April 19, 2014 | 1584 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jujubmxx

I have the shortest straightest lashes so mascara is an absolute must. Have been switching around mascaras for the past year after ending my long term obsession with the classic dior show. I had been using the original falsies volume express by maybelline, which was really hit or miss. On good days, it would make my lashes look so long, but on bad days, they would look short and clumpy. Also, that mascara could not keep a curl.

This mascara was just eh at first: caused my short lashes to be so clumpy. But then I started doing this and boy is it the best mascara I've ever used: WIPE OFF EXCESS PRODUCT FROM THE APPLICATOR W/ A TISSUE AND YOU'LL GET THE BEST LASHES EVER :) I generally just curl, apply a lancome base, and then chanel and my lashes look so long and fluttery w/o looking too spidery. Plus, it holds the curl and doesn't smudge, but is so easy to remove! Plus, wow, does it make my lashes look black and glossy (unlike dior show which sort of reminded me of a matte mousse).

The brush has the whole "snowflake tip" deal which is nice, but will clump your lashes if it has too much product on it. The product itself has that high-end makeup smell haha. The packaging design is perfection, so sleek and beautiful, but make sure to turn the cap into you hear a faint "click" (really easy to forget and why I took off a lippie).

pros: makes short, straight lashes look amazing (when wipe of excess), packaging design is gorgeous, stays all day but washes off w/ ease
cons: 30 bucks for a mascara, have to remember to twist cap all the way, can clump lashes

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I received the sample of this and used it until the very end. I am a mascara addict. I love when I find the different articles that say you need different mascaras for different things. This mascara is perfect alone but what I LOVE it for is using it as the base mascara. It plumps up my eyelashes giving them body, separation (they already have a curl) and they give a great definition. I follow it up with LAURA MERCIER Faux Lash Mascara and then use the other Chanel mascara to gently separate and finish. They look huge, full, real and gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by karmen221

My mom got this mascara for Christmas and I have been loving it ever since I got it. Sure it's expensive but it's Chanel and it's worth it. If you want a softer,more natural look all it takes is one swipe. If you want it to be more dramatic, you can easily build up the product. Lasts all day,does not flake,does not clump.Perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by 700poodles

Good formula, makes lashes look dramatic, good coverage, not too dry, not too wet, stays on for a long time...but! I am really not happy about that wand. It clumps my lashes big time. I use Avon's Supershock wand (no better wand out there) with this product, and I like the result.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by anahicl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great mascara!! For now is my holy grail, makes my lashes look fantastic.
However you need to do the makeupbytiffanyd technique and I would not recommend it if you have oily eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been searching for a new mascara for years since Kevyn Aucoin changed the formula when Estee Lauder bought him. While I don't love the clumpiness at first, the intensity and full coverage dark color is what i like. It doesn't dry crispy and so far hasn't smudged.

For a while I was using the Loreal Telescopic, but it's just not dramatic enough. I'll give it a few days and see what I think.

Update: FANTASTIC!!! Dramatic and over the top clumpy but doesn't budge!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

The only reason I tried this mascara is because several of the YT beauty gurus I suscribe to raved about it. And...like a fool - I fell for it. I know mascara is 100% subjective to each individual, but I felt there had to be some truth to all the reviews.

My lashes are long but sparse so I like dry, volumizing mascara formulas. This mascara clumped my lashes almost instantly. I couldn't even comb through the lashes a second time with the wand without causing more problems. It was just very, very bad. I wore it one day and returned it the next. I can't waste over $30 on a mascara that makes my lashes look nasty and spidery. I've returned to my beloved Almay Get Up And Grow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Iheartmydh

Hands down the best mascara I have ever used. I have longish, light lashes, which are of medium thickness. They end up looking like falsies after a few coats. Very black, thick and long. Lasts well. Formula is not dry, but not ultra wet that it's messy. The brush is size, for me, is perfect. I give each eye a coat, then another, so they dry a bit between coat, no clumps and goes on smoothly. I will absolutely repurchase, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by hannahpatricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite mascara ever... it makes your lashes both long and thick. It is quite intense, so it might not be everyday wear for some, but it is for me because I love the dramatic false lash effect. You have to be careful when applying this as if you have too much product on the wand it can clump on application as it is so thick, so I advise to only dip your wand in once and that should be enough to cover both lashes as a lot of product gets on the wand. It isn't waterproof, though it doesn't claim to be, and I resolve this by putting on Bare MInerals Locked and Loaded as a finisher and then it is waterproof if you want it waterproofed!

If you want awesome lashes this is the mascara to get...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My eyelashes are really quite, well, meh. Fine and medium length, nothing to write home about. This does add volume and thickness, but as with any mascara you have to be careful to put a little on from the bed of your lashes and not load it up on the ends too much to prevent it from smudging, because it does, it does end up panda eyeing you by the end of the day. But if you are sparing with it and take the excess off the end of your lashes with a q-tip, it'll last, won't smudge and will give you eyelashes some definite volume. Thing is, it's so expensive.
Also, it will NOT clump if you are sparing with it. I apply mine to my lashes from the bed, then take off excess with a q-tip, then add more and repeat taking off the excess.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No