October 1, 2014 | 1704 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like these, but then I don't do complex eye patterns. You couldn't with this.. Even I can't mess these up, it's that easy to apply and they stay put. The colors are mild, even when the look fairly dark. So they are subtle. They have some shimmer, but don't show wrinkles. I like that I can get the darker color in the crack without it looking like I have a dirt smudge. It blends in subtly. Amber is great for under the brow area to give a little lift of peach color. Most of the colors are wearable, though may not wow you.

Update: Have tried more colors. They aren't that vibrant, but very wearable. Liliac barely shows, though. I like amber, pink and fudge. I have hooded eyes. So I use some color on the lid and some over the crease (not so much in it more to the outer corner). So I am looking for a smudge. This be OK for a portable one color look. Nothing amazing though.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Portly Plum, which I though would be nice with my hazel eyes. I wanted the lilac one but it wasn't in stock. I only got it because I needed one more thing to get the bonus gift.

I'm a bit 'meh' about it tbh. It looks pretty, and blends out well to a fine wash of purple on my lid, but I just prefer a powder applied with a brush. It's more precise and looks better.

It lasts pretty well. Not sure it's worth the price tag though as I have lots of powders I could use instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by sueg374

I picked up Lots of Latte solely to reach the spending amount for Clinique's gwp. I had read some reviews and thought I'd give it a try, although I'm not a big fan of the shadow pencils. I will say I was pleasantly surprised with this. The color is a pretty, softly shimmery taupe that applied easily and stayed on all day without creasing or fading (I didn't wear primer under this just to see). The second day I wore it, the weather was more humid and the product did crease, but still lasted all day. Product allows a sufficient amount of time to blend if needed. This is a nice alternative to powder eye shadow on days you just want to swipe on quick and go.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by dutchesse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am really lazy. I am also really untalented and a novice at eye shadow application, so nothing fancy like blending and smoky eyes for me yet.

But that's okay. You know why? This stuff makes my eyes pop. The beige really brings out the blue in my eyes and is really stand out. It also really helps that it's SO easy to put on. On days when I am lazy, this is my go to and thank heavens for Clinique on this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I'll admit, I'm not usually a fan of Clinique anything, but these chubby shadow pencils intrigued me. I researched swatches online and all of them looked gorgeous. I ran out and bought Lots o'Latte at my Macy's counter and wore it religiously for a few days. I dare say this rivals my HG cream shadow/base, Maybelline CT in Bad to the Bronze. It wore extremely well throughout hot, humid weather. The color is more sheer than a CT and has less shimmer, but it's great as a base for any neutral shadow.

I also ordered the Amber and Lavendar ones from Nordstrom and they are just as equally gorgeous.

I don't like applying them directly from the pencil. I prefer to use a small, synthetic brush to get the product from the bullet to my lids. I also feel it blends out better and applies more pigment that way.

I'm super impressed with these and will be looking into purchasing more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried other eye shadow pencils and never been happy with them. Most were difficult to apply and blend so I typically stick to traditional shadow that's applied with a brush. The other day, I couldn't help but notice a patient's subtle eye makeup. The neutral color she used totally made her blue eye color pop. She told me she used a Clinque Chubby Stick so off to the mall I went, in search of the fabulous taupe color she was wearing. Turns out it was "Lots of Latte." The pencil has a creamy texture and applies easily. You can build up the color and blend it out with your finger or a brush. I've read other reviews and complaints about fading and creasing. I've not had a problem with this, whether I used an eye shadow primer or nothing at all. I like the subtle shimmer that all of the pencils seem to have. "Bountiful Beige" borders on frosty but I still like it for highlighting the brow and inner eye area. There's a wide array of colors to choose from - neutrals, blues, plums, and greens. I dare you to buy just one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review concerns the Portly Plum Chubby Stick. I tried several shades out at the store and this seemed to be a nice darkish plum that would go well with my hazel/brownish eyes. The salesgirl thought it would be best for me since it does not have much shine too it. It looked great in the store, but at home, when I actually put it on my lids, it made me look like I'd been crying for days! It has far too much red in it for my cool skin tone. That's the problem with swatching something on one's hand and then actually applying it where it's meant to go. Another expensive mistake, although I have to say that it does go on really well and stays all day.

But I won't be using this. I could return it to the store, but that's a 40-mile roundtrip! Not worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by EastCoasty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been looking for a cream e/s to replace my Trish Malibu, and I found it in the Amber color. It goes on nicely (though sheer) and the color is just right if you like copper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am really glad I bought this chubby eyeshadow stick. I am huge fan of cream eye shadows, but I find that many times cream eye shadows make my eyes crepey and painfully dry. I have been currently using cream blush for this purpose with no ill effects, but I was looking for something new and different and I was drawn to these eye shadow sticks.

I honestly did not have high hopes, but with a generous return policy at Sephora, I gave these Portly Plum a try and I am glad I did as this eyeshadow does not leave my eyelids dry at all and it very easy to apply. I simply rub the stick over a finger and rub where I want it to go, like in the crease. I do this as the color is actually a little dark and may be to intense just drawn on for my taste, but the application is simple and foolproof, I don't mind at all.

The color is a lovely shade of plum as the name implies, great for warm skin tones,not cool, blue toned purple I was concerned about as different images of this shadow looked very different on different sites when I was looking at this product.

I am totally going to try other colors as well. Time will tell if they crease, but as there is a fine tint over the lid, not a heavy amount of product I think the creasing, if at all will be minimal and nothing a sweep of a pinky can't fix.

I am excited to say that Portly Plum gives my light warm toned skin and dark blue eyes a "your lids but better" look that is naturally dramatic if this makes sense. It is perfect, and I hope I stay in love with this eyeshadow for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clinique doesn't get enough love. My first m/u was Clinique, and I had really left it for the more exciting m/u world of MAC, UD, Chante, BB, LM, TM, and a bunch of other brands that made Clinique seem dated and dull.

On a whim, I decided to pick up one of these (Fuller Fudge) to store in my desk at work for touch-ups. I liked the crayon-like design and it wasn't as pricey as other stick-like shadows. This turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.

This goes on smoothly and evenly and blends easily. Some cream (or cream-like) shadows that I've tried dry too fast to blend well, some crease like crazy (even over a primer), and some have little pigmentation. Chubby Stick Shadow Tint is awesome. It's very pigmented, stays on my oily lids all day, and doesn't too too shimmery or too matte.

The two colors I have (Lots O'Latte and Fuller Fudge) are perfect for blue eyes. They're not the flashiest colors (if you're looking for electric blue, try UD's 24/7 Shadow Pencils), but they're very flattering. I'll definitely check out the other shades. The ones I bought never made it to my desk drawer. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No