December 21, 2014 | 842 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by kirito

After finding that Asian BB creams truly do work better for me than American ones, I wanted to try out the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream, since I heard many good things about it. The packaging is adorable, but can be a bit unsanitary since you have to scoop the product out with the spatula. It's also inconvenient for traveling because the glass is bulky, but for me, I keep this at home, so my hands are clean before I use this, and I don't have to carry it around.

As for the BB cream itself, it has great coverage that is very buildable. At one point, I never wore concealer, so like many other BB creams, this one can double up as a concealer if you build it up enough. Unfortunately, there are only two shades. I have the darker shade, which matches me perfectly, but if you have darker skin or even extremely fair skin, I don't think this is the product for you. However, it doesn't look gray on me, which was a problem I had with the Skin79 BB cream. It has a light floral scent, which is nice, but if you're sensitive to scents, then it may be a problem. I like that this is water based, because it doesn't make my oily skin even greasier.

I think I may like this BB cream even more than my Skin79 one!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this badly for a long time! I used to have the skinfood red orange jelly bb cream but I didnt really like it bcos the staying power was not good and the coverage is a thumbs down. I have seen many Holika Holika Aqua petit Jelly BB cream reviews here and a lot of people raved about it. So one day, I decided to purchase it. It was not expensive. Considering it is quite a big jar, it also comes with a free sponge and that tells me that it works best with sponge. I tried it on, I love the coverage. It covers up my scars and it gives me a very natural look. I am not expecting this to give me a full coverage like foundation but it at least have to cover my scars and give me a very natural face.This is good for a everyday usage. The lasting power.. I would say around 6-8 hours without setting powder. So it is quite lasting. It doesn't really control my oil but I don't see myself becoming an oil slick by the end of the day. The scent is very refreshing too. The reason why I took a lippie off is because it is kinda hard to remove it therefore I have to be really detailed when it comes to cleansing. Overall, I love this and will definitely repurchase it after it runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: I have yellow undertones that is acne-prone and combination oily.. I use REVLON Colorstay in Buff (suited for winter, but it's too pink for me), Sand Beige (suited for summer), Revlon Whipped Creme Foundation in Buff (again too pink for me), and Missha M Perfect BB Cream #21 (suited for spring, summer, early fall; can be grey, but oxidizes to my shade). I don't know my MAC shade, but I'm guessing I'm NC20

*I'll be comparing this to the Missha M Perfect BB cream. I'm sorry this review will be long, but hopefully it will be helpful.

I got the shade #1 Aqua Beige. I've read other reviews stating that this is supposed to be the "yellow shade," but this was slightly pink on me. One thing that I did like about this foundation was that even though it had SPF 20, it did not leave a gray cast like the Missha BB cream.

The texture I found light, sort of like a whipped creme type of foundation, hence the name "jelly". It has light-(heavier) medium coverage. It covered the redness on my checks and some of my acne scars. If you want heavier coverage or want to cover a pimple with a whitehead, you'll need to use concealer.

I'm not sure how to describe the scent: maybe an aquatic citrus scent. If you hate the powdery rose scent of the Missha BB cream, then you'll find the smell of this BB cream more pleasing.

I did not like the staying power of this foundation. For my foundation routine this is what I do: 1.) Prime using UD De-slick and Revlon Photoready primer. 2.) Apply Holika Holika BB Cream and concealer. 3.) Finish with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (I don't like this one, I think Maybelline Dream Mate was better). One day I put it on around 1pm and did some errands. By 5-6 pm, I could see that BB cream was starting to slide off in my jawline. All I did was walk around the mall and this happened in November in Southern California weather! If you have oily skin, this might not be the best for you. The Missha BB cream which many people say doesn't have great oil control worked better for me in staying power. I can go eight hours with dewy cheeks, but at least my makeup isn't sliding off.

Also, this BB cream does emphasize dry patches like it did for me on my nose and cheek area. Make sure your skin is properly moisturized before application

I would probably say that this has a semi-matte to satin finish.

I can't comment on the packaging since I bought 10 sample sizes on ebay. From the pictures I've seen it's a glass jar with a spatula inside. I've used glass jar packaging before and I don't like it since it's not hygienic and it's hard to scoop towards the end, so maybe the included spatula will be beneficial.

I just checked today on ebay and the lowest price is $11.77, so it's not too expensive considering you're receiving 40 mL of product compared to most foundations being 30 mL.

Overall, I loved the coverage and non-gray cast, but unfortunately the staying power was a deal breaker for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by snowwwwww

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The product itself suits oily skin the best due to it being water based. But i had a problem. It was too light for my skin tone. Mine is in the darker shade (Aqua Neutral) and it gave me a white cast on my face. I tried using a bronzer but my Catrice Hydrating Bronzing Powder was too dry and difficult to apply. I almost wanted to sell the product since it really looks unnatural on me, but i decided to try using the sponge provided one day (i have been using fingers to apply). I must say that the sponge really did help, especially when it is wet. This is probably due to the fact that since the bb is water based, it dries up quickly. Hence when using dry fingers it doesn't works. I highly recommend that those who has darker skin tones use a wet sponge to apply it. It may absorb some of your product but it is definitely better than using fingers. I have been starting to use the product more often ever since. I must say that this is a good product for oily skin individuals and you will never want to give it a miss. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

First of all this is the only Korean BB cream that doesn't turn gray on my skin. I have yellow undertones so I bought the no1 shade. I can't say it's moisturizing and I think that it's better to have a rich face cream on your face before you apply this bb cream (if you have dry skin in the winter like me). At first it looks very lightweight and watery, but after a while you can feel it getting "heavy" on your face. It brightens my dull complexion, covers most of my skin imperfections and stays matte for at least 6 hours. For me it's one of the best BB creams for oily-combination skin types!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by inehima

This is a fabulous water based BB cream! It goes on smoothly and looks so natural! The only cons are that it does cling to dry patches and only comes in two shades; both of which were too light for my NC20/25 skin. It has a nice floral scent that goes away in a few minutes. I really hope that Holika Holika will eventually make this BB cream in more shades. If they do, this BB cream would have a permanent place on my vanity. The finish is semi-matte and no setting powder is needed. I cannot comment on the lasting power since I have not spent the day out with it. However, since it is water based, I am assuming a few touch ups will be needed during the day depending on if it fades patchy. The packaging is quite bulky but very cute and comes with a spatula built into the lid of the jar.

In any case, this BB cream is a new favorite of my sister's who is matched to Bobbi Brown's BB cream in light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

My absolute favorite BB cream so far! I've used Skin 79, Missha Perfect Color, Holika Holika's moisture petite, and while each was nice for different reasons, Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly beats them all by a landslide! First of all, the lighter shade of the two was an excellent match for my very fair skin. It also provided excellent medium-heavy coverage and a beautiful satin finish that doesn't get greasy throughout the day or feel heavy at all. It doesn't cake up around my drier, flakier areas, and it doesn't dehydrate my dry skin out any further. I wouldn't say it's particularly moisturizing, but I don't mind wearing a moisturizer underneath. And personally I've found most BB creams that are meant to be more moisturizing get greasy through the day or clog my pores, so while I don't have to use a separate moisturizer with them, I do have to powder throughout the day, which I don't have to do with my Aqua Jelly. The scent is light and dissipates quickly so it shouldn't be bothersome even to those sensitive to fragrance. The packaging is my least favorite part of this BB cream, I'd prefer a tube or a pump, but the product inside more than makes up for it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use the shade 02 Aqua Natural and it matches my face very well and is just a tiny bit lighter than my neck which is more yellow. Colouring-wise, Shade 2 is suitable for NC20-25 skintones whilst Shade 1 is suitable for NC10-15. If this is a tad bit too light for your skin, use a damp sponge to apply the BB cream. The coverage will be sheerer but it won't be as heavy, cakey or extremely light on your skin.

This is a great Asian BB cream that provides light-medium coverage. I really like the fruity smell, its gel texture which feels cooling on skin when first applied and the very cute bottle it comes in. The amount provided is also rather generous - 40mL of product and price-wise, this does very well, around $11-14 on eBay. The sponge provided is also very good for applying the product but as with all cosmetic sponges, I find it disintegrates fairly quickly especially if you wash it after every use like me. I enjoy use my fingers to apply - it gives a nice even coverage. Using a brush makes it more cakey unless you ensure that you apply it sparingly. . The BB cream fortunately feels very light on my skin, kinda like it's not even there. Very comfortable.

The BB cream has a demi-matte finish and if you've got good skin, this will make your skin look perfect. I also really like this because it lasts for 5+ hours without getting too oily when set with translucent powder - great for oily-skinned and combination oily skin. A great feature about this BB cream is that it also blurs enlarged pores on my cheeks; pores appear smaller and are less obvious. It also covers minor redness. However, it won't provide enough coverage to conceal pimples, raised bumps and other skin imperfections - you'll need a concealer over the top to cover all those bad boys. The only reason why I've given this 4 stars instead of 5 is because a second layer = cake city. Although it matches my face fairly well, sometimes in flash photography it will give off a "white cast". Other than this, this is a great everyday BB cream.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite BB Creams from Holika Holika I purchased this in the #1 Natural Beige. I'm an NW15 tops so this works well for me and doesn't leave the tell tale dark face light neck look. I got this off of one of my trusted US sellers on Ebay for 11$ with free shipping not bad imo. It comes with a nice sponge to use as well. It is very cute the BB it does look like a jelly jar. I adore Korean packaging and this one is adorable with a great product. The jelly formula is very light on the skin. It is a fast drying one so I do my face in sections starting with my forehead. I apply with my hands but with these balms they always recommend patting. I think that's what the sponge is for. At least it's what I use it for to pat the BB in to set it.

I like doing it this way because I really don't like applying bases with my hands but they work best with this one because of drying time. With the sponge if you pat with that, it really makes it look perfect like your skin only better. The coverage is light to medium. I usually only need one application but to more troublesome area's I can add a 2nd layer no prob. I don't need a lot of concealer either because for my skin it gives me a good amount of coverage. I have some spots but mostly redness and healing from past damage. So this BB covers well. It lasts a long time even through the hot Summer but I think for my oily/combo skin it will be better in the Fall/Winter because it goes well over primer and moisturizer.

It's a demi matte finish and it has the usual good ingredients that I love about Asian BB's. For the price you get a good amount of product and it has a spatula in it so the product stays clean. I use about 4 dabs so this will last quite awhile and it can be bought in the US so that's a plus too. It smells very nice clean and fruity but nothing that lingers. I have no problems removing it and it does keep my skin good no breakouts from this one at all. This is in my top BB's with BRTC Jasmine, Skin79 Pink&Gold, and the Missha's plus Skinfood. So I love my BB creams as you can tell. This is my second one from this brand and is my favorite of the 2 the other being the small green tube it escapes my mind atm.

This is good for all skin types except maybe super dry because these creams can accentuate skin flakes especially for me using peels and Retin A so keep that in mind. A good moisturizer is a must unless your super oily then you can go with a lighter cream. Either way I always prime and moisturize for me it's a must. I really enjoy using this jelly and I will repurchase when needed. Definitely Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i know about this bb cream over YouTube,i have always a fan for Korean make up cause the natural finishing and smooth formula,but still this is a new name to me and very very cheap!have to say this is the best bb cream for me on daily wear.it like jelly,only a small amount already can give reasonable coverage,medium well coverage.but i dont suggest to build up coverage with this product,it meant to have a natural matt finish,after 2 layer it already looks like wear a mask.