April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

As a dupe for Smashbox, I just don't rate this bb cream. The shades weren't great (I'm NC25-30 and couldn't find one anywhere close), the texture thinner and oilier than Smashbox and having rubbed it onto the back of my hand, within ten minutes it had almost disappeared.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I am really pleasantly surprised by this BB cream, I wasn't expecting to like it! This bb cream is a light coverage bb cream, it is fragrance free and has a dewy finish. When I apply this BB cream, I usually use 2 layers, buffing it in with my Real Techniques buffing brush. After I apply the BB cream I blot my skin with a tissue, apply a bit of the Nars Creamy Radiant concealer where I have any blemishes or discolouration that the BB cream didn't cover and then I use a sponge to apply a light layer of pressed powder to lock it all in (a sponge is the best option for combatting oil in my experience because it presses the powder in to the skin as opposed to using a brush where it just leaves the powder sitting on the surface). On my skin this BB cream will last a whole day looking fresh and radiant, blotting once or twice depending on how much stress it is preforming under. I really like how despite getting a little oily, it never goes blotchy or fades. I wear the lightest shade which I believe is called 'fair' and it isn't really that fair so I need to blend it down my neck to avoid looking like I'm wearing a mask. I have dry skin so I like to use a moisturizer under the BB cream but if you have oily skin you may find that the BB cream alone will suffice. I was overall decently impressed with this BB cream and I would repurchase it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bit of a mixed bag. I purchased this because it has a mineral SPF 30 and found a shade light enough for my fair skin (010, fair).

Pros
- Gentle formula, fragrance free and one of few cheaper bb creams with a mineral SPF 30
- Beautiful, light neutral colour. One of the few bb creams I have tried that are light enough.
- silky, creamy consistency, not too thick, blends easily
- I like the simple packaging, the lid is also tight enough so you don't get a messy splatter of product at any time
- Price

CONS
- very sheer coverage for my liking. Did not do a good job of covering my red areas, especially around the nose, chin.
- The finish looked too shiny. I have dry/combination skin. If you have sensitive and very dry skin, and don't mind extremely sheer coverage, you will probably love this.

I will continue to use till I run out but won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's not bad. I don't like the little clear parts of the packaging, so I keep it in the drawer or put duct tape over that part. It's a small part, but I feel the integrity of the spf might be affected,b y the time I buy it. Not bad for the price. The light color is pretty fair. . Not great coverage, but looks quite nice. I think it's a little pinky but in a slightly opalescent way, that actually looks nice. Usually I don't like pink as I have yellow undertones and ruddiness I don't like to accentuate. It's a nice very flattering color. It sets powdery. It looks quit, luminescent but shiny. All good, but the coverage is a bit poor. I feel I'd probably need something on top, but that is not really so bad. A lot of people like lighter coverage. Though only difference between BBs and tinted moisturizers seems to be more SPF and often more coverage, but fewer color choices.

I returned it only as it was a bit too light in coverage and the packaging made me distrust the spf a bit. It's not bad though. I just liked others better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have dry skin, and love this BB cream for summer because it's not too thick. I have light skin (tint leaning yellow) and the 010 Light shade worked well. Packaging is great for getting just the right amount of product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually did not expect very much from this BB Cream because I have been so disappointed with several far more expensive ones. But to my huge surprise it works beautifully for me. I bought the light-medium and almost expected it to turn yellow on me, as so many things do. It did not. It's a great tone for fair-skinned women, a cool-toned neutral beige, which is just what I need. My skin being dry, it did not cause any problems of any kind. It gives me just the right coverage for an ordinary day. And the SPF is an added bonus. An unexpected but definite winner!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, when I swatched this BB cream on my hand, I thought how wonderful it was that a BB Cream actually was close to matching my skin tone. I find BB creams are usually more cool toned and never match me well as I am warm toned. I bought the Revlon in light-medium and it blended wonderfully. However, the coverage was minimal. I found it oxidizes slightly after awhile and it does make you feel oily, I was shiny after an hour. And no, it does NOT stay on, it transfers easily...I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Ohpriscilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good for people with dry skin! Not for oily skin people!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good color match and nice packaging allowing you to squeeze the right amount of product. However, this is very very oily. On me, having very oily skin, this just slides from one side to the other, brushes don't work either. Also, my skin gets more oily after five minutes of wear.

The coverage is sheer to light but I don't believe this can be buildable. Maybe because this just didn't sit on my skin after application so trying to build another layer was an impossible task. I gave it away to a friend with very dry skin and she suffered the same problems with application.

Is a shame, Revlon used to do decent foundations and concealers and with the changes on formulation they now suit very specific skin needs. Obviously not mine.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

After using so many of Revlon's products, I guess I expected this to live up to the Colorstay that I love so much. I can't use this as a BB, a primer, a moisturizer... nothing! It's just gross. Back to the store it goes. Boo! I really had high hopes here :(

I am glad it worked for some folks...I guess my skin just didn't like it (it made a slip and slide out of my entire face)