NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, glycerin, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polysorbate 80, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, carrageenan, xanthan gum, 1,2-hexanediol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, maris aqua (sea water), ascophyllum nodosum (ascophyllum nodosum extract), magnesium silicate, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, tin oxide, mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 (iron oxides)

on 3/23/2015 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this powder in a goodie bag from an event at Sephora. I have thought about buying it but I have always stopped myself beacuase of the price. It's a little too expensive and that's why I wouldn't buy it again. With that out of the way, let's get to the review!

This powder has a stark white sparkly pearlescent look, which can scare you. Especially the sparkle, most people wouldn't want to walk around looking like a disco ball. But don't be scared this goes on completely transluscent and smoothes out pores (I have very visible pores around my nods and on my cheeks). It is more smoothing than any primer I have tried. I ahve an oily t-zone and this powder keeps me matte for a long time (not all day but no powder does). The sponge that comes with the powder is not very useful, it's very thin and hard. Use a brush. I think this will last me a long time since it's sooo compact. I really like this! Perfect packaging for travelling.

on 3/13/2015 1:16:00 PM

Best pressed powder ever. Although it is on the more pricey side it will last you forever. It appears to blur our everything and gives you an excellent finish. If you're thinking whether you should buy this or not - buy it. You won't regret it. And the packaging. Oh I love the packaging. Black matte compact. Beautiful.

on 2/24/2015 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best pressed powder I've come across to date. I have both the loose and pressed version and they both perform well. Truly translucent, I use this to touch up when there's a bit of shine on my T-zone and the result is always a nice, matte finished in a diffused glow sort of way. Am I making sense? My normal to dry skin never feels cakey or tight, just comfortable. You only need a light dusting and if you only use it for touchups or travelling, this product lasts ages. It comes in a nice black pouch with a band (great to prevent any accidents in your purse) and a sponge but I prefer using a portable brush to apply (currently using Ecotools retractable kabuki) on the go.

NARS products are always on the slightly pricier side but I always find them value for money especially in terms of quality and cost per use.

on 2/13/2015 10:18:00 PM

This is a good match with my Dior Star foundation. It gives a matt look and makes my makeup look softer and complete.

The packaging is awesome, it comes with a pouch and a sponge/puff but I prefer to use brushes as applicators. I guess the sponge would be useful for touch ups.

on 1/19/2015 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is so special. Truly is a "photo shop" miracle in a compact. I apply this last after finishing all of my makeup and it gives life back to the skin but also keeps skin matte all day. I'm not sure how it works! This also brightens up my undereyes after applying concealer and makes them look more natural...less made up but brighter. A word of caution, it is SO easy to overdo this. Just a touch here and there is honestly enough and will keep you matte even if you are naturally oily. This product is also so great because it seems to counteract oxidation that usually seems to happen to foundation as the day goes on-but NARS LRPP keeps your makeup looking fresh and clean. I should add that I'm sensitive to the silicones as I am with most products, but my face slowly acclimates and learns to tolerate them. I had a mild reaction at first that went away, and frankly the product was too good to not keep it anyway.

The pressed version is also FAR SUPERIOR to the loose powder version. I actually hated the loose version as it left a white cast on my olive toned skin. The pressed is truly invisible! This is the first "HD powder" I've been able to use being that is is truly invisible. Miracle product, HG x10.

on 1/19/2015 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have just recently purchased the Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder from MECCA at Kirkcaldie & Stains (Wellington, NZ). Once again the NARS assistant was fantastic. She explained how the product works, will look, the finish etc. So I bought the Pressed Powder instead of the Loose. Comes beautifully boxes, and with a sleek black plastic slip cover. Kept my makeup looking fresh all day with a slight glow but not a Cakey coverage. love it! Next purchase will be a wintercFoundation.

on 1/18/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First off let me say that I have never been a powder person. I have oily skin and have tried every powder under the sun but I can't stand the way powder looks over makeup. I just have the type of skin that can make any product cake up and look terrible. Especially when using it to touch up throughout the day. It got to the point where I preferred looking a little oily throughout the day as opposed to dry and dull and I quit using power all together. But I've recently realized that I just can't make it though eighteen hour days without some sort of power. I tried a few of the white loose finishing powers, and they weren't terrible, but they were too messy to take with me and didn't do much for me.

I'm so glad I decided to give this stuff a try. Looking at in the pan it almost looks like it's going to be way too sparkly, but it's completely undetectable on the skin. A tiny bit goes the longest way to set makeup, and I've definitely noticed increased longevity in any makeup that I wear under this stuff. And it is a god send for touch ups. Because it doesn't look heavy or alter the look of your makeup in any way. It just mattifies without making you look flat. Super impressed with this stuff. And the packaging is perfect. So much better than a messy loose powder. Well worth the money in my opinion, especially if you've tried every powder in existence and just can't stand the look they give. Love.

on 1/4/2015 3:50:00 PM

I am impressed with this product especially it being my first translucent powder. I apply to my under eyes to set my concealer and to parts of my face where I would get oily and in areas that have visible pores. I absolutely loved that it keep my face the same way I applied my makeup hours later. It help tame my oily areas and give my skin a smooth finish. It also kept my concealer to stay put and found little to no creasing under my eyes. It also doesn't make my skin look dry or too matte, just a natural finish. The only negative is not to apply a lot of product because the skin can get dry and stuck to dry areas; so less is more even though its hard to tell if your putting anything on your face. Once I hit pan with product I would seek to buy it again, especially when it cones with its own little pouch, sponge applicator and a mirror.

on 12/22/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This powder is absolutely amazing. I don't like setting my foundations with powder because I have always aimed for a dewy finish personally. This sets in terms of wicking the "wetness" from the skin but doesn't take away from the healthy glow that a foundation or tinted moisturizer provides. I have decided that I will get the loose powder to keep at home and keep the pressed in my make up bag.. great product!

on 12/21/2014 9:18:00 PM

I am tempted to try the loose version in hopes that it would be just as good as this one if not better. I absolutely love the fact that it doesn't add color, or add weight to the base that I am wearing. It doesn't cake up. It doesn't make my face look matte or emphasize the dry flakes of my face or the oilyness down my T-zone. This is a staple for me. It looks sparkly in the pan but thats not how it translate on the face.

Video Reviews & Tutorials