April 18, 2014 | 1833 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried other eye shadow pencils and never been happy with them. Most were difficult to apply and blend so I typically stick to traditional shadow that's applied with a brush. The other day, I couldn't help but notice a patient's subtle eye makeup. The neutral color she used totally made her blue eye color pop. She told me she used a Clinque Chubby Stick so off to the mall I went, in search of the fabulous taupe color she was wearing. Turns out it was "Lots of Latte." The pencil has a creamy texture and applies easily. You can build up the color and blend it out with your finger or a brush. I've read other reviews and complaints about fading and creasing. I've not had a problem with this, whether I used an eye shadow primer or nothing at all. I like the subtle shimmer that all of the pencils seem to have. "Bountiful Beige" borders on frosty but I still like it for highlighting the brow and inner eye area. There's a wide array of colors to choose from - neutrals, blues, plums, and greens. I dare you to buy just one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review concerns the Portly Plum Chubby Stick. I tried several shades out at the store and this seemed to be a nice darkish plum that would go well with my hazel/brownish eyes. The salesgirl thought it would be best for me since it does not have much shine too it. It looked great in the store, but at home, when I actually put it on my lids, it made me look like I'd been crying for days! It has far too much red in it for my cool skin tone. That's the problem with swatching something on one's hand and then actually applying it where it's meant to go. Another expensive mistake, although I have to say that it does go on really well and stays all day.

But I won't be using this. I could return it to the store, but that's a 40-mile roundtrip! Not worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by EastCoasty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been looking for a cream e/s to replace my Trish Malibu, and I found it in the Amber color. It goes on nicely (though sheer) and the color is just right if you like copper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am really glad I bought this chubby eyeshadow stick. I am huge fan of cream eye shadows, but I find that many times cream eye shadows make my eyes crepey and painfully dry. I have been currently using cream blush for this purpose with no ill effects, but I was looking for something new and different and I was drawn to these eye shadow sticks.

I honestly did not have high hopes, but with a generous return policy at Sephora, I gave these Portly Plum a try and I am glad I did as this eyeshadow does not leave my eyelids dry at all and it very easy to apply. I simply rub the stick over a finger and rub where I want it to go, like in the crease. I do this as the color is actually a little dark and may be to intense just drawn on for my taste, but the application is simple and foolproof, I don't mind at all.

The color is a lovely shade of plum as the name implies, great for warm skin tones,not cool, blue toned purple I was concerned about as different images of this shadow looked very different on different sites when I was looking at this product.

I am totally going to try other colors as well. Time will tell if they crease, but as there is a fine tint over the lid, not a heavy amount of product I think the creasing, if at all will be minimal and nothing a sweep of a pinky can't fix.

I am excited to say that Portly Plum gives my light warm toned skin and dark blue eyes a "your lids but better" look that is naturally dramatic if this makes sense. It is perfect, and I hope I stay in love with this eyeshadow for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clinique doesn't get enough love. My first m/u was Clinique, and I had really left it for the more exciting m/u world of MAC, UD, Chante, BB, LM, TM, and a bunch of other brands that made Clinique seem dated and dull.

On a whim, I decided to pick up one of these (Fuller Fudge) to store in my desk at work for touch-ups. I liked the crayon-like design and it wasn't as pricey as other stick-like shadows. This turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.

This goes on smoothly and evenly and blends easily. Some cream (or cream-like) shadows that I've tried dry too fast to blend well, some crease like crazy (even over a primer), and some have little pigmentation. Chubby Stick Shadow Tint is awesome. It's very pigmented, stays on my oily lids all day, and doesn't too too shimmery or too matte.

The two colors I have (Lots O'Latte and Fuller Fudge) are perfect for blue eyes. They're not the flashiest colors (if you're looking for electric blue, try UD's 24/7 Shadow Pencils), but they're very flattering. I'll definitely check out the other shades. The ones I bought never made it to my desk drawer. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally found the perfect easy-eye casual weekend look. Just some Painterly to even out my lid color and then Whopping Willow (a bronzed olive) smudged along the upper and lower lash line. Curl the lashes and apply mascara and my eyes look like they have depth and definition, and still casual and natural enough to be out in sunlight with jeans and a T. I'm 65, NW20 with dark hair, hazel-green eyes. Unfortunately I think these will not be good to travel with in the heat as it most likely will get too soft or even melt which is a shame as the stick has good staying power. I'm going to get some other colors to use in the crease or as liner.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the chubby stick in Bountiful Beige. I swatched this in the store , and it looked good. I asked the Clinique saleslady and was told it would be great as an eyeshadow base.
I tried it at home on my eyes ( a few times with different primers- UD, Too Faced and one from of Victoria Secret) . I also tried it with no primer. Each time I looked like a glitter factory exploded on my face even tho I applied it lightly. It did not matter if I put it directly on the lid or applied it with my finger. . This product is loaded with it and the fallout issue was huge.
I also got the lilac one and did not have this issue. I wish the beige was like the lilac in that regard. It would be perfect.
I am bringing this back to the store. If the fallout issue wasn't so big, I would keep it as a handy highlighter but my Nars copacabana multiple does the job better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these in Lots O' Latte and Fuller Fudge and Bountiful Beige. At first, I was afraid they would be too sheer but they do go on quite pigmented. The stick form is very easy to use, just a few quick swipes and you're good to go. I find that this is easy to blend so long as you don't wait too long after the initial application. The best part is that with a primer (I use Wet n Wild), I get 16 hours of wear with these. I am so very, very impressed. I have quite oily lids and the most I usually get out of anything is 7-8 hours. These wear solidly for 16 hours without even a hint of a crease or fading. They likely would last longer but I end up having to go to bed before I can find out. I can't wait to try the other colors and see if they perform just as well. SUCH a great product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

On my daughter's insistance I picked up the ample amber and boy am I glad I did. Goes no smoothly, no tugging. I worked an 8 hour shift and it stayed fresh with no creasing. Very buildable without looking cakey, but can be worn sheer for a quick run out the door look. Going to pick up more colours today. I do recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I purchased the color Bountiful Beige. I wanted a very natural looking shade of color for my eyes, which is why I decided to go with this one. And, I am totallly love it!

It has incredible staying power, it doesn't irritate my eyes in any way, it is easy to apply, and it is not drying to my eyelids at all. And, the shade Bountiful Beige is perfect for everyday wear, no matter the season!