August 27, 2014 | 1804 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! It gives an airbrushed finish and feels incredibly soft. It looks lovely on my dry skin. The packaging is fun, it comes in a classic NARS compact and also a pouch with a sponge/puff. Like everyone else said it's strange looking, it's very hard and almost doesn't seem like a powder in the compact. There's a layer on top that you need to scrape off with your brush. Will totally buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so relieved! I bought this online from a u.s website as it is ridiculously priced in Australia ($55) It arrived today and I was sooo disappointed. The product looked and felt like plastic and I thought that I had either received old product or a fake. I scraped my finger nail over it and it kinda chunked off a bit. Came on here and saw the other reviews about its consistency and feel a little better now. I rubbed a tissue over it and the product underneath actually resembles a powder now (albeit a strange consistency - forget trying to swatch it.. It's all but invisible) Will try it out for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a totally stange product but I love it. This powder looks like hard plastic in the pan, kind of feels like it too when you touch it. But when you use it with a brush, a very small amount comes off, but you don't need much to use this as a finishing powder. I love the airbrushed affect it gives and makes my skin feel super soft. I'm not oily so I can't attest to it controlling oil, but it looks gorgeous on the skin. I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ReecesPeeces

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where did my pores go? Pores B' Gone! Love this stuff. Only drawback is that it can be a bit difficult to get out of the pan. I suggest a bit of a stiffer brush which remedies that issue quite nicely. It also picks up whatever is already on your face, so make sure that your foundation etc. is completely dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has become my HG powder. I have very oily skin but when applying this over my foundation, my skin stays matte for a good 4-5 hours. My skin will generally be shiny within two hours if I use any other setting powder. It looks so natural on my face and it really does give my skin a healthy, subtle glow. The odd thing is that my brush barely seems to pick up any product, yet it somehow is enough to cover my skin. I've been using it consistently for 2 months and have barely made a dent in it, so I imagine it will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is amazing I bought it because I wanted a powder that would not make me look cakey as I wear full coverage foundation.. This powder is not smooth when you touch it and it's hard to swatch it on your finger as nothing really shows but dip your brush in & you get a good amount of product on there .. In order to get the best results with this powder don't buff it in in circular motions sweep it on to get the best effect in covering your pores it will make you look airbrushed & gives your skin a blurred like effect which photographs beautifully .. This powder is very natural on the skin if your look for coverage this is not for you .. It has a sheen to it which is detectable on the skin which I love as it makes you look healthy and glowing .. It is wayyyy better than the makeupforever hd powder and mac prep&prime.. This is amazing for people with large pores and mature skin it works wonders if you don't see a difference then your not using it right I have really oily skin and this will keep your shine at bay but not for very long but I don't mind because the look it gives me is worth it. It does have a smell to it which I can't really describe it's not over powering if you like the sheen the mac mineralise skin finish natural has you will like this powder .. I can not fault this powder it works and does exactly what it claims to do it will not give you a white cast to your skin at all I can never go back to any other powder now it is the best beauty product I've discovered

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought the powder itself was okay. It went on nicely, but I didn't love the bit of shimmer. I know other people claim there is none, but on me, there was.

What I really did not like was the packaging. I want to be able to just grab one thing and go. The little pad doesn't fit in the compact, so you need to take the little carrying case too, and I just found the whole thing awkward.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by LaynaLoo

I'm sorry to say, but I feel like this product is over rated! I love many NARS products, but I find this powder is not great for oily skin. It makes me look even oilier if I set my whole face with this. I do, however, love using this for setting under eye concealer. Also, it does not flash back in pictures which is always a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by khov92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best under-eye setting powder I have ever used. I've tried Ben Nye's Banana Powder and Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder and they just don't compare. I have dry skin but get very oily around my eyelids so my concealer always creases and goes crepey. And my mascara smudges no matter which one I use. I tap this powder over my concealer with a setting brush and my makeup stays fresher and the smudging isn't an issue anymore. I will never be without this product. Pressed = no mess as well!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

my HG powder. the number of powders i tried in the past are uncountable - from drugstore ones to high end ones like dior forever extreme matte which cost a whopping $63; none of them kept my face matte beyond 4 hours, the ones that were better at controlling oil caked my face up and accentuated my pores. oh my i hv finally found the best powder in the world. this powder gives my skin a matte luminosity, my face was shine-free at 8 hours into wearing makeup and my skin looks so natural. i have nothing bad to say about this powder at all. good job nars.