November 28, 2014 | 1268 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by JerzeyBella

LOVE!!! Just bought a few of them and I'm addicted! Great colors, and smooth rich texture without being sticky.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by StephanieChristine26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't say I'm in love. While the gloss is pigmented greatly and smells good, I find this still to sticky for me to LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by zozosparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the Nyx Butter gloss from the packaging to the formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this product in Apple Strudel, and I gotta say, this is a very lovely color. The pale pink color looks amazing with my skin, and with my slightly more pink-red lips, it looks really pretty. The only thing I really dislike about it is the chemical-y taste I get in my mouth when I wear it. It's not that bad, and it goes away after a bit, but it seems NYX lip products have that and it bothers me a bit.

The gloss is buttery, smooth, but not thick nor uncomfortable to wear. It feels moisturizing, but I haven't noticed any improvement on my dry lips. It does kinda settle a bit in my "lip cracks", but nothing a quick dab with a tissue wont fix. I love the color I got this in, and I must say, I really want to try others!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Own 7 of the shades. My favorite drugstore lip gloss I've found and very affordable. Not sticky. Lots of shades to choose from. Scent/Flavor is not too strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Syababy06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this! I have a lot of the lip matte cream one and so I decided to buy the butter gloss because of the reviews and now I wear em everyday! The smell is nice and vanilla sweet, the texture is so buttery and moisturizing also it stays in place just fine for a lip gloss. And I think I'm gonna buy more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by syana99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry and chapped lips. I scrub my lips with toothbrush everyday to keep it 'flake-free'.
I don't like lipstick because it always dries out my lips (despite claiming to be moisturising). So I only use lip glosses to give my lips some colour. By far this is the only lip gloss that is so 'buttery' it can actually act as a lip balm for my lips. I use it on my favourite lip balm, then apply a thin coat of Nyx Butter Gloss and I have moisturised lips all day long (Of course I have to reapply it from time to time considering I talk, eat and drink)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by happygirl14

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to love these glosses. I love the names and the colors and the texture and taste BUT the minute I apply to my lips the color disappears and then the gloss does as well. I hav eto keep re-applying. I will sadly not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by teaashlyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own 4 of these; Cupcake, Peaches & Cream, Apple Strudel, and Strawberry Parfait, and they are all wonderful! They really are true to the name; they're unbelievably buttery and they just melt on your lips. Some my favorite lip glosses. I will definitely be purchasing more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by CatClosser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had looked at these in the store before but was put off by the smell of the gloss. It smelled sickeningly sweet. But after reading some reviews and watching reviews on YouTube I decided to give these a shot anyway. I am so glad I did.

I watched several YouTube videos of all the colors being swatched because I know that they'll show up differently on different skin tones. I'm fair/medium with hazel eyes and dark brown hair. I decided to try Tiramisu and Angel Food Cake. They are both similar in color but the Tiramisu is a nice neutral shade on me while the Angel Food Cake adds a bit of mauve pink to my lips.

First off, the smell was not as bad as I remember. Yes there is a sweet scent but once it was on my lips I didn't notice it. Maybe the sample I had smelled was old and that's why it turned me off. The coverage itself was awesome. It's not sticky at all but nice and smooth. Feels very nice on the lips. The price was $4.99 at Ulta and they frequently have buy 1 get 1 50% off sales but they didn't when I was there. So the price is definitely reasonable. The color doesn't last all day but I don't know any gloss that does. But even when the color is gone you still have the nourishing feeling on your lips.

The only real complaint I have is that the tube color is not even close to the product color. So don't rely on tube color when choosing your shade.