Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this one in Lavish Lilac and I really like this product. I use it with a MAC cream color base and it creates a nice, everyday, natural look. It lasts all day without fading or creasing. It's great for travel and for touch ups during the day since it doesn't need a brush. My only complaint is that it doesn't go on as smoothly as I would like and pulls a little bit.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bough this product in Ample Amber colour and as much as I like how it looks on me (slightly peachy medium beige with champagne shimmer) the product itself is far from ideal.

The first grudge I have with it is that it needs an eyeshadow base (I use NARS) to keep it from creasing within 5 minutes of wearing it. So here goes the simplicity of using it. The second grudge is the packaging - the lettering rubbed of in the first couple of days of use! The cap seemed to close tightly (with a satisfying click) and so far did not break so I was hoping for it to stop the product from drying out - unfortunately I still have to wipe the dried off layer of product on a tissue before each application - otherwise it drags terribly on my eyelid. Which moves me to the third con - it is slightly hard and one really needs to press it onto the lid to get any colour pay off and rolling it on the eyeball like that is quite unpleasant.

The good thing is that because it does not settle quickly I can fade it out nicely with my finger so that it looks natural and subtle. Then I just tightline with MAC Teddy (these two compliment each other nicely on my eyes), whack on plenty of black mascara and I am good to go. But I will not be buying again and experience with this one stopped me from buying any other colour in the range.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought two chubby sticks because on most weekdays I apply my make-up ‘on the go’. I thought it would be easier than brushes and powder.
The colors are very nice, Fuller Fudge and Beautiful Beige, and they blend easily.

Unfortunately, they don’t last and crease like crazy! I never ever have this problem with any of my powder shadows (M.A.C but also cheaper brands) also because of my primer. But with the chubby sticks it’s a mess! I hoped these would be the same as the M.A.C. shadesticks but I was very disappointed, especially for this price.

The size is also a small problem, they’re a bit too chubby for applying in the corners.

I’ll keep using them but won’t buy them again.

I have this in the shade pink and plenty and it is a gorgeous shade!!! The wear time for me is 6-7 hours before I start to see minor fading but it lasts all day with primer. The application was easy it is creamy and I can easily put it on without tugging on my eyes. I got this at sephora for 16 or 17 dollars it is a little pricey but it is worth it. This is great for a everyday look and it makes your eyes pop! I highly recommend this it easy to apply and comes in pretty colors.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Ample Amber, lovely for everyday wear. Gives a nice subtle colour, really easy to apply & blend. Has decent staying power over UD Primer Potion. Gives a nice shimmer, not too glittery. I like the packaging, it's really portable so you can top up colour during the day, great for me coz I hate carting eyeshadows around as I find the tend to break up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this chubby eyeshadow stick in the shade "fuller fudge" and I absolutely love it!! I love natural shade for an everyday look. I love how easy the application really is and save me time when I'm in a hurry. I have to admit that the color on me is a bit sheer upon first layer but I can easily layer it on,but remember that this is a "tint" not a full on vivid shadow stick but I personally don't have any problem with that since that was the look I'm going for. I bought mine from sephora for $17 if I'm not mistaken. Know what look you're going for before you buy this so you won't have any regrets.

I really wanted to love this product, but it has a few things that are just "off" and make it more of a miss.

1. It's just a bit too chubby for ease of application. I can't easily get coverage in the inner corner of my lid without hitting my nose, and I can't do the outer corner without essentially creating a cat eye.

2. The formula is not ideal. It's not easily blendable and I find it creases like mad, even if I wear a primer.

3. The range of colors is small but nice -- but most of the shades have far too much shine to them.

4. I bought two chubby sticks -- within a week of use, the color "pencil" on both of them had come loose within the tube. So whenever I use them, I have to first jiggle the color around to make sure it's in place. I expect both will break off as I get closer to the end.

I'll use up the two I bought, but I don't see these as a repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I expected to fall madly in love with these...but sadly, if appears we are fated to just be friends. The first problem is the size...they're not just chubby...they're obese. The pencil part is so fat it blocks most of my lid and I can barely see what I'm doing. The second problem is that they go on unevenly...blotchy and spotty. And third...they also blend unevenly. Yay...TRIPLE FAIL! (After struggling with my finger and then a wee sponge to blend, I finally used a blending brush which was the most successful.) They did last 12 hours (on a Laura Mercier primer) so I give them credit for that. And the colors are nice...I have taupe and purple...but for the price? They're fine if you're in a hurry...just swipe and wipe and go...but if you want a more finished look, these are not the answer. Chubby Sticks will be my friend...but one with very few benefits. EDITED TO ADD: A few weeks later and I'm liking them a lot more....in fact, I bought 2 more. The colors are great (although they do have a bit of sparkle) and I am able to blend them better. :)

I bought the moss green looking for a quick alternative to a dark green shadow. For the $32.00 price tag I was expecting something amazing. The color is not pigmented and the chubby stuck is almost awkward to go across my eye properly. The color barely stayed on for half the day. Very under whelmed. I found the Rimmel stick shadows a better quality product for a fraction of the cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in the Lavish Lilac colour and I'm very underwhelmed. The colour is very sheer and light; it barely shows up on my fair skin. Secondly, I find it very hard to actually transfer the colour from the stick to my eyelid. I have to press quite hard (which doesn't feel great on the eyeball) and even then, it transfers minimally and somewhat unevenly. It works better on the browbone where you can press harder, but I'd like to use this all over the eyelid.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Drug Store VS High End: NEW Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint VS Revlon Color Stay Shadow Stick by MySouthernAccent