April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lipsticksnroses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start of by saying that I was very, very skeptical about this product. I got a tester and I tried it out just for fun. And oh my gosh. It blew me away. This bb feels like heaven on my skin. It has a dewy, radiant texture and it blends in very well, even though it might feel kind of stiff. It has medium coverage that covers my dark under eyes and acne scars. The fact that Lumene is a finnish brand guarantees that it really does moisturize your skin. Up here we really need it... I'm on accutane, I live in cold environment and I have naturally very dry skin. And yet, this product DOES NOT FLAKE. It actually makes my skin look even more healthier. It's like a miracle. Seriously. If you have an oily skin and you're looking for bb that has a light and powdery texture, this is not for you. It also has a relatively strong scent so if your skin is super sensitive, you may want to be careful. But otherwise, you have found your best friend. Works for combination, normal and dry skin. Some people have reported that this bb oxidizes on their skin but from my personal experience I can tell it only happens if your skin is in bad condition... And in terms of the color range, I'm glad to see they have upgraded it: 00 fair (MAC 15-20), 01 light (MAC 20-25) and 02 medium (MAC 30-40?). I'm NW20 and I use the light one, and it's right on the edge of being too dark. Well, I get along with it. The price is pretty high for a drugstore bb (About 15 USD in USA and 25 USD in Finland. How unfair is that?!) but keep in mind, that the tube is 50ml (1.69 fl. oz), not 30ml (1fl. oz). Overall, it's so far the best bb I've ever tried. Right now I'm actually proud to be finnish (and that says a lot).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Corrinne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. It is perfect for my dry, aging skin. Its lightweight but covers everything I need covered and does not end up in a dry, flaky, scaly mess. It feels silky going on and it lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Maubrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am replacing my beloved LM TM in porcelain with this, in light. It covers my redness nicely, and looks fresh and dewy. I am an NC20 and light is just a tad... a tiny tad too dark when I first put it on, but as I blend it in , it looks fine. In fact, Over the course of the day my skin starts to look better. I did try the Lumene CC cream in light, because I was seeking a slightly better color match, and while it did seem to be a slightly better match, once I put it on, it was heavier, almost full coverage, and flatter looking, and did not look as good as the Lumene BB cream.

I got it at CVS, where they sell Lumene products. It smells a bit like orange juice but that smell fades quickly. I will definitely repurchase as it cost 1/3 of what the LM TM does and looks the same, slightly better. A great drugstore find!!!!

****editing 3/14/14 to add, I decided it was a tad too dark for me. Light should work for an nc25 and up. As an nc20/LM porcelain, it is slightly too dark. I saw somewhere that they are making this in extra light in finland. if extra light ever makes it to the USA I will go back to this, because I LOVE the cover and the finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Picked this up due to the near-perfect P'ville rating, and because as much as I like Garnier's BB cream, I'd really like one that actually does something for my skin.

The Lumene one has a really unique and beautiful finish -- dewy and hydrating, and provides even coverage that doesn't feel heavy. That alone is reason to buy it. But the inclusion of antioxidants/Vitamin C is what sold me. (I don't know how stable it is, but it smells strongly of citrus as I apply it.) I wear Light/Medium in Garnier's oil-free BB and Light 01 in Lumene; they both match my skin pretty well.

For anyone having trouble finding it, I got mine at Walgreens (on sale, even). Normally $14.99 for a 1.7 oz tube, which is more than most drugstore BBs but the quality is on par with department-store brands. Very happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy grail bb cream!!! For years I suffered from flakey skin around my jawline when I would apply foundation. No matter what brand I was using the flakey skin still appeared. I purchased this after reading a review on nouveau cheap and was blow away on how flawless my foundation appeared after using this as a base. It absorbs pretty quickly smells really fresh and the flakes are gone!! This is now a staple in my morning makeup routine. Downside its hard to find but it is def worth the 15 price tag

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this and accidently discovered it 1 year ago when I was trying find something to even my skin out . Being latina women and going thru the headache finding something that will blend into the skin instead of damaging is hard . I used the # 2 and goes on as white but as you put it blends with your skin after few seconds . I am into mineral make up but lately I switch to this if I have not had good nights sleep to have more coverage than the light minerals that I use for my skin . I don't understand how this line does it but something about this product makes my skin glow and diff plan get some more once I run out because it smells good too and makes me feel young and not older .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by colorcollapse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this after a bad experience with another BB Cream (breakouts, dry spots, etc.) After using this BB Cream everyday for a couple weeks my skin has cleared up and dramatically improved.
The texture is not thick at all but it has great pigment and covers pretty well, if I'm just hanging out around the house or running a quick errand I can just use this and some concealer if absolutely necessary.
Most days I wear this under foundation. I have tried this under Revlon Colorstay liquid, L'oreal True Match liquid, Boots No 7 Lift and Luminate, and Beauty without Cruelty liquid and it looks great. I usually wear setting powder on top too
This BB Cream does have a light scent of oranges, not chemical oranges that you smell in house cleaner but actual oranges. It's refreshing and not strong at all, it quickly disappears after application.
For the price this BB Cream is a steal, would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sherry628

This is really great for every day use. I like to wear my foundation for special occasions and use BB cream or tinted moisturizers for work/running errands. I've been using the Garnier for oily skin, and have been liking it, but saw the reviews on this and happened to pick this up at Ulta when it was on sale...and I have to say, I have been converted! This has much better coverage and gives me a more "matte" look. With Garnier, I had to blot twice a day, but with this, I've only had to blot only once a day.

I vary between NC30 or NC35 in MAC so I picked up the medium. At first, I thought it was way too orange, but it does blend out nicely. I've applied this with my fingers, with my Real Technique buffing brush, and the Real Technique sponge. So far the damp sponge gave me the more flawless look. Don't get me wrong, I still have to apply undereye concealer, regular concealer and a translucent powder, but I really like the way it leaves my skin.

Also, just a side note, I apply a primer to my skin before any BB cream or foundation. I've been switching between Clinque Pore Minimizer, Clarins Instant Smooth Perfector and the new Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser. Still looking for that perfect primer and awaiting to receive my Tarte Clean Slate Poreless to try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by whitedove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried many BB creams that are on the market right now and this is one of the best! I hardly buy drug/discount store brands, but Lumene is different. This BB cream has a nice consistency - not too thick and not too watery but it blends quite well. The coverage is not as heavy as some BBs (like Cliniques) but you can build it or finish with a powder, which I typically do. On a day to day basis I'm trying to cover imperfections and blur the look of lines & wrinkles and this BB really does the job! For the quality product this is at a drug store price, I give it a 5 star!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

I love this. It's the only foundation that hasn't broken me out. I do wish it wasn't quite so peachy.