October 1, 2014 | 1164 users online

Treatments (Face) - Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! saved my skin from breaking out + keeping it hydrated. I cannot stress how much i love this and how this is truly a SOS. I will always have one in my stash for emergencies. Any dry patches? put this on. if you are breaking out? put this on as a moisturizer till it fades. My skin absorbs it like crazy and it feels supple, plumped and hydrated. Great for day time before makeup or before sunscreen! expensive because i finish mines in just ONE MONTH! i use a lot....so i always order in bulk from sephora online (there is a package deal $48 for full serum size+ travel size grape water+ mini souffle cream). love the glass pump, can wash and reuse the jar for other moisturizers or serums! have already used 5 bottles

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by IreneAdler1

Three years of using benzoyl peroxide to control acne breakouts have left my skin severely dehydrated. After trying a few other products that promised to fix the problem, I came across this wonderful little thing. It has helped A LOT. It is very light weight, is absorbed quickly and smells great. Definitely thumbs up from me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I slapped on the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum and my skin was so cool, refreshed, plumped and total opposite of dry and tight. I also really like their grape water spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is oily but dehydrated, and these days I'm looking for a serum rather than a moisturizer. My first try was Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum, which is a Vitamin C serum. I was excited to try it because I knew it could potentially brighten my skin and boost sun protection with its antioxidants. I never used it long enough to see any benefits, but it was a nice hydrating serum. Unfortunately, it broke me out a bit so here I am.

This Caudalie serum has a milky consistency and sinks into the skin very easily. The scent is not strong and I find it pleasant, though scent is pretty personal. For my dehydrated oily skin, I would say this works pretty well. It hydrates without adding too much moisture, so it plays nice with my oiliness. And while I find that some moisturizers seem to sit on my skin and/or sink in just a little bit, this serum actually hydrates. I have no problems using other products on top of this serum, including makeup, so that is a plus.

Apparently, this serum also has some antioxidants, but I can't really comment on whether or not the quantity/quality is laudable.

The only thing, besides the price point ($49), is that this isn't the most hydrating serum. I think if you have truly dry skin, especially if it's also dehydrated, there are better options out there (like OHTS, which offers superior hydration).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

the first time I tried this product I immediately understood why it was called 'thirst quenching'. my skin literally drank it up and instantly felt hydrated. in the drier months I use this as directed which is to use it under a moisturizer. however, because of how lightweight yet effective this serum is, in the summer months, I use this alone as my moisturizer. my skin is left quenched but never greasy and that's exactly what i'm looking for. the price is pretty hard to swallow at first but you don't even need a full pump of this for your entire face so the product does last. the only thing I don't like? the glass bottle. it definitely gives it a luxe feel but it also brings on anxiety while traveling with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Over time, my skin started to dry more and more (unsure whether if it was due to the weather). So I needed to change and update my skincare products.

What's great about this is how fast it absorbs. You almost see an immediate effect after applying this serum, thus, lives its claims as a "S.O.S" serum.
There is a scent to it but it doesn't bother me that much and I have a sensitive nose.
This doesn't clog my pores and doesn't flare up my sensitive skin.
I also like the packaging. it's in a nice glass pump bottle.

After using this for a while (there's about 1/3 left in my bottle), I think I've sort of hit the spot where this product has reached its potential limit on my skin. It really helped my very dry skin, but I needed something more.
After doing a bit of research, I started buying serums and creams that have a stronger hyaluronic acid to help maintain moisture on my skin and products that claim to retain moisture for a longer period of time. This serum does have hyaluronic acid, but it's somewhere at the bottom of the ingredients. So If you have very very dry skin, you should try a stronger product like Dermadoctor's Wrinkle Revenge Serum (I'm trying that right now).
So no, I won't be repurchasing this as I need a different kind of serum now; but yes if my skin was more normal/dry.

Overall, this is a great quick absorbing serum that rescues your dry skin. It's very light and doesn't weigh on your skin. I think it's worth the price tag, but be sure to shop & sample for more suitable products before dropping 48$ on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this with a Sephora order, and I loved it so much, I bought the full size. I have very dry skin, and I use this before my moisturizer just to help my skin a little bit more. Sometimes my skin is so dry, it gets flaky in the middle of the day. If I'm wearing foundation, it will flake though that, which is never a good look. This helps my skin to retain enough moisture throughout the day that my makeup actually stays on. Even though this is so moisturizing, it still feels very light, and not at all greasy or oily. It also soaks into my skin almost immediately after applying it, which is great. I've been using this every day for about five months, and it's only about a third gone. This is a great product in every way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this. I've gone through a few bottles, I use it morning and night in the winter and nighttime only during the sunny months (switch to something with SPF during the day). Very moisturizing and super light, I don't wake up in the morning all shiny and greasy. Doesn't clog pores either. Love! Totally worth the cost for the quality and you do get a decent amount of product. For reference, I tend to have an oily t-zone and drier cheeks... and this is plenty for me. Girls with really dry skin would probably do well to use as intended with another moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from Sephora after hearing Essiebutton on youtube talk about it. I tried this in the middle of winter when my skin was super parched and awful looking. This serum was like a tall glass of water for my thirsty face. I was very sad when my sample ran out. It is a lot of money to spend on basically a moisturizer, but when winter comes around again I just might have to fork over the cash to soothe my dry skin. For now my skin is happy and moisturized since summer is almost here, at least if I do decide to buy it I won't have to use it all year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really love this product, I use this in the am after washing and my skin feels calmer and smoother, definitely hydrated. Although I have really oily skin it has been dry and tight feeling lately so I tried this, I'm glad I did. The serum is very fluid and one pump covers my face and neck, it sinks right in. I will sometimes mix this serum in with my Vinexpert Firming Serum that I use at night if I need added moisture. And of course it is non-comedogenic which is a must for me, I will repurchase :)