January 25, 2015 | 1539 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a chubby stick recently when I was going on a trip and didn't want to bring any makeup brushes with me. I'm still a fan even after the trip. I only have the fudge color but expect to add more soon. It's super easy to apply and the color looks great throughout the day. It's a great option for the days when you're running late and do your makeup at work or school - it's small and no need to worry about a brush. This was also my first time using cream eyeshadow and I love not getting powder everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had two of these, but found that I really only liked the color in the fudge one (warm brown, minimal shimmer)

Although I appreciate the ease of using the jumbo pencil, and liked the effect....it just did not last long. I'll take the messier application of the Maybelline CT in return for e/s that really does last all day without creasing or fading. This is very smooth to apply and blend, but only lasts a few hours. There are just better options out there imho, and there isn't anything unique or special about the color lineup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like these, but then I don't do complex eye patterns. You couldn't with this.. Even I can't mess these up, it's that easy to apply and they stay put. The colors are mild, even when the look fairly dark. So they are subtle. They have some shimmer, but don't show wrinkles. I like that I can get the darker color in the crack without it looking like I have a dirt smudge. It blends in subtly. Amber is great for under the brow area to give a little lift of peach color. Most of the colors are wearable, though may not wow you.

Update: Have tried more colors. They aren't that vibrant, but very wearable. Liliac barely shows, though. I like amber, pink and fudge. I have hooded eyes. So I use some color on the lid and some over the crease (not so much in it more to the outer corner). So I am looking for a smudge. This be OK for a portable one color look. Nothing amazing though.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Portly Plum, which I though would be nice with my hazel eyes. I wanted the lilac one but it wasn't in stock. I only got it because I needed one more thing to get the bonus gift.

I'm a bit 'meh' about it tbh. It looks pretty, and blends out well to a fine wash of purple on my lid, but I just prefer a powder applied with a brush. It's more precise and looks better.

It lasts pretty well. Not sure it's worth the price tag though as I have lots of powders I could use instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by sueg374

I picked up Lots of Latte solely to reach the spending amount for Clinique's gwp. I had read some reviews and thought I'd give it a try, although I'm not a big fan of the shadow pencils. I will say I was pleasantly surprised with this. The color is a pretty, softly shimmery taupe that applied easily and stayed on all day without creasing or fading (I didn't wear primer under this just to see). The second day I wore it, the weather was more humid and the product did crease, but still lasted all day. Product allows a sufficient amount of time to blend if needed. This is a nice alternative to powder eye shadow on days you just want to swipe on quick and go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I'll admit, I'm not usually a fan of Clinique anything, but these chubby shadow pencils intrigued me. I researched swatches online and all of them looked gorgeous. I ran out and bought Lots o'Latte at my Macy's counter and wore it religiously for a few days. I dare say this rivals my HG cream shadow/base, Maybelline CT in Bad to the Bronze. It wore extremely well throughout hot, humid weather. The color is more sheer than a CT and has less shimmer, but it's great as a base for any neutral shadow.

I also ordered the Amber and Lavendar ones from Nordstrom and they are just as equally gorgeous.

I don't like applying them directly from the pencil. I prefer to use a small, synthetic brush to get the product from the bullet to my lids. I also feel it blends out better and applies more pigment that way.

I'm super impressed with these and will be looking into purchasing more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried other eye shadow pencils and never been happy with them. Most were difficult to apply and blend so I typically stick to traditional shadow that's applied with a brush. The other day, I couldn't help but notice a patient's subtle eye makeup. The neutral color she used totally made her blue eye color pop. She told me she used a Clinque Chubby Stick so off to the mall I went, in search of the fabulous taupe color she was wearing. Turns out it was "Lots of Latte." The pencil has a creamy texture and applies easily. You can build up the color and blend it out with your finger or a brush. I've read other reviews and complaints about fading and creasing. I've not had a problem with this, whether I used an eye shadow primer or nothing at all. I like the subtle shimmer that all of the pencils seem to have. "Bountiful Beige" borders on frosty but I still like it for highlighting the brow and inner eye area. There's a wide array of colors to choose from - neutrals, blues, plums, and greens. I dare you to buy just one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review concerns the Portly Plum Chubby Stick. I tried several shades out at the store and this seemed to be a nice darkish plum that would go well with my hazel/brownish eyes. The salesgirl thought it would be best for me since it does not have much shine too it. It looked great in the store, but at home, when I actually put it on my lids, it made me look like I'd been crying for days! It has far too much red in it for my cool skin tone. That's the problem with swatching something on one's hand and then actually applying it where it's meant to go. Another expensive mistake, although I have to say that it does go on really well and stays all day.

But I won't be using this. I could return it to the store, but that's a 40-mile roundtrip! Not worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by EastCoasty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been looking for a cream e/s to replace my Trish Malibu, and I found it in the Amber color. It goes on nicely (though sheer) and the color is just right if you like copper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am really glad I bought this chubby eyeshadow stick. I am huge fan of cream eye shadows, but I find that many times cream eye shadows make my eyes crepey and painfully dry. I have been currently using cream blush for this purpose with no ill effects, but I was looking for something new and different and I was drawn to these eye shadow sticks.

I honestly did not have high hopes, but with a generous return policy at Sephora, I gave these Portly Plum a try and I am glad I did as this eyeshadow does not leave my eyelids dry at all and it very easy to apply. I simply rub the stick over a finger and rub where I want it to go, like in the crease. I do this as the color is actually a little dark and may be to intense just drawn on for my taste, but the application is simple and foolproof, I don't mind at all.

The color is a lovely shade of plum as the name implies, great for warm skin tones,not cool, blue toned purple I was concerned about as different images of this shadow looked very different on different sites when I was looking at this product.

I am totally going to try other colors as well. Time will tell if they crease, but as there is a fine tint over the lid, not a heavy amount of product I think the creasing, if at all will be minimal and nothing a sweep of a pinky can't fix.

I am excited to say that Portly Plum gives my light warm toned skin and dark blue eyes a "your lids but better" look that is naturally dramatic if this makes sense. It is perfect, and I hope I stay in love with this eyeshadow for a very long time.