Physicians Formula Super BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Polysilicone-11, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium, Hectorite. Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-12, Magnesium Silicate, Mica, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

I bought this by accident because it was part of a promotional package with concealer and powder. The package kind of exploded when I opened it and I ended up with product all over my hands and counter, which was kind of a bummer. But after applying a wearing this for a few days all I can say is wow. It has impressive coverage and does not cake or turn colors. I would recommend trying it and I will certainly buy again.

on 10/28/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

An ok bb cream, but not something WOW for oily skin. It has a light-medium coverage, the light shade is a very good match for me, it stays put all the day, but it makes me look a little bit more oily than other foundations(the truth is that it doesn't claim to control the oil). The spf30 is a pro also. The only way I really like it is when I apply it after Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light spf30 moisturizer(which controls the oil veeeery well) and set with a good powder. I guess it will be a very good option for summer, when I don't like a totally matte finish.

I recommend it for the ones with normal to combination skin.

on 10/23/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Was so pleased to have found this, but sadly it oxidises on my skin and makes me look orange. Coverage is good and it's nice to apply, just the orange factor puts me off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the first couple of weeks that I used this, all was basically well. The shade (light/medium, since it was summer) was right and the coverage and natural finish were perfect. As a rule I usualy love PF products. My t-zone was getting super oily, but what else is new? I work hard, it was the hot months, and hello- I am nearly always a bit oily of face. But one morning, about three weeks into my usage of this, I noticed I was looking a bit carroty. I had not tanned, no new products. This BB cream was OXIDIZING, and making me look like a kind of girl I am NOT. I figured it was an off day, maybe I was producing more oil, too much spf or primer, blah blah, anything to be an apologist for this freaking makeup. It continued to oxidize approximately two hours into wearing it, each day, for the next week. I blotted it off like crazy. Every napkin was the approximate shade of what my blush should be, not foundation. I finally applied it WITHOUT any other product to make sure it was this BB cream (I am not rich, I don't eliminate lightly) and I was still auditioning for a seedy reality show. Finally, I throw in the towel. It doesn't work with me.

on 10/12/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this as a deluxe sample, and I was really impressed. I'm not big on the tinted moisturisers or BB creams because they make me look shiny and oily, this one has very decent coverage and pretty neutral on the shininess. Lasted all day, and looks REALLY nice with some powder buffed in overtop of it! It would be nice to have a bit more colour range, the light/medium one is just a shade or two too dark, that's why I took one point off....

on 10/8/2014 2:55:00 PM

This is pretty good for a drug store brand and under $20. Its got a really nice texture, doesnt bother my sensitive skin, and leaves you looking pretty natural. I also like that Physicians Formula is a cruelty free company. I am really sick of looking at all these $45 + price tags, this one is less than $18 dollars, and worth the money.I've tested a bunch of other ones specifically department store brands costing much more and I cant say there is a remarkable difference. At the end of the day its BB cream and I do not expect it to perform like a foundation. So for me, it needs to be somewhat sheer, should have sun protection, and should make you look at bit better than no makeup at all. This one does all that. It lasts pretty well throughout the day. I took one lippie off because I am a NC 25, and I bought the light. However, this comes out with a very slightly pinkish undertone, but it does not dry that way. So if you stack it side by side with say Bobbie Brown BB Cream, it may look a wee bit pink, but it dries NEUTRAL. I am pretty yellow...and it works for me. BTW for reference, I'm fussy. I use custom blend as my foundation and if a foundation doesnt match perfectly, I wont wear it.

on 10/3/2014 2:17:00 PM

They had a travel sample of this at my local RiteAid so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll keep it short.

COLOR: I got the Light shade. A bit on the pink side, but I can make it work mainly because it's so sheer.

COVERAGE: Sheer to light. Period. Those who say this is full coverage are either deep in whishful thinking, or they have nothing to cover, or ... well, never mind. This does a good job of lightly evening out my skin. But it doesn't cover anything.

FINISH: On my oily but mature, dehydrated skin, this is satiny. I live in a very dry climate, so I don't know how this would work in humid conditions. I advise oily skinned ladies to dust a bit of powder on this, or you will shine like a sequin. Also, it's choc-o-block full of 'cones, so acne-prone girls, be careful.

So, is this a good or bad product? Depends on the buyer. I long-since found out that most reviews here are entirely subjective, which is why I come here to find out what's new, not what's good. So I suggest you try this out yourselves and make your own decision. I won't buy it because I don't believe it is appropriate for my needs. I just bought it only because it was a bit more than a dollar, but I won't get a full size.

Also, it says "Shake before use" on the tube, so make sure you do.

on 10/3/2014 3:40:00 AM

This is actually a really nice bb cream. I have used the garnier one that everyone has tried at one point (it seems like) but i really do like this better. It is creamy but not cakey, light but not sheer, blendable and buildable. I would say give it a try if you are in the market for a new bb cream or light weight coverage product. It gives me an even skin tone that is perfect for every day.

on 10/3/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I like it! I'm NW20 and the light color suits me well. It applies evenly and lasts much of the day, although certainly not all day. It wipes off a little easier than I'd like. It is moisturizing. I have used MAC, NARS, they all are too thick. This is light, easy to wear, and doesn't look excessively made up but has good coverage. The lack of staying power makes up for the lack of feeling like spackle.

on 10/3/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Product goes on smoothly a little thick upon application but once blended gives you full coverage with a natural look. I use it daily for my morning routine along with maybe line fit me concealer and Milani bronzer in peach. I finish with setting spray and last all day. I bought it 4 months ago and will continue buying.