Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 5/4/2015 3:13:00 AM

I really like this, i love the spf factor and I like that the coverage is nice but light and blurs imperfections like a primer and keeps blush on nice

on 4/27/2015 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using this product since about January. One of my New Year resolutions was to improve my skin, and I figured a "healthier" make-up could help with that.

I had been eyeballing this product ever since its initial release, but the price tag and small size was off-putting. "You can get a lot more product from other companies for the same amount of money!" I thought. Yes, this is true. However, it doesn't matter if the other products are unsatisfactory. This product is truly worth the money, I'd say. Imma tell you why!

Texture: this feels slippery and silky like a primer. In fact, the packaging says you can use it as a primer...aside from special events, I think that may be overkill. I wear it alone. This great texture is wonderful at filling in the potholes--uh, I mean pores--on my face. Does it completely smooth them out to Photoshop perfection? No, let's be realistic. Besides, that would look freaky. What it does do is make my face look like it has normal-sized pores, which is a huge win for me. I've had other products achieve this, but they broke me out (filled in my pores too well, I suppose!). The texture blends out evenly and easily without streakiness.

Coverage: this is light-medium coverage. It's pretty good at covering up my blotchiness that occurs due to nerves and heat. Unless it's that time of the month and I have a big honkin' hormonal zit, I generally don't feel the need to use concealer. Despite this decent coverage, it doesn't feel like anything is on my face. Not only is it weightless, but my skin feels like it can breath. Once set with powder, I don't have much issue with transferring, either.

Benefits: Okay, here's what really sealed the deal for me! It has SPF30, which is one of the higher SPFs you see in make-up. I prefer an SPF in my make-up, since many standalone face sunscreens burn my face (Why? I don't know, I assume it's an inactive ingredient they feature). This doesn't sting. Another goodie: the longer I used this (as in, about a month into using it), my face looked better. Less blotchiness, fewer bumps (not acne, just little bumps I previously would get), and less acne. I'm not sure if the "treatment" effects it claims were at play, or if previous products I used were just that irritating to my skin, but either way I was HAPPY. Another happy point: it's pretty good at controlling the oily mess that my face typically is, without the smothering feeling of most oil-control products.

The last time a make-up really helped improve my skin was when I switched to Bare Minerals Matte (I just got over the extreme-o mess that stuff made). Where before I was constantly trying new foundations, I have no desire to do so now. It's a keeper!!

on 4/26/2015 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I loved this product. I first bought the travel sized package at Sephora and I loved it so I bought the full size after I ran out. I use the BB cream almost everyday because it is so light and feels like nothing on my skin. The cream is so smooth and I apply it with a foundation brush or a beauty blend and it blends perfectly with my skin. I have in the light shade and at first in seems really yellow but like I said it blends really well into my skin and looks really natural and light weight once its on. It is my go to makeup product and I love it for everyday makeup.

My skin can get dry patches in the winter in between my eyebrows and abound my noes and if you apply too much on dry patches it becomes really noticeable and thats the one thing I don't like about it. However I just apply just the slightest bit when that happens and it is fine. If oyu have really dry skin this is not the product for you.

Overall I loved this BB cream and its one of my favs

on 4/1/2015 10:32:00 AM

I bought this product after a friend of mine raves about how much she loved it for her oily skin. I picked up the travel size (thankful I didn't purchase full size) in the Light shade. After the first use, I was impressed. I loved the coverage, the smooth application, and how light weight it felt. However, after a week I noticed a small breakout on my chin, I figured it was probably hormonal but stopped using the product just in case. My skin cleared up in about 3 days and I decided to give this another shot. WRONG! After 3 days of use, I am now dealing with another breakout on my chin, a white head on my right cheek, and a small cystic breakout on my left cheek. I wanted to love this product so much but I just cannot deal with these breakouts. I am going to steer clear of Tarte's primers/BB creams and foundations from now on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product shouldn't work on me, but it does! It's pretty yellow in tone, and I'm a neutral/cool NW20, but the shade Light is sheer enough to blend with my skin and not look like a weird yellow mask. It also helps neutralize my surface redness. The other reason it shouldn't work is because my skin is dry and the texture of it has a very "silicone primer" feel to it and that's usually better suited to oily skin and for oil control. If my skin is well moisturized when I apply it, it dries down to a gorgeous satin finish and doesn't make me look dry! I don't set it with powder, though, because that probably would be too much mattifying for me!

A heads up, it's much cheaper to buy the travel sized version than the full size, so if you are either Light or Medium (travel size only come in those two shades), do yourself a favor and save around $15\oz!

on 3/30/2015 5:21:00 AM

I feel like a lot of people really dislike this product but it is my ABSOLUTE HOLY GRAIL! It gives light coverage but does really well at evening skin tone and covering redness. The consistency is like that of a primer as it has own built in. If you like Benefits Porefessional I think you would like this aswell. This does need to be set but when used with a powder it lasts ALL DAY.
Not to mention since I have the fairest skin ever, and I mean fair, this matches perfectly! It blends to perfection! Doesn't oxidize at all!
I recommend using this with a beauty blender or a rounded dense brush.

on 3/27/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted a light coverage tinted moisturizer/bb cream with relatively high spf, so I ordered this for the first time from Tarte's website in the travel size in medium for $10. When I took off the protective seal for the tube, it just burst out everywhere wasting product and giving me a bit to clean up. After that mess, I dotted it around my face (already moisturized) and patted it in with my fingers--it felt very silky and nice during application and it left my face with a finish that didn't feel heavy or sticky. I personally like that it didn't completely cover blemishes or redness, but that's because I'm more into a natural look for the face. At first I thought it looked pretty nice, but that was before I got a little closer in the mirror.

To get the most out of that sun protection I figured I'd have to apply quite a bit, but even with what I thought was a light application it ended up looking cakey, showed off my pores, accentuated dry spots that I normally don't even see on my naked face or with other foundations, and settled into any kind of lines I had.. Definitely not something I would want to build on.

I really wanted to love this because of the spf and the way it felt, but I could only apply a *tiny* amount with a brush to areas that I was 100% sure weren't dry to any extent (thanks, combo skin), and at that point the spf doesn't even matter so I ultimately returned it.

on 3/25/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

After trying this out in a variety of different settings, I don't like it as much as I initially did.. Because the color selection is the equivalent of S!HT and the light is like more of a medium and thus is way too dark, and the fair is way too light.... when you wear this "bb tinted whatever its called" for more than 6ish hours (depends on the weather) it begins to cake up and because the color is not amazng but a "i can make it work with some extra bronzer" it just looks SO BAD after a while and your face ends up looking like a smeared/caked-on-oily pile of ash.

SOOOO, I'm changing my 4 star rating to a 3 star rating because it's 12 hour claim is a load of ...B....S.... :)

Lets start by saying I have oily skin. This bb-tinted 12 hour primer has its fair share of pros and cons.

What I didnt like about this product is that the color selection sucks. Fair was too light and light was way too dark. And i'm not huge on buying 2 and mixing them together, I know some people don't mind doing this, but if I'm paying over 20$ for a foundation/tinted moisturizer, I expect a better color selection.

The second thing I didn't like about it is that It is so overpriced for how much product you get, i mean at about 62$ Canadian with tax... no, its not worth it. It comes in a plastic tube for god sakes!!!

The third thing i didn't like is the feeling of the bb tinted moisturizer, it just feels so weird!! I hate the process of putting it on, it just feels too mousse-like. (Once it's on I don't really feel like I have anything on though)

The only huge pro about this product and is the only reason that I'd probably re-purchase if I don't find anything better, is its lasting power. I haven't tested it out for 12 hours, but its the only product that I don't look greasy within 3 hours. I don't wear a primer underneath or put on a setting spray because in my opinion, for every day, that's just way too many steps.

Also, I have no idea what people are talking about and how it doesn't have enough coverage.....I think this has plenty of coverage and sometimes too much. I never wear concealer with this. As a side note, I don't have blemishes and very rarely get blemishes, I suffer from those damn 'underneath the skin skin-colored pimples' or whatever they're called.

I use this product just to even out my skin tone (I don't have good skin in that regard, I look so sick and have yet to find something that will help with that) and the product accomplishes this well and usually for as long as I want it to on my beloved, dearest oily skin.

For reference, I hated the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (even the oil-free version) not enough coverage/evening out my skin tone and what they claim as oil free is a joke, I was greasy upon application.
Bobbi Brown bb cream is good in my books
smashbox bb & cc, peter thomas roth cc, dior bb are all ok
shiseido tinted moisturizer..lets not even talk about it (aka worst product ever...don't buy it)

I will only repurchase if I don't find anything better, to my oillies out there, please message me if you have suggestions!

on 3/23/2015 5:17:00 PM

I've read lots of good reviews before buying this product in fair shade. When I've tested it on my wrist and a part of my face in store, it felt and looked very nice and smooth. My skin is quite dry and I can tell, that this product does not suit dry skin well. I like to wear bb or cc creams alone, not applying moisturizer or bearing just a little. With this product you definitely need to apply lots. alone it feels dry and somewhat chalky, and it really emphasises dry patches. My skin is fair (with slight "seasonal" tan). Blonde hair. So, I've noticed that this product has a yellowish tint to it. It sort of washes my look away (comparing to other bb creams in the same lightest shade). Makes me look unhealthy. Another problem I've noticed is that it has the same effect as some of hd setting powder have. Beware when you have your picture taken with flash, it really brightens you up, making you look like a ghost. And god help you, if the application is uneven! will make your look a total disaster on the picture, showing white patches on your face. I wonder if it's only the problem for a fair shade.
I kinda stopped using it, or using it's a bit to achieve matt look (it's very matt). I'll try to use it again when I'll need lightweight bb cream for hot days, just to see if it might still somehow work for me and not to be complete waste of money.

on 3/22/2015 12:20:00 PM

This is an excellent product to wear by itself or under foundation. I use fair, and the slight yellow tones even out all the redness in my skin and blurs the appearance of pores. I also love the silky texture and the fact that it has SPF 30. This is my go to in the summer, for light coverage.