September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

Amazing primer. I have used UDPP and Two Faced Shadow Insurance, as well as various ones from Stila and Benefit, and they don't hold a candle to this. I have had PERFECT eye shadow until I take it off when I use the Wet & Wild primer, whereas with the others my shadow creased up after about 6 hours.

This is a very dry formula, so probably wouldn't work well for someone with dry skin around their eyes. The packaging is good- a squeeze tube that dispenses just enough product and doesn't waste any. The price can't be beat. I am definitely buying backups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

This is just wow! Amazing! I have previously used L'Oreals De-Crease Eyeshadow Primer and it was a total disaster (costs $12). Previous to that, I had used UD's Primer Potion; but the quantity of it for the amount of money it costs was something I couldn't keep up with (as a college student). I'm seriously tired of Urban Decay's overpriced stuff! Anywho, I bought this for $6 (it has 10 ml) and I was really surprised with it! It's sooo velvety and it glides on like a dream. It left my eyelids super smooth like a new canvas. It absorbed quickly and it also helped a lot with oil control during the day. My eye shadows looked so vibrant and they stayed put throughout the whole day! Great, inexpensive product! Do recommend!
******UPDATE********
I recommended this to my cousin, she has EXTREMELY oily eyelids and droopy lids to the point not even liquid liner lasted on her more than an hour without sliding across her face. She purchased it and we used it yesterday before hanging out, without high hopes. After a whole night of partying she looked in the mirror expecting to reapply her eye makeup and to her surprise -and mine- her eye shadows and eye liner where still INTACT. It had been 8 hrs since she first applied her eye makeup and it still looked like she just had done it. This is amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I bought this after hearing all the hype about it. I'm a diehard eye primer user. I have oily lids and cannot wear eyeshadow or eyeliner without primer. I've used several in the past that I liked, but I was attracted to this one because it was cheap and available at my local Target (i.e. my second home).

First off, I like the packaging. I always prefer squeeze tubes for liquidy products, although the whole "Fergie" motif being emblazoned across the tube is a bit off-putting. (Sorry, Fergie lovers; I'm just not a fan.)

The product feels similar in texture and consistency to Urban Decay's original Primer Potion. It's easy to smooth over the lid and absorbs quickly. It doesn't feel too dry or too oily and it doesn't leave any color behind on your lids. It has a semi-matte, skin-like finish that is just the tiniest bit tacky (as a primer should be). My eyeshadow applied decently over this, but not spectacularly; I did feel like I had to work a little harder at blending, but the end result was fine.

The wear? Meh. This does prevent oil breakthrough on the lids as well as creasing, so those are good points. But it doesn't prevent fading. After a normal work day (when my shadows would usually be fully intact), they looked faded, and kind of patchily faded at that. Nothing that I would be embarrassed to be seen with in public, but not up to par with other eye primers and certainly nothing to rave over.

Bottom line: I think it's a decent option if you cannot or will not spend more on a better primer, but it's still mediocre. For the record, I like E.L.F.'s primer better than this, and that one is even cheaper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands-down the best eyeshadow primer I've ever used.
My lids (which are normally an oil slick) stay matte all day, allowing my shadow and liner to stay looking just as gorgeous as when first applied.
The packaging is great. No doe-foot. You just dispense a tiny amount onto your ring finger and apply, which is far more sanitary than a doe-foot that you put back in the tube over and over. The tip on this tube is extremely small, which allows you to dispense the right amount of product without wasting any.
It's Wet 'n Wild, so the price is amazing at under $5.
I will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow!!!! That's all this product makes me wanna say!!!! I am so glad I discovered it because the only primer that worked for my oily lids was the nars eye primer and it is a bit pricey for the amount so when I heard all the great reviews about this one I ran to get it. I was not let down it is by far the best primer ever!!!!! Hope they don't discontinue it because it will be such a shame. I'm gonna stock up while it's available in case they do discontinue. A+++++ ladies!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I really don't like this stuff. Even after letting it dry, it makes my shadow go on patchy and is very drying on my eyelids.... and I have very oily lids. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or if the product just doesn't work for me. I will stick with my Lorac. The other downside is that it is not available in Canada, so I had to purchase it in the U.S.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by BebeeGillini

surprisingly comparable to UD's primer. I actually use this one more than the UD one now. I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by helicojulz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have incredibly oily eyelids, even UDPP didn't work that well for me. I've tried so many primers over the years and most of the time, after three of four hours, my eyeshadow creases and needs touching up or reapplying.

I put my makeup on at 5:45am before heading out to work and by the time I get home at 6pm, my eyeshadow looks good as new, as if it's just been applied. When I've gone out after work for drinks, it's lasted until I've got home at 9pm. This primer is the best I've ever used and definitely deserves all the hype. It does exactly what it says it does. I'd read the reviews here before purchasing so had pretty high expectations already but I didn't expect it to last this long.

It also evens out my skin tone really well. I have quite red eyelids and the primer really evens that out. The eyeshadows blend really well on top of it, everything is so even and smooth, and it intensifies the pigment of the eyeshadows too.

Wet'n'Wild isn't readily available in New Zealand, but I managed to get it online for $13 NZD, which is super cheap for any kind of makeup here.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaaby

I love this eye primer. It's so cheap and good quality. I applied it at 8 am and it's currently 4 pm and my eyeshadow looks the same! I recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by DEbeachgirl74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this primer on a whim bc it was on sale. I've never used primer before but was curious to try it. I sing in a band and DJ and have used it the last 2 nights. I also live in a humid beach area so eye makeup has a tendency to disappear before the night is over. I've been doing at least a small touch up through out the night. I do use Avon Glimmersticks eyeliner which is the best I've ever used. Even the bright blue doesn't migrate. Both nights after using this primer all of my eye makeup was still intact. There was slight wear but it almost looked perfect after loading in and out and a 4 hr performance both nights. I'm so impressed. My makeup does take a little more effort to get off but it's so worth it to keep that smoky eye crease looking good and the tips of my cat eye liner looking fresh. 👍👍