January 31, 2015 | 2071 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

HG PRODUCT!! I hated lip gloss until I tried these out. The formula is GREAT because it goes on so smooth and makes your lips look hydrated and supple while still giving good color pay off. I've only tried three colors so far but I LOVE THEM ALL. I have creme brûlée which is a really pretty nude color with a hint of pink and beige mixed in it. I also love tiramisu and maple blondie :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I could have sworn I wrote a review on this.

If any of you are missing the beloved original Revlon Super Lustrous glosses that got discontinued, then reformulated with some glittery crap - here is your replacement.

I own all of the shades. For reference I am NC10, green eyed, blonde. My favorite shades include: Eclair, Fortune Cookie, & Meringue.

Eclair - blue toned light baby pink.
Fortune cookie - light warm peach.
Meringue - pastel lilac.

Eclair & Meringue aren't necessarily perfect suitors for my yellow toned skin as they are cool toned. However I find they brighten & perk up my face. Fortune Cookie is a great nude color for pale girls that are prone to having light nudes pull a peanut butter shade. I actually avoided it for a while, assuming it'd be like the rest (peanut butter brown) OR it would wash me out. But it doesn't. Fortune Cookie is honestly a light warm peachy shade.

Now about the rest that stick out in my mind...

Creme Brulee is a very popular shade, but it is too brown toned for me. If you are NC15 or darker, it'll probably work for you as a light nudey peach color.

Apple Strudel is a medium neon coral. It's too bright on my skintone.

Vanilla Cream Pie is a cool toned, medium pink. I actually really like this one, but alas, it is too dark for it to look natural on my coloring.

Maple Blondie is a neutral peachy pink. Once again, too bright on my skintone.

Tiramisu used to be one of my favorites, but I now look back at those pictures with embarrassment. A NC10 girl has no business wearing a medium brown lip gloss.

I really hope NYX continues to launch more shades in this line as I really love these glosses. It was not the shades that won me over, although I am impressed with the selection. The formula is what made these holy-grail status for me. NONE of the shades contain shimmer or glitter that a lot of make up companies are ruining their products with these days (shimmer dries me out). The texture is not too slick, nor too sticky. The pigmentation is wonderful, and most of all - these glosses moisturize my lips. All day.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A really nice color, great in texture (non sticky) and makes your lips feel heavenly soft BUT (and it's big caveat), doesn't last at all. My chapstick lasts longer. The gloss lasts about an hour at most and only if you don't drink or eat anything.

It's too bad - love the formula, the beautiful color and the packaging. It also has the perfect shine - not too shiny but glossy enough that your lips look just a bit plumper.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by sewdope

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This gloss is great in that it has a lot of shine and it doesn't feel sticky. However, the color doesn't show up that well on dark skin. I wear it over my lipstick to give it an extra pop. I said "no" to buying the product again if it ran out but honestly it's a maybe for me. I tend to buy stuff that's on sale just to try it out. This one is ok! I would buy it again if it was on sale but if it's not, I would try something else. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by jadesol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Best glosses I've ever worn!! HG right here. They aren't crazy sticky and they even smell good! If you haven't bought one, what are you waiting for? Go for it, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG lip gloss. I've never been a lip gloss lover but this is everything it says it is, a buttery, pigmented gloss! It's not sticky, i dont find my hair being stuck to my mouth, the colour Creme Brule is my all time favourtie nude colour, i can wear this alone and get a gorgeous strong lip that lasts. I also love to pair this with my MAC lip stick in Creme Cup, the two look gorgeous together. I'm so impressed with these lip glosses, like i said the colours in these are crazy, soooo pigmented. Silk on the lips! Beyond impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Corrina618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Number one gloss for any woman over age 20. Seriously. Pigmented smooth and great colors

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Great line of glosses. Opaque coverage and comfortabke on the lips. And they smell amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by hayleygracexo

Love this lipgloss!! I bought it in Vanilla Cream Pie and its a gorgeous bright pink colour, perfect for spring or summer. This gloss smells amazing, the colour is great and leaves your lips with a nice tint and quite soft when it wears off.
Can't wait to buy some more colours!!! The only con would be that there doesn't seem to be heaps in the bottle but for the price it's not a biggie :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by emilydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The one that I got is so nice. It is in Eclair. It is a pinky nude. It smells like cupcakes and it isn't sticky or gloppy at all. It applies very smoothly and looks pretty. It is pleasant to wear. I give is 5 stars. It's only 5 dollars as well. I wish they had more colors!

Update: It glopped on me. I saw strings of glob while I was talking during a recording of a video! Yick!