April 17, 2014 | 1936 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Matte Finish by Kate Moss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by wq13

Saw these on sale at Meijer (Midwestern grocery store, if you didn't already know) for $2! They were so cheap, I figured I would try one. It wouldn't hurt my wallet if they didn't work out. I got the color 110 and it is gorgeous! It's a really fun, bright pink-ish, orange-ish, red. It compliments my skintone and it's a really unique color. I just wish that it wasn't so drying because my lips dry out really easily. Other than that, its great.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Vixes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I was attracted to this product because of the pretty packaging. I think it's so unique. I own this lipstick in 107, which is a dark berry red. A bit more red than it looks in the tube. I love the color a lot, and it has good pigmentation. It has a melon scent to it, and I'm a big fan of fruity scents, so I think this is a pro. The smell doesn't really linger while on the lips, so if you're sensitive to smells, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. My issue with this product, however, is not the color or the packaging.

This lipstick settles into fine lines in my lips like crazy. The funny part is that my lips are not dry at all, and I wouldn't even describe this lipstick as drying. I've never had an issue with lipsticks settling into fine lines, even lipsticks that felt much drier. I try to make this product work for me by exfoliating AND applying lip balm before application, but it doesn't do much to help the lipstick work. It looks nice upon initial application, but that's about it. I can imagine this lipstick would be pretty useless for people with super dry lips.

Maybelline Color Whisper in 85 Berry Ready is very similar to Rimmel Lasting Finish 107, except Maybelline looks glossier while Rimmel looks more matte. Maybelline might be slightly lighter, but it's the same look. If you're looking for a color dupe that might not make your lips look as dry, you might want to try that specific shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

I bought this lipstick in 101 (red tube), which I believe may have been from an earlier collection so it may be discontinued. The color is a pretty cool toned pink that was one of the lightest of the collection. It is comparable to airy fairy, but much lighter with stronger pink undertones rather than mauve. I bought it because I heard people say that it was a shade in between creme cup and snob from mac, and I was interested in trying a shade in that family. Unfortunately being so pale the lipstick doesn't quite look the same on me as I'm sure it would on others. Instead of being a pale pink it's a medium pink of my pale asian nc15/20 skin. Still, it is a very pretty medium pink. If I layer a foundation lightly underneath, I get the color I want.
I really love the consistency of this lipstick. It's matte, but not so matte that it becomes unflattering on the lips. The shade is creamy enough to make application easy and wear comfortably throughout the day. I enjoy the fruity smell as well. Some people may think it smells too artificial, but I would take a fruity smell over the plastic/chemical smell of other lipsticks any day.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by apinecone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Purchased at: Target
Price: $4
Would recommend to: Those looking to try out a variety of reds in different shades, those on a budget.

I almost exclusively wear matte lipsticks, and I also mostly wear reds. I went out in a limb and decided to buy three of the non-matte ones - but that's for another review. Overall, comparing these to my modest lipstick collection, they're really about a 2.5/3. I bought 111 and 109. Compared to my other matte lipsticks, these aren't drying, but they do have to be reapplied frequently and the color does not go on smoothly. I found it to be a bit patchy and feathery, even with lipliner and then trying it with a brush. I HIGHLY recommend wearing a lipliner with these though.

111 - A true cool-toned red. It isn't as matte as it could be. I didn't find it drying at all. Tip: Always do a lip scrub he night before and morning of wearing matte lipsticks. I think this is good NON-DRYING dupe to Ruby Woo (MAC), as RW is widely known for being extremely drying. It really helps! I wore a Rimmel lipliner underneath it, and applying this color over it was somewhat difficult. It could just be the operator, but I had a hard time with this lip color feathering. It only lasted a few hours, even with the lipliner, before I had to reapply it.

109 - A coral-red, almost a pinky coral. I like this one so much better than 111. It's a great summer color, and I don't really have anything like it yet. This one will definitely stay in my purse, especially if I can find a lipliner to match it. It is slightly drier and matter than 111, and I didn't have as much feathering trouble with it. Although, it also didn't last very long.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by laurenevans23

I have this is 103 and 107. I would describe 103 as a muted blue-toned pink colour, and 107 as a deep berry red. I bought these lipsticks on sale, so they were about $7 AUD each which is extremely cheap, even for drug store lipsticks! The pigmentation of these lipsticks is amazing, especially 107 and they are surprisingly moisturizing for matte shades. I love the smell of these lipsticks, they smell like grape!! I initially thought 107 would be too dark for my pale skin (Mac NC15) but it actually looks very flattering, especially when paired with a neutral eye look. The lasting power is quite impressive, I only need to reapply about every 4 hours. Overall, I think these lipsticks are some of the best available at the drug store at the moment and will definitely be purchasing more from this collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by AlexeRobert

Pros: Lasts for hours, beautiful colours, smells good, doesn't transfer much. Cons: no seal on the packaging so anyone can open it in the store, dries the lips a little

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color #109 is absolutely stunning! Finally, a bright (almost red) shade that really flatters my medium NW30 skin tone! When turned 45 I had to rethink the whole red lip look as I felt it further aged my features. I actually grieved for the days when I could slap on any color and go. Since then, I'm 51 now, I've searched in vain for a red that I could wear with confidence knowing it looks great. 109 is the one! The most perfect red with a bit orange (70/30) that's not too bright but just bright enough to light up the complexion. It's matte but not drying. And its opaque but not thick and gloppy in texture. It glides on like silk...expensive silk with substance! I adore this shade...and it adores me! And, as if it weren't enough to find the perfect shade the formulation is out of this world amazing! I've had absolutely no issues with dryness, uneven fading, or patchiness. I apply a very thin layer of lip balm under it and I get about 5 hours of wear before I need to re-apply. In addition, there's no unsightly traveling in the fine lines above my lip...this stuff stays put. I can't sing the praises of this lipstick enough. I'll have to get more shades 'cause I'm wearing this one out! But you can bet I'll get a backup of this gorgeous color! It's perfect for spring and summer...and so affordable, too. I never thought I'd say this but, this is my Holy Grail lipstick!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by firebird1248

I bought two of these lipsticks, since my CVS was having a BOGO half off sale. I got it in color 111 and 109. I absolutely love the colors. 111 is a true red, while 109 in a corally-red. Both look amazing on me.

Pros:
Goes on strong
Lasts while eating
Doesn't rub off
Colors are bright and vibrant
Easy to apply
Tube shaped package is nice

Cons:
Chemical smell (fixed with mint balm over the color)
Hard to blot (also fixed with balm)
Nothing sealing the packaging; anyone in the store could open it
Very drying (fixed with balm underneath)

I definitely would buy this lipstick again. Maybe next time I'll try one of the black-tubed Lasting Finishes, which aren't matte.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought just about all the colors in this line...and they're all just too dry. I realize its matte but even with the application of a little balm underneath, it dries out and begins to flake. It shouldn't do that. The red's in this line are incredible! And for the first time, I have a red that looks great with my skintone...the problem is that it doesn't stay looking good with the flaking.
I'm really bummed out about it...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ely617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in 101, which is a very pretty light pink, but I don't like the way the light color emphasizes the dryness and lines of my lips. It's also very slippery, so it never really dries or rubs into your lips, it just sits on top, so it's hard to blot it or smooth it out without just rubbing it off, although it feels nice on. It has a very strong kind of floral smell and a perfumey taste, which is extremely off-putting and does not fade away. I might still try a darker color though, because of the price, and I think the packaging is adorable, but I don't recommend shade 101 unless your lips are perfectly smooth. Balm or lip gloss on top or under only makes it worse really, but I have found that it's useful for lightening darker lipsticks! The number one bad thing is the taste, for sure. It's extremely strong and disgusting.