Olay Fresh Effects in Light/Medium

2.5

on 7/14/2014 1:38:00 PM

I actually like this product, i know a lot of people so not.. I do agree that it makes me look shiny even under matte powder.. Which is a caution but I actually think for the summer it looks like a nice healthy glow. A lot of people hate the amount of coverage as I love it. The backache does not claim a huge amount of coverage so much wasn't expected. But over all I paid $5 at big lots and I am satisfied!

on 7/4/2014 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this on clearance at my local Walgreens for about $7.50. I am fully aware that pretty much all western bb creams are absolute trash compared to Asian ones! This is why I use this product as a regular moisturizer + light sunscreen instead of an actual bb cream with coverage. The packaging claims it is a tinted moisturizer, which it is not. It gives ZERO coverage. So, as a bb cream, yes, it's absolutely terrible. However, I do like it as a moisturizer for the daytime before I apply makeup. It smells pleasant, without any trace of that gross spf scent my other daytime lotions have. It goes on smoothly and I don't think it makes me any more oily than I get naturally throughout the day.

If you're looking for a bb cream with coverage, this is definitely not something for you. But like I said, it works great as a regular moisturizer with some spf!

Gross. Greasy. My face was shiny as a rear view mirror.

on 5/24/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Would NOT recommend for people with sensitive skin. I had a hive like reaction to it. Should be okay for people without sensitive skin. There is definitely better BB creams out there for us sensitive skin people!!!

on 5/17/2014 9:39:00 PM

So many questions. Why does this smell like cucumber melon body spray? Who is the target market? Twelve-year-olds? Why doesn't this have sunscreen in it? Why did anyone think this was a good idea?

on 5/15/2014 9:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I brought this a while back wanting a bb cream but it has very little coverage. It does only claim to have a skin perfecting tint in which i think it does it evens out a bit of the redness i often get and doesnt cover any blemishs but makes them less noticeable. The smell is a bit strong but it doesnt really bother me that much. Ive resorted to using it as a moisturizer as it does leave my skin good or on days I dont care if i dont have full coverage or no makeup days. Over all good moisturizer wouldnt call it a bb cream.

on 5/1/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is TERRIBLE. I received a sample of it in a magazine and made the mistake of trying it out this morning before work. The smell is way too strong and fake and it burned my skin! My face was burning and itching like crazy. I washed it off and my skin continued to burn and itch for four hours. Absolutely terrible. I can't imagine the damage this would do to your skin if you used it frequently.

on 4/27/2014 9:22:00 AM

I recently bought these product it's okay but not the best.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a one time use sample of this. I wasn't expecting much because most BB creams tend to be disappointing. This fits that label. This gives very sheer, light coverage. I would say this is like a lightly tinted moisturizer. It did take away some of my redness, but that was really all it did. I do have acne and did not expect perfect coverage. I did expect it to give more then it did. I did have an issue with this breaking me out. I only used it once, but I was left with some bumps. The scent is a little odd and I think needs to be improved upon.

on 3/24/2014 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I have an olive skin tone, so I got this BB cream in light to medium. I have pretty good skin overall, no breakouts, redness, or acne. The only thing I have is oily skin and a few miniscule scarred blemishes on my left cheek, which are barely visible. I had heard the hype of BB creams and decided to try it out. They were at my local Big Lots for just $5 and I had a coupon so it came to $4ónot a bad price. My mom uses the Olay night crŤme and loves it so I thought to give this a try.

I mean, since Iíve never used a tinted moisturizer or BB cream I had no idea what to expect, but I honestly did expect more coverage than this! It didnít even cover my tiny blemishes! My Covergirl pressed powder does a better job, and thatís saying something. I do like how smooth it applies though, and leaves my skin feeling very fresh, dewy, and glowing. It also blends in pretty nicely. However, it does become oily after a few hours, but I always have my NYX oil blotting sheets on hand so that isnít a big deal.

Iím just disappointed in the coverage. I definitely thought it would cover up my small spots and even out skin toneóit did nothing of the sort. Itís basically putting on regular moisturizer, except with the tiniest amount of tint ever. No coverage. Sucks because I bought 2 tubes for that great price. I could return it but I donít think I will just because I like how fresh it makes my skin feel. Also, I do like the scent.