April 23, 2014 | 2035 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Barely Branded Color Tattoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This is the best thing ever. I wear this color pretty much every day either as a subtle/natural looking wash or as a base for other shadows. Don't be put off by how shimmery it looks in the jar; it goes on quite sheerly and doesn't appear too sparkly. Stays for a long time. I also have tough as taupe, but don't love it as much. I want to try bad to the bronze and inked in pink next!

Edit: These dry out super fast, and on further consideration, I don't think I'll repurchase. It's just impossible to use up all the color before they become unusable texturally.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by blondebombshell7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I <3 this product! It's SUCH a beautiful colour - a yellow toned champagne, that looks amazing with my fair skin and blue eyes. My only complaint is that it can be a little sheer, but that's easily fixed by applying two layers instead of one. I haven't noticed any creasing, however I never wear this eyeshadow on it's own. I use it as a base for creating a very pretty, neutral eye look. This is a staple in my collection, and I will definitely repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

This is my favorite color from the Color Tattoo line! You can't go wrong with any of the color tattoos, but this one is, in my opinion, by far the best! It is a beautiful light champagne color that lasts all day on its own without having to be topped with a powder eyeshadow or with a primer underneath. This color looks great on its own for just a quick look (on its own it makes your eyes look very bright and awake) what I LOVE using it for though, is an eyeshadow base. There are so many eyeshadow that I had boughten that I didn't really like that well on my eyes. But when I use this underneath, it completely changes the color, adds brightness and intensifies the color plus it works as a primer so my shadow will last all day. I have hit major pan on this product and will definitely have to buy another one soon. This is a staple in my collection and I use it almost every day as a base. The only complaint I have is that for a cream eye shadow, it is pretty dry. But all you have to do is warm it up a little bit with your fingers and it will work just fine. Because of this, I don't recommend using a brush because it applies more dryly when you don't warm it up with your finger. But that is something I can easily overlook. If you like light colored eye shadows, you will definitely LOVE this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my fav color out of them all. It's a pretty, light peach that I've been searching for forever. It's not too frosty or blotchy and I can wear this as an all else fails es. I don't have to wear a primer with it and it also makes a great es base.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by meggers88

Color- gold-ish, slightly champagne-ish (sort of like Bare Study but I think Bare Study is a little more pink.) I really like it. it looks really nice on my fair skin if I wear it alone, natural with some shimmer and glow.

Application- really easy, goes on really smooth. it's a cream but doesn't have an excessively dewey finish.

Price- affordable. really good at Target and Walmart (CVS is more for whatever reason)

Packaging- pretty solid. never really had issues.

Stay power- doesn't last 24 hours I don't think, but it does last all day until a few hours before bed. On me it can crease a little bit but not bad. It works well as a base.

Longevity- I've had mine for over 6 months, and I've hit the bottom on it now. I think my Mac paint pots have a better shelf life. These get flakey and dry after 6 months...I've been noticing this problem for a few weeks now and it's my biggest annoyance with the product. But for the money, it's not the worst issue you could have and it's still usable (just takes more smoothing out and is not as easy to use as when you first open it).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this, so much creasing so fast, it is nothing like Bad to the Bronze and it is noway near MAC paint pots

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by FrankenDucky

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. I mostly love it though. I'm quite fair with hazel eyes and I feel like a light application of this cream shadow really brightens up my eyes. It's my "everyday" shadow. Unfortunately, this product does crease on me. I've tried many different primers and it still creases just a enough to annoy me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This product indeed does last very long. I love how the color can be builded but also looks nice applied sheerly. I had this for a few months and I already notice it drying up, will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I'm 39 with hooded eyes. Today, a colleague actually complemented me on the eye makeup I had on yesterday! I've never received a compliment about my makeup...especially the NEXT DAY. I guess it looked nice enough for my colleague to remember it when she saw me. So, I will buy this again.

I use a smaller brush to apply it. I just pat it on the lid; I don't even try to rub it in. I use a primer beforehand, so it lasts ALL DAY.

I will try the other colors now.

UPDATE: Today, I tried to apply with my fingers. I couldn't build up the color AT ALL. You definitely need a small-size eye shadow brush to pat it on the lid where you want it. I don't even blend it out.

I also bought the taupe. It's nice, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I hate this shade on its own (horrible frosty chalky finish which clumps up in the eylashes) but it is the most fantastic base for shadows and holds amazingly well throughout the day however I hate the frosty metallic look it gives all of my matte shadows and only end up using under metallic products - why can't they bring out a nude matte shade? All of these have glitter or shimmer (apart from tough as taupe which is too grey for me) Till they bring one out I will stick with using my cream to powder foundation as a matte base or my long discontinued beloved wind-up 90's colourstay shadow cream in Blush.