NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These butter glosses are FAB! They don't put off a dark shade... But.... They cover my lips well and reflect a shimmering shine! I have cherry pie, sugar cookie & cupcake!!

on 2/14/2015 1:52:00 PM

I have it in Tiramisu and it's a pinky nude on my pigmented lips. The lip gloss moisturizes better than my lip balms, so sometimes I'll put it on when my lips are having a crisis

on 2/13/2015 1:58:00 AM

I purchased my first butter gloss (Tiramisu) and repurchased another but both times I used the product I realize the same flaws which is the reason why I've not repurchased it anymore.

Pros : Moisturizing, doesn't make your lips look dry. Nice colour pay off. Plus, Tiramisu is a beautiful nude mauve colour which is very flattering for warm yellow undertone skin.

Cons : After a while of using it, the gloss gloops up and the finish isn't as nice as when you first used it. Also, it burns my lips.

on 2/11/2015 5:50:00 PM

I ordered this gloss online in shade Vanilla Cream Pie. I really like the quality of it, the smell is mild and nice, and it doesn't dry and feels great on, but the shade didn't do anything for me. I don't have particularly dark or pigmented lips and yet this showed up as pretty much a clear gloss or a balm, definitely didn't show much color at all. I will be trying these in maybe other more shades because I like the quality so much.

on 2/10/2015 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this <3

on 2/10/2015 8:18:00 AM

Love this!!! Bought creme brûlée, great natural colour.

on 2/7/2015 8:25:00 PM

I only have this Butter Gloss in Creme Brle & I'm seriously questioning my sanity & asking myself WHY!!! I love this gloss and I'm so not a lip gloss girl by any means. It's a beautiful beige-y, nude, light pink. The formula is moisturising and not sticky icky nasty feeling like every other lip gloss. The pigmentation is a little slice of HEAVEN, but the price is even better for the quality you're getting 🙌 You'll have to apply throughout the day as it'll wear off. This smells like vanilla. I wish there was more product in the tube; I feel like I'm already scraping the sides to get more. I want to try more of these glosses definitely. I'm also very interested in the Matte Version of this product by NYX as well. Good work NYX!!!

on 2/7/2015 6:33:00 PM

I love you, Butter Gloss! I have a few different shades, but Peach Cobbler is my fave!

on 2/7/2015 2:31:00 PM

I have several shades in this. Some faves (in no particualr order) are Creme Brulee,Tiramisu, Maple Blondie, Merengue, Vanilla Cream Pie, Strawberry Parfait, Apple Strudel..oh, heck, I like them all!!! Lol..

I will say that often the color once applied to the lips is different than what the package looks. However, it is always a pleasant surprise how each color looks. Just..if you look at the package, you might want to look up some swatches online to see how it looks on the lips. However, as I said, even though the colors look different applied than the package shows, each one is a nice, pleasant, flattering color. I think most of these would work on almost any skin tone.

Great price point, and on sale, a great deal!

Easy to apply, some have little to no scent, and they wear well, no glopping, no turning funny or funky colors, no gumminess, does not turn gummy, just a pleasant feel. Easy to build. A quick swipe for a little shine or you can easily build up some color with a few swipes.

Great applicator, great packaging, can throw in your purse for a quick run to the grocery store. Can even apply most of these without a mirror, if you need a quick little touch-up.

Will re-purchase and recommend. I want to get every shade!!

I have tried 7 of these. I'm usually a person who likes to keep my makeup collection minimal, but there was just something about Butter Glosses that kept me going back for more. I'm NC30, Asian skin. My lips are full so I tend to prefer either light or dark colours, as bright colours don't make me look good. The formula is nice and milky but thick enough to last a few hours.

Tiramisu: this shade is the exact same color as my natural lips which is a light brown with a tinge of pink. I don't really find this shade to be particularly useful as it doesn't give me anything extra, but a beautiful shade nonetheless.

Apple Strudel: very sheer neon coral. Swatched, it is more orange, but on my lips, it looks baby pink. Things have a tendency to look more cool toned on my face than it does in the packaging. This is a shade that brightens up and flatters my face.

Vanilla Cream Pie: medium brighter pink. I didn't like this one, it made my lips look huge and didn't flatter my skintone.

Praline: brown just like tiramisu but without the milkiness. more "clear" quality to it. This was pretty if I lightly applied it, but too much looked too brown for my taste.

Peaches and Cream: fuschia sort of color, was flattering in pictures, but hot pink isn't something I'd wear on an everyday basis

Eclair: I thought this very cool toned baby pink colour was going to look like a nightmare on me, but I love the girly colour so I picked it up anyways. It looks good with perfect makeup - winged eye, foundation, flawless face. It isn't the most flattering but kind of adds that baby pink lip "look." I wouldn't wear this on its own because it would be unflattering.

Peach Cobbler: This looks orange in the tube but shows up a muted red on my lips. Very flattering on me! It's an "instant pretty" type of colour.

Video Reviews & Tutorials