September 21, 2014 | 1861 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Setting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by lllauraxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is advertised as a translucent setting powder that does not make the skin flat or matte and leaves no chalky cast on the skin.
Well, it's set my foundation and concealer well and the extremely fine, soft powder is very easy to apply. It does sort of give an overall lighter colour to the skin which doesn't soften greatly after application, I wouldn't call it chalky or obvious though. My only problem with this powder is it feels quite dry on the skin. It doesn't accentuate or cause dryness but leaves a dry sensation I find uncomfortable. I wouldn't call it glowy at all. I was excited to buy it and while it does what it says it does, I don't find it incredible or a must have. Better setting powders on the market.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This was a horrible product. This loose setting powder in 'Crystal' really dried out my skin especially my chin and jaw area, and made it super itchy throughout the day. The effect of diffusing light and blurring imperfections giving the illusion of a brightened and seamless skin was not long lived either - 'the perfect complexion' effect only lasted for about 2 hours max. The only lasting effect was that the skin felt so utterly smooth and soft until I washed my face - super drying to my skin. What a disappointment this was. Returned it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This was a disappointment. I brought the pressed version and it did not fulfill any of its promises. I tried it with a fan brush and a kabuki. Made me produce so much oily I felt like I could contribute excess to my deep fryer. And despite using a very light hand I still had a slight white cast to my skin (for reference I'm nc45 in MAC and golden in Bobbi Brown) even hours after application. Tried it using various foundation brands and formulas and my bb & cc cream. No dice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations for this product as it seems to be a MU board favorite. I do think it would be a good product for someone with oily to combination skin but on my aging, dry skin it was sort of a disaster. I wore it everyday for a week to be sure but this powder seems a little bit drying and really draws attention to any dry, flaky spots. I live in Minnesota and it's winter so as you can imagine I have more dry, flaky spots that I want right now so not a good combination. I did not find the powder whitening. It does seem finely milled and on my chin I really like the finish but not on the rest of my face. I think I'm going to avoid silica based powders from now on.

I'm 43 with dry, sensitive skin and mild rosacea. Foundation shades are MAC NC15 / BB Porcelain.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by yungbadgal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to buy this product, as Nars is my favorite brand. I told an employee at sephora about my dry patches and she said that this powder shouldn't be a problem, as I'm pretty reluctant to use powder on my flaky face. I bought it and I was pretty disappointed. On someone with normal or more oily skin I bet this would look perfect, but on me it just dried me out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This had too much sparkle in it for me. I usually use Mac blot powder and wanted to branch out and try something else and since I love nars i figured why not. The packaging is very nice but once it catches the powder or other loose products it clings to the packaging and makes it look dirty. However the case never looks scratched up because it isn't plastic so that's a plus. It's stark white and doesn't transfer that color to my face no matter how much I packed on. If it didn't have the sparkle in it I totally would have been in love but it had to go back

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is great. Doesn't look cakey at all and hides pores pretty well. I do not see the "light reflecting" effects.
However, I returned it. I just can't justify the price when my $3 NYC loose powder is (almost) just as good. I am willing to deal with a little less quality for literally 1/10 of the price.
If you're willing to spend, this is the powder for you.
I had this is loose, translucent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

I do really like love product. It holds makeup all day while giving an almost airbrushed look like everyone else on makeupalley is saying. Gives you a beautiful glow while almost disguising the fact that your wearing foundation? It's hard to explain but it's wonderful. The only thing I was hoping was it would also act as a highlighter but it doesn't. I would for sure buy this again if I ran out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's Keerstin on You Tube made me buy this product. I had received a $15.00 off $50.00 E mail coupon from Sephora, so I decided I (cough, cough) needed this. I have tried the Tarte, MU Forever HD, The MAC Powder, Ben Nye, ELF...and they were all OK, but most left too much of a white cast, plus in photos it can look ghostly. I think this powder is the best of all the ones I've tried. It is so silky, you just need a small amount and it feels like a feather, and poof-- your skin is so smooth and it's just perfection-!!! Perfection, I tell you! I also like the oil control, better than any other powders I have used. Plus this does not look dry of feel dry on your face. I love this and I will purchase over and over!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am newly obsessed with this stuff!!! I usually don't powder my face at all since I have dry skin but I decided to try this for special occasions after reading the reviews. I was a little skeptical but wow, I'm so impressed! It's like this powder gives you soft focus lighting, or an instant skin filter-I'm lucky to have pretty perfect skin already, but this stuff makes it look really flawless. No shimmer or glitter at all, and no whiteness in photos as others have mentioned. I do wish I'd read about keeping the sticker on before I ripped the whole thing off, but I do really like the packaging otherwise. It looks classy on my sink. Wish it weren't so expensive, but I really do think it's worth it!