December 19, 2014 | 1473 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Setting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by andythemuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simply put, this is too shimmery to put all over your face, it looks like glitter! And on the other hand, it's not shimmery enough to use as highlighter, so I really can't think of any pros to this. I'm glad I tested it at Sephora before getting carried away by the positive reviews here. This one's a miss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've been test driving this for the last week or so and honestly don't know how this powder is different from the regular NARS powder or my previous loose powder from Shiseido. It's not chalky, which is a plus, and it seems to absorb oil, which is why I wear it, but I'm not really noticing any light reflecting properties.

Packaging is a pain, but I plan on taping the sifter's powder holes or just taking the sifter out altogether and just unscrewing the top and using whatever clings to the inside of the top lid. This is definitely an at-home powder though. I wouldn't keep this in my purse makeup bag or take it traveling.

Right now I'm giving it a 3/5 but will update it if it grows on me. I swapped for this because I was running out of loose powder but I'm not sure that I'd repurchase at this point.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a must buy if you use liquid foundation! Personally, I use NARS Sheer Glow Foundation and when I first bought it, I realized that it made my face way too shiny so I bought NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder. I was really skeptical about it, but it made my face look flawless. I was also worried that it would make my face look completely white in photos, but it actually looks very natural.

Some people complain about the packaging, since the powder tends to spill out everywhere when you take the cap off. The solution to this problem? Don't put it in your purse, just leave it at home. You won't need to take it with you. One application is enough for the entire day. The more you put on, the cakier it will look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I made the switch from LM translucent loose powder to this! NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder completes all my needs! It reduces the oiliness significantly, sets my makeup for eight hours and holds everything in place. I like how light it is, as if it's not there. When I apply it, it mattifies and makes my face feel silky. My face does not feel cakey after half a day. Although there is no sparkle/shimmer, it gives my complexion an overall glow. The packaging works in my favor because I don't have to tip the case over and constantly beat the bottom for the powder to come out through the holes. I'm a careful person by nature so things don't get messy...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy wow. I LOVE this product so much I want to marry it. I got this at the Sephora VIB sale. While I was mainly stocking up on basics, I wanted to try one new product that I had seen people rave about and this is it. This has improved the overall look of my makeup so much, improved lasting power, doesn't make me ghosty or matte (I'm looking at you MUFE HD powder), and doesn't exacerbate my already dry/flaky skin. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive/rosacean skin. I get so many compliments when I wear this. Amazing product. Did I mention how much I love it?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by ilali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE FORMULA:
NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder is an extremely finely milled translucent setting powder. The powder has light reflecting properties, NOT SHIMMER.

THE COLOR RANGE:
There is only one shade since this is a TRANSLUCENT setting powder.

APPLICATION:
NARS light reflecting powder is VERY SILKY to the touch. I used a Real Techniques setting brush to apply it. It did not catch on my dry skin. I applied the powder over my Estee Lauder Double Wear which is notoriously matte and it managed to give me a subtle dewy finish.

The biggest strength of this powder is that it SIGNIFICANTLY BLURS PORES :)
Another great thing is that it does not leave a white cast. I have tan skin, (Tawny is Estee Lauder DW, NC35 Mac, 6.5 Giorgio Armani) and the powder did not leave a white cast over my foundation like some other powders which claim to be translucent.

STAYING POWER:
It is very hard to say what the staying powder of this powder is because this is a translucent powder. What I can say is that my CONCEALER STAYED PUT and my t-zone did not become greasy as the day progressed. I think that on someone with oily skin a touch-up would be required to remain shine-free all day.

THE VERDICT:
This is a great product. The powder is clearly of VERY HIGH QUALITY and all the claims it makes are true. I will buy this again as I believe it is the best translucent powder on the market at the moment.

Checkout my BLOG for more info and PICS on this powder: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by lllauraxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is advertised as a translucent setting powder that does not make the skin flat or matte and leaves no chalky cast on the skin.
Well, it's set my foundation and concealer well and the extremely fine, soft powder is very easy to apply. It does sort of give an overall lighter colour to the skin which doesn't soften greatly after application, I wouldn't call it chalky or obvious though. My only problem with this powder is it feels quite dry on the skin. It doesn't accentuate or cause dryness but leaves a dry sensation I find uncomfortable. I wouldn't call it glowy at all. I was excited to buy it and while it does what it says it does, I don't find it incredible or a must have. Better setting powders on the market.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This was a horrible product. This loose setting powder in 'Crystal' really dried out my skin especially my chin and jaw area, and made it super itchy throughout the day. The effect of diffusing light and blurring imperfections giving the illusion of a brightened and seamless skin was not long lived either - 'the perfect complexion' effect only lasted for about 2 hours max. The only lasting effect was that the skin felt so utterly smooth and soft until I washed my face - super drying to my skin. What a disappointment this was. Returned it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This was a disappointment. I brought the pressed version and it did not fulfill any of its promises. I tried it with a fan brush and a kabuki. Made me produce so much oily I felt like I could contribute excess to my deep fryer. And despite using a very light hand I still had a slight white cast to my skin (for reference I'm nc45 in MAC and golden in Bobbi Brown) even hours after application. Tried it using various foundation brands and formulas and my bb & cc cream. No dice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations for this product as it seems to be a MU board favorite. I do think it would be a good product for someone with oily to combination skin but on my aging, dry skin it was sort of a disaster. I wore it everyday for a week to be sure but this powder seems a little bit drying and really draws attention to any dry, flaky spots. I live in Minnesota and it's winter so as you can imagine I have more dry, flaky spots that I want right now so not a good combination. I did not find the powder whitening. It does seem finely milled and on my chin I really like the finish but not on the rest of my face. I think I'm going to avoid silica based powders from now on.

I'm 43 with dry, sensitive skin and mild rosacea. Foundation shades are MAC NC15 / BB Porcelain.