August 1, 2014 | 1686 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Setting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

I do really like love product. It holds makeup all day while giving an almost airbrushed look like everyone else on makeupalley is saying. Gives you a beautiful glow while almost disguising the fact that your wearing foundation? It's hard to explain but it's wonderful. The only thing I was hoping was it would also act as a highlighter but it doesn't. I would for sure buy this again if I ran out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's Keerstin on You Tube made me buy this product. I had received a $15.00 off $50.00 E mail coupon from Sephora, so I decided I (cough, cough) needed this. I have tried the Tarte, MU Forever HD, The MAC Powder, Ben Nye, ELF...and they were all OK, but most left too much of a white cast, plus in photos it can look ghostly. I think this powder is the best of all the ones I've tried. It is so silky, you just need a small amount and it feels like a feather, and poof-- your skin is so smooth and it's just perfection-!!! Perfection, I tell you! I also like the oil control, better than any other powders I have used. Plus this does not look dry of feel dry on your face. I love this and I will purchase over and over!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am newly obsessed with this stuff!!! I usually don't powder my face at all since I have dry skin but I decided to try this for special occasions after reading the reviews. I was a little skeptical but wow, I'm so impressed! It's like this powder gives you soft focus lighting, or an instant skin filter-I'm lucky to have pretty perfect skin already, but this stuff makes it look really flawless. No shimmer or glitter at all, and no whiteness in photos as others have mentioned. I do wish I'd read about keeping the sticker on before I ripped the whole thing off, but I do really like the packaging otherwise. It looks classy on my sink. Wish it weren't so expensive, but I really do think it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have the loose version of this powder.

I love the look this gives my skin. A softened, velvet look that is neither overly matte nor overly shimmery. There are very small shimmer particles in this powder, but they aren't visible, even in flash photography (unless you're using way too much!) It doesn't exacerbate the look of my dry patches, and it also does a decent job of controlling shine. My skin is normal though, of you have very oily skin it may not be enough.

This powder gives a nice diffused look to my skin, even if I'm not wearing any other makeup underneath it. It won't hide flaws (it is translucent, after all), but it makes pores and lines look much less noticeable. I find that it looks a lot more flattering on my skin than traditional silica powders do. I'd definitely repurchase, but I'll probably end up trying out the pressed version when I run out of the loose stuff I'm using now.

As far as loose powders go, the packaging is excellent. It has just enough holes to dispense the correct amount of product into the lid without making a huge mess every time you use it. I do recommend putting tape over the holes if you plan to travel with it though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by posborne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the loose setting powder.

I LOVE this setting powder. it actually made my skin look like skin...if that makes sense. i didn't have the horrible cakey seriously matte look like i would get with using rimmel stay matte translucent pressed powder. Not sure how it will go with keeping my oils at bay throughout the day as i used it at night and it was cold but i didn't go disgustingly oily as i usually would, only a nice glow i guess you could call it. but thats why i gave it a 4. i do really love the packaging its the classic sleek nars look however it will be messy so just be careful not to spill precious product. i will have to test out how it goes when working an 8 hour shift surrounded by food and oils, and constantly on my feet running around, that will be the serious test! but for now it will be a beautiful powder for going out at night and without doubt special occasions! also i really felt my makeup looked good once i had applied it AND stayed that way the duration of the night, so top marks!! haha and in regards to others saying they had felt their face when paler, i didn't notice any colour change to my skin, i just tapped my powder brush into the product and then patted around my face and concentrated on my oiliest areas, being the T ZONE.
If you're thinking about purchasing this product, i say take the plunge, its expensive no doubt ($55 in Australia!!!!) but i feel my makeup once being set has never looked as good. the product definitely did what it said it would!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes my skin so dry. It's more than a 'setting' powder. It's too harsh to just 'set' make-up and yet offers no real coverage to be a regular powder. Not really sure what to do with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by halee2304

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I apply this it completely changes the look of my makeup, my skin looks clearer for some reason and it controls my oily skin well. Not sure if it's just me but it smells really bad. Also, although I feel the loose powder works better than the pressed, it's messy to work with and it has leaked and spilled all through my makeup bag, which is annoying. So I love it but the packaging just annoys me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I find myself constantly checking to see if I have an oily t-zone, and chances are...it is. However, I came across this lovely powder, and boom--what a difference. I bought the pressed powder version, and when I looked at it under the Sephora lighting I thought this was way too sparkly for me, but actually, you honestly cant see any sparkles.

Pros
1. My skin is a moody creature of its own. I will put something on my face, and about 123891721323 pimples pop up, and thats just a rough estimation. This stuff DID NOT break me out whatsoever, and I have been using it everyday for the last couple of months.

2. A normal day for me: wake up at 6:00a.m.-- do my makeup and "I feel pretty", go to school, go to work, come home at 6:00p.m...."ewwww my face looks greasy, I feel ugly". If you have had similar days, this is definitely a product for you. Im not one to bring makeup with me, so I rarely touch up, maybe blot with blotting paper occasionally, but thats it. This stuff works like a dream, it sets my makeup, and lasts pretty much all day long. In other words this allows me to say "I feel pretty" more often.

3. Don't let the sparkles in the powder scare you, you can't see them. Believe me, I sometimes pack this baby on my face, you CAN'T see it--and this never looks cakey. It actually makes my complexion look better!

4. When you put it on...you see nothing, and it feels as though you didnt really put anything on your skin. But when you touch your face after you put it on, its literally silky smooth--and for a girl with acne like me, thats pretty impressive. But even though it may seem you didnt put anything on, it makes a huge difference to your makeup--in a good way. It definitely mattifies your face without making it look powdery, and this is WAY better than the make up forever translucent powder--WAY BETTER. No comparison actually.

5. This doesn't make you look white in pictures, it makes you look natural and matte.

Cons:
1. $34...even though I would probably find myself buy this again, I feel like there isn't that much product. But, to me, thats the only con.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I received this in a swap because I was curious of how people are always in love with this powder and how it's compatible with dry skin even though it's a powder. Now that summer is over and I'm no longer oily, my dry patches will be coming back. However, I still wanted a setting powder for my MAC SS foundation just so that there's zero transfer onto shirts and such.

I wanted one that wouldn't cake or accentuate dry patches. So far, this powder is doing just that and more. It makes imperfections "blur" if you will and cast a nice glow to the face so I can skip highlighting too. I use sunscreen, primer, studio sculpt, then set with this before I use blush. The general effect is very soft and airbrushed. Of course, it doesn't add coverage, but my skin is really good to begin with. I use the RT powder brush to sweep across the T-zone and cheekbones.

For the price, I think it's reasonable. A lot of drugstore powder can look dull and flat even if they're not cakey. (I'm talking about Rimmel Stay Matte). This powder really plays well into the dewy look without looking shiny. It's just an ethereal glow :O

The only downside would be the awful sift packaging for the loose powder. It's hard to get a tiny amount. I would repurchase, but since there's so much it's probably going to be 30 years from now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a review for the pressed version/compact.

Let me begin by saying, I LOVE this powder. I have oily skin so a setting powder/compact is pretty much a necessity in my everyday makeup routine. Previously I had been using Urban Decay DeSlick powder, which is much more 'powdery' and white, and if you aren't careful you can wind up with bits of white powder all over.

This setting powder has a slighttttttt shimmer to it when you look in the pan, which made me a bit nervous at first because I'm a matte person (oily skin with shimmer isn't a good look). This slight shimmer doesn't translate to your skin at all when you apply it, in fact, It's undetectable when used over your makeup - it just adds this beautiful finish to your skin. I want to say 'glowy' but I'm not sure if thats the right description. Basically, it's not a powdery & stark matte finish and I just think it looks amazing on the skin. Even when I got a bit oily (after 7hrs of wear) it wasn't the typical oiliness I expect from my skin. Sometimes when I use other setting powders, they build a kind of weird mask on the skin after a few applications, after mixing with your skins oils. This powder, does not do that!

It comes in a nice compact which is the size of NARS brozers, except it's in a nice fabric pouch with a little compartment for the sponge (which I assume would be good if you took this out in your purse, but I use a brush to apply it at home). Overall I'm kind of obsessed. It's so finely milled and pressed into the pan, it seems like a little goes a long way so I hope this lasts me a while! Not cheep, but the great quality you expect from all NARS products!