October 30, 2014 | 1768 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Calendula Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by hannahsarai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream has been fantastic for me. I have a lot of hormonal pimples on my forehead and it has reduced redness as well as bring down some of the lumps. Sometimes however it feels a little thick and greasy on the skin however I use rosewater spray as a base to thin out the texture. Would highly recommend to people prone to breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by roachz81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this after reading good reviews, and after Pangea Organics Italian Mandarine & Rose moisturizer wrecked major havoc on my skin! Needed a simple and gentle moisturizer for everyday use, and to fix this mess.

I like this cream very much, as almost a week after using it, the red blotches and pimples from the Pangea Organics moisturizer calmed down and disappeared. It can feel a bit too matt, and hard to spread if i did not apply it asap straight after toner, or when my fingers were too dry. I guess the trick is to use it straight after shower while skin is still a bit damp. Anyway, the moisturizing effect is pretty good (it's late autumn here) despite it not being a proper moisturizer. Makeup goes on pretty smooth after that too!

One thing i hate is the packaging, as many here do. It's tricky to handle aluminum tubes, and i have wasted much cream by accident. Used them on elbows and knees when it happened. Ok, will still buy this product since it is the cream that counts :)

UPDATE: Indeed after using this too long without additional moisturizer, the skin on my nose started peeling, maybe from lack of moisture and the weather getting colder and dryer. So, i added a light moisturizer on my nose and cheeks after this calendula cream (which is not oily, pretty smooth) and it helped! No whiteheads formed from this cream as of now, just one or two surface clogs which is fine :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

after I read good reviews , I bought this.

ok, first when I apply it to my face, I was glad. it feel like making my skin very smooth. but

after all, this cream turn out to be too matt.
I can see this has some effectiveness but I can't use it cause it's like matt wax. even I tried to use it with some moisturizer, doesn't work..

I gave this to my hubby who has very oily skin.
I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

i did not know this product got such good reviews when i first bought it. It was during a business trip and i was running out of my moisturizer. I got 10 minutes to stop by Sephora. Grabbed a couple of moisturizers within my reach, testing them one by one on the back of my hand. In a great rush I picked this one, mainly because it's labelled for sensitive skin, which i have. Well, i have both sensitive and acne prone skin. So initially i was a little worried that the heavy formula might break me out. Fortunately, it did not, even when I was on that trip under lots of pressure , which usually results in hormonal breakouts.

The trick is in the application. Do not apply it directly onto your face, you will end up being like a greasy pan. As instructed on the package,warm it and massage it with your hands first, then press it onto the skin, it will leave a non greasy finish, good for both day and night,

Now, I have finished about 3 quarters of the 40ml. In conjunction with the Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid peel from skinlabortory, my skin looks amazingly good, smooth and glowy by itself, much less breakouts. Now I am in love of not applying any foundation at all . a feeling of freedom! ;-D

BTW, the package got mixed reviews. But i like it, as well as the color and smell of the cream. earthy and organic, very Jurlique. I will buy a 125 ml version in the near future . highly recommended if you have sensitive skin !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

I didn't like the aluminum feel of this package. It's like a toothpaste covering, but needs additional pressure for it to push out product. Calendula was very calming. The cream is moisturizing for dry spots. I applied it to my oily T-zone without problems. My mistake was purchasing the large version; I had more product than I knew what to do with. Not really a problem.. started to apply on my body without problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by JessicaCP

I have found my moisturiser. I have never used one that has reduced inflammation, hydrated, prevented and healed blemishes and works so well under makeup more than this product. If you're not allergic to calendula, get this and RUB IT ON YOUR FACE!!!!!!

It is expensive but so so worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cream, for my dry, very sensitive acne prone skin. I love the way it hydrates without greasiness or breakouts, it leaves my skin wonderfully matte and smooth.
I use it both day and night and it works well under make-up, I apply a little more at night and it has helped improve my skin tone, as well as breakouts or sensitivity.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

I have sensitive skin and this moisturiser is perfect. It's rich and easily absorbed and leaves my skin feeling soft and protected. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by mayyami

I don't have sensitive skin but bought this anyway.
I've been using it for 3 months as part of my nightly skin care routine & have not noticed a difference in my skin. Cannot complain about it as it hasn't broken me out or done anything nasty, but the price does not justify the purchase for a product that had the same effects as one 1/4 of it's price.
It's a thicker consistency so perhaps better & easier to use in winter.

EDIT: I've been using this in winter and it does a great job moisturising. If I see any flakey dry patches around my mouth I use this overnight and it usually smoothes and softens my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bit upset about this actually. I used calendula from Jurlique for years before with great success. Then somehow I forgot about it! When I tried it again, it didn't really work for me. My skin was going through some sensitive phase, yet again and calendula just made it worse. It burned on application, dried me out and felt very sticky. Not how I remembered it at all. I'm constantly on the look out for good natural skin care without parabens, perfume and petro -chemicals. So it was disappointing that this cream didn't deliver apart from a rash! Jurlique products have too many ingredients in them, I think for sensitive people like me. I give it 3 lippies because my husband likes it and uses it after he shaves with good results.