NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

4.4

synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, glycerin, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polysorbate 80, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, carrageenan, xanthan gum, 1,2-hexanediol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, maris aqua (sea water), ascophyllum nodosum (ascophyllum nodosum extract), magnesium silicate, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, tin oxide, mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 (iron oxides)

on 10/29/2014 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder looks amazing on the skin and photographs well if you use a light hand. The package presentation gives that luxury brand appeal. It blurs imperfections. Definitely one of my must have products.

Guys, this is such a wonderful product.

It's so finely milled and sits on your face so nicely, with the best and loveliest dewy finish. I have dry to combination skin, and it really controls shine on my forehead and cheeks. I've had it on for about 8 hours and my skin/ foundation looks awesome.

Totally try it out.

on 9/25/2014 5:02:00 AM

I am in love. Out of all the powdered products I have used ... Laura Mercier translucent powder and powder foundation, MAC skin finishes and HD powder, MUFE HD powder, Shu Uemura compact powder, Chanel compact powders, Clinique compact powder, Tarte powder foundation, Dior nude skin power... I think that's about it... this is the best powder I have ever tried.

OK, let's get down to the review. I have combination skin, namely oily on the forehead and cheeks, and all the powders I have used, namely the above mentioned, somehow all will end up looking cakey or powdery which would eventually oxidize on me after a couple of hours. This however doesn't do that. What it does is that it just leaves a light dusting of power, which is translucent, on the face and no matter how much powder you brush over the pan, it will always be a light dusting of powder that would adhere onto the skin. You will never be able to cake it up as only what's needed will adhere. My skin somehow doesn't feel oily or at least it doesn't look oily throughout the day but what it will show is luminosity which means no oxidization. YEA!! I will sometime, if have spent way too long outside in the humid heat, re-powder after blotting away the oils which have not oxidize, and the face will look clean and fresh once again.

I have used this powder for the past month and have come to the conclusion that I will continue to use/buy it til the end of days... or until something even more amazing comes along.

on 9/13/2014 5:19:00 AM

The packaging is simple, practical but looks good. It is handy in your handbag for matifying during the day.

At first it didn't seem that I was getting any product on the brush and was getting rather annoyed but I persevered and now this is my HG setting/blotting powder. You just don't need very much for the desired effect, which means it lasts longer!

I use it over Bareminerals powder foundation and nyx powder foundation and it looks really natural.

If your looking for a lightweight powder that's great in the go, then this is it. I will definately be buying again!!

on 9/13/2014 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this powder is simply gorgeous when applied...it really is TRANSLUCENT! and on top of that the actual finish is just lovely and (WOC freindly)...I love it!

on 9/12/2014 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is such a great setting powder, I have quite pale skin so adding a pigmented powder over my liquid foundation normally makes me look too dark, so when I came across this I had high hopes. Because its pressed, it doesn't add too much product to your face, so you don't look powdery (never a good look). It's especially good if you just want to use the sponge to pat it over your t zone. I use a light dusting all-over my ELDW with a bobbi brown powder brush before applying blush and highlighter. I have also noticed that this photographs really well (which is always a concern with white powders) I also use it over BB creams and tinted moisturisers and it works really well, keeping shine and oil at bay, even with exercise. Will definitely be repurchasing (if it ever runs out?!) love love love it!
xoxo Miss Skye

on 8/29/2014 2:27:00 AM

Simply the best. It has a finish that is neither too matte nor too shiny. Sets makeup perfectly. I actually gave up on my guerlain meteorites for this. Love using it with the highly efficient nars Botan brush

on 7/3/2014 6:56:00 AM

Loveeee this product
sets my make-up
keeps it matte
helps it stay in place all day
controls my shine

on 4/23/2014 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This one is easy.
Would I repurchase? NO
Why? 'Cuz it sucks...

Its to finely milled and its like it doesn't even exist once you apply it but in a bad way..
Yes it blurs imperfections but thats about it

on 4/17/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was really skeptical when I initially bought this because the powder does not show on your fingers when you try to swatch it. It also barely shows on the brush. But this powder is AMAZING! It keeps me matte like no other powder and at the same time, gives my skin the most beautiful glow!

Popular Pressed Powders