April 20, 2014 | 1637 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm devoted to the Nivea brand, and I love this product! The tin is cute and reusable, although if you are used to using a balm with an applicator, dipping with your finger can take some getting used to. The balm smells and tastes great--I have raspberry rose--and is very soothing and moisturizing. Also thankfully no mediciny ingredients like menthol or camphor. You could definitely use this for all those things you use petroleum jelly or rosebud salve for. Altogether just an elegant little product, def worth the money and I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Danix978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip conditioners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I buy this in Vanilla & Macadamia, I have not tried any of the other ones. I'm on my 4th tin of this and I love it. I use it every morning and night and my lips have not been chapped at all during this EXTREMELY dry and cold Canadian winter. I find I don't need to use it more than twice a day and can wear regular lipstick during the day with none of the chapping I would usually get during the winter months. I think the tin is cute but it's kinda gross dipping my finger in there all the time. Not a fan of that but it's not going to stop me from buying more. New fav lip product from Nivea, and they already have an amazing line up of products. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect little lip butter that you can stick in your bag or pocket or absoluetly anywhere you need to because its failsafe.

I have the Macadamia one. It's so nice, non greasy, non whitening (some make a gunk on your lip) and its super inexpensive. I actually was using Maybelline new Dr Rescue balms and I find this to be a way more effective moisturizer. Especially after an exfoliation and before bed. It's an ideal base for lipsticks and I even applied it on a couple dry patches on my forehead. (weird I know but it worked) Only downfall is you gotta stick your fingers in it. Although if keep a couple q tips on hand you can use those too so not a big deal.

:) Excellent little product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved these little tins. So far I have tried them academia and the berries one. I prefer the berries one because it smells delicious. It is fairly moisturizing and the little tins are very cute. I would love to try the blue tin next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The "original" one is awesome, though I use it mostly as a cuticle balm. The tin packaging, while cute, isn't the most hygienic or the easiest to use, but I would repurchase this if I ran out. However, here's a note for anyone who's very scent-sensitive like me: the Vanilla Macadamia one has a strong fragrance which I found so cloying that I threw the whole thing out... couldn't even use it on my cuticles.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but I don't really feel these. I feel that they are a protective balm, I never really feel them sink in or moisturize. They would be good if you were going out in the wind or cold, but they leave kind of a white cast on me. I bought all four favors when I saw them, because I am a sucker, and the vanilla/macadamia and caramel smell amazing, but I feel like they have a vague sunscreen/chemical taste, which is weird because these have no SPF. I wasn't a huge fan of the raspberry rose, but I will blame myself for that one because that combination did not really sound appealing to me even before I tried it. The plain is my favorite, but I know I can find better plain balms. These were a disappointment to me given the hype.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great stuff! I have lots of lipbalms/ chapsticks. My main favorite as far as results go is the standard CARMEX but its smells and tastes super gross. I love Nivea lotions so I was interested in these. I got the Macadamia Vanilla one. It smells like cookie dough, i wanted to eat it. The texture is very smooth and creamy, quite luxurious as well. Not waxy or sticky. The amount you get very appropriate for the price and i love the little tin container it comes in. They also have a variety of flavors. I started putting this one before bed every night and my lips are soooo soft without the funky smell and taste of Carmex! This may have replaced my Carmex actually. Very pleased with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nurisonnenblume

I Love it! Every night I put this on and my lips are better than ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I initially got the Raspberry Rose version of this lip treatment and tried it out for a day before giving it to my grandmother because her lips were dry. I remember I really liked the Raspberry Rose because the texture was so buttery and soft. I think I would have loved it. So then the day after I went in search of it again to try and get another one. Rite aid had this buy one get one free pack of Lip butters in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss so I thought I had to try it. But I don't like it as much as the Raspberry Rose. The Vanilla & Mac one did not have the same buttery soft texture as the Raspberry Rose and it didn't smell as good either. The texture of the Vanilla & Mac is very hard when you press your hands in. Also I don't like how it leaves a white cast on my lips. Anyways, it will do for the winter I guess. It's not my favorite but it will do. It does moisturize and keep my lips protected which is most important but I would not re-purchase the Vanilla & Mac lip butter. It's not as good as the raspberry, which I gave away to grandma.