November 27, 2014 | 1581 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Fresh Effects in Light/Medium

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by FLkeysgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only tried a sample of this cream that had enough for one use, so please keep that in mind when reading my review. I have never purchased BB creams, because I like more coverage and simply never thought I had a use for one. This one was what i expected, as it was so sheer it did nothing to cover even my slight red marks. I saw nothing after I put in on other than a teeny-tiny slight change in skin hue towards a pinkish tone. It just does not seem to "sink in" as a moisturizer, either, and the ingredient list does not look like anything special. I will not purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was running out of my usual BB cream (Marcelle BB cream) and thought I would experiment with others. Olay Fresh Effects BB cream provides sheer coverage with a smooth base and moisturizing properties. With this product, my skin looks natural and dewy, probably because the pigmentation is sheer. In comparison, when I wear Marcelle BB cream, my skin looks one dimensional and flat. With Olay Fresh Effects BB cream, I look less "plastered". I prefer to only wear foundation for special events and night time outings, so this would be one option for daytime errands and going to work. I chose the Light-to-Medium shade and it blends very well with my yellow undertones.

The major negative with this product for me is the scent; it's like a fake soapy smell along the lines of Irish Spring soap. I don't like noticeable scents on my face and the scent doesn't disappear fast enough after application. Basically, you keep smelling the scent for hours after application.

Summary:
- sheer and natural-looking coverage (if you have a lot of blemishes, this product is not for you)
- moisturizing
- has a fake soapy smell, which you may or may not like
- Canadian version of product does not have any SPF

Overall I think this is a decent product for the price. Would I buy it again? Probably not; there are way too many other BB cream products out there to try, to keep me loyal to this one!

19 Jan 2014

Update: I've been wearing this BB cream for the last 3 days. My skin doesn't like it; my face feels itchy and looks splotchy. Smelling the scent for hours on my face was a huge turn-off. I returned this product back to the store.

Overall, drugstore BB creams seem to be one giant FAIL. Maybelline's Magic BB cream made me break out, Garnier BB creams are too pink, and the ones with SPF have too much of a sheen. I will stick to using Marcelle's BB cream and will only try other BB creams at a higher price point. These $10 BB creams are crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by JenDrGreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Do not use this if you have oily skin. Coverage is so-so. Goes on smooth, but within an hour becomes very oily. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mbennett23

Barely any coverage that I could notice - if anything, it's the placebo effect. Also, this made me break out like crazy, and I never break out. The price point is what hooked me and reeled me in, but next time I'd be willing to shell out more for [what I hope is] a significantly better product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Leeso89

So I got this product because I had a coupon and I was really interested in finding out what all the hype was about with this whole bb cream thing. I tried it when I got it but my skin was irritated at the time and it didn't really do me any favors. Fast foward a few months later and I thought it would be a good idea to try it in place of a primer. I have to say it got the job done. I liked having this layerd under my makeup. It has a really nice texture to it goes on reall smooth. Does have spf which is a plus and I didnt mind the smell. I havent used it long enough to find out if their skin perfecting claims are true, but it does make my pores look smaller.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG

Choke Choke Choke on the potent SMELL

I put on my face, choking thinking the scent would soon go away. Hours later, I am still choking over the scent on my face, and went through the hassle of removing my "face" and re doing my "face" what a hassle.

The color for fair skin is very pink and while I do have pink undertones in my skin, I am too red-faced and want a more neutral color.

I really expected more from Olay, and I use many Olay products. Their face cream with a Hint of Tint is fantastic.

This is a huge miss for Olay, and I doubt I would buy another Olay make up product.

You would think Olay would do a trial on their own products, and see what people think before they launch into an area they are not currently involved with (make up).

BTW:
I returned this to Bed Bath and Beyond, where I buy many DrugStore Products. They are great about returns, right up there with Sephora probably THE best place to shop for drugstore items due to a great return policy. I was able to get all of my money back.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Eliiiiissaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't think I would like this product as much as do. It's a decent oil free moisturizer and I've noticed it brightens my skin. I have olive skin so it's always hard to find a foundation or any face product that is my skin tone. It is very sheer but, I'm not a big fan of heavy face products. If you're looking for something with better coverage then I recommend Clinique's Tinted Moisturizer. It is more expensive, however it works as both a foundation and moisturizer so I find it more reasonable than Clinique's regular foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This is a prime example of why I stay away from most American "BB creams". I was amazed at how AWFUL this is. I don't like how companies just slap any package with the "BB cream" label on it since it has become the trend. At most this is a decent moisturizer, and it comes in a pretty big tube (75 ml). But BB cream? No way. If you're used to good quality proper Korean BB creams - this is the farthest thing from it. It is basically a slightly greasy almost tinted moisturiser, but even my tinted moisturisers have more coverage.

Coverage is somewhere between absolutely nothing & staring in the mirror wondering if you even put any product on. So useless. It isn't able to even out skin tone, or hide the smallest of blemishes. There's nothing to comment on about staying power because there is nothing on your skin anyway. It's like applying your morning cream. I feel like Olay could have done so much better. Even Rimmel. Garnier, and L'oreal offer options with a bit more coverage - and I know some people complain that those brands have no coverage!

If you don't like real BB creams and you want a daytime moisturizer with spf & literally zero coverage it will probably make you happy. If you are used to actual BB creams and want light to medium coverage or to at least look polished, even skin tone, etc - there are way better options from Missha, Skin79, Etude House, ElishaCoy, Dr Jart and even Too Faced is decent for lighter coverage. Really anything but this one.

I honestly can't even find a good use for this as I already have a good serum and moisturizer for my mornings. Complete disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by reeksp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

One day I asked my sister what she did to her face because it was glowing and looked so fresh. She said she used this Olay BB cream. So, of course I had to try it for myself. I tried hers and instantly fell in love. It gave my skin such a natural looking glow. It doesn't provide much coverage but it actually says on the package that its a tinted moisturizer so I wasn't the least bit disappointed. I cannot rave about how much I love this stuff! Even the smell is amazing. Though, I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin. It's perrrrrfect for us dry skin gals! BUT... I think there are two kinds? Or maybe the US one is different? Because mine doesn't have SPF in it. Which is fine, because I have a Neutrogena face sunscreen that I use anyways.. but I'm just curious as to why everyone else talks about SPF when mine doesn't claim to have that? Slightly confused... but oh well, LOVE this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by ShellyD11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best drug store BB cream you can buy. I thought I would never find one that would work for me. I absolutely love it. Many of the drug store brands, especially that nasty Garnier one, are SOO heavy and thick feeling it grosses me out. This feels light and and it doesn't feel sticky. Also it doesn't make me look like a grease ball at the end of the day. It gives a beautiful glow to my skin. It has minimal coverage which I like but if you're looking for coverage don't buy a BB cream! The color is still a little light for me but I just put powder over it to match my complexion, this helps with any shine too. The only draw back is that it has a really strong cheap smelling cucumber-melon fragrance!