Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

4.1

Octinoxate 6.0% Alumina, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), (CI 77891) Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Triisostearin PEG-6 Esters, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 4/25/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this based on the glowing reviews here and really wish I hadn't.

First the good:
Creates an incredibly natural finish without sacrificing coverage
Moisturizing
Contains good for your skin ingredients
Easy to blend

The bad:
BRIGHT orange. I don't mean too dark for my skin I mean oompa loompah costume party orange. If I mix it with my Missha Essential in 13 it's the right shade and I can finish the tube, but on it's own this is a huge fail for anyone with fair skin.

on 4/24/2014 11:18:00 AM

I love this BB cream! It's HG status for me: Pros: dewy finish (yet fast drying, so be careful!), doesn't accentuate dryness, has anti antioxidants, has vit C, moisturizing, pleasant light citrus smell, beautiful finish, squeeze applicator, non irritating, doesn't break my sensitive skin out! Cons: color selection (I barely can wear the lightest shade bc it leans slightly neutral/pink and I am neutral/yellow), dries fast/so work quickly!, it's slightly on the pricey side at 15-17$ a tube (goes on sale a lot for 5$off), can only be purchased at Walgreens/CVS.

Medium/Deep looks great on me, I'm around an NC35. Feels a little sticky while it dries, but it dries very quickly. Slim packaging, available at Rite Aid for around $17. Looks great, really blurs out the small stuff and leaves me feeling confident.

on 4/17/2014 6:31:00 PM

This is the best BB cream I have found so far. Not greasy at all, I suffer from cystic acne and this did NOT cause a break out. Good coverage for the price. I am finding that I am really starting to like all the Lumene products because of their concentration on vitamin C

on 4/11/2014 6:36:00 PM

I got this on a great sale at Walgreen's. If you have oily skin like me, you'll need a setting powder after application, but overall, nice coverage and glow!

This product was just "okay". Nothing impressive. I felt that it made my skin look too shiny, not dewy, but shiny. I didn't notice any positive difference to my skin. I ended up returning.

I love this BB Cream. It's a sheet coverage but it mostly evens out your skin tone and gives you some color. It looks glowy and completely natural. It looks the best when I put it on with my hands and it gives a better coverage with a beauty blender. It also smells amazing

I love this BB cream. I've been using the light shade fairly consistently since it was introduced but have tried several other brands of varying price points from Dr. Jart to Cover Girl and I keep returning to the Lumene. I actually just repurchased it yesterday at CVS. I have acne prone skin combination and this does not break me out. I use it on top of my Shiseido Ibuki softener & moisturizer and it leaves my skin glowy and moisturized but not greasy or heavy. The coverage is exactly what I want in a BB cream - pretty light but more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I usually mix in a little foundation on top for more coverage. Regarding the color of the light shade, i am a pale girl with pink undertones, 2nd to lightest shade in most foundations (Nars Mont Blanc;Yves St Laurent 2) and the color is just right for me - it ads a little glow to my skin. I guess if you're that one shade lighter than me it may be too dark.

As others have said, the lightest shade ("light") isn't all that light. It has an orange tint to it, and as a pale girl it's glaringly obvious (to me, at least!). It's really a shame because this BB cream applies like a dream and has that wonderful smooth, somewhat dewy finish that I've been trying to achieve for so long with other liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers. I've been mixing it with a lighter foundation because I really can't bear to part with it; it makes my skin look so fresh and healthy. If you've got olive skin/yellow undertones or are somewhat tan, the lightest shade will probably work great for you.

on 3/30/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is absolutely fantastic! I've used this for a year and my skin really likes it, even though I suffer from acne . However, the dewiness is too much for me since I have oily skin. I have to use a powder after applying Lumene bb cream

The consistency is on the runny side, but it gives a good cover and doesn't leave a cakey finish. It glides smoothly and effortlessly on the skin. Smells of citrus and a bit chalky...
One negative thing about this product is the color. I'm using the light one and I find the color to be too orange. It's most noticable under sunlight.

But in general, this is the best bb cream I've ever tested.Even better than the asian ones!