Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 5/8/2015 5:43:00 AM

Huge disappointment. I really don't understand how this mascara has such a good overall rating. I bought it because I needed an affordable mascara and hoped for the best.
It does define lashes and give them length. Pretty effect on lashes - initially. But after a little while it starts smudging like there's no tomorrow. I seriously never had a mascara smudge as much as this one. But ironically, it's nearly impossible to remove in the evening, with make-up remover. Awful.

on 5/6/2015 3:57:00 AM

1. The packaging is unique. It's not a typical long rectangular packaging for a mascara. I've seen other brands esp. local brands (where I live) try to mimic the packaging, no. Those other brands cannot pull it off. Only Maybelline. Deal with it. lol

2. The colour stays true to it's name. Very pigmented. I have mine in blackest black and it is veeeeerrrryyyyyy black. :)

3. The bristle don't bother me to be honest. It is kind of an unusual shape but I have no complaints about it.

4. It claims to give volume your lashes? Yes, yes it does. Although I have naturally long-ish lashes, this mascara makes them much longer. I really love it for that. And the black pigment does give a bit of thickness as well (at least in my use).

5. Affordable. I'd buy it again and again and again!

6. After a few months of using it, you'd notice some clumps. What I do to lessen those clumps, I get a tiny cup, fill it with 'warm-on-the-verge-of-hot' water and stick the mascara there about 10-15 mins before applying. :)

Overall, I love this mascara. <3 :D

on 5/4/2015 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I loved this mascara from the first swipe! It isn't life-changing, but it gives me more than the clump crusher gives me. (Although I do love clump crusher for layering.) This does give me volume and separates, with decent length. I can actually use this on my lower lash with nice results, too, despite the larger brush. My only gripe is that the brush is super hard and pokey. This is nice for combing thru lashes, but if I were to poke my eye -- it could be fatal. I could also tell when it started to dry out on me because it wouldn't fan my lashes out as nicely as it did when I first opened it. But even if it just lasts me 2-3 months -- I don't mind -- I will buy this again because it makes my lashes very pretty.

on 5/1/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

fun packaging.

reasonable price.

... that's about it for this product.

it hardly does anything to your eyelashes aside from adding clumps to them, there is "volume" added or anything else.

this one is better left on the shelves.

on 5/1/2015 2:42:00 PM

I really like this mascara! I use it in the non-waterproof formula on a daily basis. It provides a nice amount of length and volume. It leaves my lashes clump-free and soft - no crispness whatsoever. The lasting power is INSANE... I wore this all day while I was sick and my eyes were watery, AND I fell asleep in it. I woke up to find my lashes looking just as good as when I had first applied my makeup. I was so pleased! However, I wish this thickened my lashes a bit more, and I wish the chubby wand was a little smaller. I've poked myself in the eye with the wand before and boy, that was not a pleasant experience.

i dont like this mascara at all...i specifically bought this mascara for volume ,yes it does lenghtens your eyelashes a bit,but it heavily clumps them toghter..my eyelahes are very thin and rare,and i want a mascara to give the some fullness and volume but nope this only made me look like i have huge holes(empty spaces )between my eyelashes because it clumps..it aso leaves nasty flakes if you try to aply a second coat..you cant build it..deffinitely wont repurchase but im realy dissapointed because from what can i see some people rave it..maybe a bought an unlucky tube i dont know

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Product does not give much volume at all, I would definitely not call this a volumizing mascara, would not buy again, I have to scrub my lashes so hard to get any coverage.

on 4/22/2015 12:02:00 AM

I LOVE this mascara. I have used many mascaras and by far this one is my favourite. It adds a realistic length (not thick tubes at the end of my lashes like some mascaras) and separates my lashes perfectly with no clumps. The brush is amazing for this. I have fallen asleep with this mascara on and reapplied it in the morning and it still looks amazing. I have never had smudging or flaking problems with this mascara and I have been using it for over a year now. I usually just take it off with dove soap in the shower or coconut oil and it comes right off.I am super impressed with this mascara and will continue to buy it :) I pray that it does not get changed or discontinued. If so please warn me so I can buy a life supply lol.

on 4/10/2015 5:43:00 PM

Top 3 drugstore mascaras FOR SURE.

1. Bought it on a whim when I got invited out and hadn't put mascara on that day. Was SHOCKED at how SUPER BLACK it is and how 1 coat is PERFECT (...when the tube is brand new).

2. I'm a very very very bad person, who is often guilty of sleeping in my mascara. This stuff stays on throughout the ENTIRE NIGHT and is buildable in the morning. Doesn't irritate my eyes at all.

3. For the girls who like to remove with water, you're not gonna be happy. Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover is my go-to to remove EVERYTHING though.

4. Wish the brush was a LITTLE smaller just because I feel like I can maneuver that better. But overall this mascara is pretty damn amazing.

on 4/7/2015 4:27:00 PM

Packaging is necessarily huge, the wand is a little bit too thick. The regular one that i have is way too liquid and the brush it self does not avoid clumps. I have long lashes and because this takes so long to dry, it would get on my eye makeup. A good thing about it is that in never dries out. I used with some of my friends that have short lashes and it definitely worked better for them.