July 28, 2014 | 2008 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Fresh Effects in Light/Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by reeksp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

One day I asked my sister what she did to her face because it was glowing and looked so fresh. She said she used this Olay BB cream. So, of course I had to try it for myself. I tried hers and instantly fell in love. It gave my skin such a natural looking glow. It doesn't provide much coverage but it actually says on the package that its a tinted moisturizer so I wasn't the least bit disappointed. I cannot rave about how much I love this stuff! Even the smell is amazing. Though, I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin. It's perrrrrfect for us dry skin gals! BUT... I think there are two kinds? Or maybe the US one is different? Because mine doesn't have SPF in it. Which is fine, because I have a Neutrogena face sunscreen that I use anyways.. but I'm just curious as to why everyone else talks about SPF when mine doesn't claim to have that? Slightly confused... but oh well, LOVE this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by ShellyD11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best drug store BB cream you can buy. I thought I would never find one that would work for me. I absolutely love it. Many of the drug store brands, especially that nasty Garnier one, are SOO heavy and thick feeling it grosses me out. This feels light and and it doesn't feel sticky. Also it doesn't make me look like a grease ball at the end of the day. It gives a beautiful glow to my skin. It has minimal coverage which I like but if you're looking for coverage don't buy a BB cream! The color is still a little light for me but I just put powder over it to match my complexion, this helps with any shine too. The only draw back is that it has a really strong cheap smelling cucumber-melon fragrance!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Vitusik

This is terrible. My skin was burning after a few hours and I was breaking out in hives. One of the active ingredients is homosalate which is made from salicylic acid. It is used in all the acne medication. Terrible. First and last experience with Olay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I was excited when I bought this (and you get a lot of product) but this was horrible. It had absolutely no coverage, the smell was gross, and it left my skin greasy looking. Also, it may have broken me out. Even the lightest shade of this (I'm NC15) was too dark / orange. I returned this after trying to make it work a few times. Save your money & try something like the garnier one instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by l3th4rgic

I honestly thought there were going to be a lot of positive reviews on this! I got a sample of this BB Cream in my Cosmo magazine in light to medium. I tried it on and holy crap! My skin looked great! It blended very well and it left a nice doughy look. My skin did get a liiiittle oily after a while, but I just patted on a bit of my Elf powder. Contrary to all the comments, it looked great and I'm definitely buying it next time I go to the pharmacy. Oh, and I fell in love with the smell!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I give this product one lippie. Why? Well because it's way more of a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream. If this product claimed to be a tinted moisturizer, I probably would have given it 3 or 4 lippies. The coverage is very, very minimal. When I use a BB cream I like more of a medium-full coverage ( ala Lioele Triple The Solution) so that I have to use very little foundation on top for a flawless look. When using the Olay Total Effects BB cream, I needed to use just as much foundation as I would have used had I been wearing any regular ol' moisturizer. So if you're looking for a good BB cream with nice coverage, I suggest looking online into the Asian BB cream market. But if you're looking for a nice tinted moisturizer, this one smell really nice and fresh, and feels good on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This junk burned a layer of skin off my FACE!!! I was confused because I had nothing on my face and got this sample in my COSMO magazine so I was like "Hey lemme try this" NO WAY NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!! My face turned red and shiny and gross I washed it off so fast and it still stung.... I could SEE the skin shedding.. UGH!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sassysnark

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product had little to no coverage and smelled so strongly of "fresh scent" that I felt like I had smeared deodorant on my face! It did make my face feel smooth but it turned greasy relatively quickly. It did help minimize my pores so I'll give it that. Otherwise a very disappointing product

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

okay so this is my first bb cream, and i was expecting it to be a little better. like other reviews i agree with the minimal coverage! i usaslly use MAC prep n prime which made my skin soft n preped for makeup, and i thought this would do the same except add benefits and its cheaper. I was wrong , it is not horrible but not great. i easily break out so im yet to know if its this or just me :/ the bottle cap twists off and its just so much more time consuming then a pump or cap like other creams ive tryed. it leaves a lil more of a oily look at the end of the day but thats probley because it has sunscreen in it which can cause that. i dont know if id buy again i wont say no because for the price you get alot and like i said it anit horrible just a nothing special bb cream i suppose.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Briannababees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Safe to say this is the worst BB cream i have tried. Not a pleasant smell and leaves you with no coverage. Leaves your skin very greasy.