April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Treatments - Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

the first time I tried this product I immediately understood why it was called 'thirst quenching'. my skin literally drank it up and instantly felt hydrated. in the drier months I use this as directed which is to use it under a moisturizer. however, because of how lightweight yet effective this serum is, in the summer months, I use this alone as my moisturizer. my skin is left quenched but never greasy and that's exactly what i'm looking for. the price is pretty hard to swallow at first but you don't even need a full pump of this for your entire face so the product does last. the only thing I don't like? the glass bottle. it definitely gives it a luxe feel but it also brings on anxiety while traveling with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Over time, my skin started to dry more and more (unsure whether if it was due to the weather). So I needed to change and update my skincare products.

What's great about this is how fast it absorbs. You almost see an immediate effect after applying this serum, thus, lives its claims as a "S.O.S" serum.
There is a scent to it but it doesn't bother me that much and I have a sensitive nose.
This doesn't clog my pores and doesn't flare up my sensitive skin.
I also like the packaging. it's in a nice glass pump bottle.

After using this for a while (there's about 1/3 left in my bottle), I think I've sort of hit the spot where this product has reached its potential limit on my skin. It really helped my very dry skin, but I needed something more.
After doing a bit of research, I started buying serums and creams that have a stronger hyaluronic acid to help maintain moisture on my skin and products that claim to retain moisture for a longer period of time. This serum does have hyaluronic acid, but it's somewhere at the bottom of the ingredients. So If you have very very dry skin, you should try a stronger product like Dermadoctor's Wrinkle Revenge Serum (I'm trying that right now).
So no, I won't be repurchasing this as I need a different kind of serum now; but yes if my skin was more normal/dry.

Overall, this is a great quick absorbing serum that rescues your dry skin. It's very light and doesn't weigh on your skin. I think it's worth the price tag, but be sure to shop & sample for more suitable products before dropping 48$ on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this with a Sephora order, and I loved it so much, I bought the full size. I have very dry skin, and I use this before my moisturizer just to help my skin a little bit more. Sometimes my skin is so dry, it gets flaky in the middle of the day. If I'm wearing foundation, it will flake though that, which is never a good look. This helps my skin to retain enough moisture throughout the day that my makeup actually stays on. Even though this is so moisturizing, it still feels very light, and not at all greasy or oily. It also soaks into my skin almost immediately after applying it, which is great. I've been using this every day for about five months, and it's only about a third gone. This is a great product in every way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this. I've gone through a few bottles, I use it morning and night in the winter and nighttime only during the sunny months (switch to something with SPF during the day). Very moisturizing and super light, I don't wake up in the morning all shiny and greasy. Doesn't clog pores either. Love! Totally worth the cost for the quality and you do get a decent amount of product. For reference, I tend to have an oily t-zone and drier cheeks... and this is plenty for me. Girls with really dry skin would probably do well to use as intended with another moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from Sephora after hearing Essiebutton on youtube talk about it. I tried this in the middle of winter when my skin was super parched and awful looking. This serum was like a tall glass of water for my thirsty face. I was very sad when my sample ran out. It is a lot of money to spend on basically a moisturizer, but when winter comes around again I just might have to fork over the cash to soothe my dry skin. For now my skin is happy and moisturized since summer is almost here, at least if I do decide to buy it I won't have to use it all year round.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really love this product, I use this in the am after washing and my skin feels calmer and smoother, definitely hydrated. Although I have really oily skin it has been dry and tight feeling lately so I tried this, I'm glad I did. The serum is very fluid and one pump covers my face and neck, it sinks right in. I will sometimes mix this serum in with my Vinexpert Firming Serum that I use at night if I need added moisture. And of course it is non-comedogenic which is a must for me, I will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little pricey but certainly worth it if you have dehydrated skin naturally. I apply a tiny pea size amount to my face after cleansing and toning. Its extremely light and absorbs very very fast (the toner probably helps speed this up too - i like to leave the toner damp on my face and apply the serum directly on top). then I follow it with my favourite face cream. The final result is soft, dewy skin with a healthy glow. It looks very natural. Not greasy or heavy at all. Would buy again.
Note: I use Vichy Purete-thermale Soothing Toner for dry/sensitive skin. Its a great alcohol-free toner and pairs very well with this serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lately, my skin has been extra dry and keeps peeling. Traveling has not helped. I have been mixing this at night with a few drops of jojoba oil. I wake up with perfectly happy, hydrated skin. PS: This will not clog pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: smell is divine, texture is very light, absorbs quickly, one of the best packaging I've had

Cons: like another comment said, it goes on pretty fast compared with other serums, probably because of the texture.

I like this product, but overall I could not see that much effect on my dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by beppin14

I'm obsessed with skincare, and serums in particular, but I've never found one like this. Somehow it really calms my skin, and keeps it both hydrated and clear. This isn't an anti-acne product, but it works way better than anything that's supposed to target breakouts for me! LOVE. I'll never go back to anything else. Genuine holy grail product.