September 30, 2014 | 1039 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by vannabugbeauty

This lip balm is ok. Not amazing, not terrible, just ok. I feel like it just sits on my lips and doesn't do anything. When it wears off, my lips don't feel any softer. I gave this 3 stars because of the scent. I have this in raspberry rose kiss and the scent is wonderful. Other than that, I don't really care for this balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by VeniM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smell great,feel great but after only 3 days of using them both my sister and I broke out around our lips

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by alee094

I have been on the hunt for the Nivea Lip Butters since I saw them start popping up in a lot of beauty bloggers videos. And I finally found them! Only to discover that although the packaging and wording was exactly the same, my lip butter said "Labello Lip Butter" and not "Nivea Lip Butter". I have since found out that Labello is the lip care department/section of the Nivea company and that essentially they are the same thing. I bought this in South Africa so I assume that it is called Labello in Africa and in some parts of Europe whilst being called Nivea in America and parts of Asia?

The actually product though, is definitely heaven sent. I have been looking for a decent lip balm for basically half of my life. I have constantly dry and chapped lips and it's a pain to deal with. I've tried so many things before but this is definitely the only lip balm/treatment that has worked for me so far. It's really amazing.
I payed R19.95 for this baby, (roughly about $1.99) which makes these SUPER affordable.

I have no issue with the packaging being in a small pot. I actually like it. I am an obsessive hand-washer so hygiene is generally not a worry for me. But aside from that, the application of this is great because you only need to apply a small amount in order to moisturise your lips. I've read reviews of people complaining about the milky colour that appears after a while and honestly I think that if you're building it up to a milky colour on your lips then you're definitely overdoing it. With this product, a little goes a long way. The lip butter also stays on your lips for a very long time (8 hours if you leave it on overnight) so reapplication shouldn't be an issue and there shouldn't be a worry about constantly sticking your fingers in the pot anyway.

It's honestly the best lip balm that I have ever come across. I will continue to repurchase this, probably forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by amirawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favourite lip balm of all time. I have really dry chapped lips for the last ten years. This is the first product that really hydrates them and has 'fixed them'. My lips are no longer dry...I can go a day without lip balm and they will be OK still.

Changed my life. It's cheap, all flavours a subtle. Packaging is sturdy. Have repurchased it loads already.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There is nothing special about this balm that I can see. I bought the caramel flavor and it does smell delicious but that is the only good quality I've found. It's not very moisturizing, has a rather waxy texture that sits on top of lips and doesn't sink in. The main ingredient is petroleum and while it does contain several good things like shea butter and sweet almond oil, I think those are in pretty small quantities in the balm. It leaves a white cast on lips and I'm also not a fan of the little tub. I've been using it under my matte lipsticks and it's ok for that purpose but I most definitely won't be buying another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by msaer8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love NIVEA products especially their lip products, they have always worked for me! I use the raspberry rose butter right now and it smells DELICIOUS, I think it is a perfect combination of two of my favorite smells. It moisturizes as all the NIVEA products do so well. The only 2 concerns might be the white cast it leaves on your lips (doesn't bother me because it fits fine with my skin/makeup) and the packaging is sometimes hard to open and it is obviously less sanitary compared to a lip balm because you are constantly dipping your fingers in it. I still love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use raspberry rose it is the shiz. I keep it by my bed and even though I own a bunch of lip balms already, I know I'll be running to repurchase this one when it runs out. The soft pink color is fun, although I never wear it out. I'm really into this for the flavor, raspberry rose is a very unique fruity floral. No lip balm has ever came close to it's unique smell. I like that it's rich and creamy, makes a great lip treat before bed, helps me have sweet dreams. I wake up with my lips moisturized and ready to go!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by xoxlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm giving up on Nivea products. This lip butter was a total disaster (I have the Raspberry one). It smells great and it's cute and all, but its super sticky, not hydrating and leaves a white cast on the lips. I don't know how the other ones wear, maybe they're different from the one that I have but I'm extremely disappointed with this product. .

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good product. I've owned them all and they all smell gorgeous. More importantly, they are all moisturizing beyond belief.

Drawback: because these are so rich, they will leave a white film when applied heavily. Thus I find them best for nighttime as a lip treatment. However, they can also be used very (and I mean VERY) lightly before applying a matte lipstick to prevent the lipstick from drying out your lips. My ritual is now a very light application of Nivea Lip Butter, then lip liner, then matte lipstick, with the result being comfortable to wear, fade resistant, and very long-wearing.

Recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lildzik

I love using this for a night time routine, but to wear the raspberry kind out in public would be a disaster. It's extremely light and filmy, but it does make your lips softer than any other lip product once it has seeped in. It's better than Vaseline, but appearance wise...no thanks