Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

4.4

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP Eicosene Copolymer, Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, dimethicon, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just a few days ago, ok, years ago, when I started using makeup there was no such thing as an eye primer. Needless to say, it was hard for me to jump on the expensive bandwagon that I didn't know I really wanted. In order to stay in line with my cheapness, I tried other things such as foundation, but that didn't work out the way I had hoped. At some point, I received a sample of UD primer and I discovered I NEEDED this in my life, yet, my wallet would not allow for the splurge.

When I started seeing positive reviews of this product on YouTube, I traveled to my local Walgreens and forked over a few coins to try out the product. In love, end of story. Come by my house in the middle of the night and you probably will see residual eyeshadow still on!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The first eyeshadow primer I ever used was Urban Decay Primer Potion back in 2007. Since then, I've tried many. But it wasn't until recently that I gave in to trying Wet n Wild Fergie Take On The Day eyeshadow primer. No, I'm not a brand/high end snob. It's more so the fact a lot of celebrity endorsed product lines have been disappointing in the past. With all that being said - this is awesome.

I tried applying this BEFORE concealer on my lids to see if it would make my concealer look smoother before eyeshadow. That was a mess. The biggest downside to this primer is once it dries... good luck blending. I ended up with reverse raccoon eyes.

So I now apply it with sunscreen/concealer first... THEN primer. It works like a charm & actually does make the skin look smoother even though its on top. This primer is a light nude color but it's translucent once blended. I immediately have to apply eyeshadow before this dries. This primer will keep my eyeshadow from creasing all day on my oily lids. My concealer didn't crease either. That is surprising given I am using emollient concealer formulas for my eye area. Wet n Wild Fergie Take On The Day eyeshadow primer is like rubber cement once dry. A little goes a long way.

As much as I praise it for being a good eyelid primer, I still in all honesty would not rec it to those with very dry skin. It doesn't have that silicone slip feeling, which is what a lot of dry skinned ladies look for. The only loophole I can think of is if you use a very hydrating/emollient eye cream before applying this.

I will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I originally thought that this eyeshadow primer was great and that it was a fantastic bargain. However, recently I've discovered that it's kind of hard to blend and that it sometimes cakes quite badly. Unfortunately, I used it for quite some time before noticing these bad qualities and now I'm wondering just how bad my eye makeup looked during that time:( This primer is supposed to be a good dupe for Urban Decay Primer Potion and I think it is. Primer Potion did the same exact thing so they're quite comparable on that score. If you're on a budget and need an eyeshadow primer, you can do quite well by purchasing this one as long as you're willing to blend it with a beauty blender or apply it with a large shadow brush. I've gone back to my high end favorite, Clarins, because, unlike Wet n Wild, it hides the discoloration on my aging lids, which is an important feature for me. I also like Estee Lauder's eyeshadow primer, although it doesn't have quite the same coverage as Clarins. I've also tried Benefit Stay Don't Stray, but the consistency was somewhat dry and it made my lids look crepey. I'm disappointed that this drugstore product didn't measure up because, like everyone, I'd prefer to save some $$$. But it wasn't worth it and is only a mediocre product that would be perfect for younger eyes that don't need any coverage. I'm giving it three lippies because I consider it an average performer and I plan on using the rest of the tube on those days when I wear shadow, which will provide some coverage. My shadow and liner do last longer when I use this primer, so it's not a total waste. And I do think it's an exact dupe of UD Primer Potion (which I also didn't think much of tbh). I'm sure it's a best seller for Wet n Wild. I recommend this product for the younger generation. However, if you're a bit older, check out the Clarins primer. I find it's a better all around product with Estee Lauder coming in a close second.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Amazing stuff! I like that it's in a squeeze tube, it keeps my eyeshadow in place all day and it costs so much less than UDPP which I used to use. Definitely gonna stock up WnW cause it works so similarly.

This is one of those awesome little drugstore gems! I like it much better than the MAC primers I have used. For reference, I would say I have a normal amount of oil on my lids. They aren't noticeably oily, but they aren't dry either.

Before I bought this, I was wearing my eyeshadow with no primer. I use pretty good quality shadows (MAC and NARS) so they usually last pretty well on their own. I saw a lot of raves on MUA about this primer so I thought it couldn't hurt to try it. Going without primer worked fine for day time, but I was also working as a professional "dancer" and after sweating through an 8 hour shift, my eyeshadow would be almost completely gone.

I picked this up at Walgreen's for $4 and put a thin layer on before I applied my usual eyeshadow. It applies smoothly and evenly and dries in a minute or less. It increased the pigmentation/color payoff of my shadows immediately. But what really impressed me was the staying power. After a full night of dancing, my eye makeup looks just as good as when I first applied it.

I tend to be wary of really cheap products since they often irritate my sensitive eyes. This primer does not irritate my eyes at all.

I am on my 3rd tube of this stuff and will keep buying it as long as they make it. I should probably stock up in case they DC it...it's that good!

The only thing they could improve is the packaging. It's hard to get the last of the product out of the tube.

For the price, you can't beat it!

this works incredibly to make your eye shadow last, just like it says. my issue is, the formula is not kind to mature skin. im 41 with pretty good skin, but my eyelids looked 20 years older after this dried and I applied eye shadow. it made my eyelids look crepey and ancient. I think a little goes a long way. I had to take everything off and start over. I know Angie ( hot and flashy on youtube )does a video on the best eye shadow primer for mature skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best eyeshadow primer ever! Will definetely be re stocking. After literally scraping the barrel of my beloved Kat Von D primer, I realised i'd have to find another alternative because as much as I adore the Kat Von D primer, I needed something more affordable ( When you live in New Zealand, you pay heaps for her range and can only buy online) After two FAILED primers in a row (Get Set & E.L.F) I had almost given up on ever finding one that lives up to its purpose and especially doesn't crease!! That is until I discovered Fergie's Take On The Day primer.
I wear only bright eyeliners and eyeshadows so finding a primer that has staying power is a nescessity and this primer does more than that.
For $15 it is a small tube, but a little goes a long way when you only need a dab the size of a pin head. The pigmentation is kind of a nude tone when you squeeze it out but on application it dries clear and fast. Best of all it stays on 12 hours plus, in fact it can be a mission taking off my eyeshadow when I use the primer because it's staying power is impeccable. My only negative is that it works best with eyeshadow only as I find if used with eyeliner it tends to dry out the general eye area and can appear quite chalky and flaky ( not a great look with coloured eyeliner, so make sure your eyeliner can stand on its own without this primer) See my other reviews on LA Glide Gel liners which are what I wear)

HG PRIMER! Oily lids? Look no further...this has got to be the closest dupe to Urban Decay Primer Potion (save those hard earned dollars, ladies and gents!).

Background: I've been using ELF primer (the 2 dollar one, also apparently called a dupe for UDPP) and it's just been so-so. It helped with pigmentation and to "stick" the pigment, but didn't combat the oiliness and subsequent creasing after a few hours.

The WNW Fergie primer, though, seriously STICKS your shadow on. I got home from work yesterday (10 hours) and the rest of my face had basically melted off ('scuse me, Arizona, you need to get some chill) but my eyeshadow/liner looked flawless. Almost eerily so. Looks like I'll need to find a better face primer to not look like a half hot mess.

The Details: It's about 5 dollars, but WNW always has buy one get one type sales, so it's really a steal! It's a squeeze bottle applicator, product goes on smoothly, isn't sticky at all, very matte and a nice cream color. Use this, followed by WNW Creme Brulee single shadow as a base. Then, follow with your fave eyeshadow palette (those WNW trios are fabulous, too)!

HG great stuff my eye shadow stays put for 10+ hours not bad for wet n wild it's just as Good as urban decay primer potion and a lot cheaper

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This product delivers! I have ridiculously oily lids, as in there's no point in even wearing shadow without a primer because it will crease, melt, slide off, etc. I use a tiny amount and set it with some powder before I apply the shadow and my shadow doesn't budge until I decide to take it off at night. And for around $4, what more could I want out of an eye shadow primer?