October 31, 2014 | 779 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by snowwwwww

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The product itself suits oily skin the best due to it being water based. But i had a problem. It was too light for my skin tone. Mine is in the darker shade (Aqua Neutral) and it gave me a white cast on my face. I tried using a bronzer but my Catrice Hydrating Bronzing Powder was too dry and difficult to apply. I almost wanted to sell the product since it really looks unnatural on me, but i decided to try using the sponge provided one day (i have been using fingers to apply). I must say that the sponge really did help, especially when it is wet. This is probably due to the fact that since the bb is water based, it dries up quickly. Hence when using dry fingers it doesn't works. I highly recommend that those who has darker skin tones use a wet sponge to apply it. It may absorb some of your product but it is definitely better than using fingers. I have been starting to use the product more often ever since. I must say that this is a good product for oily skin individuals and you will never want to give it a miss. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

First of all this is the only Korean BB cream that doesn't turn gray on my skin. I have yellow undertones so I bought the no1 shade. I can't say it's moisturizing and I think that it's better to have a rich face cream on your face before you apply this bb cream (if you have dry skin in the winter like me). At first it looks very lightweight and watery, but after a while you can feel it getting "heavy" on your face. It brightens my dull complexion, covers most of my skin imperfections and stays matte for at least 6 hours. For me it's one of the best BB creams for oily-combination skin types!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by inehima

This is a fabulous water based BB cream! It goes on smoothly and looks so natural! The only cons are that it does cling to dry patches and only comes in two shades; both of which were too light for my NC20/25 skin. It has a nice floral scent that goes away in a few minutes. I really hope that Holika Holika will eventually make this BB cream in more shades. If they do, this BB cream would have a permanent place on my vanity. The finish is semi-matte and no setting powder is needed. I cannot comment on the lasting power since I have not spent the day out with it. However, since it is water based, I am assuming a few touch ups will be needed during the day depending on if it fades patchy. The packaging is quite bulky but very cute and comes with a spatula built into the lid of the jar.

In any case, this BB cream is a new favorite of my sister's who is matched to Bobbi Brown's BB cream in light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

My absolute favorite BB cream so far! I've used Skin 79, Missha Perfect Color, Holika Holika's moisture petite, and while each was nice for different reasons, Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly beats them all by a landslide! First of all, the lighter shade of the two was an excellent match for my very fair skin. It also provided excellent medium-heavy coverage and a beautiful satin finish that doesn't get greasy throughout the day or feel heavy at all. It doesn't cake up around my drier, flakier areas, and it doesn't dehydrate my dry skin out any further. I wouldn't say it's particularly moisturizing, but I don't mind wearing a moisturizer underneath. And personally I've found most BB creams that are meant to be more moisturizing get greasy through the day or clog my pores, so while I don't have to use a separate moisturizer with them, I do have to powder throughout the day, which I don't have to do with my Aqua Jelly. The scent is light and dissipates quickly so it shouldn't be bothersome even to those sensitive to fragrance. The packaging is my least favorite part of this BB cream, I'd prefer a tube or a pump, but the product inside more than makes up for it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use the shade 02 Aqua Natural and it matches my face very well and is just a tiny bit lighter than my neck which is more yellow. Colouring-wise, Shade 2 is suitable for NC20-25 skintones whilst Shade 1 is suitable for NC10-15. If this is a tad bit too light for your skin, use a damp sponge to apply the BB cream. The coverage will be sheerer but it won't be as heavy, cakey or extremely light on your skin.

This is a great Asian BB cream that provides light-medium coverage. I really like the fruity smell, its gel texture which feels cooling on skin when first applied and the very cute bottle it comes in. The amount provided is also rather generous - 40mL of product and price-wise, this does very well, around $11-14 on eBay. The sponge provided is also very good for applying the product but as with all cosmetic sponges, I find it disintegrates fairly quickly especially if you wash it after every use like me. I enjoy use my fingers to apply - it gives a nice even coverage. Using a brush makes it more cakey unless you ensure that you apply it sparingly. . The BB cream fortunately feels very light on my skin, kinda like it's not even there. Very comfortable.

The BB cream has a demi-matte finish and if you've got good skin, this will make your skin look perfect. I also really like this because it lasts for 5+ hours without getting too oily when set with translucent powder - great for oily-skinned and combination oily skin. A great feature about this BB cream is that it also blurs enlarged pores on my cheeks; pores appear smaller and are less obvious. It also covers minor redness. However, it won't provide enough coverage to conceal pimples, raised bumps and other skin imperfections - you'll need a concealer over the top to cover all those bad boys. The only reason why I've given this 4 stars instead of 5 is because a second layer = cake city. Although it matches my face fairly well, sometimes in flash photography it will give off a "white cast". Other than this, this is a great everyday BB cream.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite BB Creams from Holika Holika I purchased this in the #1 Natural Beige. I'm an NW15 tops so this works well for me and doesn't leave the tell tale dark face light neck look. I got this off of one of my trusted US sellers on Ebay for 11$ with free shipping not bad imo. It comes with a nice sponge to use as well. It is very cute the BB it does look like a jelly jar. I adore Korean packaging and this one is adorable with a great product. The jelly formula is very light on the skin. It is a fast drying one so I do my face in sections starting with my forehead. I apply with my hands but with these balms they always recommend patting. I think that's what the sponge is for. At least it's what I use it for to pat the BB in to set it.

I like doing it this way because I really don't like applying bases with my hands but they work best with this one because of drying time. With the sponge if you pat with that, it really makes it look perfect like your skin only better. The coverage is light to medium. I usually only need one application but to more troublesome area's I can add a 2nd layer no prob. I don't need a lot of concealer either because for my skin it gives me a good amount of coverage. I have some spots but mostly redness and healing from past damage. So this BB covers well. It lasts a long time even through the hot Summer but I think for my oily/combo skin it will be better in the Fall/Winter because it goes well over primer and moisturizer.

It's a demi matte finish and it has the usual good ingredients that I love about Asian BB's. For the price you get a good amount of product and it has a spatula in it so the product stays clean. I use about 4 dabs so this will last quite awhile and it can be bought in the US so that's a plus too. It smells very nice clean and fruity but nothing that lingers. I have no problems removing it and it does keep my skin good no breakouts from this one at all. This is in my top BB's with BRTC Jasmine, Skin79 Pink&Gold, and the Missha's plus Skinfood. So I love my BB creams as you can tell. This is my second one from this brand and is my favorite of the 2 the other being the small green tube it escapes my mind atm.

This is good for all skin types except maybe super dry because these creams can accentuate skin flakes especially for me using peels and Retin A so keep that in mind. A good moisturizer is a must unless your super oily then you can go with a lighter cream. Either way I always prime and moisturize for me it's a must. I really enjoy using this jelly and I will repurchase when needed. Definitely Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i know about this bb cream over YouTube,i have always a fan for Korean make up cause the natural finishing and smooth formula,but still this is a new name to me and very very cheap!have to say this is the best bb cream for me on daily wear.it like jelly,only a small amount already can give reasonable coverage,medium well coverage.but i dont suggest to build up coverage with this product,it meant to have a natural matt finish,after 2 layer it already looks like wear a mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by oliviabiba

Let me start by saying: this is a GREAT BB cream and I have no idea why so few people know about it.

As the name says, it is a BB jelly, which basically means the CONSISTENCY is that of a jelly/pudding. Since this is a very lightweight formula, this consistency is nice because it prevents the products from running down like other light foundations that tend to be very watery. Because of this consistecy, you need very little product to work with when APPLYING: it glides smoothly on the skin, but it also dries somewhat fast. That doesn't mean you'll have to worry like crazy to distribute it evenly, only that you do have to do it right away before it dries to a dewey yet matte FINISH. Yes, that's right: dewey yet matte. The thing is, this BB seems to be completely absorbed into the skin, so it doesn't look like you have anything on. Nevertheless, it leaves a satin finish, a very youthful skin look. It's awesome, really. (UPDATE: during this last winter my skin turned dry and flaky and I found that this BB emphasized dry areas, making it look very flaky and obvious. Although it is said to be hydrating, I don't think this is a product for those with drier skin.) For those looking for a lot of COVERAGE, I would advise against it. You can build up a little bit, but I'd say the maximum you'd get is a medium coverage.

The main problem with this is the COLOR range. There are only two shades available and what apparently is the darker one (number 2) is still rather light. I'm something like NC30 on MAC, and the #2 shade is still light for me. I have to apply on my neck and use a little bronzer to get away with it. Unfortunately, during the hottest days in the summer, when it wold be perfect to use such a light and cooling product, I can't use because by then I'm already too tanned for it (and I use sunscreen every single day of the year!).

Apart from that (which isn't really the product's fault, the product is aimed towards the asian market), this is a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

I'm currently obsessed with beauty products from Japan and Korea, just discovering them at Asian malls in my area. I wandered into Holika Holika and was instantly hooked on their cute packaging, low(ish) prices and the fact that most of their products actually work. I picked up this BB cream and I LOVE IT. I'm fair skinned with some red and yellow undertones and this BB smooths out my skin beautifully. It makes my skin look even, dewy (but not shiny), plump, and fresh. I can wear it in summer without feeling like I have a ton of makeup on and it lasts for hours. The blendability is not the greatest--like the other Asian BBs I've tried, you have to blend this extensively and quickly otherwise it dries and settles. It's really not a product for someone just starting out with makeup or BBs because of that. But the extra effort is worth it. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by lisaxjo

This is a highly underrated but great bb cream. Its texture does feel like pudding, but is easily blended with just fingers. Will be great with fair to light people with normal to oily skin. or dry skin, don't buy it, its going to show all your dry patches. Has a matte finish, and feels like you are wearing no makeup. Lovely.