increase revenue. That's my biggest gripe w NYX is that buying it is inconvenient having to seek out specific stores that carry it unlike Loreal which is everywhere.

on 4/22/2015 2:28:00 PM

I have this in Tiramisu and I love it. Substantial formula for the gloss without sloppiness or stickiness, and it has some staying power, which is nice. Good color payoff - this shade is a mauve-neutral MLBB shade (not brown like it is described on the website, lol). Love the vanilla scent, too. Will purchase more of these. I am extremely impressed with NYX's line.

Video Reviews & Tutorials