August 30, 2014 | 1789 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by onlybeautyobsessed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this BB Cream. It's a sheet coverage but it mostly evens out your skin tone and gives you some color. It looks glowy and completely natural. It looks the best when I put it on with my hands and it gives a better coverage with a beauty blender. It also smells amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by hunterkitty78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this BB cream. I've been using the light shade fairly consistently since it was introduced but have tried several other brands of varying price points from Dr. Jart to Cover Girl and I keep returning to the Lumene. I actually just repurchased it yesterday at CVS. I have acne prone skin combination and this does not break me out. I use it on top of my Shiseido Ibuki softener & moisturizer and it leaves my skin glowy and moisturized but not greasy or heavy. The coverage is exactly what I want in a BB cream - pretty light but more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I usually mix in a little foundation on top for more coverage. Regarding the color of the light shade, i am a pale girl with pink undertones, 2nd to lightest shade in most foundations (Nars Mont Blanc;Yves St Laurent 2) and the color is just right for me - it ads a little glow to my skin. I guess if you're that one shade lighter than me it may be too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by RanunculusAtrox

As others have said, the lightest shade ("light") isn't all that light. It has an orange tint to it, and as a pale girl it's glaringly obvious (to me, at least!). It's really a shame because this BB cream applies like a dream and has that wonderful smooth, somewhat dewy finish that I've been trying to achieve for so long with other liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers. I've been mixing it with a lighter foundation because I really can't bear to part with it; it makes my skin look so fresh and healthy. If you've got olive skin/yellow undertones or are somewhat tan, the lightest shade will probably work great for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by EmJiWo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely fantastic! I've used this for a year and my skin really likes it, even though I suffer from acne . However, the dewiness is too much for me since I have oily skin. I have to use a powder after applying Lumene bb cream

The consistency is on the runny side, but it gives a good cover and doesn't leave a cakey finish. It glides smoothly and effortlessly on the skin. Smells of citrus and a bit chalky...
One negative thing about this product is the color. I'm using the light one and I find the color to be too orange. It's most noticable under sunlight.

But in general, this is the best bb cream I've ever tested.Even better than the asian ones!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This has lovely coverage and dewey finish. It evened out my skin tone nicely. Unfortunately, I think the light is a bit too dark for my winter pale skin. I think it would fit nicely in the summer though I don't know how well it will hold up to the heat. SPF could be higher but for the drugstore price (about $15) it seems average. I will repurchase if Lumene brings their lightest shade stateside.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

If only the light version were truly light, then I think this would work for more people. The light is really more medium than most BB creams and foundations. Maybe the natural ingredients cause it to darken in the tube. I was so surprised that this blends in like a dream and sets without being too matte or dewy. It just looks like good skin. I also like that you get more than a standard ounce for the price. I don't notice much of a scent or spf type smell, and it does give a good amount of moisture. The light matches MAC NW 25 at the lightest. Anyone 15-20 will find it too dark.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

I'm so sad that this didn't work for me. I got this in Light and the color worked on me. I did notice that my skin looked brighter after using this. But I think it's been clogging my pores and giving me little zits all over. :( I've been using this for 4 days and I've been getting little whiteheads every day. I was really hoping that this would work for me since everyone else claimed that it didn't cause breakouts for them but it's just not worth it since I'm already struggling with an acne problem. It also made my skin oilier than normal so I don't think my skin meshes well with this product. (Sigh). The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by amycalkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this stuff. My skin looks flawless and well hydrated. The best BB cream ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another rave review here! I have dry, fair cool toned skin and the lightest shade works well for me. I love the coverage and the cream is very hydrating on my skin. The cream does not oxidize throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had been regularly using the Garnier BB cream, which is a decent product but does not have all of the benefits I was looking for in a BB cream - it is more of a tinted moisturizer. I'm normally willing to pay a little more for skin products but I just could not find one that I liked enough to justify the price. A couple of months ago, I took a gamble and purchased the Lumene BB cream based on some online research. It has more skincare benefits than the Garnier BB cream, and the SPF is a little bit higher - both are pluses for me.

It's only a few dollars more than the Garnier BB cream. I think I bought this for $15, while the Garnier one is more like $12. It's a little more than the average drugstore product, but still a reasonable price. The packaging is simple and chic. So far, it's been easy to get the product out.

The consistancy is creamy and easy to spread and blend, which is what I liked about the Garnier BB cream. However, unlike the Garnier one, this one does not leave me greasy. It's been cold and dry the entire time I've been using it, though, so we'll see how it works in the summer.

It does brighten and even out my skin tone. It provides really good coverage without looking like I am wearing anything. I have a small breakout right now that is completely camouflaged without any other foundation or concealer. It's not enough to hide my dark circles but I need the heavy duty ish for that anyway.

It doesn't work like a primer in the sense that makeup will stick to it, and it does tend to fade a bit during the day, but I've started layering my Bobbi Brown vitamin rich face base - which is a moisturizer and primer in one- under the bb cream for a little extra moisture and staying power and it is perfect.

I am giving this product a 5 because it is the best bb cream I have tried in any price range - it's even more awesome that I can get the best at the drugstore at a great price. It delivers on all of its claims and I am really happy with the results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No