April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

We'll, here's another foundation I love! Great coverage, long lasting, easy to apply (I always use a brush - currently using the small stipple brush from e.l.f.), not too expensive. I've not had any problems with it oxidizing like others have mentioned and I always moisturizer before applying foundation, so no dry patches either. This one works well for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by elysermnpp

I bought this in Ivory on recommendation from a friend. I loved it at first but after using it for a while it has its flaws. I still found it to be a great product overall, as I can't bring myself to splurge for expensive foundation.

Pro
I love the coverage, it's pretty pigmented compared to the BB cream I was using before this. It looks natural when well blended (using a round foundation brush or fingers when I'm really lazy) It's also nice to keep building and adding more.
With powder over I haven't had any issues with it not staying on.

Con
I used this product throughout winter and if my face was dry it really showed and looked cakey. I would have to wipe it off and re-moisturize certain areas. I had to keep using scrubs, but it was also a really dry winter in general, so not entirely the fault of the makeup.

I also found it to oxidize and get a little bit orangey at times, especially where there is more in one place. I noticed this more on the blob on the back of my hand than on my actual face, so it wasn't a huge issue.

As for the 3in1 aspect, I never use primer as it tends to break me out (I just moisturize) so I can't really speak to that, but I have used it as a concealer for under the eyes and it works pretty well. I have dark circles so I tend to layer it with another concealer too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by sjprest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is my new favourite foundation! I got it in ivory and it's almost an exact match to my skin. I like that it has a pump that you can lock so that it won't get all over your makeup bag, which is handy because the clear plastic cap over it doesn't stay on well. The product goes on smooth and is not heavy on the skin, I would say it's between a light and medium coverage but easily buildable without looking too cakey. It also has a matte finish which I like, and lasts through the whole day for me without becoming at all oily. This stuff is really fast drying and you should note that if you have dry skin it will make it look more obvious. Just make sure you exfoliate and moisturizer and you should be fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by deadscream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have combination skin where I have flaky skin (because I don't drink enough water) but gets really oily throughout the day. For dry skin people who want to try this foundation, be sure to scrub your face and apply a heavy duty facial cream before applying this foundation.

I applied this foundation on using my fingers first, but it ended up looking so cakey and it just accentuated the flakes on my face. It's hard to blend this quick-drying foundation if you have rough, flakey skin. However, the cakiness can be minimized by using a beauty blender or maybe even just a damp cosmetic sponge wedge. When I used a beauty blender, I was able to put 2 thin layers without looking cakey. The flakiness of my skin looked minimal.

The wear time was good. I wore powder over the foundation but I only got really oily after 8 hours.

I got the shade 855 Soft Honey and I think it's an ok match for NC37 - NC40. I didn't notice any drastic change in color throughout the day. However, I think it oxidized and got a little bit darker, but not that noticeable unless I really study my face.

I don't recommend this product for dry flaky skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ank1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the lightest color (ivory) and when I put it on, it oxidized heavily and turned very red-orange. I had to return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Vonnity

Right away it makes the dry patches on my cheeks visible, less so with primer but the dryness look really obvious by the end of the day.

It smells faintly of paint, has a light to medium coverage imo, definitely does not cover as well as the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation.

Packaging-wise, I don't think the cap is very secure. It's great that it has a pump but whenever I use it, there is always some semi-solidified foundation that gets pushed out before you see the useable liquid.

The finish it gives is really nice though, not dewy, and I feel like you could do without a powder because there is no stickiness.

I think it'll work better for those with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My skin profile: dry skin prone to eczema and break outs, acne scars, light skintone with yellow undertones (MAC NC20)

This foundation is exactly what I wanted NARS Sheer Glow to be. Both of these foundations have a demi-matte finish, but this foundation is just superior in many aspects (for example, SG has a tendency to REALLY stick to dry flakes and any skin texture). While SG is a high-end foundation without a pump, this foundation is drugstore but contains a pump (!!!).

One major flaw with this foundation is that it caters to mostly pink to neutral undertones. If you fall under those categories, you are one lucky guy/gal :) But for the rest of us with yellow undertones, using a yellow or warm-toned setting powder is a must. Ben Nye Banana Powder may be compulsory. Not only does it run pink but this foundation has a tendency to oxidize into a darker and more pink colour within minutes, so be mindful of the colour match. With my NC20 skintone, the closest match I have is 810 US/910 Canada "Classic Ivory", which dries down to a neutral undertone in this shade.

This foundation is super easy to blend into the face and melds easily with the skin. The finish is demi-matte and makes my skin look flawless. I disagree with those that say this foundation is not dry skin friendly. I've come to terms that virtually most foundations will accentuate dry patches at least a little, but this foundation does minimal accentuation of unsightly patches. For my dry skin type, using a Beauty Blender-type sponge helps me achieve a healthy finish. A dense flat-top brush will help achieve a fuller coverage whilst using less product.

The coverage of this foundation is medium to full. It's not as full coverage as Revlon Colorstay, but pretty close. It covered my dark circles and acne spots at about a 70-80% opacity. To achieve full coverage, simply apply an extra layer on the spots.

This foundation tends to wear perfectly until the 6 hour mark for me, where some oils break through and the coverage weans a little. However, this foundation NEVER gives me the "floating foundation face" syndrome and always looks melded with my skin.

At Shoppers and Rexalls in Canada, this is quite expensive for $14.99 but there are always deals going on. Recently, I bought two bottles during a BOGO deal :) However, items are always cheaper at Walmart and Target.

Overall, this foundation is worth a shot whether you have dry or oily skin. This foundation is best suited for pink to neutral skin tones and BEWARE of the oxidation. It provides a demi-matte flawless finish with medium-full coverage. Affordable option to NARS Sheer Glow and in my opinion, better than SG.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by KammSnow13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is quite good. It feels really light and has really good blend ability. I have really bad acne scars and it covers most of them. Although they are still visible. It's has a really matte finish which I like but for those who prefer to have a dewy face wouldn't like it. So far one of the best foundations I've had. Really good. I bought it at shoppers and paid $18 for it. Which is kinda pricey for me for a drugstore product. Perhaps it will be cheaper at Walmart

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While this is certainly a step up from the Cover Girl foundations I remember from the 80's, it's still far from perfect. The first and most important thing to remember is not to forgo sunscreen because this claims to have a SPF 20 sunscreen. While 3% Ensulizole provides good UVB protection, its UVA screen is minimal. As far as the claims of being a 3-in-1 product, I don't find it to apply any better or worse than any other foundation at this price range. The claims that it's a concealer fall short as well. This doesn't come close to being as effective or convenient as an actual concealer.
Although the shade range is extensive, they all seem either too pink or too orange. There is noticeable oxidization, but I didn't think it was so bad I wouldn't venture out in public. It also tends to accentuate dry patches, but I've observed that most long wearing foundatons do (even Estee Lauder Doublewear does this on me).
On the plus side, hooray for the pump! The finish is actually a quite nice natural matte. I would say the coverage is light, but can be built to medium without looking too mask like.
All things considered, there are far better drugstore options out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by CJA

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a really hard time finding foundations that don't react on my skin by breaking down and I have tried them all. From drugstore to high end and I have been using Revlon Colour Stay which doesn't break down on my skin after a few hours. I recently tried the Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 and I absolutely love it! I actually prefer it over the Colour Stay. I find it lasts longer and looks great for longer. I am a convert! Love this foundation and love that it has SPF protection.