Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I just got this palette I have had the basics 2 and the full naked 2 and 3 for a while and I love all of them. Needless to say this did not disappoint , all the colors are beautiful for everyday and they blend so smooth and stay on forever. I love UD eyeshadow and I will buy more of them. I would most defiantly repurchase this palette also.

on 1/24/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought this today and tried it out as soon as I got home. LOVE. To try all the colors, I started out with a barely there, natural look and built up into a smoldering, smokey eye. The powders are creamy, pigmented, easy to blend, and the staying powder is amazing. (I still use a primer though because my lids are oily). The colors are beautiful neutrals and virtually mistake proof. You can easily use any color with other satins, frosts, metalics, etc. And even though the compact is a little expensive, it's going to last a long time. Highly recommend this for a whole range of looks!

on 1/23/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I waited so long to buy UD's Naked Basics-I'm probably the last one on the block to try them out! This is my 1st experience with UD's eye shadows and now I understand why they are so highly regarded. They are very creamy, have high color pay-off, low-to-no fall-out and most colors seem highly pigmented. I think I've avoided UD eye shadows up until now because the majority of them seem to be saturated w/ sparkle, frost, glitter, metalics, sheen and/or shine and I personally prefer matte or a soft lustre finish on my 45+ year old eyes. I think this is a gorgeous set of eye shadows and I love the packaging. I will not repurchase because I find the colors at tad too cool toned/neutral for my personal taste but I can understand why so many people love this palette and UD eye shadows in general.

on 1/22/2015 6:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

An essential and compact matte palette for all! Each shadow is so buttery and smooth, and the colours are gorgeous. Definitely a must have staple. I have been using this heavily for over a year and still haven't hit pan on any of the shades. Only downside would be the price- I payed about $45 AUD for this, which is kinda sad when I look at US prices :(

I am a huge fan of shadow palettes because I like the convenience of being able to create multiple looks from one product. I purchased the Naked Basics palette to travel with because my UD original Naked palette doesn't fit nicely or travel well in my makeup bag. Sadly, this palette doesn't give me a complete look (or a variety of looks for that matter). The first 3 shades are essentially brow bone highlighters for me, while the shade Naked 2 is too cool for my skintone. Faint is a nice crease color, however I have nicer crease colors that I prefer using over this. The reason I gave this palette 4 stars is for the color Crave. It's the richest, darkest black eyeshadow I own and I use in place of eyeliner on days that I'm in a rush, or to smoke out my liquid/gel liners. It's so intense and has great blendability and lasting power without a primer. So to sum up, I generally use this for highlighting my brow bone and as an eyeliner.

on 1/10/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I always avoided any eyeshadow that had anything remotely brown in it but this looks so good on me. I love that with this selection of colors you can create anything from a no make up makeup look to a dramatic smokey eye. The two darkest shades are very pigmented so swipe your brushes lightly on these two.
There's just one thing I personaly don't quite like about this product and that's the matte shades (which are 5 out of 6) being a bit too chalky. The problem here is that they make my eyes look older because of the way they settle into the fine lines of the eyelid. I'm 37 and my fine lines are still pretty much non existent thanks to very good genes but this makes them appear. The good thing is the inclusion of one basic shimmery shade. So I believe this is not a super smart palette for an older person, at least not when used alone, but I hope I'll still be happily using it for a long time.

I use this palette every day. crave is the perfect black eye shadow!

on 1/5/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this palette! I am definitely someone who loves neutral and natural eyeshadow and this is the perfect palette for that!
I own the original naked palette and while I still love that, I felt like it could have done with more matte shades, and this is where this palette comes in. All but on shade (the lightest) is matte.

I'm very fair skinned and I love how all the shades look. The pigmentation is pretty amazing, especially in the 2 darker shades, I find them pretty easy to blend and work with.

The packaging is amazing. It's sleek and compact with a fairly decent size mirror. The colours are by no means original or amazing, but having them all together in such a handy palette is the main reason I love this and reach for it pretty much everyday.

100% would recommend

on 1/4/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow! I didnt want the normal naked because its soooo glittery. So i got this for xmas and have used it every day

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was a bit skeptical about buying this palette. As I have the other Naked palettes and thought after buying the others what does this palette offer that I have not already got... Well I was glad I did buy it! as now I go for this one before any of the other palettes! The finish on these shadows are amazing! Smooth, flawless and highly pigmented! You have 2 base colours which are great if you want a natural flawless look. A highlighter for under your brows. Then 2 Browns, 1 light brown great for day, a dark brown great for night. And a black which I use for a liner! The only thing i must add is they don't seem to last throughout the day. If applied in the morning you would have to re apply in the evening if your going out. But on saying that I cannot fault it and I love them! I have bought these for a friend for xmas as well! They are all matte apart from the highlighter so a different look completely compared to the other nakeds.

Popular Palettes