Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Ample Amber, lovely for everyday wear. Gives a nice subtle colour, really easy to apply & blend. Has decent staying power over UD Primer Potion. Gives a nice shimmer, not too glittery. I like the packaging, it's really portable so you can top up colour during the day, great for me coz I hate carting eyeshadows around as I find the tend to break up.

on 10/1/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this chubby eyeshadow stick in the shade "fuller fudge" and I absolutely love it!! I love natural shade for an everyday look. I love how easy the application really is and save me time when I'm in a hurry. I have to admit that the color on me is a bit sheer upon first layer but I can easily layer it on,but remember that this is a "tint" not a full on vivid shadow stick but I personally don't have any problem with that since that was the look I'm going for. I bought mine from sephora for $17 if I'm not mistaken. Know what look you're going for before you buy this so you won't have any regrets.

on 9/29/2013 9:01:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product, but it has a few things that are just "off" and make it more of a miss.

1. It's just a bit too chubby for ease of application. I can't easily get coverage in the inner corner of my lid without hitting my nose, and I can't do the outer corner without essentially creating a cat eye.

2. The formula is not ideal. It's not easily blendable and I find it creases like mad, even if I wear a primer.

3. The range of colors is small but nice -- but most of the shades have far too much shine to them.

4. I bought two chubby sticks -- within a week of use, the color "pencil" on both of them had come loose within the tube. So whenever I use them, I have to first jiggle the color around to make sure it's in place. I expect both will break off as I get closer to the end.

I'll use up the two I bought, but I don't see these as a repurchase.

on 9/25/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I expected to fall madly in love with these...but sadly, if appears we are fated to just be friends. The first problem is the size...they're not just chubby...they're obese. The pencil part is so fat it blocks most of my lid and I can barely see what I'm doing. The second problem is that they go on unevenly...blotchy and spotty. And third...they also blend unevenly. Yay...TRIPLE FAIL! (After struggling with my finger and then a wee sponge to blend, I finally used a blending brush which was the most successful.) They did last 12 hours (on a Laura Mercier primer) so I give them credit for that. And the colors are nice...I have taupe and purple...but for the price? They're fine if you're in a hurry...just swipe and wipe and go...but if you want a more finished look, these are not the answer. Chubby Sticks will be my friend...but one with very few benefits. EDITED TO ADD: A few weeks later and I'm liking them a lot more....in fact, I bought 2 more. The colors are great (although they do have a bit of sparkle) and I am able to blend them better. :)

I bought the moss green looking for a quick alternative to a dark green shadow. For the $32.00 price tag I was expecting something amazing. The color is not pigmented and the chubby stuck is almost awkward to go across my eye properly. The color barely stayed on for half the day. Very under whelmed. I found the Rimmel stick shadows a better quality product for a fraction of the cost.

on 9/22/2013 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in the Lavish Lilac colour and I'm very underwhelmed. The colour is very sheer and light; it barely shows up on my fair skin. Secondly, I find it very hard to actually transfer the colour from the stick to my eyelid. I have to press quite hard (which doesn't feel great on the eyeball) and even then, it transfers minimally and somewhat unevenly. It works better on the browbone where you can press harder, but I'd like to use this all over the eyelid.

on 9/8/2013 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a chubby stick recently when I was going on a trip and didn't want to bring any makeup brushes with me. I'm still a fan even after the trip. I only have the fudge color but expect to add more soon. It's super easy to apply and the color looks great throughout the day. It's a great option for the days when you're running late and do your makeup at work or school - it's small and no need to worry about a brush. This was also my first time using cream eyeshadow and I love not getting powder everywhere.

on 9/5/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I had two of these, but found that I really only liked the color in the fudge one (warm brown, minimal shimmer)

Although I appreciate the ease of using the jumbo pencil, and liked the effect....it just did not last long. I'll take the messier application of the Maybelline CT in return for e/s that really does last all day without creasing or fading. This is very smooth to apply and blend, but only lasts a few hours. There are just better options out there imho, and there isn't anything unique or special about the color lineup.

on 7/20/2013 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Like these, but then I don't do complex eye patterns. You couldn't with this.. Even I can't mess these up, it's that easy to apply and they stay put. The colors are mild, even when the look fairly dark. So they are subtle. They have some shimmer, but don't show wrinkles. I like that I can get the darker color in the crack without it looking like I have a dirt smudge. It blends in subtly. Amber is great for under the brow area to give a little lift of peach color. Most of the colors are wearable, though may not wow you.

Update: Have tried more colors. They aren't that vibrant, but very wearable. Liliac barely shows, though. I like amber, pink and fudge. I have hooded eyes. So I use some color on the lid and some over the crease (not so much in it more to the outer corner). So I am looking for a smudge. This be OK for a portable one color look. Nothing amazing though.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this in Portly Plum, which I though would be nice with my hazel eyes. I wanted the lilac one but it wasn't in stock. I only got it because I needed one more thing to get the bonus gift.

I'm a bit 'meh' about it tbh. It looks pretty, and blends out well to a fine wash of purple on my lid, but I just prefer a powder applied with a brush. It's more precise and looks better.

It lasts pretty well. Not sure it's worth the price tag though as I have lots of powders I could use instead.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Drug Store VS High End: NEW Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint VS Revlon Color Stay Shadow Stick by MySouthernAccent