August 28, 2014 | 1715 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

My absolute favorite BB cream so far! I've used Skin 79, Missha Perfect Color, Holika Holika's moisture petite, and while each was nice for different reasons, Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly beats them all by a landslide! First of all, the lighter shade of the two was an excellent match for my very fair skin. It also provided excellent medium-heavy coverage and a beautiful satin finish that doesn't get greasy throughout the day or feel heavy at all. It doesn't cake up around my drier, flakier areas, and it doesn't dehydrate my dry skin out any further. I wouldn't say it's particularly moisturizing, but I don't mind wearing a moisturizer underneath. And personally I've found most BB creams that are meant to be more moisturizing get greasy through the day or clog my pores, so while I don't have to use a separate moisturizer with them, I do have to powder throughout the day, which I don't have to do with my Aqua Jelly. The scent is light and dissipates quickly so it shouldn't be bothersome even to those sensitive to fragrance. The packaging is my least favorite part of this BB cream, I'd prefer a tube or a pump, but the product inside more than makes up for it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use the shade 02 Aqua Natural and it matches my face very well and is just a tiny bit lighter than my neck which is more yellow. Colouring-wise, Shade 2 is suitable for NC20-25 skintones whilst Shade 1 is suitable for NC10-15. If this is a tad bit too light for your skin, use a damp sponge to apply the BB cream. The coverage will be sheerer but it won't be as heavy, cakey or extremely light on your skin.

This is a great Asian BB cream that provides light-medium coverage. I really like the fruity smell, its gel texture which feels cooling on skin when first applied and the very cute bottle it comes in. The amount provided is also rather generous - 40mL of product and price-wise, this does very well, around $11-14 on eBay. The sponge provided is also very good for applying the product but as with all cosmetic sponges, I find it disintegrates fairly quickly especially if you wash it after every use like me. I enjoy use my fingers to apply - it gives a nice even coverage. Using a brush makes it more cakey unless you ensure that you apply it sparingly. . The BB cream fortunately feels very light on my skin, kinda like it's not even there. Very comfortable.

The BB cream has a demi-matte finish and if you've got good skin, this will make your skin look perfect. I also really like this because it lasts for 5+ hours without getting too oily when set with translucent powder - great for oily-skinned and combination oily skin. A great feature about this BB cream is that it also blurs enlarged pores on my cheeks; pores appear smaller and are less obvious. It also covers minor redness. However, it won't provide enough coverage to conceal pimples, raised bumps and other skin imperfections - you'll need a concealer over the top to cover all those bad boys. The only reason why I've given this 4 stars instead of 5 is because a second layer = cake city. Although it matches my face fairly well, sometimes in flash photography it will give off a "white cast". Other than this, this is a great everyday BB cream.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite BB Creams from Holika Holika I purchased this in the #1 Natural Beige. I'm an NW15 tops so this works well for me and doesn't leave the tell tale dark face light neck look. I got this off of one of my trusted US sellers on Ebay for 11$ with free shipping not bad imo. It comes with a nice sponge to use as well. It is very cute the BB it does look like a jelly jar. I adore Korean packaging and this one is adorable with a great product. The jelly formula is very light on the skin. It is a fast drying one so I do my face in sections starting with my forehead. I apply with my hands but with these balms they always recommend patting. I think that's what the sponge is for. At least it's what I use it for to pat the BB in to set it.

I like doing it this way because I really don't like applying bases with my hands but they work best with this one because of drying time. With the sponge if you pat with that, it really makes it look perfect like your skin only better. The coverage is light to medium. I usually only need one application but to more troublesome area's I can add a 2nd layer no prob. I don't need a lot of concealer either because for my skin it gives me a good amount of coverage. I have some spots but mostly redness and healing from past damage. So this BB covers well. It lasts a long time even through the hot Summer but I think for my oily/combo skin it will be better in the Fall/Winter because it goes well over primer and moisturizer.

It's a demi matte finish and it has the usual good ingredients that I love about Asian BB's. For the price you get a good amount of product and it has a spatula in it so the product stays clean. I use about 4 dabs so this will last quite awhile and it can be bought in the US so that's a plus too. It smells very nice clean and fruity but nothing that lingers. I have no problems removing it and it does keep my skin good no breakouts from this one at all. This is in my top BB's with BRTC Jasmine, Skin79 Pink&Gold, and the Missha's plus Skinfood. So I love my BB creams as you can tell. This is my second one from this brand and is my favorite of the 2 the other being the small green tube it escapes my mind atm.

This is good for all skin types except maybe super dry because these creams can accentuate skin flakes especially for me using peels and Retin A so keep that in mind. A good moisturizer is a must unless your super oily then you can go with a lighter cream. Either way I always prime and moisturize for me it's a must. I really enjoy using this jelly and I will repurchase when needed. Definitely Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i know about this bb cream over YouTube,i have always a fan for Korean make up cause the natural finishing and smooth formula,but still this is a new name to me and very very cheap!have to say this is the best bb cream for me on daily wear.it like jelly,only a small amount already can give reasonable coverage,medium well coverage.but i dont suggest to build up coverage with this product,it meant to have a natural matt finish,after 2 layer it already looks like wear a mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by oliviabiba

Let me start by saying: this is a GREAT BB cream and I have no idea why so few people know about it.

As the name says, it is a BB jelly, which basically means the CONSISTENCY is that of a jelly/pudding. Since this is a very lightweight formula, this consistency is nice because it prevents the products from running down like other light foundations that tend to be very watery. Because of this consistecy, you need very little product to work with when APPLYING: it glides smoothly on the skin, but it also dries somewhat fast. That doesn't mean you'll have to worry like crazy to distribute it evenly, only that you do have to do it right away before it dries to a dewey yet matte FINISH. Yes, that's right: dewey yet matte. The thing is, this BB seems to be completely absorbed into the skin, so it doesn't look like you have anything on. Nevertheless, it leaves a satin finish, a very youthful skin look. It's awesome, really. For those looking for a lot of COVERAGE, I would advise against it. You can build up a little bit, but I'd say the maximum you'd get is a medium coverage.

The main problem with this is the COLOR range. There are only two shades available and what apparently is the darker one (number 2) is still rather light. I'm something like NC30 on MAC, and the #2 shade is still light for me. I have to apply on my neck and use a little bronzer to get away with it. Unfortunately, during the hottest days in the summer, when it wold be perfect to use such a light and cooling product, I can't use because by then I'm already too tanned for it (and I use sunscreen every single day of the year!).

Apart from that (which isn't really the product's fault, the product is aimed towards the asian market), this is a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

I'm currently obsessed with beauty products from Japan and Korea, just discovering them at Asian malls in my area. I wandered into Holika Holika and was instantly hooked on their cute packaging, low(ish) prices and the fact that most of their products actually work. I picked up this BB cream and I LOVE IT. I'm fair skinned with some red and yellow undertones and this BB smooths out my skin beautifully. It makes my skin look even, dewy (but not shiny), plump, and fresh. I can wear it in summer without feeling like I have a ton of makeup on and it lasts for hours. The blendability is not the greatest--like the other Asian BBs I've tried, you have to blend this extensively and quickly otherwise it dries and settles. It's really not a product for someone just starting out with makeup or BBs because of that. But the extra effort is worth it. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by lisaxjo

This is a highly underrated but great bb cream. Its texture does feel like pudding, but is easily blended with just fingers. Will be great with fair to light people with normal to oily skin. or dry skin, don't buy it, its going to show all your dry patches. Has a matte finish, and feels like you are wearing no makeup. Lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by NinaKoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in love with this Bb Jelly! one of my best bb creams ever tried among all. provides great light to medium coverage for a bb. Pros: Very lightweight Minimizes pores Long wearing(doesnt melt off even when sweating) Pleasant scent Easy to apply Not cakey at all Semi matte finish Doesnt oxidise no white/grey cast(am in shade 02 for nc25) Cons: Preferably in a Squeeze Tube packaging Able to have more variety of shades Emphasizes dry patches for very dry skin overall im loving this jelly bb. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Rowey

Ok so this bb cream caught my attention while watching one of Michelle Phans makeup tutorials. I had been on the hunt for a bb for a while now and was having trouble deciding which direction to go. Do I choose Western or Asian bb creams....

After looking up the aqua petit jelly cream, and many other product reviews, holika holika won me over.

My skin tone is fair with pink undertones. I have oily skin with slightly enlarged pores, no acne or scars. I do have dark under eye circles but apart from that my skin tone is pretty even. I purcahsed this product in shade 2 and it is a pretty spot on match. My skin tone is around a MAC NC20.

This product comes in a super cute glass jelly tub which has a spatula to help you apply the product. It has a fruity smell to it, however this tends to wear off once you have applied it. The texture is exactly what the product states, jelly. It feels strange at first but it does warm up an melt into your skin once you start to work it. I find with this product you need to work relatively fast when applying as it tends to set quite fast. I applied this first time with my fingers and found it hard to blend and was not happy with the finish. I switched to a flat top stippling brush and this works amazing!!! It blends the product out really well and gives me a natural, even finish. The finish is matte and the coverage I would say is light to medium. I still need to use a concealer for my panda eyes. I find this bb stays on really well, it doesn’t oxidise or go blotchy. However when the weather heats up or I increase my physical activity I tend to get a bit of a shine going on but it easily fixed with my life saving blotting tissues :)

The pro's I found when using this bb was a nice matte finish without the cakey look. It does not irritate my skin or break me out. Overall it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth with a healthy, even complexion. Really like this product and would recommend to those of you who have oily skin and are looking for a product that feels weightless on the skin, give this a try...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by luvlystar4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off I have dry skin and most foundations will accentuate the dry flaky patches that I have. So I was on the hunt for a foundation that would be moisturizing throughout the day but still does a decent job with coverage. And ta-da I found this bb cream when watching one of Michelle Phan's favorite products video.

Yes, I have heard of BB cream before and have tried a few in the past, but I hate how there are never color options, just one lousy pale color. Some even give me a weird grayish cast.

When comparing tinted moisturizers to bb cream they are not as beneficial since they do not contain skincare ingredients like bb cream does.

Pro:
-There are two color options (yes they are both still light colors, but at least there is an option for those who are not as pale).
-Cute packaging (I like how the jar is in a shape of a jelly)
-The texture is fun (gel/ jelly-like that turns liquidity when blend).
-The smell is nice (it might not be everyone's cup of tea since it's quite strong, but I don't mind it at all).
-Decent light coverage that might be buildable to a medium coverage.
-Moisturizing (so there are no flaky patches for me, but I heard that on some people it have an opposite affect. It would actually accentuate the dry patches, but I never had this problem).
-Have SPF 20 (good and bad since it would probably leave a white cast when taking pictures with flashes. But I think the pro outweighs the con on this one since it protects you from damaging UV rays).

Con:
-The built-in spatula is kinda weird to use (but this may be a pro for some since it more hygienic not to stick your fingers in the jar. However I think it's probably going to be useless later to scoop the bb cream out from the bottom since it doesn't reach that far).
-Color options are still only limited to pale and paler. (LOL I'm one of the luck ones that are categorized as the pale skin tone. However, I do get darker in the summer, by then I can't use this bb cream till winter time.)
-Will look cakey if you're not careful applying it and accidentally packing on too much (I like using a beauty blender sponge to apply this so that I don't have excessive amount on).
-Packaging is not ideal for traveling since the jar is made out of glass-like materials that would probably break if packed wrong. It's bulky so it takes quite a bit of space as well.

The bb cream comes with a sponge as well, but I never use it to apply the product, just my fingers or my beauty blender does the trick.

It has a nice matte finish, but it can get oily looking later on in the day especially if you are out in the heat.

Overall I would re-purchase this.